Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 10, 2009 1:32 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Wtf, why? I hope it won't start to suck now. Though I guess a few more episodes have already been finished.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 10, 2009 1:36 PM

Feb 2008
what? Basquash is unsuccessful?
They should get the director of Mars of Destruction.
Only he can save the show! I'm sure.
Jun 10, 2009 1:43 PM

Sep 2007
This sounds like a positive move, though not a good enough reason for me to pick up the show again.
Jun 10, 2009 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
De-JaY said:
what? Basquash is unsuccessful?

That's not surprising. It's an original show, not based on manga, game or novel so it doesn't have an established fanbase; the story is written by a westerner, the character designs are out of anime standard, etc, etc. It'll make better sales in US and Europe.
Jun 10, 2009 2:14 PM

Dec 2007
wait... how far had they gotten in production when the director was fired? For all we know they could've completed all but 5 episodes.
Jun 10, 2009 2:18 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
seishi-sama said:
That's not surprising. It's an original show, not based on manga, game or novel so it doesn't have an established fanbase; the story is written by a westerner, the character designs are out of anime standard, etc, etc. It'll make better sales in US and Europe.
If it gets that far. But anyway, that explains a few things. I'm enjoying it, it's refreshingly different.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 10, 2009 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
seishi-sama said:
If it gets that far. But anyway, that explains a few things. I'm enjoying it, it's refreshingly different.

Same opinion here. Its not good nor exactly imaginative but it delivers it purpouse for me, that is entertainment
Jun 10, 2009 4:50 PM

Oct 2007
At least Kawamori's still in this...
Jun 12, 2009 12:18 AM
Jul 2008
wtf... seriously... I actually enjoyed watching this serious... now they suddenly fired the main director... what bs...
Jun 12, 2009 5:09 AM

Feb 2008
CrystalFalls said:
dtshyk said:
According to the official BBS of Hirata Yuzo (the chief animator of "Basquash!")]

You made a mistake. The chief animator is Hirata Katsuzou.

Oh, thanks. reading 雄三 as Katsuzo is really rare.
Jun 12, 2009 5:22 AM

Feb 2008
@CrystalFalls
well, there is no strict rule in writing Japanese names in alphabet unless one chooses a specific spelling, like
加藤 Kato or Katou
修三 Syuzo or Shuzou
東海林 Syouji or Shoji
In this case, Katsuzo and Katsuzou are essentially the same.
Jun 12, 2009 5:42 AM

Aug 2007
One letter, serious business (couldnt resist it sorry)
Jun 12, 2009 12:31 PM

Jul 2008
Static said:
One letter, serious business (couldnt resist it sorry)

Japanese 101
^^
Jun 12, 2009 1:00 PM

Nov 2006
CrystalFalls said:
dtshyk said:

修三 Syuzo or Shuzou

Syuzo, Shuzo, Syuuzou, or Shuuzou, but not Shuzou.

I see, so this site does not use a consistent system. It is sometimes o, sometimes ou, and sometimes both in the same name.
it's hard to be consistent when everybody has a different preference and no spelling is more "correct" than the other.
Jun 12, 2009 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
windy said:
CrystalFalls said:
dtshyk said:

修三 Syuzo or Shuzou

Syuzo, Shuzo, Syuuzou, or Shuuzou, but not Shuzou.

I see, so this site does not use a consistent system. It is sometimes o, sometimes ou, and sometimes both in the same name.
it's hard to be consistent when everybody has a different preference and no spelling is more "correct" than the other.
We should just switch the people DB to the Japanese, kanji, hiragana, etc.

Romaji is for suckers.
Jun 12, 2009 8:37 PM

Aug 2007
windy said:
The official website of the anime indicates that the new director is Sato Eiichi (the director of "Kiss Dum: Engage Planet").

yeah, never touching this anime now...
My thoughts exactly....and I was thinking of giving it a shot eventually, since I'm not watching much at the moment anyway, but now....gah (Remembers being excited about Kissdum, only to quit after the horrible first two episodes)
Jun 12, 2009 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
So, what was this discouraging event?

It is extremely rare to see an anime director getting fired halfway into the series. Since I had no plans to watch Basquash, I will never find out what's wrong with it..
Jun 15, 2009 4:28 AM

Apr 2009
I hope this doesn't spell the end of Basquash. I really love the anime's refreshing outlook in every aspect.
Jun 21, 2009 10:23 PM

May 2008
hope this doesnt change for the worse

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 4, 2009 12:18 PM

Mar 2008
This is very lolling, as it is from episode 8 onwards that the series evolved from just a "fine" to an "excellent" for me.
Jul 4, 2009 2:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
low sales of DVD killed him. But sometimes DVD sales have NOTHING to do with the quality of the series......

KissDum was......um......yeah.....

Let's really hope the new director discovers new talents....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2009 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
PeanutSteak said:
Effed, the show hasn't been as exhilarating since the first episode but it's still pretty good, it's not like Lucky Star where the first episodes were completely unbearable to watch.

yeah i agree.
I hope that Basquash can recover though, cos it really is good.

Jul 4, 2009 5:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
PeanutSteak said:
Effed, the show hasn't been as exhilarating since the first episode but it's still pretty good, it's not like Lucky Star where the first episodes were completely unbearable to watch.

That is so true. I plan to resume Lucky Star soon.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2009 8:42 PM
Feb 2009
oh fucking hell, i was having high hopes for the series since the very beginning, but now it seems that this series would not be that popular anymore, especially that pathetic episode 12
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

56 by Icebreaker93 »»
8 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
58 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 4 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.