MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

ABe Yoshitoshi's New Anime Despera Confirmed
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» ABe Yoshitoshi's New Anime Despera Confirmed

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
07-06-09, 10:08 PM

So who else is excited for the graphic novel version getting serialized in three days? I can't be the only one. After all, ABe = WIN.

There should be plenty of pretty pictures in the next issue of Animage. =)

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

07-07-09, 4:43 PM

That soon? I'm looking forward to them.

07-09-09, 12:49 PM

Hi ABe fans. Is anybody reading Animage here ?

07-13-09, 9:16 PM

July's issue of Animage definitely has something about Despera (#7 on this cover reads "Despera"); I'm assuming it's the promised serialization...

In addition, ABe posted a few sketches on his blog with along with a short description of his drawing process. http://abworks.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-629.html
Looks outstanding - typical ABe quality.

The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai. You will be honored to accept his invitation.

07-13-09, 9:47 PM

This one does sound interesting!

07-17-09, 11:52 AM

BokuSatchii said:
July's issue of Animage definitely has something about Despera (#7 on this cover reads "Despera"); I'm assuming it's the promised serialization...

Ooh, July issue? Is that out yet? I'm going to a Mitsuwa next weekend and would love to buy it if their bookstore has it! ...would they have it in the US by then, you think?

07-19-09, 8:30 PM

Yeah, it came out on the tenth. There are unfortunately no scans as of now, but you could probably either import it or buy it in Japan.

Unfortunately, my Japanese is only at the level of checking out children's books from the library, so I'll just be sitting back and hoping someone translates it soon.

07-20-09, 9:39 AM

BokuSatchii said:
Yeah, it came out on the tenth. There are unfortunately no scans as of now, but you could probably either import it or buy it in Japan.

Unfortunately, my Japanese is only at the level of checking out children's books from the library, so I'll just be sitting back and hoping someone translates it soon.

I just want to see the pictures. I reaaaally hope that bookstore has it.

07-20-09, 10:27 AM

07-20-09, 10:36 AM

Also, is there anyone or any team who is planning to translate these pages ?

07-20-09, 11:42 AM
Anime Moderator
And BAM! I'm in the mood again. Can't wait.

07-20-09, 1:21 PM

Awesome, thanks! Still gonna see if I can buy it though, just to say that I have it. Heh, the two pictures have two totally different moods.

07-24-09, 3:24 AM

OMG Something new from ABe!?
SO IN!
Wait is he the character designer or will he be doing the story too?
Bah, it doesn't matter, if ABe has a hand in any of it I'll watch it! ^_^

I still haven't see Texhnolyze cause I've been to cheap to buy it....Think I should go buy it like, right now?

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO

07-24-09, 7:48 AM

-Secret- said:

I still haven't see Texhnolyze cause I've been to cheap to buy it....Think I should go buy it like, right now?

Yes.

07-24-09, 5:24 PM

Seasonreaper said:
-Secret- said:

Yes.

lol Ok I did, going to start watching latter tonight. ^_^

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO

07-24-09, 7:40 PM

Ehehe...I still haven't finished watching Texhnolyze. It's been so long that I'll probably have to start over.

But it's just so dark...

07-27-09, 7:02 AM

Finished the first two disks(8 episodes) and so far I like it.
So far it doesn't seem as complicated/hard to follow as Lian was, but I'm still enjoying it a lot! ^_^

Well on the topic of Despera, does any one have/know the translation for the image on the left, here?
I know a bit of it is cut off on the right part of panel 6 but I thought I would ask.

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO

07-28-09, 12:54 AM

Texhnolyze=win. Brace yourself for a fantastic ending. (I say brace yourself because it's the best downer ending I've ever seen).

It would seem like ABe has at least some hand in the story, given the "graphic novel" version. I don't know for sure, though, so don't quote me on it. Even if he doesn't, there's no way this can't be awesome, and his character designs are enough to get me to watch/read anything anyway.

07-30-09, 7:49 PM

BokuSatchii said:
Texhnolyze=win. Brace yourself for a fantastic ending. (I say brace yourself because it's the best downer ending I've ever seen).

Too true.

07-31-09, 1:37 AM

Well I just found out after going to watch Vol.4 that the disks for some of the volumes aren't the right ones....for Vol.4 I got the disk with Eps.9, 10, 11, and 12(Vol.3's disk)
and for Vol.6 I got the disk with Eps. 1, 2, 3, and 4(vol.1's disk of course).... Saddest part is that I don't think I have the recite anymore so I can even return them....Well I found some of the disks cheap online so I'll see if I can get those, though it will be awhile before I can finish the show now...T_T

Close the world,
.txƎᴎ ɘht ᴎɘpO

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices