MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

ABe Yoshitoshi's New Anime Despera Confirmed
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» ABe Yoshitoshi's New Anime Despera Confirmed

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
06-06-09, 7:28 AM

I will definetly check this out, I really liked Lain and you can't go wrong with ABes designs so however the story may develop there will always be pretty characters to look at. Reading the summary it sounds exactly like Lain but set in the 20th century instead, I don't mind that at all though.

Asako said:
Lain sucked some serious rancid donkey arse, so I'll not get my hopes up for this, but I'll still give it a chance as I enjoyed Haibane so ABe obviously has potential.

Complete first, bash later. I didn't find it particularly good at the beginning either but it gets better by the episode and while it becomes really weird, the strings untangle pretty nicely. I suggest you give it another shot.
Modified by Whoomp, 06-06-09, 7:34 AM
[fancy signature here]

06-06-09, 7:38 AM

I miss Abe's stuff, he hasn't done anything since Texhnolyze.

Great news.

06-06-09, 7:58 AM

Negi said:
Complete first, bash later. I didn't find it particularly good at the beginning either but it gets better by the episode and while it becomes really weird, the strings untangle pretty nicely. I suggest you give it another shot.

No; Lain will probably remain the only series to grace my dropped list forever. As it's the only series I own that I won't complete. I bought the box set based on wide praise and recommendation and watched the first disc, maybe a bit of the second (I forget, honestly) and just couldn't handle it any more. I'm more cautious about blind buying since Lain and a few other burns (though the others I did manage to finish). So Lain will stay as a reminder.

There's nothing about the show I liked. It had no redeeming qualities that compelled me to continue with it, so I dropped it like I would any other series I deem not worth my time for uninteresting or bad elements (art, animation, music, foley, voices, story, pacing etc etc).

06-06-09, 9:16 AM

Haven't seen Lain but I've heard and seen some stuff on it. I'll give this a shot as well.

06-06-09, 9:31 AM

Oh yes definitely looking forward to this one I really enjoyed Serial Experiments Lain.

06-06-09, 9:47 AM

Yes! Do want.

06-06-09, 9:51 AM

I hate Lain...

06-06-09, 9:53 AM

New ABe Yoshitoshi anime? I'm in.

06-06-09, 9:57 AM

I'm in. I just finished Haibane Renmei and loved it. I haven't seen any other of his works, but I enjoyed HR, so I'm definitely watching this.

06-06-09, 10:32 AM

Lain was win, hopefully it will be as deep, although with the current audience for anime i doubt it.

06-06-09, 10:46 AM

Fai said:
If its anything like LAIN, I'm out.

Fixed

06-06-09, 10:52 AM

Anime famine over...? ABe comes with manna.

06-06-09, 11:25 AM

Yet to check out any of his stuff, but I'll probably give it a try with how much this guy seems to be praised.

06-06-09, 11:54 AM

Sounds interesting

06-06-09, 12:14 PM

What's with all the Lain hate? I loved Lain :(

Regardless, ABe's stuff is amazing, I'm definitely watching this.

For people who haven't seen ABe's stuff, it tends to be confusing, abstract and slow. I STRONGLY recommend starting with Haibane Renmei, as it is by far his most accessible work. Lain and Texhnolyze are much darker and stranger.
Modified by waterfall, 06-06-09, 12:19 PM

06-06-09, 1:15 PM

I'll check out this new anime, but then I still need to watch SEL. I'll probably pick that up sooner or later... maybe over the summer.

06-06-09, 1:18 PM

waterfall said:

For people who haven't seen ABe's stuff, it tends to be confusing, abstract and slow. I STRONGLY recommend starting with Haibane Renmei, as it is by far his most accessible work. Lain and Texhnolyze are much darker and stranger.

Texhnolyze wasn't written by ABe. You should, uh, learn your material a bit.

06-06-09, 1:34 PM

yessss awesome

Asako said:
No; Lain will probably remain the only series to grace my dropped list forever. As it's the only series I own that I won't complete. I bought the box set based on wide praise and recommendation and watched the first disc, maybe a bit of the second (I forget, honestly) and just couldn't handle it any more. I'm more cautious about blind buying since Lain and a few other burns (though the others I did manage to finish). So Lain will stay as a reminder.

There's nothing about the show I liked. It had no redeeming qualities that compelled me to continue with it, so I dropped it like I would any other series I deem not worth my time for uninteresting or bad elements (art, animation, music, foley, voices, story, pacing etc etc).

snortgiggle

和風と暖かい天気

06-06-09, 2:11 PM

To see ABe Yoshitoshi's work again is something I'm definitely looking forward to. Can't wait to check this series out when it arrives.
waterfall said:
What's with all the Lain hate? I loved Lain :(

Regardless, ABe's stuff is amazing, I'm definitely watching this.

And this.

06-06-09, 2:33 PM

I'm definitely in.

It sounds a bit like Lain 2.0, but since I found that one amazing, and like ABe's stuff in general, I'd surely watch it.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices