Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 5, 2009 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say the episode it was pretty good, especially with all of the great instrumental pieces. In any case, Chikura’s story is a lot interesting than i thought it would be.
ShanaFlameJun 8, 2009 3:08 AM
Jun 6, 2009 1:21 PM

Nov 2007
Poor Mamoru-kun... He is shocked about his love being broken.

Yukito Renjo is introduced.
tsubasaloverJun 6, 2009 1:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 7, 2009 1:15 PM

Nov 2008
That was a sweet little story.

And the lolicon flew off before this became H-rated... LOL
Jun 8, 2009 12:00 AM

Sep 2007
So now we're starting threads just for the sake of starting it and not saying anything?

I lulz at Ayumi and Koyoi getting scolded by Kei. Chikura's story was nicely done in one episode. I thought there would be more four eyes guy in it though. I was expecting him to follow her to the roof, but guess that didn't happen. More Kei next episode is always a good thing.
Jun 8, 2009 12:44 AM

Sep 2008

How could anyone bear to scold such a face like Koyoi's!?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 12:49 AM

Sep 2008
QUALITY.

Man, J.C.STAFF didn't skimp out on anything in this episode (same for the others eps) but this one felt more like an animated movie, perhaps it was because the theme was art itself :P

Almost anywhere you pause in this episode could be used as a desktop wallpaper.

Story itself, I loved it. Sure it was as over the top as the animation, like going around the world painting children, but it still managed to hook me and give you that, 'I like you thats why we have to part ways' scenario, which is also cliche but come on, the dude is Zack Efron with a loli.
Jun 8, 2009 1:14 AM

Feb 2008
as far as now, this was the best episode of hatsukoi :3
Jun 8, 2009 1:56 AM

Sep 2007
Man WTF! Whats the point of even showing Sogabe in this episode!?" Here's a guy, lets hope he gets the girl." HELL FUCK NAW!!! He can't get the girl cause she's now in love with some super fucking stud now. WHats the point of even showing these guys if everyone they like get token away by some fucking prince charming on a motherfucking gallant steed. This anime seems to love shitting on the underdogs. One more episode of this abuse the underdog bullshit and I'm dropping this shit.
Jun 8, 2009 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
Misaki may be my favourite of the girls, but story wise, Chikura's is the best out of the current ones. Looks like the animation quality may have reached its peak with this episode.
Jun 8, 2009 2:16 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Didn't like this episode too much but the end was decent.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 8, 2009 2:28 AM

Sep 2008
Roxkis said:
Man WTF! Whats the point of even showing Sogabe in this episode!?" Here's a guy, lets hope he gets the girl." HELL FUCK NAW!!! He can't get the girl cause she's now in love with some super fucking stud now. WHats the point of even showing these guys if everyone they like get token away by some fucking prince charming on a motherfucking gallant steed. This anime seems to love shitting on the underdogs. One more episode of this abuse the underdog bullshit and I'm dropping this shit.

this is exactly one of the reasons i love this show, it isn't your typical cliche crap it's truly believable and realistic. Love doesen't always go perfectly you know?

In my opinion this episode was one word, Beautiful. This episode was pure top notch quality, and easily one of the best episodes of an anime i have seen in the past while. The story's presentation was done so nice, I really loved the way the showed the romance build between Chikura and Renjou. And it was a really sad ending for Chikura, but it shows like i said before. Love doesen't always go perfectly. And it also brings up Sogabe. The entire episode and even now i feel so sad for him. Because he's being trying to impress her only for her to fall in love with another guy. This has happened to me before, it's so realistic and i can relate to it. In the end though i felt sorry for both Chikura and Sogabe though. Also Chikura is one of my favorite characters in this show now :)

Loved some of the scenes in this episode too such as the cherry blossoms flying around. It looked so great. Also like how (like they have always done) put slight developments for the other romances into the episode. Such as outcomes from the last episode. This episode may have not been half comedy half romance like the rest, but either way this showed has impressed me in both and is still definitely my favorite comedy and romance for this season.
Jun 8, 2009 2:31 AM

Sep 2008
Sogabe is just the fallback guy that won't amount to expectations, right? :P
They just want to remind us that "Oh, he has a chance now that he's gone."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2009 3:22 AM

May 2008
I have to say the episode it was pretty good, especially with all of the great instrumental pieces. In any case, Chikura’s story is a lot interesting, well it follows the manga i suppose ^^
but chikura;s side story is quite well sadder in a way then the others, well youll see why,.
Jun 8, 2009 4:39 AM

Jul 2008

I think this episode was the best one so far ! I really enjoyed it and Chikura was interesting character. And it was so touchful in the end, when Chikura ran to the rooftop ;;--------;;

cute aren't they ?

Jun 8, 2009 5:26 AM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
Roxkis said:

this is exactly one of the reasons i love this show, it isn't your typical cliche crap it's truly believable and realistic. Love doesn't always go perfectly you know?

In my opinion this episode was one word, Beautiful. This episode was pure top notch quality, and easily one of the best episodes of an anime i have seen in the past while. The story's presentation was done so nice, I really loved the way the showed the romance build between Chikura and Renjou. And it was a really sad ending for Chikura, but it shows like i said before. Love doesn't always go perfectly. And it also brings up Sogabe. The entire episode and even now i feel so sad for him. Because he's being trying to impress her only for her to fall in love with another guy. This has happened to me before, it's so realistic and i can relate to it. In the end though i felt sorry for both Chikura and Sogabe though. Also Chikura is one of my favorite characters in this show now :)

Loved some of the scenes in this episode too such as the cherry blossoms flying around. It looked so great. Also like how (like they have always done) put slight developments for the other romances into the episode. Such as outcomes from the last episode. This episode may have not been half comedy half romance like the rest, but either way this show has impressed me in both and is still definitely my favorite comedy and romance for this season.
QFT from top to bottom (maybe except Chikura didn't impress me that much, the other girls have more unique character traits). Anyway, her story wasn't ground breaking, but the execution was simply beautiful! I was totally overwhelmed by the ending!

Next episode has more Kei = tons of fun!
Jun 8, 2009 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
That was a touching, beautiful and well done episode! 1st love could never be replaced!... well in some situations.....
matias067Jun 8, 2009 5:47 AM

Jun 8, 2009 5:51 AM

May 2009
This is the first episode of Hatsukoi Limited that brought me teary eyes :)
But I'm really looking forward to the next episode. The relationship which interests me the most is the love relationship between the beauty and the kappa :P
Jun 8, 2009 7:12 AM

Jan 2009
cyruz said:
Didn't like this episode too much but the end was decent.

Haha, I felt that way exactly... I didn't really like this episode except for the ending... the ending is what made this episode decent/good. Definitely not one of the best of HL... but it was better than the last one or that swimming one... I didn't like the last one too much for some reason. haha, the underdogs are the reason I like this show!? Cause I know some how some way that the unloved at the end will some how be satisfied because they deserve it! I didn't like the glasses guy character... he doesn't do anything to show that he loves her... thus in my mind he doesn't really have a chance... and I don't know why they even show him... he doesn't comfort her or anything... at least that older Zaitsu protects and watches over the girl he likes. This episode had a good ending though.
Jun 8, 2009 7:48 AM

Jun 2007
http://sarcasmpodcast.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=489168
Shame on those who didn't like this episode.
Check out my podcast here
Jun 8, 2009 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
I think it was a good episode overall, the music made it very good. At least Sogabe and Chikura feel the same way about the use of the phrase "see you tomorrow", it's just a shame she was applying it to Renjou and not Sogabe; so Sogabe does have a place.

However the one problem with this episode is that it needed more Misaki. :P
Jun 8, 2009 8:27 AM

Dec 2007
Cause I like chikura this episode brought a tear to my eye T.T
Jun 8, 2009 9:37 AM
Sep 2008
Last week, I wasn't looking forward to this episode, but they really did a good job. I'm glad I watched it =).
Jun 8, 2009 9:50 AM

Oct 2007
Roxkis said:

If you have watched 9 eps of this show and you still don't get it then you are failed to understand this show. Like some people have said it is not a type of drama or harem series that you expected it to be.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 8, 2009 11:20 AM

Sep 2007
Siva said:
Roxkis said:

If you have watched 9 eps of this show and you still don't get it then you are failed to understand this show. Like some people have said it is not a type of drama or harem series that you expected it to be.

Indeed you seem to be right. Maybe this anime hits a little to close to the heart...
I seems to be able to relate to the guys that get hurt. The anime overall is nice but the last 2 episodes have just kinda sucked from the male perspective IMO.

PS. Alcohol+Anime+fourm about said anime= drunken rant
Jun 8, 2009 11:50 AM

Jan 2008
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say the episode it was pretty good, especially with all of the great instrumental pieces. In any case, Chikura’s story is a lot interesting than i thought it would be.

I AGREE
Jun 8, 2009 12:24 PM

Aug 2007
Definitely the best episode up untill now and I don't think it will get better than this. Too bad for those who expected a harem moe show: that's what I thought at first, but I'm glad it didn't. Will Renjou ever come back is more the question this episode... ;_; Sogabe was doing well this episode as well.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 8, 2009 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
mel said:
QUALITY.

Man, J.C.STAFF didn't skimp out on anything in this episode (same for the others eps) but this one felt more like an animated movie,
Yeah, I had some 5 cm flashbacks during this episode and ef - tale of memories flashbacks. Awesome animation. The pacing was kind of slow but it fit the episode itself perfectly. Great ED as well.

I felt like I was watching another show. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Jun 8, 2009 1:46 PM

Mar 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Yeah, I had some 5 cm flashbacks during this episode

Same here, and I love that movie so that was excellent.

kuroshiroi said:

Again, I had the same feeling.

I think it's a bad thing; it makes me wish the rest of the show was more like this episode.
Jun 8, 2009 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
Pretty good episode. Though, nothing much really happened in this episode but it gave good development to Chikura. Besides, special ED was great. :)
Jun 8, 2009 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
kuroshiroi said:
I had some 5 cm flashbacks during this episode

Yeah I guess so.
This was a pretty nice ep, nothing more to say about it...

- Lith.
Jun 8, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
Kurisu said:
kuroshiroi said:

Again, I had the same feeling.

I think it's a bad thing; it makes me wish the rest of the show was more like this episode.
Well, I quite like the entire show, it's just that this episode was completely different. So I guess... it's bad too :)

It was quite the perfect compliement to over-pantsu-laden episode 8.
Jun 8, 2009 4:17 PM
Oct 2007
Chikura!!! <3

mel said:
QUALITY.

I completely agree. And that's what I'm doing now, screen-capturing, hehe.
Jun 8, 2009 4:22 PM

Feb 2009
Horochan said:
as far as now, this was the best episode of hatsukoi :3

omg I agree I loved it soo much!!! And Ishida, Akira was in it<3333! I really liked Chikura's story! It was so touching :)

mel said:
QUALITY.

Man, J.C.STAFF didn't skimp out on anything in this episode (same for the others eps) but this one felt more like an animated movie, perhaps it was because the theme was art itself :P

Story itself, I loved it. Sure it was as over the top as the animation, like going around the world painting children, but it still managed to hook me and give you that, 'I like you thats why we have to part ways' scenario, which is also cliche but come on, the dude is Zack Efron with a loli.

I agree with pretty much everything you said lol. I kept thinking I want to make that part my wallpaper too! XD
Jun 8, 2009 5:08 PM

Apr 2008
lovely episode =D touching and all .. great story

Jun 8, 2009 6:32 PM

Jun 2007
Roxkis said:
Siva said:
Roxkis said:

Indeed you seem to be right. Maybe this anime hits a little to close to the heart...
I seems to be able to relate to the guys that get hurt.
The anime overall is nice but the last 2 episodes have just kinda sucked from the male perspective IMO.

PS. Alcohol+Anime+fourm about said anime= drunken rant

I agree, I feel the same way when watching this but then again I'm happy this isn't your traditional boy gets girl type story. It would such if everyone was all happy and won in the end. That type of stuff very rarely happens in real life so it gets annoying when every anime shows it happening lol. Thats basically what makes this show so good. Theres also the face that most of us can relate to each of the boys easily (The intimidating one, the class clown, the smart one, the one that gets along with everyone, the one that gets along with girls but can never make it past "friend"...etc).
Jun 8, 2009 6:41 PM

Feb 2008
DeathfireD: Did you make a relationship chart for Hatsukoi?
Jun 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Dec 2008
Another heart broken, yay.

So hard to feel happy about the little bit of joy the characters get at the end looking at that horrific time.

The drama is almost unbearable, I need to see some love.

Jun 8, 2009 6:52 PM

Feb 2008
At first I really wasn't expecting much, but the episode wasn't all that bad. Next week is Kei though, so I'm looking forward to that :3
Jun 8, 2009 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
I loved the piano music during this episode. And the artwork was interesting this episode as well.
Jun 8, 2009 7:37 PM

Sep 2008
This episode made me teary eyed. It was the best episode so far.

Jun 8, 2009 8:35 PM

May 2008
really sad, but at least she still have Sogabe lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 8, 2009 10:10 PM

Sep 2008
kuroshiroi said:

I was going to make one of these but looked in the Hatsukoi website and found one already made

looks like:
LEFT side = Middle schoolers
RIGHT side shaded in tan = High schoolers
Jun 8, 2009 10:16 PM

Jul 2007
ya I agree this episode is the best so far
Jun 8, 2009 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
better than expected the ending was rather cute
Jun 9, 2009 1:03 AM

May 2008
Lithia said:
kuroshiroi said:
I had some 5 cm flashbacks during this episode

Yeah I guess so.
This was a pretty nice ep, nothing more to say about it...

- Lith.
yeah i also though about 5 cm.. Cool movie btw.
Jun 9, 2009 4:20 AM

Feb 2008
mel said:
kuroshiroi said:

I was going to make one of these but looked in the Hatsukoi website and found one already made

looks like:
LEFT side = Middle schoolers
RIGHT side shaded in tan = High schoolers
Yes, we have a love rectangle!
That's seriously complicated though, that Ayumi - Misaki rectangle.
Jun 9, 2009 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
A very good story, as a one shot I would have loved it. There was great emotions in the episode and finally there was no fanservice, or I think there wasn't. If there was then I definitely didn't notice because the episode was so good. Chikura is one of my favorites now, she's so sweet.
Jun 9, 2009 6:32 AM

May 2009
Best Ep so far, that's what i call a romance (slice of life) anime, simply outstanding it really is and if you don't like it well.... then commit seppuku >:3

Why don't you show me your so called "justice" - Hakumen
Jun 9, 2009 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
Beautiful episode!! I was so touched.
Jun 9, 2009 8:01 AM

Apr 2008
Beautiful episode but I'm most interested with Enomoto x Kusuda

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

152 by CosmicGirl08 »»
Feb 28, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Annisa - Jun 27, 2009

147 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 14, 12:37 AM

» season 2

Californiaa - Nov 18, 2012

3 by Archfiend836 »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

73 by LadyLeeMing »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - May 16, 2009

88 by Andrias12 »»
Jan 10, 2021 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.