Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2009 6:25 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok we get it already, Hino is only in love with the violin!!! Sorry bishies you don't stand a chance!!!!!!!! ;P

I have a soft spot for certain characters, so I was a little disappointed that Kaiji took the lead and the others didn't get to appear much. At one point I was wondering if Len was actually even going to feature!

The special's story was sweet, but not sure about introducing a new character. But I guess with a fairly large cast, would be hard to develop relationships between Hino and the other concours participants in under 50 minutes... ^^;
Jun 6, 2009 1:08 AM

Jun 2008
I liked it but it feels like it's not over, there should be an actual 2nd season instead of a 2 episode ova, since there is far too much going on xD

Too bad Len didn't get the spotlight, but oh well there are other bishonens :D
Jun 6, 2009 2:26 AM
Jan 2009
angeline_ said:
I liked it but it feels like it's not over, there should be an actual 2nd season instead of a 2 episode ova, since there is far too much going on xD

Too bad Len didn't get the spotlight, but oh well there are other bishonens :D

I agree with you... the 2 ep ova really feels like incomplete....
It was kind a disappointing that kaji took the lead...
but oh well... at least we saw all of them...
Jun 6, 2009 3:51 AM

Nov 2008
It was alright, pretty open-ended though... hopefully that means a fully-grown second season! lol

Jun 6, 2009 5:18 AM

Mar 2008
Oh God I fangirled so much over Kaji and Miyano Mamoru.
And that song by Mamo-chan! I want it so bad >.<

I want moar of La corda and Kaji-kun!
Jun 6, 2009 6:53 AM

May 2008
Tsuchiura RULESSSSSSSSSSS

La Corda is such an awesome show
dam does it have to end like this?

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 6, 2009 7:24 AM

Sep 2008
OMG Kaji knelt down and kissed her hand!
KYAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~

The concert was a nice way to end the show :)
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jun 6, 2009 9:06 AM

Jun 2008
Tsuchiura and hino!
Jun 6, 2009 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
I was just listening the the music they played at the end not that long ago when I was watching Princess Tutu lol

Anyway, these two special episodes weren't that great but the music is still very delicious ^^
Jun 6, 2009 9:08 PM

May 2008
nehnehneji said:

Ok we get it already, Hino is only in love with the violin!!! Sorry bishies you don't stand a chance!!!!!!!! ;P

I have a soft spot for certain characters, so I was a little disappointed that Kaiji took the lead and the others didn't get to appear much. At one point I was wondering if Len was actually even going to feature!

I was thinking the exact same thing.
It would be really awesome if there was a season two.
Jun 7, 2009 5:04 AM

May 2008
I love Tsuchiura's play in the shop. Does anyone know what music was that?

Jun 7, 2009 10:19 AM
Oct 2008
i wish there were more...instead of 2 ova...i wanted to see what hino played and how the ppl will react to it..
Jun 7, 2009 10:03 PM
Jun 2009
i haven't seen it yet i would like to know how i can see i online or if it has a subtitle version in english
i would love to see please contact me this is going to be the email i want you to show
ygrayneails@gmail.com
Jun 8, 2009 1:56 AM

May 2009
cyns said:
i haven't seen it yet i would like to know how i can see i online or if it has a subtitle version in english

i watched it here:
http://www.watchanimeon.com/anime/la-corda-doro/

i was actually pretty disappointed with this. i find the character developments pretty flat. it's like Hino-affects-all-with-her-love-for-the-violin-and-they-start-loving-her going on throughout the series. the same thing happened in the first, and the same thing happens in the second with Kaji-kun.

we don't even know WHO the fur guy, Kiriya Etou, is. all he does is say, "you're wasting you're time." and even the new chairman, why's he so stuck up? how do they know each other?

sure, it's open-ended. and despite the tad bit of lameness of this series with the dense-headed-Kahoko, something hooks me to this anime. but i'd really like to see some kind of strong development.. more action-reaction..

Kaji showing PDA was funny though, esp. the last bit. =)) i'd have really liked to see what went on in each of the guy's mind. ;)

* has anyone read the manga? is it better than the anime or pretty much the same?
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 8, 2009 2:48 PM
Nov 2008
Yeah, really, it didn't feel like anything special. The supernatural element is gone, and Hino has gotten over her emo phase...what's left? Kaji is just another supporting character. There's really no substantial difference between him and the rest of the ensamble, and he goes through the exact same thing we've seen 6 times already. Hino is the character we care about, and we don't even get to see her on stage. The special just didn't add anything to the series. Overall, disapointing.
Jun 8, 2009 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
I love the La Corda series' but this was highly disappointing. I did like the concert (However, I wanted to see Kahoko perform), did like Kaji's character, and loved the part where he kissed her hand and all the other guy's shocked faces... But the rest bored me to tears.

I hope another season comes out where Kahoko falls in love!! (Hopefully with Hihara~)
Jun 8, 2009 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
For some reason I don't like Kaji's seiyuu. Idk, it's like half woman and half man, and there isn't any emotion to it. :/

Jun 10, 2009 8:17 AM

May 2008
aw it ended just like that??
i was hoping to see kaho on stage., or even a ren-kaho interaction., what a disappointment., i even thought ren wouldn't appear on the last episode! lol.
so the whole story was focused on kaji, while the other two new characters showed up for only how many times.,
i also wished they make a 2nd seasond and not just a 2-episode OVA.
Jun 10, 2009 3:16 PM

Feb 2009
I wish that the second season was longer than two episodes....
The episode was decent - a lot about Kaji was revealed, which was awesome :D I didn't like the plotline too much...maybe because it was very similar to Season 1. I also felt that some of the characters (Len especially) should have had more screen time.
On the other hand, I throughly enjoyed the music used in this season! ^.^
Jun 11, 2009 7:00 AM
Apr 2009
Yeah, it was pretty disappointing... All they did was repeat the same lines but with different words... They all pretty much say the same thing...
The only part that was actually good was when Kaji knelt down and kissed Hino's hand... I just like the reaction of the other guys, but not Kaji... (Len should have punched him in the nose... that would have been better...)
Well I understand it if it has an open ending, because it was based on a game, but they should have at least continued the stories between the other characters...
Overall, i still like the Summer Encore instead... I just don't get how this was connected with the Primo Passo...
Jun 11, 2009 7:51 PM

Feb 2009
yuna733 said:
The only part that was actually good was when Kaji knelt down and kissed Hino's hand... I just like the reaction of the other guys, but not Kaji...Len should have punched him in the nose... that would have been better...

Lol - Even though I like Kaji, I would have totally enjoyed Len punching him to add a bit of interest and drama to the episode.
Jun 12, 2009 2:35 PM

May 2008
Remington007 said:
yuna733 said:
The only part that was actually good was when Kaji knelt down and kissed Hino's hand... I just like the reaction of the other guys, but not Kaji...Len should have punched him in the nose... that would have been better...

Lol - Even though I like Kaji, I would have totally enjoyed Len punching him to add a bit of interest and drama to the episode.

I third that. It was disappointing Len didn't get to appear much too. :[
Jun 12, 2009 6:34 PM

Apr 2008
Kahoko reminds me of William Hung--
terrible, but people appreciate his passion.

MIYANO MAMORU. :|

I love this series. Would like to see more~! The ending pretty much calls for a sequel of some sort.

ALSO, they act like he penetrated her--a kiss on the hand is fairly G-rated. (':
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2009 7:47 AM

Feb 2009
When I ended watching second episode, my first thought was:
wtf?!
I really enjoyed La corda d'Oro... But this ending... I even can't call it "ending", because it's not. What about Kahoko's concert? And which boy Kahoko likes?
Arrrgh! I want more!
;)
http://fairy-end.myminicity.com - please click me sometimes xD
Jun 14, 2009 11:39 PM

May 2009
BrokenTrinkets said:
Remington007 said:
yuna733 said:

I third that. It was disappointing Len didn't get to appear much too. :[

=))
that WOULD have been SO interesting!! =D so I fourth it!!
you know, this just makes me think that somebody should create a spoof anime of this series incorporating all of the things we've been waiting for since the first season and maybe go on a revolutionary streak and add some really interesting scenes.. like the harem getting into fist fights with each other over kahoko. maybe some kidnapping.. some torturing..? =)) aahahaha!! if somebody could produce that, even in chibi format, I would LOVE to watch it!! =))

ummyeah said:

ALSO, they act like he penetrated her--a kiss on the hand is fairly G-rated. (':

lol!! that's because all of them were cowards not to have taken that moment for themselves.. and they were probably thinking, "wtf! does that mean I missed my chance with her??!!"
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 8, 2009 7:30 PM
May 2008
ugh they didn't EVEN finish the concert!
that's just horrible. bad place to end it. COME ON!
and they really kept hammering the idea of her loving her violin. we know already.
and yeah i prefer the summer encore as the actual ending. it's the best one.

and i'm sorry for those other guys there, but Kaji's been with her like what, less than a month and he's ALREADY MADE A MOVE! those other guys are way too slow :)
Jul 12, 2009 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
:( I really hope that there will be a 2nd season... this leaves much to be desired.
Jul 19, 2009 3:32 AM

Dec 2008
Uhhh. This Special was disappointing =.="

First, it was only 2 episodes - I want more!
Second, I wanted to hear Kahoko's music at the end.
Third, I don't like Kaji seyuu. His voice is little girly xD
Fourth, this ending. No, it wasn't an ending!

Uhhh, I hope so It will be new, REALLY 2nd season.

Jul 21, 2009 7:40 PM

Feb 2008
Wow seriously...that's the end? All those hot bishi's and she ends up with a violin.

That's it, Hino MUST be a lesbian. This is a yuri, there's no doubt in my mind.
Jul 30, 2009 12:49 PM

Sep 2008
A REAL end, please.

Although I liked it, it left me wanting for more >___<. There better be a second season! ¬¬

*^*Random Rant*^*
Nov 17, 2009 6:55 AM

Nov 2009
I saw it and I'm confused.

Someone had right noticing: Boys are way too slow compating with Kaji.

Aoi i extremaly handsome, in my opinion.

But still, I don't get, why they all stil keep thanking Kaho? Ok, she's a sweet girl and have great spirit, but they act like she saved the world and she didn't.

Kaho...Thank you! Hino, you changed evrything! Kaho, you opened the door, you waked up my music, blablabla...

And in Secondo passo it's annoying. I wonder, was it end, right now, the second episode was the last one?
Mar 7, 2010 5:09 AM

Jun 2009
I fifth Len hitting Kajii! Get some action in this series. 8D
It's been a while since I watched the first season.... But the feeling I had from these two episodes is not what I remembered having from the first 26.
I missed something. And it didn't help that most of the time the characters were repeating themselves. @@

Overal a decent anime, but it could be so much better.
I also think that they didn't choose the VA for Kaji that well... He needs a more masculine voice.
Mar 9, 2010 2:44 PM

Oct 2007
I really hope that there will be second season 'cause it can't end like that..
I loved everyones expression when Kaji kneeled and kissed Hino's hand... BUT he sounds like a little school boy.. not great..
It was kinda annoying because they didn't show Hino's perfomance..
I'm currently reading La Corda D'Oro but I'm stuck on chapter 62 because there hasn't been any updates for a while..
Jul 1, 2010 11:22 PM

Mar 2008
you know what sucks about this..is that it only had 2 episodes thats it, when it clearly had the fondation and basis for it to be second season but no, they left it with 2 eps when it had like i said before the basis for a second season thats what blows! - i feel robbed, really, i do tsk! - hopefully they'll make a sequel to this and pick up where they left it off at after this 2 episodes that so should not have been only 2 epis but an entire season in itself as a follow up to the first! - but i digresss *ahen* anyway of topic there..point is i hope they pick up where they left this second pass off and make a sequel - a complete 3rd season with an actual complete season worth of episodes as to how a complete season is - which could range from 20-50 episodes! :D
Oct 5, 2010 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
The reason why they haven't gone with just one character is because it's based off an otome game~ when I watched this anime and saw how there were sooo many guys and how it was hard to pick, and you didn't just go for one, I thought it might be an otome game and when I looked it up I was right xD so yeah, that's the reason there's not one guy that she's picked, because the game varies, and the manga's based on the game, so I'm guessing the manga is trying to show as many scenes from the game and showing the different routes, thus the manga hasn't ended(I think) and they haven't made another season.
Click it! :D
Oct 31, 2010 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
I liked the first season and the special...
I like the second season too but there needs to come more!!!
I can't believe they are torturing me again with such a cliff hanger!
when are those people who make anime going to understand,
we like it when there are open endings to fantasize about when the good parts of the stories are rounded up and the other is hinted at!
we don't like it when you start a story, insert an interesting part and then cut the story off!!
Jeezes!!! I'm soo furious with them!! I was looking forward to some real romance and here we are, 2nd season has stopped and they know they like her, that they respect her, that they are jealous but they didn't say a damn thing!!! AAARGH!!!
grtz
Dec 8, 2010 2:54 AM

Sep 2009
Why is not Hihara tells Kahoko that he loves her? >.< Hihara x Kahoko *O*

The end was a little... It seems that was not completed

But!! Read this!!! http://oujisama24.multiply.com/journal/item/6/La_Corda_d_Oro_3_-_A_New_Beginning

Can we expect the 3rd season? I hope so.
Dec 8, 2010 3:14 AM

Sep 2009
Jun 16, 2012 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
Well, looks like the anime franchise is over. These two special episodes weren't that special though imo but still had some clicks.

Anyways, ye.
Jun 12, 2016 8:25 PM

Feb 2015
Well, violin-kun is obviously best boy. I'm kind of disappointed it ended like that, this would have benefited from a few more episodes.
Jun 23, 2016 10:03 PM

Mar 2016
Good one, too many pretty guys, can't choose in between!
But Len, Ryotaro were always my fav, and adding Kaji to my list.
But this still seem incomplete, I wish if there was more episodes.
Apr 8, 2017 12:30 PM

May 2013
Eh. Average compared to S1.

5/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~secondo passo~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zeino - Mar 26, 2009

58 by Kokoro_Kotashima »»
Apr 8, 2017 10:47 AM

» New season?

Aojo - Dec 7, 2010

0 by Aojo »»
Dec 7, 2010 2:37 PM

» DVD Version subbed by Strawberry Mint Subs

MaeShareaza - Sep 2, 2010

0 by MaeShareaza »»
Sep 2, 2010 5:13 AM

» when will the season 2 of la corda going to start? XD

anndie_rose - Dec 28, 2008

22 by shelisiyah »»
Jun 23, 2009 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.