Forum Settings
Forums

What anime left the strongest impression on you? And for how long were you hungover it?

New
Feb 11, 2014 9:28 PM

Aug 2013
Just like it says in the topic title. For me it was Shinsekai Yori (From the New World), Steins Gate, Welcome to The NHK and Clannad (Seasons 1 and 2).
I still havnt gotten over how awesome these series were.
"When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming Signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli that's amore"

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 15, 2014 12:56 AM
Jan 2014
One piece i guess though it hasn't ended and is no where close to ending but just thinking about all the things that are happening in the series and those that could happen is just exciting!
Feb 16, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
I ve never watched one piece. It just seemed too long and i felt that i would get bored of the fillers and extended fight scenes shounen animes usually have. But maybe i should give it a try.
"When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming Signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli that's amore"

Feb 19, 2014 9:44 PM
Jan 2014
YES!It's long but you won't regret watching it!It doesn't have that many fillers and you can skip them if you want to.
Mar 9, 2014 8:16 AM
Dec 2010
Death Note and Steins;Gate.
Jun 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Dec 2013
clannad and Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin a must see
Dec 4, 2014 5:57 AM
Sep 2012
Um
For me it was gurren laggan
and the absolute mindfuck that is paranoia agent.
Jul 29, 2015 3:50 AM

Mar 2015
ShiroNeko89 said:
I ve never watched one piece. It just seemed too long and i felt that i would get bored of the fillers and extended fight scenes shounen animes usually have. But maybe i should give it a try.

one piece are the best series in history, though i think its your own choice

I think Sword Art Online fits in for me because its about two years and still it has great impact on me
Aug 14, 2015 11:36 PM
Apr 2013
speaking of impression, it mostly changes eventually I get to watch any master piece. about having longest impression, never measured it. however, these series which left great impact on my impression side were Steins;Gate, Gintama, One Piece, Hajime no ippo and The world God Only knows.
Sep 29, 2019 6:52 AM

Feb 2016
Fairy Tail, still hung up even after 3.5 years...

and then re zero, still hung up even after 2 years, keeping an unbiased uproach i think re zero is more than FT...
Oct 1, 2019 5:02 PM

Jun 2009
Satsugai-Dono said:

and then re zero, still hung up even after 2 years, keeping an unbiased uproach i think re zero is more than FT...

@Satsugai-Dono Ohhh do tell us the story of Fairy Tail and how you got hung up on it!! For me it was Bleach even tho it went to shit after Shounen Jump and Kubo Tite's relationship soured. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours! Considering ur posting avatar is Natsu, THIS GONNA BE GOOD.
*grabs popcorn and waits*

Oct 4, 2019 9:16 PM

Feb 2016
Chai_ said:
Satsugai-Dono said:

@Satsugai-Dono Ohhh do tell us the story of Fairy Tail and how you got hung up on it!! For me it was Bleach even tho it went to shit after Shounen Jump and Kubo Tite's relationship soured. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours! Considering ur posting avatar is Natsu, THIS GONNA BE GOOD.
*grabs popcorn and waits*

Welps, starts sweating, there actually was someone who would listen to my story, but damn, was my story ever that interesting, well it's do or die so here goes the story of a boy, who knew so less about anime, that if you ask him to name just 10 anime, he won't be able to answer you, that boy, in his heart, he wanted to be your cliche main story protagonist, and he even lived his life, realife on those principles. And the biggest virtue of them all was to not give up, and always love your friends and protect them, ( of course reality at that time hadn't tested him of these qualities but he believed he had them, he was proved wrong later on but that's another long story for another time). This boy knew about an anime, the only 7 anime he knew of, among them fairy tail, but where to watch it, of course, you tube, since there is no other place to watch, ( you are allowed to slap me for my naivness here), anyways in 360p with few eps missing, no op and ending songs, I watched fairy tail, but despite the shitty conditions, I fell in love more and more and just madly in love with it... Why. I always had my own stories, and my hero mostly had fire powers and dragons have always been majestic to me, so imagine my surprise when I found such awesome magics, moreover, new to the anime thing, their voice acting, and emotions and fights, I was just in awe with every single ep, it resonated with my every chord, and of course the art, damn, fair tails art to me is still the best. Damn hot and pretty.
Oct 8, 2019 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
Too many to name. The ones that I still think about though:
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Death Note
Monster
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell (Oshii Movies, mostly.)
Mushishi.
Ping Pong: The Animation

Also, Naturo (sometimes). Especially the Pain Arc and Jiraiya....still haven't gotten over it. Fucking kishimoto
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 29, 2019 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
eyerok said:
Death Note
Monster
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi.

Also, Naturo (sometimes). Especially the Pain Arc and Jiraiya....still haven't gotten over it. Fucking kishimoto

Lol I remember how much you used to fangirl over Legend of Galactic Heroes holy shit. I even downloaded the whole show (still have it saved on external storage) because of you but never watched it since its like 120 eps. Sorry i also did not watch Mushishi yet even though i downloaded both season. I will watch it one day.

My biggest one is TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN though. Only show i gave 11/10 because it does 1 thing and it does it right. That is, the shounen aspect of never giving up. It's just so motivating.

Other memorable mentions are:
FMA2 -- Strong shounen aspect. Crisp animation considering age of show. Overall perfect production.
Samurai Champloo -- Soundtrack and chill vibes.
Code Geass -- This one agonized and frustrated me with how much everyone lied to each other.
Bakemonogatari (1st and 2nd season) -- This one really gave me some food for thought compared to other shows.
Cowboy Bebop -- Just how professional and slick the whole show was considering age of show.
Mirai Nikki & Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni -- Just some weird, sadomasochistic, watching pleasure idk man.
Naruto -- Sporadically. Strong shounen aspect again.
Your Name -- Best anime romcom.
Chai_Dec 29, 2019 7:43 PM

Jan 17, 2021 11:23 AM

Sep 2008
Chai_ said:
eyerok said:
Death Note
Monster
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Mushishi.

Lol I remember how much you used to fangirl over Legend of Galactic Heroes holy shit. I even downloaded the whole show (still have it saved on external storage) because of you but never watched it since its like 120 eps. Sorry i also did not watch Mushishi yet even though i downloaded both season. I will watch it one day.

My biggest one is TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN though. Only show i gave 11/10 because it does 1 thing and it does it right. That is, the shounen aspect of never giving up. It's just so motivating.

Other memorable mentions are:
FMA2 -- Strong shounen aspect. Crisp animation considering age of show. Overall perfect production.
Samurai Champloo -- Soundtrack and chill vibes.
Code Geass -- This one agonized and frustrated me with how much everyone lied to each other.
Bakemonogatari (1st and 2nd season) -- This one really gave me some food for thought compared to other shows.
Cowboy Bebop -- Just how professional and slick the whole show was considering age of show.
Mirai Nikki & Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni -- Just some weird, sadomasochistic, watching pleasure idk man.
Naruto -- Sporadically. Strong shounen aspect again.
Your Name -- Best anime romcom.

haha yeah I was head over heels in love with LOTGH. But since then, my view of history and the world has changed so much that I'm not sure if I'll appreciate LOTGH the same way. It is an excellent character drama though, and has amazing dialogues and character development (even if I don't agree with its political views anymore).

On your list, I love Naruto, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. Those are 9+/10 for me and among my favorite anime. Not a big fan of TTGL, FMA 2 and COde Geass. Did not like those. Have not watched the rest :)
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jan 22, 2021 8:28 PM

Jun 2009
eyerok said:

haha yeah I was head over heels in love with LOTGH. But since then, my view of history and the world has changed so much that I'm not sure if I'll appreciate LOTGH the same way. It is an excellent character drama though, and has amazing dialogues and character development (even if I don't agree with its political views anymore).

On your list, I love Naruto, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo. Those are 9+/10 for me and among my favorite anime. Not a big fan of TTGL, FMA 2 and COde Geass. Did not like those. Have not watched the rest :)

I'm astounded you haven't read Berserk btw....feels like it should be right up your alley

Jan 23, 2021 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Death Note and Code Geass basically made me question life, purpose and morality.

Left quite a philosophical impact one might add.
Jan 27, 2021 8:12 AM

Sep 2008
EmperorNed said:
Death Note and Code Geass basically made me question life, purpose and morality.

For me, Mushishi, Angel's Egg, and Cat Soup had that effect. Later, I think Ping Pong the Animation did that to me.
Death Note is dope.

Chai_ said:
eyerok said:

I'm astounded you haven't read Berserk btw....feels like it should be right up your alley

Manga is just not my thing. I tend to not finish an overwhelming number of manga I've tried reading.
Jan 27, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
eyerok said:
EmperorNed said:

For me, Mushishi, Angel's Egg, and Cat Soup had that effect. Later, I think Ping Pong the Animation did that to me.
Death Note is dope.

Chai_ said:

Manga is just not my thing. I tend to not finish an overwhelming number of manga I've tried reading.

Oh I see, I'm gonna add those other anime you mentioned to my list then, I like stuff that gets me thinking.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Ramadan Mubarak

blazinc - Apr 2, 2022

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 2, 2022 12:14 PM

» Shahzor Urdu Fighting Game *insert appropriate accent*

teenoli - Dec 21, 2011

6 by SushiPie »»
May 17, 2021 7:53 AM

» Ramadan Mubarak![late]

blazinc - Apr 19, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Apr 19, 2021 7:53 AM

» Winter Animes

blazinc - Mar 22, 2021

0 by blazinc »»
Mar 22, 2021 2:21 AM

» Lockdown thread

Ginraku - Apr 17, 2020

4 by eyerok »»
Jan 19, 2021 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.