Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 12, 2007 11:13 PM

Aug 2007
Who is gonna get stabbed next? nah jk jk..
Dec 13, 2007 1:30 AM

Oct 2007
What a wonderful and unexpected episode....

Hoshino-san is on my hate list now.... She really is one messed up person....
Take that Hoshino-fans!!!

Cant wait to see what happens next, I hope for some sort of reunion, but there are only two episodes left... Its an empty hope...
Dec 13, 2007 1:31 AM

Nov 2007
I'm glad Hoshino got stabbed in the head. Her heart is as black as her blood!
Dec 13, 2007 1:58 AM

Oct 2007
bluethree said:

She did not get stabbed in the head, she is alive for gods sake!!!
She hit her head when she fell down, that is why they bandaged if, for her concussion...
Although she said she did not need it!
Dec 13, 2007 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

She hit her head when she fell down, that is why they bandaged if, for her concussion...

Well then I wish she would have been stabbed in the head.
Dec 13, 2007 2:40 AM

Oct 2007
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

I dont agree to that, although i hate her also....
Dec 13, 2007 2:42 AM

Sep 2007
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

Lol why you hate her so much =D You can't hate yuri
/think Strawberry Panic

Dec 13, 2007 2:51 AM

Oct 2007
sHsIkuA said:
bluethree said:
Friendlysoul said:
bluethree said:

Lol why you hate her so much =D You can't hate yuri
/think Strawberry Panic

First off, i have not seen Strawberry Panic yet...
Secondly, its not yuri if nothing happened, she asked and got rejected, so she goes and fucks up her entire life, THAT is why they were forced to run away!!!

She's a bitch... she looked like she was enjoying saying those things to Sana how she planned to mess up thier lives! I was hoping Sana would slap her at least!!!
Dec 13, 2007 2:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Funny how lots of you see the violence as the first option. This anime is for you. xxD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 13, 2007 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Funny how lots of you see the violence as the first option. This anime is for you. xxD

Not really, a slap is enough for her :P
She is just messed up in the head...
Dec 13, 2007 3:13 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
No offense man...but if this is the 'single greatest episode of anime' that you have seen this season...your standards are way too low...

Shallow storyline, forced character development, no character development, cliched plotline that has been done before and done better by other serieses...

11 episodes into the game and we still know nothing about Sana's phobia of bloodied knives. Also know nothing of his wristwatch or as to why his mother frequently calls him. Another so called main character (Aoi) is shafted as a moe~ blob and Asami suddenly went bad girl...

This series had a lot of potential, but ruined itself due to bad storytelling. Just my opinions now:-)

Dude seriously... u r way too lol.U rate an anime like School days with 10 and u tell to that guy thats his standars are way to low??? u have to reconsider some things here -.-

AAAAAAAAAAAAA.Definately the best ep of this anime until now( cant say the whole fall season cause i love koro ni kai and Clannad also even thought it was by FAR the most suprising one) and cant w8 for the next.HOshino lesbian and twins left...Yuri cried fir 1st time...Unbeliavable.. The thing is that it was like a bomb... The moment Sana opens the door the confesion starts from the 3rd min of the ep.I was soooo sure that it was their step mother... Well anyways i didnt watched preview of next ep but i guess it either nanakas or Sana turn to explode :)Any1 noticed the backround music at train?? OMFG it was awesome i think i have listened it before but cant remeber the ep or the moment -.-

What regards the series I just marked it with 10/10 really good storyline and plot kept me each ep in agony or laugh.The only ep that annoyed me a bit was when they indroduced the loli(guess who ;p).I can say that i didnt expected to be this good but definately is a MUST of this season.
CloudyDec 13, 2007 3:17 AM
Dec 13, 2007 3:59 AM

May 2007
...so innocent girls can have a messed up head after all. @_@

Still, I give credit for Hoshino in saving Shuri from the grandma attack.
Dec 13, 2007 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
Wow. Great episode ^.^ Very unsuspecting [mostly]. Kyaa~ Got to wait for more now T_T
Dec 13, 2007 4:56 AM

Nov 2007
wow, just wow LOL. very shocking ep 8D
Dec 13, 2007 5:44 AM

Nov 2007
cyruz said:

Obviously we have to recommend School Days to everyone watching this series once they finish...
Dec 13, 2007 5:48 AM

Jul 2007
lol... ofc not...
U cant compare School Days with Myslef&yourself... School days is total meaningless and has no feelings or something... Its a waste of time imo Especially if u watched m&y 1st
Dec 13, 2007 6:31 AM

Sep 2007
Cloud1234 said:
lol... ofc not...
U cant compare School Days with Myslef&yourself... School days is total meaningless and has no feelings or something... Its a waste of time imo Especially if u watched m&y 1st

QFT. =D
I can't rate SD more than 5.
Although it gain some point in the beginning and also the ending, thats all.

Dec 13, 2007 7:02 AM

Oct 2007
Crisu said:
cyruz said:

Obviously we have to recommend School Days to everyone watching this series once they finish...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I saw school days less than a weak ok...
lovely, LOL
Dec 13, 2007 7:48 AM

Oct 2007
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what an evil person she is sending that letter, so didn't expect it from her!

so sad the twins left...such a good episode, look forward to the next one :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2007 8:13 AM

Oct 2007
Well there was a surprise... I seriously didn't see that coming because I thought the title "Confession" had something to do with Sana. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2007 9:57 AM

Jul 2007
Wow what an unexpected turn of events, I never would have thought Hoshino was the one to blame for the false letter. And I guess the Sana X Hoshino couple was never even a possibility lol
Dec 13, 2007 10:14 AM

Jul 2005
I think this episode was really boring, at least the first part was. I don't like the idea when suddenly the cute and kind is the bad person and blah blah, so made up...

The ending was pretty sad, I really wanted the 5 of them to be together so I hope the twins will come back.

Next episode seems kinda interesting, I hope nothing too bad happens to Nanaka.
Dec 13, 2007 11:17 AM

Aug 2007
Just wondering if anybody noticed in the opening theme where Shuri and Shuu were sitting near the clock and then you see someone with tears. I just noticed that it was Hoshino. Crazy, so if we payed attention to that part of the opening then we could have seen it coming.
Dec 13, 2007 12:36 PM

Aug 2007
Cloud1234 said:
PimpToad said:
No offense man...but if this is the 'single greatest episode of anime' that you have seen this season...your standards are way too low...

Shallow storyline, forced character development, no character development, cliched plotline that has been done before and done better by other serieses...

11 episodes into the game and we still know nothing about Sana's phobia of bloodied knives. Also know nothing of his wristwatch or as to why his mother frequently calls him. Another so called main character (Aoi) is shafted as a moe~ blob and Asami suddenly went bad girl...

This series had a lot of potential, but ruined itself due to bad storytelling. Just my opinions now:-)

Dude seriously... u r way too lol.U rate an anime like School days with 10 and u tell to that guy thats his standars are way to low??? u have to reconsider some things here -.-

An anime like School Days is either a hit or miss, either you like it or you don't. In terms of unexpected events, School Days definitely outclasses Myself;Yourself.

You have a supposed main character with no character development whatsoever become a villain, unexpected but forced. At least the main characters in School Days were properly developed and their actions were from the development of several episodes. This whole "best episode" of Myself;Yourself occurred in one episode with no development whatsoever.

You have a generic romance anime and a radical romance anime concept. Just because you prefer generic romance doesn't mean that School Days is bad...At least Makoto listened to his brain unlike most generic male leads like Sana, well the brain down there anyway xD

I'm not belittling Myself;Yourself, I somewhat agree that this is the best episode so far for the series. My only gripe is that everything felt forced and the bombshell they dropped had no development whatsoever. What makes things worse is that they used a supposed main character who had virtually no character development to act as the villain of the story. Asami's other uses were for making Nanaka jealous...she is getting shafted way worse than Nayuki of Kanon...

Instead of a steady progression in the storyline and character development, we get thrown into an episode where things occur with no basis whatsoever. Sure its entertaining and we certainly didn't expect it, but why did I have to watch 10 episodes if it took them only 1 to basically tell an entire story arc?

Now we have two episodes left and many things are left unexplained. They could have probably explained a lot of things over the course of 11 episodes, but the great writers of Myself;Yourself decided to just throw everything into one episode. Maybe they wanted the audience to go "WOW!!!" over the sudden turn of events...

Hey look it's happening right now...

Dec 13, 2007 1:12 PM

Nov 2007
I don't care =D

Episode was epic. I went "whaaaaaaaaa...aaat" during various parts of the episode. I also found the last scene touching, and at the same time it answered what Shuu said to Sana at the beginning.

I was really entertained during the whole episode, and it seems more will come.
Dec 13, 2007 1:45 PM

Nov 2007
radiantfire said:
Wow!!! How unexpected! Just wow.

That was my reaction too :)
Dec 13, 2007 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
I think they throw darts at a Board O' Plot to decide what's going to happen. It makes things unexpected, but it also makes them pretty meaningless and forced. I doubt when that letter appeared at the school, the writers of the show had even decided who had written it. A lot of stuff in this series feels like that, things pop up suddenly and vanish quickly. A lot of stuff hinted at early on has never developed.

It's way too late to have much hope for this series, but at least it's almost over.
Dec 13, 2007 2:07 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm. The Asami confession part was (too) out of nowhere, felt a little forced. But the ending with Shuu/Sana was very touching. I was curious what Shuu had said when they showed the flashback however long ago it was.
Dec 13, 2007 2:09 PM

Jul 2007
this was an emotional rollercoaster(sorry for the cliche) but damn that episode was a bit more than i can handle. sure, it felt forced but damn, you can't deny those pretty shocking turn of events:

1. the title(confession) made me think hoshino will be ocnfessing her love to sana...but nooo she confessed she did all those evil things against the twins! ZOMGWTFBBQ #1
2. hoshino not only didn't confess to sana, but who she really wanted was SHURI! goodness I thought i heard/read wrong(i was thinking she meant shuu) but the flashback says it all. ZOMGWTFBBQ #2!
3. i was expecting them to run away but not out of town! i was only expectign them to like run away a la hinako and crash at sana's place XD but then that would be crappy.
4. the end part(from sana running towards the station til the end where he was screaming the same exact words to shuu) was the best. it ALMOST made me cry(and so far only a few shows have made me really cry) but shivers were running up and down my spine the whole time. yes it was cliche for some, but the execution was just too much for me XD

those are my random takes on that episode, but yeah, it was cool albeit the forced issues. 2 more episodes and we still dont know much about sana! ugh. hopefully this show ends with a bang...and not a forced one mind you.
Dec 13, 2007 2:38 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
corroded said:
4. the end part(from sana running towards the station til the end where he was screaming the same exact words to shuu) was the best. it ALMOST made me cry(and so far only a few shows have made me really cry) but shivers were running up and down my spine the whole time. yes it was cliche for some, but the execution was just too much for me XD

I agree completely. The ending was a wow for me. The music, an excellent touch. It really got to me how they'd never return to the series (likely) and how Shuu must have felt on the train, and Sana as soon as he realized what was happening. Wow.

The curve ball was a twist, but I think it was well done. One thing I don't think some people got was: Hoshino is not supposed to be a villian! They just gave her an ulterior motive, and Sana looks at her says, "This isn't a fake you! It's the real you!" in a nutshell. And I agree with what some else said - Hoshino's development, I think, wasn't for Hoshino at all. It was for Sana, for Shuri, and for Shuu. She was never more than an exterior character stimulating the other characters (ie: Sana and Nanaka). I believe Hinako was used in the same way - as a stimulus for Sana's character.

As for Aoi, I think they're not developing her because it's nice to have one character in the series that doesn't have a horrible past xD . She really just there for humor and normalcy (her parents are the ones semi-looking out for Sana, right?) I don't think she was ever meant to get development.

This may not be the "best series this season!!" but I really have enjoyed this series, a lot. I definitely wouldn't mind re-watching it again. And I love the OP and ED!
Dec 13, 2007 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
I always hate Hoshino ><"
and i continue to hate her :O
Dec 13, 2007 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
The OP for a lot of anime have spoilers in them if you close enough. They even show the mysterious long-haired arsonist in this OP.
Legion17Dec 14, 2007 12:05 AM

Dec 13, 2007 3:33 PM
Aug 2007
This episode was pretty good. The first half was pretty good with Hoshino saying all the stuff she did. I was like k hold up....the sweet and caring girl does something pretty evil and is a lesbo? I was surprised there. But the ending was the best part of this episode. The situation of Sana and Shuu was reversed and the music with it was pretty sweet. But yea character development hmm. It felt rushed but yea if they could put that all in one episode then why not put Nanaka's or Sana's? Probably cuz they save the best for last hehe ^_^
Dec 13, 2007 4:53 PM

Jun 2007
The first half was so-so... the twist with Hoshino was cool, but it felt slightly awkward with Sana just sitting there. The last bit with the train, Shuu, and Sana, however, was wonderful. The music is what really did, I think. ^-^
Dec 13, 2007 5:34 PM

Dec 2007
So.. once again Tamura Yukari (Shuri's seiyuu) voice made another girl gay, huh? :D

Anyway, glad to see the series from which I didn't expect absolutely anything (except classic boring harem) and I watched only to listen my fav voice actors turned out to be a little interesting.
Dec 13, 2007 9:07 PM

Jun 2007
@everyone that hated this series or ep
I think most of the people that have a negative opinion about this series are basing it on what they saw in School Days, which they should not. It seems like from the start of this series (and almost every other series that came out at the same time), when we find out Sana has a problem with blood on knives, everyone "gets that school days vibe" but this show is supposed to be entirely different. You should not come into a show expecting it's going to be like something you already saw. That messes up the whole series for you and implants a "standard" that you think every series will or should be base off of in your head.

As for the development, if you watch this series without basing it off anything you've already seen before then it makes sense and seems perfect. The whole series is supposed to be development between the main characters that knew each other when they where kids. So why would they spend 3 or 4 eps developing a non main character like Hoshino Asami? That would be a wast of time for all of us not to mention make us lose interest in the main story that we originally want to find out. In-staid they focused all their efforts on developing Nanaka, Shuri, Syusuke and building up for Sana's time bomb of a past. So overall this series has done exactly like it was planning to do from the start. So why would you expect otherwise and why would you want them to get side tracked by developing other characters? It just makes no sense to me why people think that way. Every time I see a post with "omg School Days vibes" It makes me want to just bash my head into a table over and over again.
Dec 13, 2007 10:39 PM

Jul 2007
Heh, I never liked Asami, but it was because she was such a dull character. Now I don't like her for a different reason. Never mind that the whole Shuri thing came out of nowhere.
Dec 14, 2007 12:50 AM

Nov 2004
Too bad the pacing of this show was bad, otherwise I would call this half decent. Two episodes to clean up Nanaka and Sana's 'pasts' isn't enough. I don't think Hinako was needed in the show to take up air time. We'll get something rushed again. But the whole yuri bit was surprising. I thought she was maybe jealous of Shuri for having Syuu's attention. Who would have thought it was more like the other way around.

And the twin's left... I'm only sad they aren't around to help Sana if he begins to act up because of his past (or they won't ever know what their friend has been through during his time away).
Dec 14, 2007 3:15 AM

Dec 2007
I love this episode!!!
Dec 14, 2007 4:32 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
Cloud1234 said:
PimpToad said:

An anime like School Days is either a hit or miss, either you like it or you don't. In terms of unexpected events, School Days definitely outclasses Myself;Yourself.

You have a supposed main character with no character development whatsoever become a villain, unexpected but forced. At least the main characters in School Days were properly developed and their actions were from the development of several episodes. This whole "best episode" of Myself;Yourself occurred in one episode with no development whatsoever.

You have a generic romance anime and a radical romance anime concept. Just because you prefer generic romance doesn't mean that School Days is bad...At least Makoto listened to his brain unlike most generic male leads like Sana, well the brain down there anyway xD

I'm not belittling Myself;Yourself, I somewhat agree that this is the best episode so far for the series. My only gripe is that everything felt forced and the bombshell they dropped had no development whatsoever. What makes things worse is that they used a supposed main character who had virtually no character development to act as the villain of the story. Asami's other uses were for making Nanaka jealous...she is getting shafted way worse than Nayuki of Kanon...

Instead of a steady progression in the storyline and character development, we get thrown into an episode where things occur with no basis whatsoever. Sure its entertaining and we certainly didn't expect it, but why did I have to watch 10 episodes if it took them only 1 to basically tell an entire story arc?

Now we have two episodes left and many things are left unexplained. They could have probably explained a lot of things over the course of 11 episodes, but the great writers of Myself;Yourself decided to just throw everything into one episode. Maybe they wanted the audience to go "WOW!!!" over the sudden turn of events...

Hey look it's happening right now...

I dont think they introduce Hoshino as the main villain of the series... I dont think ppl hated her after they saw her rather felt sorry for her...What regards no character development i agree theres not much BUT the same goes for school days.But since this isnt a School days post i wont talk about the 1000000 girls that makoto f^^ed which was very beliavable and characteristic developed(Hironic).From the 1 ep we understand that even though Sana is the Main character so goes for the rest.What i mean is that they actually have the twins + Sana + Nanaka.We get glimpses from the past and i believe every1 found theyr behaviour natural and feels quite good with the characters.Dont forget that M&Y is only 13 eps so that means that they cant do much for that.The way they present the story is imo the best cause they keep us in agony until the very end.Also every1 could imagine what would happen on School days from the beggining but no1 actually knows whats going on on M&Y.I mean ppl really cant w8 for ep 12 and 13 to learn about Sana and Nanakas past.Which means that we will get a better grasp of their characters through their past and we will understand things better.U really surprised me cause u think M&Y as i think for School days since they reason i didnt liked was Makoto was like Brand Pit(even Better) and he moved his finger and suddenly all vergines near him dissapeared(guess how).Also sorry if i was a little rude in my last post didnt meant it in a bad way :D
Dec 14, 2007 5:27 AM
Jun 2007
What a dramatic episode :O
It's starting look like School Days...
Dec 14, 2007 12:45 PM

Aug 2007
Cloud1234 said:

I dont think they introduce Hoshino as the main villain of the series... I dont think ppl hated her after they saw her rather felt sorry for her...What regards no character development i agree theres not much BUT the same goes for school days.But since this isnt a School days post i wont talk about the 1000000 girls that makoto f^^ed which was very beliavable and characteristic developed(Hironic).From the 1 ep we understand that even though Sana is the Main character so goes for the rest.What i mean is that they actually have the twins + Sana + Nanaka.We get glimpses from the past and i believe every1 found theyr behaviour natural and feels quite good with the characters.Dont forget that M&Y is only 13 eps so that means that they cant do much for that.The way they present the story is imo the best cause they keep us in agony until the very end.Also every1 could imagine what would happen on School days from the beggining but no1 actually knows whats going on on M&Y.I mean ppl really cant w8 for ep 12 and 13 to learn about Sana and Nanakas past.Which means that we will get a better grasp of their characters through their past and we will understand things better.U really surprised me cause u think M&Y as i think for School days since they reason i didnt liked was Makoto was like Brand Pit(even Better) and he moved his finger and suddenly all vergines near him dissapeared(guess how).Also sorry if i was a little rude in my last post didnt meant it in a bad way :D

Heh I get heated as well...=P

The whole they can't explain everything in 13 episodes is bullshit now. ef a tale of memories is doing one hell of a job developing the series from start to finish. If one visual novel adaptation can do it right, why can't myself;yourself? Hell ef only has 12 episodes to work with and it already completely overshadows m;y. What makes things even better was that the first episode of ef gave the impression of a generic romance anime, but the characters were fleshed out from top to bottom. M;Y gave the same impression, but kept the generic romance theme and just winged it.

ef a tale of memories - anime adaptation of the unreleased ef a fairy tale of the two, presumably to help raise the popularity of the game. It started out as a marketing tool for the VN and became one of the best melodrama's in anime history. The only thing they have to worry about is ending it right.

myself;yourself - anime adaptation of the unreleased myself;yourself, presumably to help raise the popularity of the game. It started out as a marketing tool and remained a marketing tool. The show has its own merits if you are into generic romance, but lack of any real development makes this show sub-par. The numerous plot holes left to be solved and only 2 episodes left, expect more "best episodes" due to the producers cramming everything they can into those 2 episodes. Sad they forgot about the other 10...

@DeathfireD
Every romance anime nowadays with even a hint of any violence will get compared to School Days. My opinions about m;y aren't based on what I saw on School Days, it is based on what I watched over the course of 11 weeks.

Lets see...they shafted Aoi and Asami but devoted 3-4 episodes to Hanako? Now I don't know about you, but Aoi is definitely a main character while Hanako is only a side one but she gets her own 3-4 episode arc?

We are introduced to Asami as a potential love interest for Sana...but that didn't go anywhere now did it? Asami was just cast aside once she served the purpose of turning Nanaka into a tsundere character. Well at least she got to star in the twins' arc as the antagonist...then we magically have Sana tell what's wrong with her!

Now we have Sana, the supposed main character who still remains a mystery even after 11 episodes have passed. You expect viewers to relate/feel empathy for him when we virtually know nothing about the guy? What happened to him? Why is he scared of bloody knives? Why doesn't he take off his wristwatch? Why does his mother call him everyday? These questions could and should have been answered already. Now tell me, has Sana been developed at all when we know nothing about the circumstances that shaped his character?

If people who watch myself;yourself find it very enjoyable, good for you. Just be aware that this concept has been done before and done better by other animes.

Maybe m;y can still redeem itself over the next 2 episodes, we'll see:-)
Dec 14, 2007 1:26 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

@everyone that hated this series or ep
I think most of the people that have a negative opinion about this series are basing it on what they saw in School Days, which they should not. It seems like from the start of this series (and almost every other series that came out at the same time), when we find out Sana has a problem with blood on knives, everyone "gets that school days vibe" but this show is supposed to be entirely different. You should not come into a show expecting it's going to be like something you already saw. That messes up the whole series for you and implants a "standard" that you think every series will or should be base off of in your head.

I've only watched one episode of School Days, so that's not it. The problem with Sana and blood is that... we don't know why. We got those hints, and the hints that there's some history with him and his family, but we didn't get any exposition on that. If the writers are going to put things like that in, it's right for the viewers to expect something out of it. We didn't get it, and we're not likely to.

I was basically rooting for characters to start stabbing each other because the show often really dull stuff. It almost feels like it's caught between romantic comedy (like harem shows) and more serious drama like, for instance, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. In that show, it started out doing sort of dull high school stuff, then BAM a plot twist that carries us to the end. Myself; Yourself doesn't have anything like that. The plot is too thin for a plot twist to move the story along much. It's like having a character in a harem show end up in the hospital in one episode, then they're fine next week and the event is forgotten.
Dec 14, 2007 4:34 PM
Nov 2007
Lol, I seriously find this funny. I can't believe an anime like Myself;Yourself can generate a conversation like this.

Firstly, I disagree with what DeathfireD said about having expectations. Fact is, people will have expectations. To simply say "don't have any expectations" is nonsense. It's a natural human process utilised to create standards in which to make judgments.

Secondly, this episode revealed a plot twist. Well, I would consider it as one. Think about it, you get a few dull episodes then "bam" you get this unexpected "twist. :)
Dec 14, 2007 7:41 PM

Jul 2007
I havent watched ef so i cant compare allthough i heard is good.Also it seems u stucked at the character development part... Ok i agree on what u said about Sana.So what? This doesnt make the anime less enjoyable... Like Makoto was really developed in each ep fuc^^g a new girl or should i say a FEW girls.Or honestly on Melancholy of haruhi... Great character develpment.Hi im a timr-traveler cant say more-hi im an esper cant say more-hi im an alien cant say more.LOOL Iv seen till ep 11 and i cant imagine a single reason why ppl like so much that alien girl (dont remeber name) and overall haruhi.My point is that since u rated these 2 animes 10 u cant say M&Y is a typical comercial anime cause it isnt.I rated 10 and i believe it worths itIt had its funny moments emotional moments and ofc agony and curiosoty.These elemets were nowhere to be found in both haruhi and School Days so... If M&Y is comercial and typical then these 2 are way below it
Dec 14, 2007 9:24 PM
Nov 2007
i think i actually cried at the last scene
god im such a sucker for these kind of animes.
fuckingshit.
Dec 14, 2007 9:42 PM
Nov 2007
I can't believe that there are users who can even rate this anime higher than a 7. Seriously.
radiantfireDec 14, 2007 9:54 PM
Dec 15, 2007 1:48 AM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Cloud1234 said:

I dont think they introduce Hoshino as the main villain of the series... I dont think ppl hated her after they saw her rather felt sorry for her...What regards no character ...made it shorter

@DeathfireD
Every romance anime nowadays with even a hint of any violence will get compared to School Days. My opinions about m;y aren't based on what I saw on School Days, it is based on what I watched over the course of 11 weeks.

Lets see...they shafted Aoi and Asami but devoted 3-4 episodes to Hanako? Now I don't know about you, but Aoi is definitely a main character while Hanako is only a side one but she gets her own 3-4 episode arc?

We are introduced to Asami as a potential love interest for Sana...but that didn't go anywhere now did it? Asami was just cast aside once she served the purpose of turning Nanaka into a tsundere character. Well at least she got to star in the twins' arc as the antagonist...then we magically have Sana tell what's wrong with her!

Now we have Sana, the supposed main character who still remains a mystery even after 11 episodes have passed. You expect viewers to relate/feel empathy for him when we virtually know nothing about the guy? What happened to him? Why is he scared of bloody knives? Why doesn't he take off his wristwatch? Why does his mother call him everyday? These questions could and should have been answered already. Now tell me, has Sana been developed at all when we know nothing about the circumstances that shaped his character?

If people who watch myself;yourself find it very enjoyable, good for you. Just be aware that this concept has been done before and done better by other animes.

Maybe m;y can still redeem itself over the next 2 episodes, we'll see:-)

I'd just like to point out that I'm not saying this shows is the best, however I do like it's progression up to this point. I'm only stating that people are comparing it to School Days as if the two shows where supposed to be the same. This is happening to every friggen show that came out after School Days ended and it's getting annoying as hell. Even Minami-ke and Kimi-Kiss have been subject to this.

Second, Aoi may have been one of the originals but shes clearly only there for comedy relief. You're right though, if she was considered a main character she should have had more character development. But up to this point I consider her a side character only used in happy episodes or parts that the creators want us to feel no drama or conflict in. Not to mention that nothing has changed in her life other then her eyes. So their would be no point in wasting any more eps trying to progress the character any more then they already have.

Third, I agree with the Hanako thing. It could have been shorter but in a way she was used to help progress Syusuke Wakatsuki character development. With out her or anyone having a crush on him, we would have never found out that he only thinks about being with his sister. Almost every ep that Hanako was featured in had some info about Syusuke that we didn't know about before. We also got to understand his feelings and see how he was when he wasn't around his sister. Not to mention that we all got to see a different side of Sana too. Since hes the main character we always need to see him do something productive.

Forth, Asami was put in to make the twin story more interesting as well. Imagen if she wasn't in it for a sec. There probably would have been no conflict at all and the story would have been bland. Even if they had the step mom write the letter to the school, don't you think the twins running away would have just been boring? I thought it was all nicely planned out to make us all think the step mom did it and then toss us this curve ball. As much as I don't like comparing anime with other shows I have to say that part made me think of Death Note and how random shit would just pop up and make you think.

Last If you don't understand why they haven't built up Sana's character then stop and think about it for a sec. In the ep where he freaks out about the blood on the knife for the first time, if they did somehow explain why he freaks out would you still want to watch the show? I'd probably watch up to the part where Nanaka's past is talked about and then ditch the show simply because there would be no suspense build up. Right now the creators are holding off his past for that simple reason, they want all us fans to contemplate on whats going to happen. Come up with all our theory's and then, right when we think we know whats going to happen, guess what? Another curve ball thats gonna answer everything and make us all say WTF or second season and make us all mad.

@Censored_Vagina - I agree about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, that story was nicely done but still cant really be compared to this show. That show was your simple everyday "boy likes school girl friend, girl hooks boy up with best friend, boy goes out with best friend to make girl happy, conflicts happen, boy ends up with girl". Myself; Yourself is based around past events. Almost everything that has been happening has been influenced based on those past events that where finding out about. There's really no love love conflict. It's purely just Sana coming back to his home town after being gone for years and finding out how everyone's lives changed wile he was gone. In all honestly I hope they kill the old lady but other then that....theres really no one else to kill.

@radiantfire - Thats true, but why would you go into a new show and specifically expect it to be based on the same premises of a past show you saw that seems the same? I certainly don't intentionally go into a new show and assume it should be like something I saw last month. That would defeat the whole purpose of watching anything new. In honesty though, I too thought of School Days when I saw the knife scene simple because School Days just barly finished airing. But after that the thought of School Days totally left my head since Myself; Yourself has been totally different up to this point.

I hope my comments back to you guys are understandable. It's been hard for me to make my points clear latlee.
Dec 15, 2007 5:18 PM

Aug 2007
Too lazy to quote so here we go =P

If you think Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu is below M;Y, what world are you living in? Yes I meant that as a flame, I can't believe someone would actually utter such sinful words. Nagato Yuki is just awesome, either rewatch Haruhi again or go read the novels.
I enjoyed School Days primarily because of its radical concept. I've watched many a romance anime, but I have never seen such an ending. What makes it great was that the ending was justified, you can't help but feel sorry for Kotonoha.

A valid point on how producers want us to theorize about future events, the problem is that good producers would drop us some hints as to what is happening. We the viewers aren't left in the dark when shit hits the fan. It may be unexpected, but the smart viewer should be able to anticipate future events based on the development of previous episodes. A great example of this is Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. The unexpected events that occurred can actually be deduced from the previous events of past episodes. The unexpected event was justified due to it having proper development.
M;Y on the other hand just throws us curveballs that appear out of nowhere. The events are based on nothing, making it impossible to predict. Now the entertainment value of such a thing is high, but it makes the show feel shallow. I want to be entertained, but I also want to delve into the story. Without any development, I'm just being entertained by shallow plot devices.

KGNE isn't your everyday "boy likes school girl friend" blah blah blah type of show. Did you even watch the show at all? The anime itself is based on the events that occurred after Haruka's accident. How can you say that its not based on past events?
There is a "love love" conflict in M;Y although its shallowly developed, Asami being used to make Nanaka jealous ring any bells?

People can't help comparing previous shows to new ones. If a previous show left an impression on you, the new show should be able to live up to the standards you set based on the previous show. I try not to do this, but some shows just set the bar so high that few shows can ever reach it.

To each his own I guess o-O
Dec 15, 2007 7:29 PM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:

People can't help comparing previous shows to new ones. If a previous show left an impression on you, the new show should be able to live up to the standards you set based on the previous show. I try not to do this, but some shows just set the bar so high that few shows can ever reach it.

To each his own I guess o-O

Ok sure i agree. Anyways i love myself as many ppl do(not saying is the best anime ever or anything like that) and no matter what u say it just doesnt sound logical... HOW CAN U LIKA THAT NAGATO ALIEN WHEN SHES TALKED FOR 5 MINS IN 12 episodes??im so bored to even watch the last haruhi ep... Seriously u just give fail excuses about shows u like and then "bury" the others u dont.I told u why i think myself is awesome and i justified my opinion.I like the show anyways and u cant change my mind(especially when u call it "swallow" and u rated haruhi and school days with 10).So comparing M&Y to haruhi and school days i liked it much much more and so i rate it high.Thats all
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deli53 - Nov 21, 2007

93 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.