Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2009 3:51 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was somewhat disappointed by this ending
It is completely obvious that there is going to be another season
And if not it sucks
I liked the towa no hana as the ending theme tho :)

Nov 30, 2009 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
Ok ending, nothing great kinda like the series. I enjoyed it but i found it to be somewhat sappy and predictable. Overall a 5/10
Jun 5, 2010 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
that ending was a bit of a letdown, well hope s2 is better
pleasant anime overall
Jun 5, 2010 1:15 PM

Dec 2007
Save yourself the time and don't even watch Enishi.

It's worse.

If you want a romantic end between Kaoru and Aoi then read the last vol or two of the manga (though certain chappies are NSFW).
Jul 16, 2010 11:22 AM

Mar 2009
Predictable ending but nice.
Feb 27, 2012 12:16 AM

Dec 2011
I really enjoyed this anime.
And Aio kissing Kaoru when she was a kid, so cute!
The ending was not great but I liked.
Jan 8, 2014 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
Disappointing ending to be honest.
May 29, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was "alright". The anime was so awful and hard to put up with. I should of dropped it but I was too curious on how this was going to end. 2/10
Jun 2, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending I must say and well I wonder what the second season will offer us but from this season alone we did get some quite lovely romance development and slight harem buildup so all in all a pretty decent anime!
Feb 13, 2016 12:13 AM

May 2010
Enjoyable slice of life if you ask me.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 27, 2018 7:31 AM

Mar 2016
The first 4 (or so) episodes of this were phenomenal. If they were a standalone romance OVA, they'd be a strong 8/10. There were good episodes sprinkled here and there, however this only happened when there was stability in the story. But of course, this stability was always distracted from with the introduction of new girls (who of course have to become maids each fucking time). I didn't mind Tina and Tae, there were some comfy episodes with them in the house, or the photo club stuff, but every time you think things are stable, here comes Mayu and then Chika, and every time someone new is introduced, you get one episode transitioning them into the series. When it's just about Aoi and Kaoru, the series does very well, but obviously the focus isn't entirely on them. I think the concept of them hiding their love from the other housemates could have been done better.

However, direction, art/design, and animation were very good.
Jan 21, 2020 3:59 PM

Oct 2019
This...this wasn't that bad actually. Hell, I actually liked it! Nothing out of the ordinary, but I am surprised to have been drawn in by this so much. Might this be the dark horse of the harem genre? 8/10. Currently first.
Feb 3, 2020 5:46 PM

Nov 2016
Finale was satisfying, but not outstanding.

Pretty good start and strong moments throughout the series, especially more towards the end. However, it pains me to say that when the story wasn't focussing on the cute relationship between Kaoru and Aoi, then it was painfully mediocre most of the time. Ok that might be a bit harsh since it was actually fine due to the nice production(I liked the tone in particular), but it was still not really engaging, even tho I think the individual cast members were ok on their own.

5,5/10 if not for the highs, it wouldn't have been worth watching.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2020 4:36 AM
Jul 2009
I like the part where Aoi pushes Kaoru's face into her boobs. That made me laugh. All-in-all a fun series 7/10 Gonna go watch Enishi now!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Sep 30, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2015
If this show never had the harem aspect it would be the perfect romance story for me personally. It's still one of my favourites and Aoi and Kaoru are my favourite couple but damn did Maya and Tina bug the ever loving hell out of me. Had Tina been just the drunk, loud, obnoxious friend (without the throwing herself at Kaoru over and over again) and Maya was never a character at all this would probably be my favourite anime of all time honestly... 5/10
HlebkaOct 3, 2021 9:38 AM
Apr 19, 2022 4:46 AM

May 2018
It's a fine romance show, although I don't like the harem vibes of the show. Really love Aoi on this show, a one great loveable character.

Apr 22, 2022 6:34 PM
Jul 2020
Meddigo said:
Save yourself the time and don't even watch Enishi.

It's worse.

If you want a romantic end between Kaoru and Aoi then read the last vol or two of the manga (though certain chappies are NSFW).
so not a harem end then
Feb 14, 2023 5:51 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What a perfect day to finish such a good romance, on the most romantic day of the year. Where do I start man, this was so good. Even though I didn’t watch any anime in 2000s I always get such a nostalgic feel from these shows, could be because I watched some from this era when I first got into anime around 2013-2015, but I also think there’s something inherently nostalgic about classic anime like this, I really felt it here. From the beautiful backgrounds and ost, and the unforgettable characters, this show has it all. You’d think the harem aspect would take away from the main romance but imo it enhanced it because each character was so great, I absolutely loved Tina and Taeko as well as Miyabi who proved to be an MVP by the end, and I can’t forget the cute pair that is Mayu and Chika. And of course last but not least was Aoi, I really loved her budding romance throughout the whole show with Kaoru, and Kaoru was one of the best harem/romcom MCs I’ve ever seen, he’s such a lad.

Of course there was also Kaoru’s friends who were great for the comedy bits and one of my favorite anime pets ever, Uzume, just a fantastic cast all around. I saw some folks in other discussion posts sleeping on the “filler” episodes and I’m here to say those people don’t get it, the episodes where it was just a fun time with the characters with nothing significant plot wise happening were some of the best ones imo, they really had the SoL vibe nailed there. The plot heavy episodes were great too of course, the final showdown between Aoi’s dad and Kaoru was very tense and seemed like her dad wouldn’t bend in the slightest but in the end he was a good dad and mainly wanted Aoi’s happiness over everything else, I also like how it incorporated the other girls even though they weren’t physically there. And the final bit between Aoi and Kaoru was perfect, just the two enjoying the Sakura trees together and having a sweet and funny moment together.

And I can’t not mention the OP and the several EDs, the main OP and ED both being fantastic with very nice visuals and songs, and the unique EDs were great too, I especially loved Tina’s unique ED. And with that I can safely say I fucking loved this show and I can’t wait to hit the next season, I’m sad it’s shorter but it’s more of these characters so I’m happy.
Mar 4, 8:01 PM

Jun 2008
Not the best anime ever but certainly a good show, better than expected. As mentioned in another comment, Ai Yori Aoshi really evokes a nostalgic feeling, not only because of the art and general production from the time it was released but the characters had a behaviour and mindset that cannot be found in current anime. Even the clothes the characters wear re-enforce this effect haha.

I liked the ending. The father was a good guy after all.

7.5/10, I'll prolly watch the sequel at some point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 19 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 4, 2009

7 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 31, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 18 Discussion

16 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 17 Discussion

9 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 29, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 16 Discussion

13 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 28, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 15 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 3, 2009

12 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 27, 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.