Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2009 12:26 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing episode!
Tina and Kaoru's little love relationship just like Taeko and Kaoru
I approve of Tina and Kaoru
Tina seems like a really deep person
With a lot of sadness :(
Tina's song at the end was so amazing though :D
*I'll be home I'll be home It's a long long way from here!*

Jun 13, 2009 4:06 AM

May 2008
Poor Tina, racially American but culturally Japanese she can never fit into either society. She believes it's her race that keeps Karu from wanting her as she's unaware of his relationship with Aoi. She's going to need to avoid these kinds of situations if she wants to keep her sanity.
Jun 22, 2009 3:11 AM

Feb 2009
aw tina is so cute. i was waiting for an episode with her :D

if i had it my way it would be tina x kaoru and not aoi x kaoru :>
Jul 7, 2010 3:31 AM

Mar 2009
Tina so cute... I Love it.
Aug 8, 2010 10:59 AM

Mar 2010
Tina was so cute, I reaaaally liked this ep.. I hope there'll be more eps like this..
May 18, 2013 7:36 AM
Apr 2013
Like I said for the last episode with Taeko, I wish that Kaoru could be with all the girls, that way they wouldn't have to feel heartbreak :/

poor Tina..
May 23, 2013 8:02 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kaoru is a nice guy, responsible, and he knows who he loves. Tina and Taeko both love Kaoru but they know he loves Aoi-chan because of the way he spends time with her. What I like about Kaoru is that he's respectful toward the girls, he's never had those perverted thoughts and touched any of them in any way. Aside from that the episode was great, it was nice to see Tina is a wedding dress, and the bed scene was just kawaii as Kaoru just stares at her chest and blushes. Also what a coincidence that it rains so hard and all the other hotels are closed except for one where they both spend the night in a romantic room. ^^

Jan 6, 2014 9:04 PM

Mar 2013
Tina would also be a better girl for Kaoru.
Jun 2, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2012
Pretty funny episode, Tina's true feelings sure were cute but well let's see what's next!
Jun 26, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2013
dat weird outro.
Apr 4, 2016 5:10 PM

Dec 2013
Not really liking Tina. I just do not feel her. The episode was okay though.
Jun 18, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
i just love tina's personality, she is not shy and she acts naturally . I would really ship for them both, if there wouldnt be Aoi.
Jun 23, 2016 4:06 AM

Feb 2014
Damn, Kaoru's leading on one girl after another. But at least he tried to clear things up towards the end (even though she wasn't listening). Now the only one left to get her own episode with him is the 2nd best girl Miyabi.

These last few episodes have been pretty boring since I couldn't care less about either Tina or Taeko.

Also, that was a weird "ride". What kind of a zoo lets loose wild animals onto its visitors and has Indiana Jones style traps?
Mar 19, 2019 1:57 AM

Sep 2012
I don't like how close Kaoru gets with these girls. It just feels like borderline cheating. He's getting way too close with them while reacting a lot despite already being in a relationship.
Apr 18, 2022 11:37 PM

May 2018
That was a bit sad for Tina.

Feb 7, 2023 6:56 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
After the Taeko focused episode we got a Tina focused one and it absolutely slapped as well, this just made me like Tina more than I already did, and it also gave a bit more context to her relationship with Kaoru.

It’s just a shame tho because these girls are falling for Kaoru but he’s already committed to Aoi in a relationship that can’t go public, still love this to death tho. Also I loved how the ED was unique for Tina and even the ost was, I also like how it incorporated what sounded like a banjo and harmonica because she’s an American character.
Mar 30, 4:44 PM
Mar 2024
Tina was not wrong to want to get close to Kaoru and allow him to stare at her. Not knowing that Kaoru is taken, she is simply reacting to how Kaoru made her feel because he treats her like what she wants. It was unfortunate both that Kaoru had reserved himself for Aoi and that he does not share Tina's spontaneity because they would have ended up making out passionately, which would have been such an ideal romantic setup! Tina's sensitive and caring sides shone wonderfully in this episode both with her being a very good friend to everyone, except Mayu due to their rivalry for Kaoru or with them simply not getting along, and that she would not want to hurt Kaoru for him deciding for them to be friends. She made a move given the intimate situation they found themselves in and in a fashion similar to Taeko was saved by Kaoru's caution and faithfulness to Aoi; it would have otherwise turned into a humongous regret. This was like a test for Aoi, Tina, and Kaoru, but they all survived and luckily did not hurt each other in the end. 10/10 I liked that Kaoru gave Tina a trip to the 動物園, zoo, because Tina loved animals so much; he gave Tina such a nice date barring some awkwardness choosing Tina's door and dream! If Tina had not left for a year when she did, she would have definitely challenged Aoi for Kaoru.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 19 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 4, 2009

7 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 31, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 17 Discussion

9 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 29, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 16 Discussion

13 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 28, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 15 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 3, 2009

12 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 27, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 14 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 3, 2009

9 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 26, 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.