Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2014 1:03 PM

May 2013
Although there wasn't any action this episode, I gotta say that was a really good episode. Now Gon's gotta wait an hour for Pitou to heal her. What happened to Killua at the end, he just went up and left?
Feb 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
Oh my god. That was amazing.. awesome.. literally breathtaking xD

renders said:
I find it brilliant how Pitou who had that malevolent aura...how Togashi made you feel sorry for her and be afraid of the main guy who you're rooting for

This!!

I feel so sorry for Killua, I almost cried when he left in the end ;_;
This show is just getting better and better.. I can't wait for the next ep
"If we can go to the moon, then why are umbrellas still umbrellas?"

„Das ist wie mit diesen Lichtern am Himmel... von hier unten sehen sie alle gleich aus, aber das macht den einzelnen Stern kein bisschen weniger schön.“
Feb 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
Guilek said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.

why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-

In the mangas he remenber.

It takes some time for him to remember, it's not like he was keeping that memory dearly, and if he did, that wouldn't be enough reason. His behavior towards Kite was the same as Killue when they were togheter. And that doesn't justify sacrificing a girl(Komugi).
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 11, 2014 1:05 PM
Sep 2013
This episode was bloody intense. I literally didnt move and was holding my breath.
Killua being sad, just broke my heart. Did he feel unwanted and just walk away? :(
Also when Gon was firing up the ball, there were strings of red aura around him ? Was it aura because doesnt that imply sort of malice and danger since that kind has only been seen around the royal guards or am I just over analyzing it and they weren't actually aura.
Feb 11, 2014 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
@pkKodama AS I SAID Mahouse changes slightly the history.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 11, 2014 1:11 PM
Apr 2013
Well Gon sees Kaito as someone very close to Ging who is someone Gon admires (Even if Ging is kind of an ass). This is why he is so pissed at Pitou for taking someone like that away from him. To me it makes perfect sense as is and why he's pissed off at Killua cause Killua isn't able to feel something like that even though he spent a lot of time with Kaito too.

Obviously the manga is better, but the anime is fine too.
Feb 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.
Feb 11, 2014 1:17 PM

Oct 2013
Just read the section in the manga when Gon meets Kite in the CA arc, can definitely confirm that Gon remembers Kite right away.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 11, 2014 1:19 PM

Nov 2013
Guilek said:

Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
This episode just flew by. That was intense. I would've never thought it was possible for Pitou to be so humble. Gon's rage was scary! If Pitou renigs on their deal and attacks after he/she is done healing Komugi, I don't think he/she will be able to successfully defeat Gon in his present state of mind.

To bad I didn't write this. I would've killed Pitou and caused Komugi's death. Then, the King would be so distraught over losing his love that he would commit seppuku. Thus ending the battle and the Hunters would emerge victorious. *closing credits roll*

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM
Oct 2011
The first episode of the 1999 version did a great job in introducing Kite that he remained in my memory from the moment I saw the series 12-13 years ago until this version started. But the first chapter of the manga did show that Kite is the reason Gon went on his adventure, and they spent a good time together owning the ants before Kite dying.

Anyway a great episode. Madhouse went all out on this one. From the moment Pitou's nen ability blinked to the anti-climatic ED, this was a really well-done episode.
Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?
Feb 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2013
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.
Feb 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
I had a discussion with someone about why Hunter x Hunter is different from the other shonen. THIS episode is why.

All of the build up, all the foreshadowing; Satotz, Wing, Zepile, Kurapika, Nobunaga, Chrollo, Biscuit, Genthru, and everyone else Gon had met up to that point, All of the build up accumulating scene after scene. Gon constantly changing from the kid who was innocent while discovering how messed up the world around him is.

Gon always hated the idea of cold-blooded killers actually feeling emotions for certain loved ones. His anger toward Nobunaga, him sparing Genthru and his buddies. He's not concerned that they are soulless killers, but he's mad that they think they are entitled to protect people while they themselves kill others.

Killua's protective nature toward Gon would totally piss off Gon, if Killua were still an assassin.
When Killua almost lost it being held by Nobunaga, it was Gon who knocked some sense into him telling him it's he who should stop Gon from doing anything rash. And now he is. Despite Gon telling him off (I loved how the camera pans out, putting distance between them when Gon told Killua to zip it). Gon was angry and Pitou's submissive attitude totally caught him off guard. He kept trying to lash out hoping Pitou would throw something at him so he can keep going, to no avail. Gon came in filled with rage but Pitou rendered him defenseless, ironically so, since he's the one not using any aura. This subtle character development is what makes this story divisive.

The direction of this episode was outstanding. Every scene, every shot and facial expression. The MUSIC. So many new tracks were used, and fittingly so. I especially loved the first half's score. Great job for Tomoko Mori's team. She should be hired more often.
Megumi Han deserves an award for her talent. It really brought the emotion to life. Her screams really touched me.

This is what I felt a few months back watching To'hajillee and Ozymandias. Now an ANIME, made me feel that way.

One thing I don't understand, or not sure if it's supposed to mean something: after Killua left, what's that piece of cloth blown in the air? Is it significant or does it just imply that Killua left?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Vanser said:
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?

I think it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2yL8LuWdQ
Feb 11, 2014 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
judals said:
I had a discussion with someone about why Hunter x Hunter is different from the other shonen. THIS episode is why.

All of the build up, all the foreshadowing; Satotz, Wing, Zepile, Kurapika, Nobunaga, Chrollo, Biscuit, Genthru, and everyone else Gon had met up to that point, Gon constantly changing from the kid who was innocent while discovering how messed up the world around him is.

Gon always hated the idea of cold-blooded killers actually feeling emotions for certain loved ones. His anger toward Nobunaga, him sparing Genthru and his buddies. He's not concerned that they are soulless killers, but he's mad that they think they are entitled to protect people while they themselves kill others.

Killua's protective nature toward Gon would totally piss off Gon, if Killua were still an assassin.
When Killua almost lost it being held by Nobunaga, it was Gon who knocked some sense into him telling him it's he who should stop Gon from doing anything rash. And now he is. Despite Gon telling him off (I loved how the camera pans out, putting distance between them when Gon told Killua to zip it). Gon was angry and Pitou's submissive attitude totally caught him off guard. He kept trying to lash out hoping Pitou would throw something at him so he can keep going, to no avail. Gon came in filled with rage but Pitou rendered him defenseless, ironically so, since he's the one not using any aura. This subtle character development is what makes this story divisive.

The direction of this episode was outstanding. Every scene, every shot and facial expression. The MUSIC. So many new tracks were used, and fittingly so. I especially loved the first half's score. Great job for Tomoko Mori's team. She should be hired more often.
Megumi Han deserves an award for her talent. It really brought the emotion to life. Her screams really touched me.

This is what I felt a few months back watching To'hajillee and Ozymandias. Now an ANIME, made me feel that way.

One thing I don't understand, or not sure if it's supposed to mean something: after Killua left, what's that piece of cloth blown in the air? Is it significant or does it just imply that Killua left?

@judals, truth.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2008
Pariston_Hill said:
Vanser said:

I think it's this

Thank you so much. :)
Feb 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Gon's more than just a little pissed off... =O
Feb 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2012
Fucking awesome episode, so tense, them emotions, gon fucking crazy, killua takes a mental punch.
Holy fuck.

Almost as good as an actual fight.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.

Killing Pitou means killing Komugi at this point.
― Saint Augustine
Feb 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
Vanser said:
Pariston_Hill said:
Vanser said:

I think it's this

Thank you so much. :)

Pretty awesome when you don't have to wait for new OST.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 1:32 PM
Feb 11, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
Meleoron: Words like "I promise" are the ones used most by liars.

Gon: But that'll make things easier, I'll just kill you.

I'm going crazy over this.
Feb 11, 2014 1:37 PM
Jan 2014
episode got me feeling bad for pitou, Gon looks like a tank now. next week should be just as good
Feb 11, 2014 1:38 PM
Nov 2012
Another amazing episode. Poor Killua...
Feb 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2013
3 and a half minute recap, what is this? SNK?

Good episode regardless.
Feb 11, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
RagingMan said:

Good episode regardless.

you mean One Piece? xD jk.
Feb 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2013
AzureFlame24 said:
RagingMan said:

Good episode regardless.

you mean One Piece? xD jk.

That too, felt it was unnecesary to mention both.
Feb 11, 2014 1:42 PM
Feb 2014
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.

why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-

I think there's also another factor which help explain gon's extreme behaviour: guilt.
He is also angry at himself because, in his opinion, what happened to Kite is his fault, Kite lost an arm at the start because of him (and killua). They were no help at all, to the contrary.
Feb 11, 2014 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
As for the 3-minute recap. I think they wanted to end the episode at that part specifically, since Gon's scene felt over for now, next week would move to the other characters.

And I don't really mind as long as the actual content is like this.

kaikyaku said:
I think there's also another factor which help explain gon's extreme behaviour: guilt.
He is also angry at himself because, in his opinion, what happened to Kite is his fault, Kite lost an arm at the start because of him (and killua). They were no help at all, to the contrary.

OR time doesn't determine friendship. If you don't think that's how real life works, then they at least established this sort of magic earlier this arc.
GrunbeldFeb 11, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2007
Gon is the type of character that is one or two emotionally scarring events away from becoming an over-powered insane arch-villain.
Feb 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
What an AMAZING episode just wouah !!!!

Feb 11, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2012
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Yeah that the part that makes Gon out of character. He is selfish and has fucked up morals that was already established but he doesn't let his selfish actions hurt others indirectly.

I said it doesn't makes sense because I don't think Kite is a good/believable enough of a reason for the direction Gon's character development took. Nothing in the series explains why Gon think that highly of Kite, enough for him to be this crazy and obsessed about it. Gon's change is drastic and usually that sort of change happens for a reason bigger than Gon's right now, I just don't find it believable due to that.
Feb 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Yeah that the part that makes Gon out of character. He is selfish and has fucked up morals that was already established but he doesn't let his selfish actions hurt others indirectly.

I said it doesn't makes sense because I don't think Kite is a good/believable enough of a reason for the direction Gon's character development took. Nothing in the series explains why Gon think that highly of Kite, enough for him to be this crazy and obsessed about it. Gon's change is drastic and usually that sort of change happens for a reason bigger than Gon's right now, I just don't find it believable due to that.

Didnt Kite save Gon's life early on in the series?
Feb 11, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
TheTsunami said:
Gon is the type of character that is one or two emotionally scarring events away from becoming an over-powered insane arch-villain.

Imagine Meruem suddenly being the MC and Gon is the villain.
Feb 11, 2014 2:08 PM
Apr 2010
How is the song that plays at 10:15(Neferpitou asks Gon to wait and he rages like dam.)called?
Feb 11, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2013
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin. He and Killua could have been killed.
MCALFeb 11, 2014 2:20 PM
Feb 11, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
Seriously, at this pace there'll be no space for the last arc >.>
Feb 11, 2014 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
My favorite part of this arc is still in the next episode... demmit...
Feb 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Dec 2012
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Yeah but Gon doesn't seem to remember that or express that it was an important part/event in his life. I don't think the fact that he saved his life makes him that important. He is showing a rage that is more befitting for someone that lost a very significant thing in his life, that made me him do a 180 turn.
Feb 11, 2014 2:18 PM
Nov 2011
BEST EPISODE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!
Feb 11, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2013
That episode was really intense, loved it though 10.5/10. Still, I did actually feel a bit sorry for Pitou for a moment. Gon's rage gave me the chills :3
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."
Feb 11, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2014
MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin.

He almost got Zebro killed when he tried to climb the Zoldyck walls, he risked killua's life and all of them when he challenged Bomber to a fight, declaring his name, while Killua was still injured.
Feb 11, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2012
I love pitou..

Feb 11, 2014 2:24 PM
Apr 2013
judals said:
MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

I got another one. What about when Pitou first attacked. Gon was about to go ballistic on him had Killua not stopped him.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin.

He almost got Zebro killed when he tried to climb the Zoldyck walls, he risked killua's life and all of them when he challenged Bomber to a fight, declaring his name, while Killua was still injured.
I got another one. What about when Pitou first attacked. Gon was about to go ballistic on him had Killua not stopped him.
Feb 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
judals said:
MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Can we end all of this with the conclusion that Gon is simply stupid? ^_^
Feb 11, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
MCAL, I think you messed up the quote, it doesn't say anything.

Mad Wizard, far from it.
Feb 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
Sorry for that. ^_^

I still think Gon is stupid though...

being a MC of shounen series and all that. (¬‿¬)
Feb 11, 2014 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
MCAL said:

]And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin. He and Killua could have been killed.

Good enough reason for his current state of mind? I would expect this kind of turn if Killua/Kurapika/Lerio/maybe even Biscuit if we stretch it, were harmed/killed. But someone who he met briefly that is connected to his father? I'm not saying that Gon shouldn't care a lot but the level of obsession and drastic change is not really justified if the reason was only Kite.

He knew Nobunaga wouldn't kill them because they were a bargaining chip and a way to get to the chain user, he basically knew, maybe even instinctively that the were important enough not be killed.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.