Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2009 7:29 PM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's kind of nice to see a series end with the girl getting the girl.

Do you think that Honey and Natsuki are "together" or is it just left to the imagination?
Oct 12, 2009 2:15 PM

Nov 2008
Really a pretty good ending but it was a bit of a let down because it wasn't as funny as the first episode. Also I thought the moment when the background story of Jill-sama and Cutey Honey was a little bit too rush.
Though even if the story wasn't that spectacular it was kinda touching and and I felt a little bit melacholic while watching this episode.
And the scene with nuclear bomb was really epic.

8/10 for me.
Aug 1, 2010 10:01 PM

May 2010
I enjoyed this one way too much :)

Although this show was light hearted, I noticed that the end had some similarities in a philosophical level to evangelion. Is this director really still obsessing over loneliness and identity vs love and togetherness? Lol, I guess everyone's got their own little tics, and this was so amazingly fun/ecchi that I can forgive it for a few similarities to other works. Yay!
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 24, 2011 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
It was surprisingly enjoyable O:
I had fun watching this...!
Though something that bugs me to no end is:
How this series got away without at least ''shoujo-ai'' listed in it's genres....
Jun 16, 2011 2:03 PM

Sep 2009
It's going to be a while until I enjoy another ecchi series as much as I did Re: Cutie Honey. Although the latter 2 episodes didn't have the same kind of energetic vibe as the first episode did, I still enjoyed them greatly. Overall, 8/10
Aug 16, 2011 6:02 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty killer ending to the series, it never did quite regain the magical perfection the first episode had but it was well worth the watching. :) Jill-sama was a sad figure, and I was surprised to find out the butler was their father/creator. Cutey found out her origin in this episode as well, which played pretty well I thought. It didn't drag as much as the 2nd episode did, and yeah, Na-chan definitely wound up with Cutey in more than one way ;) What I wouldn't do to be a fly on that wall ...

9/10
Nov 1, 2011 6:58 PM

Jun 2010
Kind of disappointing to end the series with something so formulaic and with so much hackneyed, leaden drama.
Jan 22, 2014 11:30 AM
Sep 2013
Heh this episode was better than the 2nd but was still far to reach the highs of the first..

Still overall it was pretty enjoyable so I'll give this series an 8/10.
Jan 24, 2014 8:11 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was dissapointing, the first episode was so awesome. Did it really have to try and bacome something serious when it's not? I felt like i was watching a different anime after the first episode.
May 9, 2014 9:18 PM

Apr 2012
Could definitely tell that Anno directed this last episode. It was alright, but I wish the series had kept the same tone as the first episode.
Mar 16, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
Anno may complain about Evangelion all he wants, but he just can't seem to let go.
This episode felt like it was 75% Eva.
Kinda wish the series stayed energetic and colorful till the end, but it was still a lot of fun to watch.
Dec 4, 2017 4:27 AM

May 2012
Quite the final episode, really impressive if you ask me! Really enjoyed it, even if it was rather different than the original series, I still really enjoyed it!

All in all a great ova series!
Feb 8, 2018 9:26 PM
Jul 2018
This was better episode compare to previous episode! Yup I admit episode 1 was something different level compare to other episodes but overall the show had very good lighthearted fanservice and pleasant experience. Also loved the music as well.

removed-userFeb 10, 2018 4:11 PM
Mar 7, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
Such a fun climax! Great way to start off the day, especially finding out after watching it that the next Cutie Honey is in a month!

First episode was the most energetic, but I think this episode was just as fun, probably even more enjoyable, when Na-chan and Seiji went to rescue Honey!
Apr 7, 2018 12:08 PM

Nov 2016
This was one hell of a final episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 17, 2018 4:37 AM
Apr 2018
The first episode was really good but the rest is just meta wannabe crap, trying to be serious when it shouldn't be. Honey is never meant to be an Evangelion type of meta anime, and when they try to make it into something it is not it fell flat on its face. Though, I gotta admit the opening animation is the best of all Honey anime, but the best opening song is Shin Cutey Honey's.
Jan 2, 2019 8:29 AM

Dec 2015
60s style, flashy 2000s GAINAX animation for the exciting action, nods to Nagai in three OAVs that each successfully offer their own recipe.

Score: 8/10

Now, despite everything I heard about it, I MUST watch Anno's movie !
Jan 3, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2017
Really good OVA. Episode 1 and 3 in particular very good, but 2nd episode wasn't quite up to snuff. Still good ova overall and would watch it again.
Mar 10, 2019 12:10 AM

Aug 2015
The End of Cutie Honeygelion
As another poster said, this felt like 75% Evangelion by the end, with Honey in the bathtub, the psychological themes, the NERV computer interface.

What I liked
-strongly implied yuri relationship of Aki and Honey
-Aki is a pretty good character, I liked her. She had faults as seen in ep2 but also grew from that experience.
-Animation is pretty good, though since I've already seen Kill la Kill first it doesn't leave as much of an impression, but I imagine this was an important influence in developing Kill la Kill
-Oba-san
-Scarlet Claw's anti-Cutie Honey song, Scarlet Claw was pretty good in general for meta humor
-ep2 seemed to implicate social prejudices against 'women with bad personalities' as the cause of trouble, rather than the people who actually violate the rights of others

What I didn't like
-Aki kinda seemed to be a more important character than Honey during these three episodes.
-The nanomachine stuff, the re-versioned Sister Jill
- It just didn't really feel like the '70s or '90s Cutie Honey to me. By the end it felt more like Evangelion and maybe even Devilman/Devil Lady than Cutie Honey.
May 25, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2019
This was amazing, might be my favorite Cutie Honey adaptation. The soundtrack, the OP/ED, animations, VAing, character development, it's so, so, so good.

Was super worried about both Nat-chan and Honey because I recalled reading that Cutie Honey usually doesn't end in happy endings, so happy to see them both getting out alive.

The scene when Aki, Hayami (and indirectly Granny) try to save Honey is low key my favorite scene in the Re.

Jan 4, 2020 7:39 PM

Mar 2016
The script was no where near as clever as the visuals, plot wise it was just bland, and in the end it didn't really feel like a Cutie Honey anime. Like why is Honey crying in the shower? lol They played around with it a lot, which is fine and to be expected, but I didn't get good-natured-fun vibes from this for whatever reason. And Anno of course ran out of ideas in the end, falling back on iconic imagery and ideas. The second episode dragged but the last one was just terribly boring and uninspired.

To be honest, what they turned Natsuko into should be a crime. Having her be in that role wasn't a bad idea, but that design...no fucking way. Didn't like Honey's voice either to be honest. Done complaining. Panther Claw has always been an odd mixture of grotesque and sexy, yet they made Sister Jill the sexiest she's ever been. Probably.
Oct 19, 2021 6:24 PM

Aug 2016
a bit better than the original one, but that´s not saying much. Anno a hack, as usual.
:v
Dec 25, 2022 9:43 PM

Apr 2016
What an incredible send off man.

Apparently Anno directed this episode, though I think the contents episode speaks for itself on that. I saw a lot of NGE here, both thematically and visually, and I am here for it.

Sister Jill's motivation is really interesting. I got the impression she was the "older woman wanting the beauty the pretty young protagonist lady" kind of villain but instead of being jealous of Honey's beauty she's jealous of her experience to feel emotion. I really loved the way it was resolved too. God I love this iteration of Honey. And Natsuko really stole the show here, and I mean that in a good way- though speaking of which you cannot convince me there is any straight explanation for how she and Honey were acting towards each other this episode.
Feb 26, 2023 11:03 PM
Feb 2021
Goated anime, really reminds you how unique anime can be sometimes
Aug 12, 2023 7:21 AM
Oct 2022
Why did I decided to watch this first instead of the original series. Now without Aki Natsuko in the OVA, it just feels off :C

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re: Cutie Honey Episode 1 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Oct 9, 2009

18 by Kuruna_Dagurasu »»
Sep 11, 2023 4:34 AM

» Has Anyone Seen The Movie?

Mizilla - Oct 2, 2010

2 by ChinskiaBajka »»
May 5, 2023 8:21 AM

Poll: » Re: Cutie Honey Episode 2 Discussion

HooHiraiBunny - Oct 10, 2009

12 by QueenNothing »»
Dec 25, 2022 9:21 AM

» It just bugs me....

PenDraco - Oct 16, 2011

2 by removed-user »»
Apr 23, 2019 2:40 PM

» Soo, did Funimation actually license this?

Devdan - Mar 8, 2010

1 by Keirik »»
Apr 3, 2010 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.