Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 11, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
Just finished watching this anime.

Great start, was really interesting had you wondering wether mei was a ghost or not, if the class can really see her, etc etc

But the ending where you find out who the extra student made me say to myself "Oh..it's that person?..Okay?" Then again, I probably did miss the signs that pointed to said person, so my fault.

Was a let down for me.
But most endings for anything don't satisfy me to be honest.

What did you think of it MAL?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 11, 2014 7:09 AM

Oct 2011
First of all, this should be posted in the anime's subforums

OT: It has a great start, but I was disappointed with the outcome of events.
Feb 11, 2014 7:12 AM
Jul 2013
It is currently what I believe to be the best horror show anime has to offer until I see the Higurashi series to make another judgment call.
Feb 11, 2014 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
BlueKite said:

Probably going to be moved there.

Yes the start was promising but it failed to deliver after that. Unfortunately the deaths were so ridiculous that I never knew whether the show was even taking itself seriously. Which is KIND OF a problem with a mystery/horror show...

Also the reveal sucked ass (I didn't even realize that was the same person for the entire show and alot of people apparently had the same problem)
Feb 11, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2011
The "twists" were awful and the deaths were funny.
Also, it could be executed better.
Feb 11, 2014 7:33 AM

Aug 2012
In my opinion, people should say what they think about the anime in the reviews

Also Mirai Nikki > Another
Feb 11, 2014 7:35 AM
May 2012
Yes it is the best horror anime. it was highly entertaining, and was a complete story with a good ending. one of my top favorites.
Feb 11, 2014 8:19 AM

Aug 2013
It's a good anime and I enjoyed it, but I found some of the plot twists to be stupid and I really disliked the final episodes. I think I gave it a very generous 7 out of 10, though.

lupadim said:
In my opinion, people should say what they think about the anime in the reviews

Also Mirai Nikki > Another

In my humble opinion, Mirai Nikki didn't become kinda interesting until after like 19 episodes, and even then it wasn't that good...
Feb 11, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2014
Gave it a 7.. The last few episodes weren't as good as the earlier ones but still kept me interested..still don't know who killed Kouichi's aunt besides rumors and speculation
Feb 11, 2014 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
My biggest complaint with Another was that most of the characters who died just came off as cheap shock value. I felt like I had no reason to care for any of them except for a couple of them who didn't suffer from having a lack of defining traits.

I still thought it was a decent show though, but it certainly isn't one of the most memorable ones for me.
Feb 11, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2011
Sung-Hwan said:
It is currently what I believe to be the best horror show anime has to offer until I see the Higurashi series to make another judgment call.

Another is a horror?
Feb 11, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Another was just gore/murder fan service, not a horror show. The characters suuuuuucked, the show itself wasn't even that creepy, and the murders were so predictable that you can basically call the majority of the deaths before they even happened.

The only thing the series did right were the brutal murders. Everything else failed, including what lead up to the brutal murders, which made the murders themselves less satisfying.

Mirai Nikki was better than Another by far because at the very least the characters were interesting, and they had a Yuno.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 11, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2010
Another had a great atmoshpere and setting, but in the end it turned out to be too silly and ridiculous for me to remember it as a decent show. It sucked :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 11, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
Another was a great anime.
It wasn't an horror, it was a psychological splatter anime.
And yes, it was quite creepy, the soundtrack was very good and the artwork was great.
The characters were unoriginal but well defined, Mei Misaki was great, bu Kouichi was really empty, I didn't like him. But in the manga he's way worse, so I should not complain too much.

The only thing I didn't like was the reaction to the deaths, not a blink of an eye, cold and neutral.
Feb 11, 2014 10:00 AM
Jul 2013
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Another is a horror?
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Another is a horror?

Was going to explode on you for that comment, but I opened your list to see you gave Another the score it deserved. So I don't get where you're trying to come at, because it seems you liked it.
Feb 11, 2014 10:05 AM

Feb 2013
Celestia-L20XX said:
Just finished watching this anime.

Great start, was really interesting had you wondering wether mei was a ghost or not, if the class can really see her, etc etc

But the ending where you find out who the extra student made me say to myself "Oh..it's that person?..Okay?" Then again, I probably did miss the signs that pointed to said person, so my fault.
Anime in general are really good at catching the viewer/customer attention with decent/good synopsis, but they also have real problems about the mid/ending parts which are in most cases, and at best, just bad when not stupidly rushed. Another is a really great example of the said mechanism: starts good, interesting mystery, nice visuals, great atmosphere annnnnnnnnnnnd total failure ending.
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Feb 11, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2012
Another was really creepy in the beginning, which was good. It started to deteriorate in the middle, and it fell flat in the end. Felt like I was watching Final Destination lol.

Kinda like Chaos Head until they added D-swords.......

Feb 11, 2014 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the ending. The extra student completely threw me off. A good combination of suspense and mystery with the end being a bit more action oriented.
Feb 11, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2013
Zeally said:
Another was really creepy in the beginning, which was good. It started to deteriorate in the middle, and it fell flat in the end. Felt like I was watching Final Destination lol.

Yeah that's a good way to describe it. I really liked Another in the beginning, with the eerie atmosphere and the slow pace, but it fell apart near the end and became a senseless gore-fest. Boo, and it was so promising.
Feb 11, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
Sung-Hwan said:
yhunata said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Another is a horror?
Was going to explode on you for that comment, but I opened your list to see you gave Another the score it deserved. So I don't get where you're trying to come at, because it seems you liked it.

I still don't see how it was a horror (disregard the comment I made for it in the "tags" section, I was really sleepy when I made it and have been too lazy to change it). Shinsekai Yori brings more of a fear factor with it's worst than Another could with it's best. My rating to it was mainly due to Misaki and not the horribly done murders. It's average at best.
Feb 11, 2014 10:18 AM
Dec 2013
I thought it was great, I gave it a 9.
Feb 11, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2010
to me another was way more mystery and thriller than it was horror. the deaths were the parts of the show tho. the ending was fine but not the best possible.
Feb 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
I thought Another was a good mystery anime. Same as you, it kept me guesssing as to who the extra person was. 8/10

However, as a horror it's not that good. Aside from the occasional bloody death and those weird-ass dolls, it didn't have many horror elements
Feb 11, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2013
The chick who slips and breaks her neck in that awkward pose is the funniest death in Another. The show is fairly bad though it was an easy watch and moderately fun ride so I can't bag on it too much. I'd almost classify it as a guilty pleasure of sorts.
Feb 11, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Only episode 11 or 10 (?) was good.
The one where they were on the field trip and staying at the hotel or something...I can't remember.
And if it's a show I can barely remember then most likely it was crap.
Feb 11, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
Cupquake said:
I thought Another was a good mystery anime. Same as you, it kept me guesssing as to who the extra person was. 8/10

However, as a horror it's not that good. Aside from the occasional bloody death and those weird-ass dolls, it didn't have many horror elements

^ This.

Another could be a 10/10 for me but I felt the ending killed the mystery aspect of the show. Never would have guessed that my favorite character of the series was the extra person.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
BlueKite said:

OT: It has a great start, but I was disappointed with the outcome of events.

Sorry, I thought it would be okay here.
Feb 11, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2011
The first few episodes had great atmosphere, but it went downhill fast when the ridiculous final destination stuff started happening. It just turned the show into a comedy for me.

I'm pretty sure I gave it a bad score.
Feb 11, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to "Another" board.
This posts feels awkward.
Feb 11, 2014 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
Benphyre said:

^ This.

Another could be a 10/10 for me but I felt the ending killed the mystery aspect of the show. Never would have guessed that my favorite character of the series was the extra person.
You mean the one that you hardly saw?

And you'd honestly give it a 10/10 if just the ending was better?

I really don't understand how some people managed to take it seriously for anything but fan service. The show was just a glorified slaughterfest that was pretty boring to watch unless someone was dying.

Aversa said:

This posts feels awkward.
cwutudidthar
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2013
Korrvo said:
You mean the one that you hardly saw?

And you'd honestly give it a 10/10 if just the ending was better?

I really don't understand how some people managed to take it seriously for anything but fan service. The show was just a glorified slaughterfest that was pretty boring to watch unless someone was dying.

Didn't at least one person die per episode? The suspense of whoever was that extra person kept me watching. The last episode was just a slaughter fest and is not to my liking.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 11, 2014 12:59 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
Do not create topic for blog purposes. This post could have easily went into the episode 12 discussion.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.