Forum Settings
Forums

Fantasy Light Novel 'Seiken Tsukai no World Break' Gets Anime Adaptation

New
Feb 10, 2014 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
The wraparound jacket band for the upcoming 6th volume of fantasy light novel Seiken Tsukai no World Break will reveal that a TV anime adaptation has been green-lit.

Synopsis
Written by Akamitsu Awamura, the series takes place in a private high school involving the concept of "saviors." They are known as people who possess awakened memories of their past lives. The story tells of a young boy named Moroha Haimura who comes to this private school. At the school, there are two types of people: Saviors, who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies, and Kuroma, who wipe out enemies with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. Moroha Haimura is the first person with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma. (Source: ANN, edited)

Source: ANN, 0takomu, Scan via Akiba Blog

News submitted by Stark700

Seiken Tsukai no World Break on MAL
NaruleachApr 27, 2014 11:09 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2014 10:52 PM

Nov 2011
First time I heard about the LN before. The premise sounds a bit cliched but I'll give it a try!
Feb 10, 2014 10:53 PM

Sep 2012
I will keep an eye on this.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Feb 10, 2014 10:55 PM
Mar 2012
Admittedly I though it was a different series for a second. Premise looks interesting, I'll be looking forward to it.
Feb 10, 2014 11:21 PM
May 2013
alexpte said:
Admittedly I though it was a different series for a second. Premise looks interesting, I'll be looking forward to it.

That one already had an anime announced I thought. Anyways, seems like this could be good. The past memories and distinction between magic/weapons could be interesting .
Feb 10, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2013
So the MC can fight with both weapons and magic...meaning he's OP. Still the idea of past lives can make things complicated, sounds interesting.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 10, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2012
It has romance so I'm in.

Feb 10, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2011
Hahalollawl said:
alexpte said:

That one already had an anime announced I thought. Anyways, seems like this could be good. The past memories and distinction between magic/weapons could be interesting .

I thought the same thing, and was wondering why something that had already been announced was being announed again.

Anyway, series on my long list getting adapted = will watch.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 11, 2014 12:14 AM

Oct 2013
Seems interesting enough. Anything with romance means I'll watch it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 11, 2014 12:25 AM
Mar 2010
I dunno. It looks like a usual harem fantasy series. Doesn't look like anything sets it apart.
I'll give it a pass.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 11, 2014 12:36 AM

Jul 2013
I'll give it a shot. Sounds interesting enough for me.
Feb 11, 2014 12:38 AM

Nov 2012
ooh, interesting :)
Feb 11, 2014 12:57 AM

Aug 2013
I'm going to jump down the gun and say that despite the seemingly interesting premise, if the series chooses to go down the road of insipid harem, run-of-the-mill romcom, or some other crass hijinks with little to no effect to overall storytelling process; e.g. Doesn't try to differentiate itself from hundred of mediocre LNs out there execution-wise, then it's actually not really worth looking forward to
Feb 11, 2014 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
Amiluhur said:
I'm going to jump down the gun and say that despite the seemingly interesting premise, if the series chooses to go down the road of insipid harem, run-of-the-mill romcom, or some other crass hijinks with little to no effect to overall storytelling process; e.g. Doesn't try to differentiate itself from hundred of mediocre LNs out there execution-wise, then it's actually not really worth looking forward to

I will bet on this as well.
Just stop with the fucking harem/romcom fantasy highschool Ln adaptions, Japan.
It's even worse than the imouto shit.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 11, 2014 1:05 AM
Jun 2011
seems intresting just hope it wont go to harem route
Feb 11, 2014 1:41 AM

May 2013
I thought it was (more announcement for) Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance at first ._.
but seems im all wrong..

i'll still give this one a shot though.. interesting or not.. I will judge it by my own eyes..
Feb 11, 2014 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
Noo!
Why not DanMachi GA ??? Whyyy ?
Feb 11, 2014 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Amiluhur said:

And the chances that it's going to follow that route are probably more than 90% unfortunately. So yes, not looking forward to it either.
Feb 11, 2014 3:00 AM

May 2012
Fantasy and action anime with hot girl wearing mini skirt !! This is a must watch for me.
Feb 11, 2014 3:27 AM

Dec 2012
I really dislike the character design and the premise seems unappealing to me but it has romance in it's genres so..
Feb 11, 2014 3:30 AM

Aug 2008
Sounds like every fantasy LN written ever, and it will be probably be turned into crappy anime by J. C. Staff or other failure of a studio, with same VA you hear in every series like this but hey, maybe this time I'm wrong.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 11, 2014 3:41 AM
Apr 2013
Sounds basic but I will probably watch it
Feb 11, 2014 3:44 AM

Apr 2007
oh hey, looks like yet another shitty light novel adaptation
Feb 11, 2014 4:58 AM

Aug 2012
Seems good enough. I'll at least give it a try.
.................................................................................
Feb 11, 2014 5:45 AM

Nov 2010
Looks like something I might like.
Feb 11, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2008
romance, magic, action, a bit cliché but will keep an eye out.
Feb 11, 2014 6:02 AM
Oct 2013
Looks horrible.
Feb 11, 2014 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
I think this series is closer to love triangle than harem (might be wrong on that - it's only on my long list like I said before so I haven't looked into it in all that much detail), but for those who are sadly incapable of enjoying anything with a whiff of harem to it, this is probably a series best avoided, yes.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 11, 2014 6:19 AM

Jun 2011
Sounds rather generic, I wonder which studio will be doing it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 11, 2014 6:39 AM
Mar 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
I think this series is closer to love triangle than harem (might be wrong on that - it's only on my long list like I said before so I haven't looked into it in all that much detail), but for those who are sadly incapable of enjoying anything with a whiff of harem to it, this is probably a series best avoided, yes.

Thank you. This saved me a lot of time. ^^
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 11, 2014 6:42 AM

Aug 2011
To be honest, the only thing I like about this so far is it's kinda interesting premise and the main character who has a design that I like, but after looking at a lot of it's covers, I'm fairly sure this series will tend to the harem/romcom side. Not that it's a bad thing. A harem could be good. But idk I'd rather be skeptical about a genre that I'm not entirely fond of. I'm not going to try getting my hopes up, we'll see when it comes out.
Feb 11, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2012
This is my kind of anime.
Feb 11, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
But for those who are sadly incapable of enjoying anything with a whiff of harem to it, this is probably a series best avoided, yes.

The problem is less about the harem itself, and more the way it's developed. Far too many light novel authors and their anime adaptations just conveniently put in childhood friend/ lil' sister/whatever girl in the MC's lap, play it for some comedy, bring up some default trope-based moe, or cheap heartwarming moment, and call it a day. Unwilling to take itself any step further.

Which, after a point, becomes a complete and utter bore, trite, and even an insult. Only the specific otaku audience who are into wish-fullfilment fantasy can enjoy this glut of one bland portrayal after another.
Feb 11, 2014 7:47 AM
Feb 2012
Amiluhur said:

How very true this is.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 11, 2014 7:54 AM

Jun 2012
So-so theme, I guess. May watch it, maybe..

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Feb 11, 2014 7:56 AM

Jun 2011
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
But for those who are sadly incapable of enjoying anything with a whiff of harem to it, this is probably a series best avoided, yes.

The problem is less about the harem itself, and more the way it's developed. Far too many light novel authors and their anime adaptations just conveniently put in childhood friend/ lil' sister/whatever girl in the MC's lap, play it for some comedy, bring up some default trope-based moe, or cheap heartwarming moment, and call it a day. Unwilling to take itself any step further.

Which, after a point, becomes a complete and utter bore, trite, and even an insult. Only the specific otaku audience who are into wish-fullfilment fantasy can enjoy this glut of one bland portrayal after another.

Ditto.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 11, 2014 7:59 AM
Feb 2012
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I'm slowly but surely falling for you.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 11, 2014 8:14 AM

Aug 2011
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Yeah this is essentially my problem with the genre right now.
Feb 11, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2010
Amiluhur said:

Couldn't agree more.
Feb 11, 2014 8:42 AM
Mar 2010
Laciie said:
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

As much as I don't want to say this, wow, this is my problem too. Ditto. When I started watching anime I watched a few harem series which I found really funny. It's not exactly a harem but if you want my idea of a really great LN rom-com then I'd say it's OreGairu. It was a breath of fresh air for me.
Feb 11, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:
Laciie said:
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

As much as I don't want to say this, wow, this is my problem too. Ditto. When I started watching anime I watched a few harem series which I found really funny. It's not exactly a harem but if you want my idea of a really great LN rom-com then I'd say it's OreGairu. It was a breath of fresh air for me.

OreGairu was unexpectedly A+ I honestly did not expect to love it as much as Id id. Right now all these harem romcoms just feel like they're regurgitating and there's nothing really new, per se. At least the stuff I've been watching recently. Sometimes they're really bad and sometimes they're okay at best but I haven't seen a very well constructed harem anime in a while. Idk I haven't watched every anime ever so I can't really say but this is just out of what I've watched so far.
Feb 11, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
^ That's kind of the problem, current romcoms and harems are so tropy that really only otaku without any regard for qualiyt and novelty or absolute beginners with no exposition towards these tired tropes can enjoy it.
At least all the popular older romcoms liek Yawara! and co. doesn't seem that tropy to me, but that may be because we forgot about all the bad/generic ones from years ago already. In any case, lack of variety makes these subgenres unwatchable after a while.

But what to do from there on? Well, broaden your horizon and watch other genres or the classics... or just always watch the same tropes over and over again (poorly disguised as robots/aliens/cthulhu/whatever) because wiafus, voice actors or whatever you find that could make it redeeming. But honestly: That is just deceiving yourself at this point...

Mod Edit: quote tower fixed.
ThangLongFeb 12, 2014 6:39 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 11, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
no strong feelings either way ide have to see more of it, it could be fun with that premise but we dont know if it follows forced harem antics or not that could ruin it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
Amiluhur said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Avoid them then?

It's really not that hard. I actually can't think of something easier and wiser to do regarding those LN adaptions.
Feb 11, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
Im gonna keep an eye on this. It would be preferable if the art was at least the same as in the LN. But I'm gonna say nevertheless I'll at least watch a few eps b4 deciding weather to continue it or not
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Feb 11, 2014 10:06 AM
Mar 2010
tsudecimo said:

Avoid them then?

It's really not that hard. I actually can't think of something easier and wiser to do regarding those LN adaptions.

I usually give most of them an episode or two and then decide whether I'll continue or not.
Feb 11, 2014 11:38 AM
May 2013
Well I'm interested.
Feb 11, 2014 12:29 PM

Mar 2013
I'm totally in for this
Feb 11, 2014 12:36 PM

Nov 2013
As long as its not annoying to me, I'll take it with a smile.
Feb 11, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
This anime looks like its going to be very interesting :D:P going to watch this one ^.^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
47 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.