Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2009 10:20 AM
Jun 2008
For all we know, next chapter could be the last chapter ever, even if there's tons of stuff for Morinaga to draw and write about.

*remembers bitterly the ending of Strawberry Shake Sweet*
Dec 2, 2009 1:18 PM
Mar 2009
Girl Friends last chapter.... forever... nooooooo!!!!!!

How could this have happened?
Dec 2, 2009 3:36 PM
Jun 2008
TarewPnx said:
Girl Friends last chapter.... forever... nooooooo!!!!!!

How could this have happened?

We don't know yet! I've been hearing that the next chapter is the final one for the fourth volume. But seeing as how short-lived most yuri is, it could just very well mean that this is the end.

Plus, this is Morinaga's first serialisation for a single franchise. She's used to one-shots and short-lived mini-series. Girl Friends, critically speaking, is not at a point where it should end. Commercially though, it's reached its old age, as far as the market for yuri goes.

I'd love that Japan proves me wrong, but they hardly ever do.

I guess we just have to wait until the next chapter at see if there's a message at the bottom saying, "Next chapter on _ 2010!"
Dec 3, 2009 12:38 PM
Mar 2009
I was being subtly sarcastic. I have a hard time recognizing sarcasm and speaking it myself. But yeah, a new chapter of troll friends was one of those things you just expected to be there every month: Is the sky still blue? Is the half life of carbon 14 still 5.730 years? Is Mari and Akko's love still unrequited/confused/misunderstood?? When the series ends everything needs to get back to homeostasis. Then again, I am really curious how it will end; it can go anywhere....

1) Pressure could break them up
2) It can be misunderstood... again
3) They can have sex, seeing there was already a nipple interaction with an arm.
I never tried that one before...
4) They can live happily ever after... what? ... in a Yuri??
5) Their parents can break them up... what? ... parents? in an anime?
6) They go back to being friends because they liked it better.

lol, I have to go to work now =D
deletemeplzzDec 3, 2009 12:44 PM
Dec 3, 2009 12:51 PM
Jun 2008
TarewPnx said:
I was being subtly sarcastic.

TwT My friends will tell you that sarcasm is quite lost on me.

TarewPnx said:

Hahaha, that can't possibly happen at this poi--wait.

TarewPnx said:

I wouldn't put this past Morinaga.

TarewPnx said:
3) They can have sex, seeing there was already a nipple interaction with an arm.

I must be insane, because I almost don't want this to happen. I'm quite sure them having sex will signal the end of the series.

You forgot crotch interaction with a knee and thigh.

TarewPnx said:

I refuse! If my Nana and Hitomi never got to graduate and move into an apartment together, these two don't deserve it!

TarewPnx said:

Mari has a very normal family. Dad, mom, little brother. I don't think they'll ever find out. I bet if any parent comes to learn about it, I am willing to bet anything that it will be Akko's mom who will learn of it.

And seeing as how she is, she might:

1. Not care.
2. Get pissy and finally take an interest in Akko.
3. Condemn it and give Akko the boot.

But still, seeing as how she doesn't seem to remember that Akko even lives with her, how will she take it? That kind of parental abandonment... it's why Akko doesn't think of social repercussions. Akko's done whatever she wanted in life. If she has no parent putting boundaries on her, it's easy to understand how it's so easy for her to say, "Let's date!" other than that just being her forward personality.

Mari on the other hand comes from a traditional family, and while they appear to be loving, at least the times they appear, they might not take it well that their daughter is dating another girl.

EDIT:

Oh yes! Morinaga probably forgot about this plot point, but maybe before Akko and Mari have sex, Mari will be all depressed since she still thinks that Akko lost her virginity, and to a guy, no less.

ANGST ENSUES.

Ha, Morinaga, for a second there, I thought you wrote a story without plot complication traps planted everywhere!
Dec 4, 2009 6:08 AM

Feb 2009
and don't forget, Akko still thinks the same thing about Mari ^_^;
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."
(Rokujou Ruri, Azure Dream, manga)

-"Shinobu, even if this body should turn to ash, I will never leave you."
(Naitou Momoko, shoujo-sect, manga)
Dec 27, 2009 4:07 PM
Mar 2009
SO I read Girl Friends chapter 28 and I guess when I mentioned the six possible scenarios:
TarewPnx said:

I never tried that one before...
6) They go back to being friends because they liked it better.

I left out a couple:
7) Nothing.
8) A total focus on a side character.

I thought it was funny though when Sugi just came out with it. I love when other people totally notice you before you tell them. BTW is Milk insinuating that Tami may have a crush on Sugi?

and:
tehnominator said:

Oh yes! Morinaga probably forgot about this plot point, but maybe before Akko and Mari have sex, Mari will be all depressed since she still thinks that Akko lost her virginity, and to a guy, no less.

That is a good point. I do have my personal views on this but I have a feeling that this may be brought up again if the story portrays their relationship going that far.

BTW this was my first time quoting so yay =) I did it right.
Dec 27, 2009 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
I am sort of annoyed by the whole Sugi's first crush being a perverted teacher angle. Maybe I am over sensitive cause of all the other feminist literature that paints men as perverts & rapists, but I thought it gratuitous -- not that I was otherwise impressed with the chapter.
Dec 27, 2009 8:17 PM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:
I am sort of annoyed by the whole Sugi's first crush being a perverted teacher angle. Maybe I am over sensitive cause of all the other feminist literature that paints men as perverts & rapists, but I thought it gratuitous -- not that I was otherwise impressed with the chapter.

Same here, I was completely annoyed with this chapter just for that. The whole train molesters thing is done to death in media, but it makes me wonder, is it so prevalent? It's now a cliché, sort of like depicting cab drivers as Indian guys, but when you jump into a cab... there's usually an Indian guy. So how wrong is it?

I don't know if it was to get a chuckle out of the Japanese readers, but I was not amused in the slightest that her teacher turned out to be a pervert, especially when he was painted as a responsible, nice fellow who did not abuse his position of authority.

Worse is that the males in Girl Friends, once given a role, are portrayed in a generally positive light. Take Mari's boyfriend. Perfectly lovely boy. Even Ouji, the loser who couldn't get it up for Akko is decent comic relief and is not seen as a rapist or pervert.

So why now? And especially why with Sugi, the character who seems to be the most interested in men on the whole? I don't like the implications it is making, and the manga was doing just fine without the molestation in it.

TarewPnx said:

I left out a couple:
7) Nothing.
8) A total focus on a side character.

I don't think anyone saw that coming. A clear sign that Morinaga is still a step ahead of us.

TarewPnx said:

I thought it was funny though when Sugi just came out with it. I love when other people totally notice you before you tell them. BTW is Milk insinuating that Tami may have a crush on Sugi?

I would hope not, because the cast full of gay scenario will ruin the already thin sense of realism this story has.

TarewPnx said:

That is a good point. I do have my personal views on this but I have a feeling that this may be brought up again if the story portrays their relationship going that far.

As I think kaigen or somebody said, Akko thinks Mari had sex and Mari thinks Akko had sex, and they're both going to have to confront each other with that unless Morinaga totally forgot about it.

And I wouldn't put it past her, to be honest.
Dec 27, 2009 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
Aah-aah, nothing actually happpened in this chapter... That was dissapointing :<
As for Tami and Sugi - I don't mind it Dx Realistic or not, they are great characters and that's what's most important for me with shoujo-ai couples... Oh, god, the countless ruined yuri couples because I didn't like one of the girls... Makes me wanna gaargh... So I don't mind but I'm pleased with only Mari x Akko too :)
Dec 27, 2009 9:49 PM

Jan 2008
tehnominator said:
So why now? And especially why with Sugi, the character who seems to be the most interested in men on the whole? I don't like the implications it is making, and the manga was doing just fine without the molestation in it.

That is part of it, I mean she is dating 5 guys. If they wanted to have a man being a dick, their is plenty of fodder by just making one of the guys decide that he is tired of sharing and that she needs to choose him or "get whats coming to her." She could have been at a mixer where they guys were less than happy about spending all that money on alcohol & food & tried to force themselves on her to get "paid back" for their investment. I mean Sugi is a bit of a player & the chance of running across a bad guy is pretty high.
Dec 28, 2009 4:02 AM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:
tehnominator said:

That is part of it, I mean she is dating 5 guys. If they wanted to have a man being a dick, their is plenty of fodder by just making one of the guys decide that he is tired of sharing and that she needs to choose him or "get whats coming to her." She could have been at a mixer where they guys were less than happy about spending all that money on alcohol & food & tried to force themselves on her to get "paid back" for their investment. I mean Sugi is a bit of a player & the chance of running across a bad guy is pretty high.

As horribly date rape-y as that is, it is more logical and less eye-rolling inducing than the teacher she loved coming back to molest her. I thought he'd be the one to save her on the train honestly.

I wonder if next chapter will be about Tamamin and her cosplaying shenanigans? I'd rather we go back to Akko and Mari if Morinaga is not taking her side characters seriously, especially as someone as fruity and charismatic as Sugi.
Dec 28, 2009 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
tehnominator said:

TarewPnx said:

I would hope not, because the cast full of gay scenario will ruin the already thin sense of realism this story has.

while I agree that the "cast full of gay scenario" would bring down the sense of realism,on the other hand, I never really felt that the realism was "thin" I understand that maybe Mari x Akko getting together was drawn out a little too long, but that always made sense to me. It was frustrating indeed but I thought it was done well. the story is supposed to based on events that happened in the authors life, I thought that was why the characters felt so realistic to me. I have seen people torment themselves over similar things to Mari for years and still feel the same way. I have seem people misunderstand the fact that they love someone until it's to late, not unlike Akko. After consulting my girl friend about the small talk that often plagues the manga, she told me that it made her feel like she was back hanging out with her friends, basically saying that even their massive amount of small talk was realistic.
though, I digress, that if Sugi turned out gay that would be a crime to her character, not saying that she can't be. It's entirely possible that all the boy friends are there to drown away the emptiness of repressing her sexuality... but it just doesn't feel right for her character, and the same goes for Tamamin. I would like the manga to just use them as a clear example, between having a very, very close friend, and being sexually attracted to that close friend. I like Tamamin, and Sugi and I like their relationship as friends, so I hope that they stick together as close friends... or just Tamamin has the hots for Sugi ^_~ that would amuse me, I know it's mean but I wouldn't be surprised if she was, just a little bi.
one last comment about this; if the manga has enough time/life left in it, then I wouldn't mind if Tamamin and Sugi had a bi curious stage, then going back to guys. I would find that acceptable. ^_^;

; Kaigen
kaigenDec 28, 2009 7:55 AM
-"Just an ordinary woman who won't ever regret, being with the person she loves."

Dec 28, 2009 9:01 AM
Jun 2008
kaigen said:

while I agree that the "cast full of gay scenario" would bring down the sense of realism,on the other hand, I never really felt that the realism was "thin"

The realism in this instance is not how long the two take to get together-- that is perfectly understandable. What I am referring to is the almost fantasy-land that most yuri manga seem to be set where there are no consequences for your actions and that being gay is fine and dandy or something precious meant to be hidden away or not talked about at all.

In GF, Akko and Mari are wavering around that point of a fantasy land. Unless I see them coming out or some parental reaction to this, then I am inclined to believe that GF is set in an alternate Tokyo where nobody cares if anyone is gay.

Keep in contrast with Aoi Hana-- that series deals with sexuality as an issue.
Dec 28, 2009 10:25 AM

Feb 2009
tehnominator said:
kaigen said:

while I agree that the "cast full of gay scenario" would bring down the sense of realism,on the other hand, I never really felt that the realism was "thin"

The realism in this instance is not how long the two take to get together-- that is perfectly understandable. What I am referring to is the almost fantasy-land that most yuri manga seem to be set where there are no consequences for your actions and that being gay is fine and dandy or something precious meant to be hidden away or not talked about at all.

In GF, Akko and Mari are wavering around that point of a fantasy land. Unless I see them coming out or some parental reaction to this, then I am inclined to believe that GF is set in an alternate Tokyo where nobody cares if anyone is gay.

Keep in contrast with Aoi Hana-- that series deals with sexuality as an issue.

REALLY O_o; I thought that was something that GF was handling really well. that was Mari's whole issue with trying to date Akko. then even when Akko came out to her and confessed, she was still hesitant (I assumed because of how hard the life style would be) it was brought up with Sugi on an occasion and she basically thought it was a bad idea. though now she is the only one that knows about them. I'm sure that they want to keep it a secret for know, I just don't think that any thing can be said about society impact on the couple until someone (other than Sugu, who doesn't really seem to mind) knows about them dating. they really looked like really close friends before that and to most still do.
at the very least it's looked at in GL friends then in most yuri/ shoujo-ai anime, and even compared to most of the manga the way it goes about it is unique because it approaches the issue from a character perspective that is just making the discovery.
It could be that I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say so would you elaborate for me please?

; Kaigen

Dec 28, 2009 11:10 AM
Jun 2008
kaigen said:

REALLY O_o; I thought that was something that GF was handling really well. that was Mari's whole issue with trying to date Akko. then even when Akko came out to her and confessed, she was still hesitant (I assumed because of how hard the life style would be) it was brought up with Sugi on an occasion and she basically thought it was a bad idea. though now she is the only one that knows about them. I'm sure that they want to keep it a secret for know, I just don't think that any thing can be said about society impact on the couple until someone (other than Sugu, who doesn't really seem to mind) knows about them dating. they really looked like really close friends before that and to most still do.
at the very least it's looked at in GL friends then in most yuri/ shoujo-ai anime, and even compared to most of the manga the way it goes about it is unique because it approaches the issue from a character perspective that is just making the discovery.
It could be that I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say so would you elaborate for me please?

; Kaigen

That's the thing. While Mari acknowledges why it would be hard for her to date Akko, because they're both girls and because they're best friends, she never once mentions WHY it is hard. She never thinks, "What will my parents think? How will my friends react? How will society see me?" Never once do THESE questions pop up. Which is what I mean by most yuri existing in a fantasy space. The characters imply the social consequences but never really bring it up and to light.

You ever heard of the elephant in the room theory? It's exactly that. Yuri manga know exactly what territory they're threading across but they never bring it up or acknowledge it because the safer, better, more palatable thing to do is to ignore it.

But I see Girl Friends moving into broader territory now. It was trapped in its own little world of clothes, make-up, mixers, alcohol, dating, and school and now it is crawling out of that space. I'm quite happy for the turns it is taking. Like I said, Morinaga has A LOT of material she can cover, but she may never do that because of the magazine and audience for whom she is writing.

The readers of Comic High are not interested in anything short of fluff, melodrama, romance and sex. A manga like Aoi Hana can have a slow, deliberate and developmental pacing because it runs in a magazine aimed for more mature, older audiences. Comic High is for Loser Fans. The kind of people who "squee" when something cute happens and who RAGE when something trollish happens. Morinaga may never get the chance to show the social consequences that Mari and Akko have to face by being two girls who are dating.

Perhaps I will be wrong. I pray I am wrong. I want to see Morinaga mature as a mangaka, because I've been following her works for years and years now, and she's had a big influence on my interests and have given me high expectations.

Her Nana and Hitomi saga rose the bar for one-shots for me. It also showed me for once that something happens even after the couple gets together. She's an amazing writer, amazing, and she knows how to please the audience. Which is why I don't want to see her being constrained by her publishers. If GF really is a dynamo series in Japan, then she can do whatever the hell she wants and the publishers won't say boo because the woman is driving their sales. If however GF is not a major influence on the readers of Comic High, then she has to play by their rules.

I'm no expert on the industry, but I'm using my knowledge of it and applying it to what I think happens. Take Bleach for example. Tite Kubo can release a chapter of utter garbage and Shounen Jump won't tell him boo because Bleach is a GIANT that rakes in sales for them.

I'd love to know how yuri manga really fares in Japan, but what I know is that it is very, very small. It doesn't have its own section in manga shops as yet, since the material being released is so little and the fanbase is small as well.

I forgot what I was talking about now...

Anyway, back to Girl Friends. Sugi is a very sympathetic person, and she won't have a problem with Mari and Akko being together since she loves "love" more than anything, and she loves her friends too. Tamamin is a bit on the fence, because while she likes yuri, doesn't mean she likes lesbians. A lot of yuri fans are this way. They love yuri but real lesbians? Not really. Kuno and Taguchi might be the biggest problems, since they might be the only homophobic ones, but we never got a hint of this yet.

Mari is a family-oriented person. She has dinner with her folks, she plays with her little brother sometimes, and she seems involved in her home life to a certain degree. I don't see her family finding out at all. If any parent were to know, I am putting all my money on Akko's mom because she seems like the kind of parent who might pick up on these things. Which is ironic, because she doesn't give a shit about what Akko does and is largely uninvolved in her daughter's life. But I can see her finding out about it, don't ask why. That is, if it were to happen. For all we know, Morinaga will just have a volume of fluff coming up and a "happily ever after" ending.
Dec 28, 2009 11:10 AM
Jun 2008
Urk, MAL glitch of a double post.
Dec 28, 2009 12:48 PM

Feb 2009
While I can see your point, I think to a degree we are aware of "elephant in the room" and the other part could be them representing the maturity level of the characters at this point. they look at it and see love and don't think that anything should be wrong if their not hurting anyone else. maybe all she understands is the idea of rejection because "eew we're both girls" but it's hard to say and to an extent, I agree with you.
BUT trust me when I say that I also hope to see them go the direction of societal pressure. I would only love and respect that manga so much more if she was aloud to take it the that way >_<

fan boy sequel ^_^
kaigen

Dec 28, 2009 6:59 PM

Oct 2009
My two cents: it ends with them agreeing/going to have sex but the reader don't get to see anything at all - except in her/his imagination. Or maybe we'll see a kiss - at least.

On a side note, I like to be proved wrong and have another volume of the manga.
Dec 28, 2009 11:11 PM

Mar 2009
honestly, its my most favourite manga to date. Every chapter is fun to read.
Dec 28, 2009 11:18 PM

Jan 2008
@teh: There is nothing wrong with Squeeing at cute things. I say this with the most masculine tone I can muster.
Dec 29, 2009 4:49 AM
Jun 2008
nexist418 said:
@teh: There is nothing wrong with Squeeing at cute things. I say this with the most masculine tone I can muster.

You're right, because girls can cry manly tears too. I know a shed a few for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann-- the most masculine series I've seen to date.
Feb 8, 2010 3:16 AM
Jun 2008
Chapter 29:

All kinds of awesome and sad stuff happened in this chapter.

It's nice to see Mari kinda inadvertently flirting with Akko; actually, she doesn't seem to be aware of the effect she has on Akko, and that's kinda moe in itself. (Morinaga can't do moe like Morishima, though, the HNNNGGGHH in Morishima's stuff is legendary.)

But right-o, I doubt Mari is remotely aware that she just made Akko sweat a little with that little exchange about her getting naked.

The Christmas date was nice, cute, expected that it ended up just being a girls' day out. I noticed that dates between best friends usually don't end up playing out like conventional dates, or maybe that's just my own experience? You always end up doing "friend" stuff, not "date" stuff. Until after the date, of course, and then you end up doing things that you wouldn't technically do a friend ;)

Akko seemed pretty hurt that Mari introduced her as her "friend" but she's going to have to deal with a lot of denial. I see that as being a potential for drama between them; Akko wanting to scream to the world that she loves Mari and Mari wanting to shut them up in a corner and not tell a soul about it. Which is pretty realistic for Morinaga, might I add.
Feb 8, 2010 1:37 PM

Jul 2008
tehnominator said:

Akko seemed pretty hurt that Mari introduced her as her "friend" but she's going to have to deal with a lot of denial. I see that as being a potential for drama between them; Akko wanting to scream to the world that she loves Mari and Mari wanting to shut them up in a corner and not tell a soul about it. Which is pretty realistic for Morinaga, might I add.

It was only for a page, so it may not seem like that big of a deal to them in the long run, but based on having experienced the same thing in a relationship, if this issue doesn't get addressed fast there will be a lot of tears.

In other words, i predict that if Mari doesn't become more comfortable with accepting/expressing the nature of the relationship, Akko's feelings will be so hurt that they will probably not be able to stay together, and the manga will end with a chapter of them meeting 10 years later as adults and regretting the past or something like that. This is very pessimistic of me, and I hope that it doesn't get to be this way.
... that is, depending how many chapters are left...

Feb 8, 2010 1:59 PM
Jun 2008
I reckon GF has about 4 - 6 chapters left in it, for the most. Series like these usually wrap up after five volumes or six for the most, no matter how good they are. 32 - 34 chapters is what I saw a lot of series ending at for some reason.
Feb 8, 2010 7:02 PM
Mar 2009
You know, I thought about how Akko felt when Mari referred to her as a friend, but then I had no idea if that was intentional, or if there was an ambiguity in translation, or what? I think Akko may have been phased at first, but then may have realized that this is the type of life that must be lived. They did have a small dialogue on the difference of being a same-sex couple in public rather than a heterosexual one. I know some of my friends and I either omit or modify pronouns to cover up certain information ^_^ I love how Mari at times is just taciturn, and one must wonder what is going on within her head. I think the way things were ordered in the chapter is important. Initially, seeing there was a confession, I bet the two of them are all high and mighty right now, which was adding to Mari being confident and inadvertently making Akko sweat; and then things hit a hurdle when Mari realizes she feels weird acting like a couple in public and introduces Akko as a friend; and finally when she received Akko's gift she realized how great it was for their relationship to have been culminated. It seems like the girl is on a roller coaster.
Mar 1, 2010 4:31 AM

Jul 2008
Fufufu, certain things.

I think part of the reason I like Nana and Hitomi so much was the way Morinaga progressed so fluidly and so sweetly to a the physical aspect of love. It was my first manga with such themes, and now Mari and Akko are taking the same journey, or better said they're nearing the destination. Yay for euphamisms?

I did look (can't them ^^;) at the raws and it turned out much how it looked. General slight teen angst to give Akko the move on. Is it just me or has Akko had a stronger voice to the audience (does that make even make sense to anyone but me?) then Mari for a while now?

"I'm always sleeping in my forest of thorns."
- Satou Sei
Mar 1, 2010 5:04 AM
Jun 2008
everminded said:
Is it just me or has Akko had a stronger voice to the audience (does that make even make sense to anyone but me?) then Mari for a while now?

Akko was the elusive one for the first couple of volumes because she was the "ideal" so to speak, the girl in Mari's head that she put on a pedestal: perfect, charming and infallible. But Morinaga switching perspectives makes us see that Akko is just a nervous goof with her own bits of flaws.

I'm quite glad for the change, to be honest. She did it for Nana and Hitomi as well. When the story was rocky and angsty, she focussed on Nana. When things got better, she switched to Hitomi to show you that the perfect one in the relationship ain't that perfect. Hitomi was riddled with insecurities and pain and she obsessed and hurt just as much as Nana did, but her personality was to ignore or suppress rather than internalise and seethe like Nana.

With Akko, she's got tons of personality to spare, so it just might be her taking the more comedic route as well. Akko is tons more amusing than Mari as Mari is the character whose emotions are there for us to relate to.

Also, I very much approve of certain things. Certain things has been long overdue.
Mar 1, 2010 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
tehnominator said:
Also, I very much approve of certain things. Certain things has been long overdue.

Exactly my thoughts.
About Nana x Hitomi talk, i should propably read it...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 1, 2010 2:02 PM

Dec 2009
I think Milk might be struggling with the notorious "second album syndrome". IMO she's told a near perfect "best friends fall in love" story in the form of Nana and Hitomi, so where can she go now with Mari and Akko?

Personally I wouldn't mind something similar, maybe "NanaxHitomi-lite" but it seems she's really trying to move away from that storyline. I think Girl Friends is just being Girl Friends - slightly infuriating. I would be sated with a kiss, that's all I ask for.
Mar 2, 2010 3:39 AM
Jun 2008
Sheldor said:
I think Girl Friends is just being Girl Friends - slightly infuriating.

I think you're absolutely right about this.

Although I believe she's not crossing the Nana x Hitomi story because that's a special one to her. Out of all her one-shots, it's the most enduring, and before she picked up serialisation for GF, it was her longest running original work that I know of having four chapters rather than the typical one-shot fashion she's used to.

I think also she's holding out for Nana x Hitomi. Or so a girl can dream. But you're right-- Akko is Akko and Mari is Mari. They are not Nana and Hitomi and their romance is a lot different and will develop differently. For that, I'm glad.
Mar 28, 2010 3:31 AM

Mar 2008
Chapter 31 was damn cute >< I just love this series ;3
Mar 28, 2010 9:05 AM

Mar 2010
Where can read pl0x?
Mar 28, 2010 10:35 AM
Mar 28, 2010 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
OH MY GAWT O_O that was pretty hot. And Akko is pretty Horny : O
sweet Maria Santa Majugorie show us beautiful Akko and Mari moments, but please don't end this manga if they finally do that : < i will seriously cry. ; /
May 16, 2010 5:53 PM

May 2010
eh? girl friends will end after 4 chaps right? *sigh* so sad.. =_=
May 17, 2010 8:22 AM

Apr 2009
Ever since they've confessed to each other, I was frustrated that they never really tried to be alone together, even once. Chapter 31 was so satisfying for me, cause they finally got a chance to be alone, and their kiss was amazing!(Hooray for tongue)! I laughed at Akko googling how to have sex with a girl, though I wonder what she saw that made her turn away xD

Nomi and Nacho, thanks so much for making me keep reading through the boring SOL chapters! ^^

Also, why does everyone think the manga has to end now? Octave began with them in a relationship from the very beginning, and that manga is amazing. Can't GFs continue down that road too?
Supernova141May 17, 2010 11:58 AM
May 18, 2010 3:45 PM
Jun 2008
Supernova141 said:

Nomi and Nacho, thanks so much for making me keep reading through the boring SOL chapters! ^^

No problem. It's actually why many people never read past the first couple of chapters of GF. Admittedly, I was one them. I heard it was yuri, saw no yuri and dropped it. But that's what I realised the intention was-- to show that unexpectedly, in the lives of two teenage girls, love can come out of nowhere.

Supernova141 said:

Also, why does everyone think the manga has to end now? Octave began with them in a relationship from the very beginning, and that manga is amazing. Can't GFs continue down that road too?

Morinaga announced on her Twitter that the series would be ending in four chapters.
May 18, 2010 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
tehnominator said:
But that's what I realised the intention was-- to show that unexpectedly, in the lives of two teenage girls, love can come out of nowhere.

Yeah, if those first seven chapters weren't there, I don't think the rest of the manga would be nearly as satisfying as it is!

tehnominator said:
Morinaga announced on her Twitter that the series would be ending in four chapters.

May 20, 2010 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
Actually I could keep going thanks to you guys too.
The first chapters were PAIN.
But it has been very satisfactory indeed.

I don't want it to end so soon :<
Jun 26, 2010 10:52 AM

Oct 2007
After reading chapter 33 all I can say is

Jun 27, 2010 11:07 AM

Mar 2008
This latest chapter was... oh sooooooooo sweet >< I want moar!
Jun 27, 2010 6:31 PM
Jun 2008
It's sad that there are only two more chapters...
Jun 28, 2010 3:47 AM
Mar 2009
So it is ending? I thought so. I got the feeling because this last chapter seemed like it was rushing things a bit. It's such a shame because there was so many chapters of trolling and now there is only going to be 3 chapters of action ^_^ It had a good run.
Jun 28, 2010 6:26 AM

Feb 2010
THIS IS MY FAV MANGA TOO! I JUST READ IT LAST SATURDAY AND REACHED ALREADY TO THE LATEST CHAPTER(CH.33)! MAN I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER IS OUT! XDDD

CHAP.33 SPOILER

CLICK=]
Jun 28, 2010 6:36 AM
Jun 2008
Taru-chan said:
So it is ending? I thought so. I got the feeling because this last chapter seemed like it was rushing things a bit. It's such a shame because there was so many chapters of trolling and now there is only going to be 3 chapters of action ^_^ It had a good run.

Morinaga said she was going to make the series 35 chapters long. Actually, I think she mentioned that there were only supposed to be four volumes of material, but she kept pushing to write and draw more and Comic High let her. But now it seems it's time for her to end the story, which is a shame.
Jun 28, 2010 9:23 AM

May 2008
Probably better than to drawing it out like Sasameki Koto...I mean, I'll really miss the manga, but it's better this way
Jun 28, 2010 2:44 PM

Mar 2008
Rly? Only 2 chapters left?? :( That's just wrong! >< I dont wanna T_T
Jun 28, 2010 6:45 PM

Apr 2009
Another bad part about knowing there's only two chapters left, is that we knew what happened at the end of ch. 33 was coming! No way Morinaga would've left us hanging, right?

I can just imagine, the next chapter is gonna start off with a perfectly normal day, and we're not gonna find out what really happened that night until the very end, if we're lucky :P
Jun 28, 2010 11:59 PM
Mar 2009
We actually still don't know what is going to happen ^_^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your sexual orientation? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Kyo - Jun 10, 2009

1186 by euls »»
Aug 15, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Which type of shoujo-ai/yuri pairings do you like the most? ( 1 2 )

Louchan - Jul 12, 2009

61 by removed-user »»
Jun 12, 2023 9:25 AM

» Ouji-sama nante iranai by Harushion (not on mal!, 200 pages) - Marimite/class-s like

Wannabiteme - Jun 4, 2023

1 by JB-94 »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:17 AM

» what kind of Shoujo-ai &amp; Yuri do you like ? ( 1 2 )

pitman - Aug 3, 2007

85 by HaruHaruLove »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:32 AM

» What anime made you cry? ( 1 2 )

deletemeplzz - Sep 11, 2009

57 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 13, 2023 11:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.