MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 22 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger »» Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 22 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
View Poll Results: Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 22 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

74 87.06%
4 out of 5: Liked it

9 10.59%
3 out of 5: It was OK

2 2.35%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 85

06-04-09, 8:11 PM

callmeagnew said:
akuchan_kun said:
This episode was awesomeeee, to me the worst thing they can do to wreck it now.. is if they make Takamura lose (haven't read the manga) but come on, who doesn't want to see that champion guy lose? I hated him so much I wouldn't have mind if they gave Takamura a first round knock out win, so watching Takamura dominate this episode was very satisfying.

a first round KO win would have been a pretty shit fight after all the build up lets be honest

/agreed
there has to be a reason why Hawk has been the champion for so long~

i guess i'm just cheap to thrills then~ i have loved just about every episode this season. i mean some could have been better.. the animation with the super speed of takamura clashing with hawks speed could have been better.. but, otherwise i'm still quite content with this show. i get excited just about every moment, i'm on the edge of my seats forcing myself not to stand up.

06-04-09, 11:12 PM

Pure adrenaline pumping, kickass episode. It's just one of those times where you want to curse and shout at the top of your lungs, "YEAH TAKAMURA, KICK HIS ****ING ASS!"

06-05-09, 3:02 AM

Pretty good episode, the fight was really intense. And it's nice to see Takamura get some momentum.

06-05-09, 7:28 AM

there has to be a reason why Hawk has been the champion for so long~

Actually, this is Hawk's first title defense. He doesn't have the history that El Diablo has.

06-05-09, 8:35 AM

Anyone knows the name of the song that plays when Takamura raises his arms at the end?

06-05-09, 7:44 PM

franco90 said:
noteDhero said:
So, they backpedal on everything that everyone was saying in the last episode about Hawk being stronger in about a second at the beginning of this episode. Suddenly now they are equals and it's all good? Whatever.

Ok episode. It's definitely done way better than last week, but I'm gonna agree with callmeagnew. I just don't really care about what's going on screen; nor do I think that there is any sense of urgency in any of these fights. It's funny to me that the only piece of music I ever remember from this show is the little blip they've been using during the eyecatch, and that's it.

Feels to me like the one thing this show had going for it has been reduced to mediocrity: the fights.

The fights are still amazing and if you think that the only thing this show had going for it were fights then...LMFAO! I guess the charcters rnt fuckin hilarious and not just completly awsome.

Backpedal to what? Hawk just seemed stronger than Takamura precisely because Hawk seems as strong as him... and Takamura hasnever fought anyone like him. Anyway, the similarities between the two have been played out so much at this point, so no one should be surprised by the shifts in momentum.

However, anyone who has watched Ippo v. Sendo II knows that this fight is lacking the epicness of that fight (someone should put back under star in the soundtrack). Although I have no objection to the shonen-type animation, I still feel that some sequences need more focus and less like they're just going through the manga panels.

06-06-09, 2:59 AM

noteDhero said:

Feels to me like the one thing this show had going for it has been reduced to mediocrity: the fights.

dude....

awesome episode its getting better really intense battle

06-06-09, 1:55 PM

best fuckin ep ever takamura is that dude

06-06-09, 3:49 PM

ha ha ha i was just reading the comments when my ipod which is on shuffle came up with the opening for ippo Hekireki by Last Alliance

06-06-09, 11:40 PM

ro said:
best fuckin ep ever takamura is that dude

he sure is.

06-07-09, 3:27 PM

Epic.

To those that didn't enjoy it: Get better taste please~

06-08-09, 5:44 AM

+1 Killuan.
They don't enjoy it because they want to don't enjoy... :D
But it's just awesome. **

06-08-09, 12:32 PM

Agree with callmeagnew and noteDhero, the fight is far weaker than everyone expected it to be, especially after such a great build up beforehand. It doesn't live up to my expectations at least, and doesn't live up to several fights of Ippo in the first season. Not really epic for now, a bit rushed in this second episode, the animation is extremely random, sometimes great, sometimes average, and it is by no mean as intense as it should be. And another thing bothers me: Hawk seemed invincible and as powerful as a monster in the last episode, and now he's surprinsingly become weaker than Takamura without any reason, and he just doesn't seem to care about the match. Very strange to me, but well... it's still a somewhat good episode overall, it's just a bit dissapointing.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

06-08-09, 3:43 PM

You know what's really annoying me, the hand print on Takamura's back. I understand the whole point it signifies and what not, but just...gah...it's such an eyesore to look at.

06-08-09, 7:00 PM

Fucking Awesome.

06-09-09, 7:00 AM

Brilliantly executed fight, in my opinion. The animation was good, however once both of thei punches was clashed it was a bit overexxagerated lol, but that is the Shounen style. Next episode looks good, the series is getting better and better.

06-09-09, 8:38 AM

I
Just
Have
No
Fucking
Words

I just shat brix. BEST FUCKING BRAWL EVER

06-09-09, 8:39 AM

Brian Hawk is fucking crazy.

Fucking awesome good thing I didn't read the manga.

06-10-09, 3:52 PM

Pretty crazy brawl going on now. The fight is really intense.

06-10-09, 9:18 PM

FUCK YEAH

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices