Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2014 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice case I suppose. It felt a little less dramatic imo than compared previously. However, that bathroom scene is freaking grim.

Shame about the accused. I guess not every case goes the way they want. The law doesn't always abide to everyone's intentions. Oh well at least it didn't go chaotic like the previous case. Cecil needs more experience imo. Kiri-jii is awesome.
Stark700Feb 9, 2014 10:32 AM
Feb 9, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2013
Kiri-jii might be old, but he can still get it done. This was an okay case. Laughed at him making some dance moves at the end there lol.
Feb 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2010
Ouch that stabbing at the start with the splashing blood had me cringe >~<

I knew Kiri-ji was a BA but he exceeded my expectations XD Sleeping on the job, listening to idols, faking a syncope XD And Dat moon walk XDXDXD
Feb 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2013
As usual an amazing episode that kept me hooked start to finish, but *sigh* what the HECK is up with all these plot holes that ruin what would otherwise be a pretty good show?

I mean, if Kiri-jii fainted before to get them to close the case, wouldn't doing that repeatedly ring some bells for any one with common sense? I get that it's supposed to be comic relief but to sacrifice logic for that is just pushing your luck ><
Feb 9, 2014 11:08 AM

Nov 2012
Damn that stabbing I really felt it and the guy screaming in agony omg. Lol @ that old man I knew he was faking it. Right when they asked him about magic he had a seizure lmao.
Feb 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Oct 2012
Out of curiosity, are we playing a game to see who can praise mediocrity the most?

If so: I really liked how they had the wizard lawyer get in a fight over bowling balls, it really shows how they are just like normal people, and the whole "confronting the perp with a body double", that really caught me by surprise and was an incredible twist, and the whole idea that they thought that a wizard would use a knife to kill someone and thus were going to prosecute him based solely on an argument was fascinating. Oh, and the other elite firm deciding to use the inexperience Cecil to defend one of their own lawyers, yes sirree that was a master stroke of plotting.

Seriously though, it is such a shame that a show with this much talent, couldn't spend a bit extra on hiring a better writer.
Feb 9, 2014 12:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Out of curiosity, are we playing a game to see who can praise mediocrity the most?

If so: I really liked how they had the wizard lawyer get in a fight over bowling balls, it really shows how they are just like normal people, and the whole "confronting the perp with a body double", that really caught me by surprise and was an incredible twist, and the whole idea that they thought that a wizard would use a knife to kill someone and thus were going to prosecute him based solely on an argument was fascinating. Oh, and the other elite firm deciding to use the inexperience Cecil to defend one of their own lawyers, yes sirree that was a master stroke of plotting.

Seriously though, it is such a shame that a show with this much talent, couldn't spend a bit extra on hiring a better writer.

Cannot agree more with you. The number of times I facepalmed watching this series is astonishing...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 9, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
That stabbing at the bathroom bowling alley was quite brutal and grim.

Kiri-ji was faking it, I loved his moon walk dance at the end.
Feb 9, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2013
The old man can get things done
Cecil still inexperienced at her job.
The old man faking it at the trial xD
LOL at him moon-walking at the end
Feb 9, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
The stabbing scene was meh.

The case/trial were boring as usual.

Kiri-ji fainting was smart,even though it wouldn't pass irl.

The only thing this episode that was barely amusing was his dancing at the end.
Feb 9, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2010
lol kamakiri is one interesting guy and his ability is pretty useful too. cecil really didnt do shit this episode,just alot of complaining. im really liking her less and less.

the cases they work on are still way too predictable. it was pretty clear that that guy in the beginning didnt kill him even tho they try to make it look like he did.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 9, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2008
Another average (at most) episode of this series. The case was so predictable, it almost hurt. The old guy had to prove his value and awesomness, the young girl had to prove, that she's naive and is lacking expirience. And that mystery 'cult'... meh.
-
Feb 9, 2014 1:38 PM
May 2011
People "cringing" over the murder scene doesn't know what creepy is...
I lol'ed
If this is creepy to you, then I dare you to watch f.ex. corpse party or umineko =P

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Feb 9, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
He was awesome!!!
Feb 9, 2014 2:35 PM
Dec 2010
Hmm, yeah, this show has a good bit of plot holes and is predictable, but it's a shame since I really like the art style.

Kiri-ji was epic this episode, especially that dancing bit.

I guess this show makes you question if society condemns Wizards that much to bend the law so bad that they base cases off of pretty bad evidence, or if it's just a bunch of plot holes.

Cecil wasn't looking to good this ep. Hopefully more character development for her and experience.
Feb 9, 2014 2:39 PM

Feb 2011
Kiri-jii = Best character.
Feb 9, 2014 3:06 PM
Mar 2012
I have more respect for Kamakiri now
Feb 9, 2014 4:24 PM

Jun 2013
old man showing em how its done
Feb 9, 2014 4:42 PM
Jul 2013
Kamakiri with this episode, it becomes one of the most famous characters of the series. Simply, a mastermind.
Feb 9, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
That one long sequence with Kiri-jii being Kiri-jii was youtube poop worthy weird. Actually, almost every scene with him in the shot is.

Takuan_Soho said:
Oh, and the other elite firm deciding to use the inexperience Cecil to defend one of their own lawyers, yes sirree that was a master stroke of plotting.
I just assumed they couldn't represent someone from their own firm by law, but nope no such thing was ever explained.
Feb 9, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
The best part of this episode: http://i.minus.com/iiQwziVlQ7mSG.gif
Feb 9, 2014 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
SalemWitch said:

I mean, if Kiri-jii fainted before to get them to close the case, wouldn't doing that repeatedly ring some bells for any one with common sense? I get that it's supposed to be comic relief but to sacrifice logic for that is just pushing your luck ><

This anime lacks any logic whatsoever, episode 3 already made it clear, now they pulled the same BS again, sigh.
Feb 9, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Mauroki said:

Lmao thank you! I was just going to ask for that. I just realized the director and creator of Galilei Donna is the same director and creator of this series. Now I'm worried. Very worried.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 9, 2014 7:57 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty obvious that the old man would turn out to be a pro.

On another note I can't help but think "Dat ass" whenever Moyoyon is shown in the OP.
Feb 9, 2014 8:22 PM

Sep 2013
First time I've seen bowling in anime :o

Lol at "Good-looking idiot" and the strike in the other lane :P

When will the other new girl get a case?

He's 96 0_0 why the heck is he even still working?

That old codger faking a heart attack :O Kiri-jii rules! The moment he was out he moon-walked to his idols ;)

Cool a hero episode next :p
Feb 9, 2014 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
i knew he was faking it!!!
lol old people i tell you haha
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Feb 10, 2014 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
This suffers from the exact problems danganronpa had.

one case per episode doesnt do it justice you cant bring yourself to care enough for the people she's trying to fight for there just all throw away characters.
Feb 10, 2014 4:27 AM

Jun 2013
Laid-back episode. Kiri-jiji is awesome, that moonwalk at the end lol.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 10, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2013
the episode fixed some stuff that i complained about in an earlier episode.

overall pretty good. ending was funny but kinda stupid. that court really is not smart lol
Feb 10, 2014 11:02 AM

Jan 2011
from these few episodes we know the court is really bad... hope more about the big story in the next episode
Feb 10, 2014 1:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The old man has some decent moves. Otherwise, forgettable episode
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2014 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
Mauroki said:

Had a feeling someone was gonna make a gif of that xD
Feb 11, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2013
>Pink haired person in a bowling alley
>Homicide in a public bathroom
I wonder if these were citations from Mezzo Forte and Kite.
Feb 11, 2014 8:54 AM

Oct 2011
The logic in this episode was awful! Kiri-jii apparently pulls this same trick every case and always gets away with it? I really like the concept of the show but the cases are really poorly handled. The detective guy who leads that sort of cult is pretty interesting though.
Feb 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2013
The old guy was downright hilarious. Them youngsters are always in a hurry.
Feb 11, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2013
VanishingKira said:
The stabbing scene was meh.

The case/trial were boring as usual.

Kiri-ji fainting was smart,even though it wouldn't pass irl.

The only thing this episode that was barely amusing was his dancing at the end.

You're obviously not enjoying it so why continue to watch it... :/
Feb 11, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode this time, very mellow.
Great ending.
Also Cecil shouting "Stupid" in english was a highlight.
Feb 12, 2014 2:07 AM

May 2011
DAT moonwalk. Kiri-jii is just like your typical great detective in your detective shows. Observe people's facial expressions and emotions, note down small details, force suspect to leak out evidence...best part was the fainting.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 12, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2010
Sameoka throwing the bowling ball on his neighbor lane was funny

This was was very nice case to follow, although it wasn't that mindblowing
Cecil pairing up with Kiri-jiii was very good, it showed the impatience of the youth and slow and steadiness of the old plus we got to know some more of the other cast
The old man sure is a boss with his experience and tricks
His love for idols is remarkable as well
Feb 12, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2014
That was actually an quite enjoyable episode, the stabbing and sound effects ^^ classic.
Kiri-Jii is pretty awesome, slow pace but skilled... and i almost knew what was going to happen based on his purple eyes and the "resurrected" manager in the wood.
Feb 12, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
babymilo91 said:
Kiri-jii might be old, but he can still get it done. This was an okay case. Laughed at him making some dance moves at the end there lol.

I wish I can dance like that...
Feb 12, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
kiri-jii is a boss lol i love how laid back he is
+ omg that idol bg music mid-ep was AWESOME

ugh love this anime, best music this season tbh
Feb 12, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2012
Old man doing work.

Dancing like a boss.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 12, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
alexpte said:
I have more respect for Kamakiri now

That is the same thing I said once the episode was over

pretty good episode I wonder how long it will take for everything to start showing all of what might be going to happen but so far it is pretty good though.
Feb 12, 2014 10:03 PM

Apr 2011
Cancel a hearing because someone fainted. Nice court logic.
Feb 13, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Respect to Kiri-jii XD

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Feb 14, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2012
Well, this episode was admittedly lacking... but I still thought it was decent overall. Honestly the only "plot-hole" I see is that he fakes fainting every time something goes wrong... I instantly was against that, I'm pretty sure they should have taken a break from court to find out the answer. I have to say that in general approaching the suspect in the middle of the woods is completely against regulations, but I guess that's not really important, since he happened to be bringing the murder weapon out there (probably to bury it) That or Kiri-jii used magic (when his eyes glowed) to make him go out there to make it look like said situation.

I wonder if at the scene at the end when those two guys from Shark Knight disappeared is significant. I actually hope they aren't bad, since I was kind of feeling for them this episode, it really seemed like they were only concerned about proving his innocence. But I guess it would make sense if it was all just a ploy to get closer to Cecil, since the detective who seems to be a part/leader of that cult also randomly advised them on the same case.

Edit: For me, that guy's scream when he got killed is really unnerving. Not really that it was creepy, but it just sounded how I'd actually imagine someone screaming as they're dying, unlike the overplayed/over-exaggerated sounds they typically use in just about everything.
HalibelTheEspadaFeb 14, 2014 10:31 PM
Feb 15, 2014 12:41 AM
Oct 2013
I knew the old man was faking it. I would think that the court would catch on to it by now if he's been doing it for a while.

I swear I heard that scream from the bathroom scene from somewhere else but idk where.
Feb 15, 2014 10:43 PM

May 2009
HalibelTheEspada said:

Edit: For me, that guy's scream when he got killed is really unnerving. Not really that it was creepy, but it just sounded how I'd actually imagine someone screaming as they're dying, unlike the overplayed/over-exaggerated sounds they typically use in just about everything.

Its the same "I'm dieing" sound effect used all over the place mostly from cheesy movies/tv shows. I remember first hearing it on a newgrounds game from like 2001.

I thought the kid did it at first, thought it was going to be the same as the 4th episode with the defendant lying about his innocence guess not. Old man is awesome.
Feb 22, 2014 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Too bad, the beginning seemed to presage something intriguing and very raw, never more wrong was my idea.
Unfortunately, the plot keeps a low profile and not excited, not even the narrative succeeds. Why?!
How is it that you come to that? The series had a tremendous start, and now we are witnessing a meltdown.
The cases are too simple, the characters are not treated and the real reason of the plot intrigues very little.
I'm really sad! D:
Designs that are really ugly, unappealing. Animations enough!
I hope you do not ruin the series further.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

74 by nidoqueen106 »»
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.