Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was awesome. I mean, the fighting between Yato and Bishamonten was just something I couldn't take eyes off of. I think this is also one of those times when he actually struggles more. Well, he is struggling more than usual anyways.

Bishamonten's battle outfit is also awesome. I mean, that sword...

Looks like their second fight had some people interrupting. I was kinda expecting that but I still loved the episode :3
Feb 9, 2014 7:59 AM

Nov 2007
KajiKaji's character stealing it still for his frustration, and she lied to protect him. Miyukichi's character and HiroC's character had argument, and she has grudge on him for killing one of shinki and chasing him. She has multiple shinki?

Hanyou? She's originally like that, not because the accident in the beginning?

Wow, Toyosaki-san's characters skill... so scary! Somehow there's a skar on his neck. That Nora/a.k.a Kugimiya-san's character came again to request him to use her instead.
tsubasaloverFeb 9, 2014 9:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2014 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't watched the episode yet. Subs won't come out T^T
Horriblesubs, don't fail me now.
Feb 9, 2014 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
love it even with the lil changed
I wanna have more Noragami just cant get enough of it :D
Feb 9, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, what did the nora use on Kuraha?
Feb 9, 2014 9:43 AM

May 2013
Bishamon has a lot of Regalia in her arsenal. So Yato killed her Regalia and she wants revenge on him. Nora coming in to save Yato. I want to see more of her.
Feb 9, 2014 9:54 AM

Aug 2011
I really want to know more about Nora.
Feb 9, 2014 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode.

The fight between Yato and Bishamon is something .. epic fight indeed. Bishamon is a badass. That sword, the lion and the navigator are totally useful. They don't call her the strongest war god for nothing. Second half, Kofuku interrupts the fight with one hell of a technique. Both Yato and Bishamon were petrified petrified lol. I'm surprised that Bishamon called Kofuku with -dono as honorific. Kofuku > Bishamon, perhaps. Nora helping Yato in the shadow, she restrained the lion that attacked Yato. Yukine is still the same old wimp. Looks like the compatibility between Yato and Yukine is currently low? Nora asking Yato to use her, hmm. I wonder if Nora is somewhat Yato's trick up in his sleeve, I hope she is.

Next episode, that navigator regalia meeting with Hiyori, looks serious.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 9, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit! Is there an awesome VA that isn't in this show O_o? Now FukuJun too hehe.
Well KanaHana isn't here but she's having enough roles as is XD

That was another awesome episode! Except for Yukine -.-...And here I thought he stopped being an ass. His emo mode this ep was so damn annoying. Not that I don't understand after hearing Yato kills Shinki...etc but still annoyed me a lot this ep.

And damn I'm feeling bad for Yato having to deal with him like that :(...He seems to be quite in pain from the "miasma?" on his neck.

Action was really great. Loving Veena's fighting style.

Veena is much more desperate to kill Yato than I thought. Man that's quite a grudge there. But wow she's OP with that friggin Arsenal of Shinki in her disposal O_O Kazuma seems awesome though. Loved how he bowed to Yato at the end. That really raised my curiosity quite a lot. There seems to be something Veena doesn't know only Kazuma does.

Also who or WHAT the hell is Nora?? The way he controlled Kuraha was awesome. And she's trying to go back to Yato. Really interested in her more every ep.

Loved Kofuku's intervention. Damn! She's cute <3...How she just non-chalantly opened a gate for the spirits was lol. She seems pretty strong too XD And hilarious hahaha.And her "Are u impressed" was adorable :3...Seems Veena respects her.

Loving how Nice wardrobe for Hiyori again loved the twin tail this ep <3...The way she found Yato by smelling him was cute and funny XD Her reaction to Kofuku's do u have a thing for Yato was cute and how she felt bad for Yato since they immediately suspected black mail or extortion XDXD Poor Yato ^^;
Feb 9, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
so im guessing Nora is the regalia he used to kill Bishamon's regalia because she wants him so bad and he is refusing.

When yato said he could feel yukine's emotions i didn't know he would gain blight from it. So a God can disappear/be contaminated from a bad contract with a regalia.
Feb 9, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2012
That Bashimon girl is mad pissed. Lol @ Yato calling her a stalker. I don't think Yato killed her Regalia with evil intentions.
Feb 9, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2013
didn't expect that the side effects of yukine's thoughts to be that bad
Feb 9, 2014 10:23 AM

Jan 2014
R- said:
didn't expect that the side effects of yukine's thoughts to be that bad
if you read the manga you would have expected it. :P but yeah WOW. it made yukine look like a jerk.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Nov 2012
Time to toss Yukine in a river and take up the loli sword Nora again methinks.
Feb 9, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
niaxato said:
Time to toss Yukine in a river and take up the loli sword Nora again methinks.
but yukine is just so awesome and nora is just ew! (in the manga...) yukine is really awesome i don't think that yato could abandon such an awesome regalia.
Feb 9, 2014 10:40 AM

Nov 2012
yukine really seemed like a burden to yato. i kind of felt sorry for him though..
Feb 9, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
silverwalls said:
yukine really seemed like a burden to yato. i kind of felt sorry for him though..
yukine is a burden but it is nothing that yato can't handle, the reason that he hasn't tossed yukine is because of just how good yukine is. :P
Feb 9, 2014 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
Wow. WOW. This is an action-packed episode.

I love seeing badass Kofuku, such a cutie.
Everyone's gonna start hating Yukine from this episode on ^^
Nora, Nora's giving off yandere vibes again...

Did you guys see Kazuma bowing down to Yato at the end of the battle?

Oh... and I can't believe Hiyori lied in front of scary Yato. Maybe Hiyori doesn't trust Yato at all.

Yato's getting more and more intriguing while Yukine's... UGH. He's a plain jerk this episode.
UitchouFeb 9, 2014 1:28 PM
Feb 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Now that's an episode! Great action and we got to learn more about characters. I just hope Yukine will stop being a drama queen, because he's getting annoying.

Can't wait for the next episode.
-
Feb 9, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2014
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Oh... and I can't believe Hiyori lied in front of scary Yato. Maybe Hiyori doesn't trust Yato at all.

Yato's getting more and more intriguing while Yukine's... UGH.

Glad I read the manga though. Or else, I would've ranted about how stupid and jerkish Yukine is.

Oncoming feels (end of Yukine arc T^T) and romance (hope they animate the romance)... *ehem*
ha ha yeah same i would be ranting about how yukine is a brat but thanks to reading the manga i didn't :P
Feb 9, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2013
I'm uncertain of what my reasons are but I REAAAAALY want Yato to be an antagonist and use Nora. It looks like they sync well together from what I've seen at the last few secs of the episode, but there was an incident back then that Yato wasn't in fond of, which made him stop using her. I'm very excited to see how badass Nora looks like as a regalia.
R4velFeb 9, 2014 11:33 AM
Feb 9, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, such great action packed episode.

Bishamonten's Regalia weapons are freaking dangerous and Yato keeps getting pounded by her attacks. At least it explains about Yato killing a Regalia in the past and she wants revenge about that. Got a bit of a slow down for Yato because of his emotions linked up with Yukine.

And Kofuku saves the day, though a dangerous attack, in a cute destructive way XD. Looks like it's not going to work out between Yukine and Yato, here comes Nora for her advice...

Feb 9, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Lou_Feichi said:
I'm uncertain of what my reasons are but I REAAAAALY want Yato to be an antagonist and use Nora. It looks like they sync well together from what I've seen at the last few secs of the episode, but there was an incident back then that Yato wasn't in fond of, which made him stop using her. I'm very excited to see how badass Nora looks like as a regalia.
i don't like nora tbh she seem kinda of evil. or bad.
Feb 9, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
That was intense. Much better than phantom fights. Can't wait for next week!
Yukine was annoying this episode. hopefully he'll get his shit together next episode.
Feb 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

text27 said:
but yukine is just so awesome and nora is just ew! (in the manga...) yukine is really awesome i don't think that yato could abandon such an awesome regalia.

AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Glad I read the manga though. Or else, I would've ranted about how stupid and jerkish Yukine is.

Oncoming feels (end of Yukine arc T^T) and romance (hope they animate the romance)... *ehem*

CAN YOU PLEASE NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS EPISODE??? IT IS REALLY ANNOYING TO READ ANYTHING RELATED TO THE MANGA!!! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS THE ANIME DISCUSSION THREAD, NOT THE MANGA ONE?!!

That aside, the episode was great! Yukine's eyes were so creepy!!! I still believe he will realize that what he's currently doing is really bad!!! I still like him a lot!!! ^^ Plus I don't think he's to be blamed for not understanding what an impact his mental state has on Yato because Yato never explained it to him properly!! >.< Not that I hate Yato! ^^ It's one of those animes where all the main characters are really likable! ; )

Hiyori understands Yukine so much that she's willing to lie for his sake! I am expecting a conversation or at all something between these two! Hopefully, this will open up Yukine's eyes!!!

The fighting scenes were awesome!!! @.@ Bishamon is so scary!!! A real badass, though!!! She seems unstoppable with so many Regalias, wow!!!! But I'm really curious to know why Yato killed her Regalia!!! O___O

I bet Kofusu is as powerful of a God as silly she looks!!! >:OO Can't wait to see more of that side of her!!! ^^

Kazuma bowing to Yato made me feel like he used to be connected to him somehow, wonder if he also was his previous Regalia!!!

Barion-Zara said:
Kazuma seems awesome though. Loved how he bowed to Yato at the end. That really raised my curiosity quite a lot. There seems to be something Veena doesn't know only Kazuma does.
I believe you're right about it!!

Nora, Nora, who are you, Nora?? And more precisely what exactly are you to Yato....you seem to care about him way too much, it's getting suspicious!!! =__='''
Feb 9, 2014 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
The battle between Yato and Bishamon was awesome.

It looked like Yato relied on Nora's help now.
Feb 9, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet, lots of action.
Feb 9, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode, quite a bit of action. Yukine needs to snap out of it ASAP, his emo blues goes on my nerves.

Hiyori so cute.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 9, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
Yato and Yukine needs to fix things up between them. If they doesn't feel comfortable with each other then Yato can't fight.
Feb 9, 2014 12:41 PM

Oct 2011
Oh damn Bishamon. Whoa dat arsenal. A whip, sword, gun, navigator, lion and maybe some type of armor/cloth? No wonder she is The God of War.

So Yato and his regalia Nora killed one of Bishamon's regalia? Thus Nora became evil? I hope to find out soon.

Does Yato and Yukine have a heart to heart conversation later on or soon. I think Yukine doesn't understand Yato's action. Same with Yato with Yukine. But does Yato's blight go away once Yukine and him are in better terms and in sync
( awesome and bad***)

Does Yukine have the power to dispel evil or something??
Feb 9, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
Nice episode.
Yukines evil Eyes when he decided to steal the skate board...
And Yato finally doing some serious fighting. I like it.
Feb 9, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2010
This was another great episode! Plus, we finally got introduced to Bishamon! I've always wondered who she was, ever since she appeared in the opening.

The action scene was also intense, cutting bullets in half doesn't happen nearly enough in anime! Plus, it was nice to see Nora again, even though we don't know who she is, I hope they reveal more about her in the coming episodes! (But considering the show is called NORAgami, they most certainly will)
Feb 9, 2014 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
now i want to know more about Nora....
Feb 9, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome. Absolutely awesome.
Yato and Bishamon's fight was pretty cool.
Hiyori covering for Yukine saying she bought the skateboard.. wonder why..
Maybe she still doesn't trust him.. for one reason or another.
Hiyori was so cute <3
Yato having troubles with Yukine.
LOL Kofuku, jumping into the fight like that.
Nora saving Yato when Kuraha bit Yato
And her offering herself to Yato as replacement for Yukine..
Hm, curious about the story of Kazuma. Maybe there's some sort of connection between Kazuma and Yato?
SandyBoiFeb 9, 2014 1:50 PM
Feb 9, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

Yato's getting more and more intriguing while Yukine's... UGH. He's a plain jerk this episode.

I wouldn't say Hiyori doesn't trust Yato per say but rather she doesn't want Yukine to get into too much trouble. Remember last episode Yato said only humans are good and bad and its up to gods to pass judgement. She didn't want Yukine to get in trouble because he stole.

and yes Nora seems very Yandere.
Feb 9, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2012
Aah really that Bishamon is all like 'How dare you" but well he has to defend himself....
Also Yukine is being annoying but don't really dislike him that much somehow... for now...

But great episode!
Feb 9, 2014 2:44 PM
Apr 2012
Man, I love this show so much. Everything from the art to the soundtrack and characters. Yato's past is being revealed every episode. Truly is a good watch.
Feb 9, 2014 3:06 PM

Dec 2008
Yuki has got to go, and Bishamonten just needs to stop.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaFeb 9, 2014 3:23 PM
Feb 9, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely Anime of the Season.

Yukineeeeeeee. I love you and you're adorable but GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 9, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty damn intense.I want more, the episode went by so fast ;_;
Yukine...he just have to understand some things.I think its matter of time until he becomes a strong regalia.Yato has to explain him everything, like why did he really kill Bishamon's regalia.
Kofuku is awesome xD also, Nora is yet another interesting character.Everyone has to agree, that this show has some awesome and mysterious characters you want to know more about.

Anyways, i cannot wait until next episode.Im really hyped now.
Feb 9, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2013
N.O.R.A.
Feb 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
Yukine was more annoying than usual this episode. I commend Yato's patience, if I was him I'd just have whipped out Nora. She looks shady but at least she's reliable and wouldn't give him soul pains. Probably.
Feb 9, 2014 3:20 PM

Aug 2012
The fight was great. Bishamon is a very dynamic fighter, makes you see how resourceful Yato is in a pinch. That slice on Kuraha was awesome, but obviously he was lucky Nora was there.

Kazuma is certainly interesting with his out of place bow. I was thinking since he's a tracker he would notice Hiyori, and it looks like he did from the preview.

Kofuku opening the vent and then realizing that was bad was hilarious.

Had "blight" been mentioned before now? I feel like it has but I don't remember an explanation on how a regalia's thoughts/actions effect the god.
Feb 9, 2014 3:25 PM

Mar 2013
Yukine is going to feel like a real asshole when he finds out what he's doing to Yato

Nora seems really interesting. I want to know what's up with her and Yato

Bishamon seems really blind with revenge. There must be an explanation since Kazuma has no source of hatred for Yato
Feb 9, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2013
Damn. Great episode and fight. I know Yato has to be lying to Yukine about why he killed Bishamon's Regalia. Kazuma is suspicious because he harbors no hate for Yato and almost seems remorseful. Yukine needs to man up because he's really hurting Yato but I understand his feelings because Yato isn't telling him everything. This anime is getting good. Kofuku is such a cutie.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 9, 2014 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
Here comes Kofuku to save Yato's butt.

Why is Yukine being so whiny, kinda annoying tbh.
My Candies:
Feb 9, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nora is quite a mysterious regalia
Feb 9, 2014 4:42 PM
Aug 2008
I made this because Kofuku is so incredibly cute

I could watch it all day.
Feb 9, 2014 5:15 PM
Sep 2013
Yato probably killed her regalia because he/she was bad. Before I was thinking that Nora was the regalia that he did kill because of that 'ghost' icon on her head, but now I think he used her to kill Bishamon's regalia, whoever that may be.

Anyway, sucks that we're halfway through the show already. Yato's such a Badass main character, and a lot of MC's need to take a page out of his book.

And seriously Yukine needs to snap out of it. He's reminding me of Simon pre-Kamina-death.
Feb 9, 2014 5:28 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
TheTwinGardeners said:
Wow, what did the nora use on Kuraha?

It's something I think shinki can do to each other, though I don't know if it was explained how it works. But basically it's you can restrain them by saying the name of the shinki and "restraint," or something like that.

AlexTheRiot said:

Had "blight" been mentioned before now? I feel like it has but I don't remember an explanation on how a regalia's thoughts/actions effect the god.

I'm pretty sure it has been explained. It's basically negative thoughts/feelings/guilty action from a shinki "pricks" the god the shinki is connected to. Too much can cause bruises (or something like that) to the god and it affects their overall well-being too. Yukine's negative thoughts and his actions have been pricking Yato too much and that's why he was out of shape in this episode.

Yay we get to see Kazuma! Love that guy. Him bowing to Yato really is mysterious, one can only wonder what happened in the past between the two gods since Bishamon has a grudge against Yato for killing her shinki yet Kazuma seems to feel otherwise.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.