Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever find yourself unable to stop thinking about certain anime or manga?

New
Feb 9, 2014 5:39 AM

Jun 2013
Question in the title.

For me there are a few series that always come back to me with all sorts of "what-ifs" and "if only this had happened" type of thoughts no matter how long it's been since I watched them.

One of them is the Ichigo 100% manga. I don't know why but I can never stop thinking about the way it ended. I actually didn't care who he ended up with since I liked all the heroines and I think that is the problem. If there was one I liked more than the others then I would have been able to get over it with either being disappointed or happy at the end. Maybe it's because it was my first romance/harem that I can't get over it since I wasn't used to the genre.

This also happens to me a lot with open-ended series like "Cowboy Bebop", "Samurai Champloo", and "Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!". I like my endings nicely wrapped up since my thoughts will keep me awake late into the night with all sorts of questions.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 9, 2014 5:43 AM

Aug 2012
I can't stop thinking about two anime: One Piece and Magi.

One Piece probably because the last opening was 100% fanservice. I mean, show this to any One Piece fan and he will have orgasms. It opens so many possibilities, it even looks like fan-fiction.

And Magi because the anime is awesome and has a lot of potential, I am really curious about whati s going to happen
Feb 9, 2014 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
I can't stop thinking about Tiger and Bunny. It makes me want to go all out on buying franchise and measly things like that, and I re watch the same episodes over...and over...and over...There is no end.
Feb 9, 2014 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
lupadim said:

One Piece probably because the last opening was 100% fanservice. I mean, show this to any One Piece fan and he will have orgasms. It opens so many possibilities, it even looks like fan-fiction.

Sanji fighting on par with Kizaru is definitely fan-fiction, also they messed up Blackbeard's nose. Grrr. But it's an OK opening.

On topic: It happens from time to time but it never lasts more than a few days. When I finished the season 1 of One Piece and Omoide Poro Poro.
Feb 9, 2014 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
Sung-Hwan said:
I am not insane. I would be deeply concerned if someone's interests in anime or manga turned into an obsession that slowly began to consume their mind.
Not like I obsess over it but I just keep thinking about it whenever I have nothing else to think about. It doesn't consume my every waking moment.
Feb 9, 2014 5:57 AM

Oct 2013
FreshPrinceofMAL said:

This also happens to me a lot with open-ended series like "Cowboy Bebop", "Samurai Champloo", and "Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!". I like my endings nicely wrapped up since my thoughts will keep me awake late into the night with all sorts of questions.

I haven't seen much anime, but only one so far that left me intrigued was Cowboy Bebop.
Feb 9, 2014 5:59 AM
Sep 2013
Not unable, maybe unwilling.

I like to think about shows like Nana because of how realistic the characters are, so I wonder what I would have did in the situation they were in, or what another character would have done... or what would happen if a certain character made a different decision during a crucial moment.

It's the complex and/or longer anime that get me to not want to stop thinking about them.
Feb 9, 2014 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
Sung-Hwan said:
I am not insane. I would be deeply concerned if someone's interests in anime or manga turned into an obsession that slowly began to consume their mind.

Having it constantly on your mind doesn't equate to insanity. Your post is a bit ironic considering your thread posting background.

@ OP - I recently finished Kara no Kyoukai and various ideas and events from it have been constantly flooding my mind. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it feels like the more time that passes since I watched it, the deeper it sinks into my thoughts. I have a feeling it's going to keep me pondering for weeks to come.
Feb 9, 2014 6:12 AM

Jun 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
@ OP - I recently finished Kara no Kyoukai and various ideas and events from it have been constantly flooding my mind. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it feels like the more time that passes since I watched it, the deeper it sinks into my thoughts. I have a feeling it's going to keep me pondering for weeks to come.
I know that feeling all too well. It's probably a good thing if a series is able to do this to you.
Feb 9, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
Sung-Hwan said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Sung-Hwan said:

Having it constantly on your mind doesn't equate to insanity. Your post is a bit ironic considering your thread posting background.

You're not aware of those people that are so obsessed with anime that they stop interacting with friends and family altogether, hole themselves up in their rooms without seeing daylight for days or worse, and even begin to confuse reality with anime itself, which leads to public indecency or things that I would not like to think of.

The OP is clearly fine from what I see in his response, but you get the idea of what kind of people I was referring to.
Ah! The neo-cavemen of most ancient legend. Fearsome figures of another world! Bringers of calamity, scourge of the west; bane of the east. An undead kind whom might bring about the destruction of Animedom itself! Long have we battled their kind. Long have they prevailed. Ever shall they reign.
Feb 9, 2014 6:22 AM
May 2010
Yea, kind of. At least, there are a lot of anime/vns that I very frequently think about. I dont think its quite 'unable' to though. I simply never plan on trying to stop. I enjoy thinking about them so why would I?
Worships Asparagus.
Feb 9, 2014 6:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I couldn't stop thinking about Rewrite and MLA for months after I finished them, dunno if I'd call that a straight-up obsession though

Anime- & Manga-wise probably not.. although I still go back and rewatch some segments of S;G and reread some TLRD chapters every so often
Feb 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
I can't stop thinking about two anime: One Piece

How the hell can one stop thinking about it?
That shit is predicted to go on for like the next 10 million years -_-
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Feb 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
no i never did i always start to forgot about anime 1 month after i stop watching them :P
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 9, 2014 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
Hyouka
I don't feel like putting a spoiler tag. Let's just say the way the series ended makes me beg for the second season. Even one episode is enough. I just get the feeling something might happen.

One Piece
I didn't realize it myself until recently when I talked to my friend, she said, "It feels weird. You didn't talk about One Piece, but talked about the other thing? It didn't sound like you."
Feb 9, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
All the time

Anything that is good will stay for a bit, coming up every now and again afterwards
wanderingplayboy said:
Hyouka
I don't feel like putting a spoiler tag. Let's just say the way the series ended makes me beg for the second season. Even one episode is enough. I just get the feeling something might happen.
It was quite mean to end the series right when something was going to happen...
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Feb 9, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, sometimes I spend time contemplating whatever series I was watching in my post-anime depression. It can be a little hard to leave a world, setting and characters that you've immersed yourself with and enjoyed.
Feb 9, 2014 9:25 AM

Jan 2014
Sung-Hwan said:

Correction, you ARE insane, as you are obsessed with Clannad. Hurdurrrr
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Feb 9, 2014 9:28 AM
Aug 2013
Ugh always, everytime i finish a really good anime with characters ive completely fallen in love with.
Feb 9, 2014 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Certain series that have a huge impact on me typically stay fresh in my mind for awhile. Bakemonogatari & it's related series are a good example of this; since watching them, I haven't been able to get my mind off of what's going to happen next. Waiting is extremely painful. Emotionally, I crave more. I begin to formulate theories, track developments to hopefully discover what might happen next, or replay pivotal moments in my head to discern any hidden clues or details that I may have missed before.

Very few series will take it to that level for me, but if they do, then my mind will start the above process if it's not preoccupied with real life or more pressing matters.
Feb 9, 2014 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Sung-Hwan said:

You're not aware of those people that are so obsessed with anime that they stop interacting with friends and family altogether, hole themselves up in their rooms without seeing daylight for days or worse, and even begin to confuse reality with anime itself, which leads to public indecency or things that I would not like to think of.

The OP is clearly fine from what I see in his response, but you get the idea of what kind of people I was referring to.

But you unarguably exaggerated there. The topic was simply on anime that affects you so much that for days you can't help thinking of it. Feeling that is completely healthy, it occurs with all kinds of storytelling mediums. When i finished reading 'The Book Thief', for example, i just couldn't stop musing about its ending for days.

Certainly there are the scarily obsessed fans, but that wasn't the point of the topic.

On topic, an anime that led me to some days of wonder was Lain, and i still get mesmerized whenever i decide to re-watch it. I think this is the most affecting thing i've ever watched. Nothing before made me get so addicted to its story.
AstronomyDomineFeb 9, 2014 9:41 AM
Feb 9, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
Gantz - what the hell went wrong?? so good, so BAD

Berserk - i don't think i'll ever get closure, even though i haven't quite finished currently available manga

Loveless - just give me more already. vague show, but intriguing premise
Feb 9, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
Aylaine said:
Certain series that have a huge impact on me typically stay fresh in my mind for awhile. Bakemonogatari & it's related series are a good example of this; since watching them, I haven't been able to get my mind off of what's going to happen next. Waiting is extremely painful. Emotionally, I crave more. I begin to formulate theories, track developments to hopefully discover what might happen next, or replay pivotal moments in my head to discern any hidden clues or details that I may have missed before.

Very few series will take it to that level for me, but if they do, then my mind will start the above process if it's not preoccupied with real life or more pressing matters.

I couldn't agree with you more. That one left behind some good emotional impact, but like you said the entire series makes you feel so much for the excellently developed characters. Kind of like a mixture of heart-wrench and joy I guess.

The only other two that I wasn't able to stop thinking about was Honey and Clover and Sakamichi No Apollon. They left behind a long trail of deep distinct messages that resonated deep as they were so easy to relate to and understand. That and the fact they were excellent anime made it that much harder to get over.
Feb 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2010
One Piece. Ever since it became my favorite anime I think about it often. Of what's already happened and what's to become of it. For the first months after it became my favorite anime I thought about it all day, when I was in the shower I'd go over my favorite fights or powers, etc.
Feb 9, 2014 9:54 AM
Jul 2013
AstronomyDomine said:
Sung-Hwan said:

But you unarguably exaggerated there. The topic was simply on anime that affects you so much that for days you can't help thinking of it. Feeling that is completely healthy, it occurs with all kinds of storytelling mediums. When i finished reading 'The Book Thief', for example, i just couldn't stop musing about its ending for days.

Certainly there are the scarily obsessed fans, but that wasn't the point of the topic.

On topic, an anime that led me to some days of wonder was Lain, and i still get mesmerized whenever i decide to re-watch it. I think this is the most affecting thing i've ever watched. Nothing before made me get so addicted to its story.

Misinterpreted the title. Anyways, seemed derailing so I got rid of them.

I almost always have Haruhi Suzumiya on my mind.
Feb 9, 2014 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
I to think about one piece too much. I also tend to thnk about manga I have just completed, though not anime, for some odd reason
Feb 9, 2014 12:48 PM

May 2013
The KEY visual novels that got turned into anime really stick in my mind.
Feb 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2009
One show in particular, mainly because of all the animation project ideas that I have for it.

Feb 9, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
Usually it happens in romances or intensive fighting scenes in shounens unfinished and left for the next episode.
I dont know how I end up liking more . for instance in romances , the past girlfriend or childhood friend.
Lately I've started watching Golden Time and stopped at episode 12 and now its way too painful to watch furthermore so I'll start watching it when the serie ends.

For shounens it happened only with Bleach and One Piece.
For Bleach its the Aizen final episodes.....where Ichigo trains and all episodes afterwards in Aizens arc.
For One Piece , the most recent one , is when Crocodile did something (to avoid spoiling and I'm too lazy to tab it properly) to Luffy before Luffy comes at the Palace as "Water Luffy" . It freaked me out and the thought was bugging me , I knew that he is still alive but.....you get the idea.

Oh , and for me , whenever I re-watch the final episode of Haganai NEXT I find myself thinking about it for atleast 2 weeks.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Feb 9, 2014 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
Moog- said:
Yeah, sometimes I spend time contemplating whatever series I was watching in my post-anime depression. It can be a little hard to leave a world, setting and characters that you've immersed yourself with and enjoyed.
^ this, for pretty much most every anime I've watched.

I also can't stop thinking about a lot of series that is currently airing that I have either caught up with or am marathoning.

Atm, that would be Magi, Hunter x Hunter, and Log Horizon.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 9, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
Gunslinger Girl kept me in it's grasp for quite a while, 'cause the girls in the series feel like they are happy with the lives they currently live, but how much of that statement is really true? The environments in which the girls live is just so depressing and in the end they are mostly used as tools by government agencies to do their dirty work.

I can't help but wonder if they ever thought about an more ordinary or "normal" existence. When I watched this anime I just wanted to get those girls out of that mind-numbing place and let them do the things an average teenage girl would do. But maybe I'm overanalyzing the plot at this point... I dunno. Still a great show, nonetheless!
Feb 9, 2014 3:17 PM

Feb 2013
Yes I do. Right now the two main ones are Hunter x Hunter and One Piece.
Feb 9, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
One Piece. Ever since it became my favorite anime I think about it often. Of what's already happened and what's to become of it. For the first months after it became my favorite anime I thought about it all day, when I was in the shower I'd go over my favorite fights or powers, etc.

No offense but I loled when I read the bolded part.

I used to think about a lot of great anime (like One Piece), now I still do but not all the time, but, now, all I can think about is this great OP song,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtW-vyFro0k
I have lost count of how many times I've hit the replay button.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Feb 2013
I had this with Slayers, Ugly Yet Beautiful World anime and Litchi DE Hikari Club manga
Bokurano and Rahxephon a bit too, but not as strong because they had enough content and a good ending
Feb 9, 2014 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
I can be so obsessed over an anime that i think about it all the time and even dream about it.
I watch funny scenes on youtube and create my own stories about the show.
Feb 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2010
ToG25thBaam said:
[No offense but I loled when I read the bolded part.
It's ok. The shower is a great place to think as you're attention isn't taken away by something else.
Feb 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
Chibi-Alice said:

I create my own stories about the show.

Yeah I did this a lot too. Just in my head though. I daydreamed a lot about Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Baccano and Clannad
Feb 9, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2012
hunter x hunter was all i thought about after i binge-tastically ripped through the first 110 episodes. like a kid on christmas. i thought about the characters constantly, esp gon, killua and hisoka.

i don't know if i'm happy or sad its slowed down. it can be exhilirating to be obsessed, but sort of annoying. i've calmed down now that its week to week.
Feb 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
Gonna throw in another one for One Piece. Didn't really realize I was so obsessed until my brother pointed out that's all I talked about and went to Youtube for after catching up, even while watching other series.

Heck, themes and characters I didn't like so much the first time through have become my favourite stuff ever after revisiting them over and over again.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 9, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
I can't stop thinking about Baccano, Fairy Tail, and probably Gurren Lagann because...they are just in my head almost every freaking day
"Just who the hell do you think I am?!"-Kamina, Gurren Lagaan
Feb 9, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
ToG25thBaam said:
It's ok. The shower is a great place to think as you're attention isn't taken away by something else.
I do this too, though when I'm in the shower I usually just sing. Most of my best thinking is done on the toilet.

For shows like One Piece I usually try to throw myself somewhere in the story (usually as the 10th nakama) and interact with the rest of the world. I daydream way too much.
Feb 9, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
ToG25thBaam said:

lol
It makes me remember when I used Luffy's picture as material for my cryptography paper just because I couldn't think of anything else.
Feb 9, 2014 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
One Piece

it's just a huge series with so many possibilities and such a huge world.
Feb 9, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ToG25thBaam said:
I do this too, though when I'm in the shower I usually just sing. Most of my best thinking is done on the toilet.

For shows like One Piece I usually try to throw myself somewhere in the story (usually as the 10th nakama) and interact with the rest of the world. I daydream way too much.
I don't ever sing.

I do that sometimes, though for some reason I'm already content with their crew, don't really feel the need to add anything.

wanderingplayboy said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ToG25thBaam said:

lol
It makes me remember when I used Luffy's picture as material for my cryptography paper just because I couldn't think of anything else.
I did that for carving a pumpkin. Had no idea what to do so I just made their jolly roger.
Feb 10, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2013
Senran Kagura, Guilty Crown, and Evangelion (original).

SK: Its remains one of my favorite FS-esque franchises and whenever I see another FS anime, I can't help but compare it to SK.

GC: It left a void in my heart. It's first season scratched an itch few anime have been able to sate and its lackluster second season left me wanting more.

EVA: I'm working my way through the anime, manga and, soon, the movies. Must...finish...
Feb 10, 2014 12:59 AM

Aug 2013
DBZ but not as much as when I was a kid. I constantly think about a new perfected Dragon Ball series that would annihilate the big 3 in popularity. I think about it so much that I wish that I could just meet Akira Toriyama and just tell him about all my ideas to continue the series.
Feb 10, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2011
Hajime no Ippo
Can't get this out from my head.. almost every details, even the background music is like playing in my mind

Also One Piece
As mentioned above, i've been even thinking about this happy ending possibility

**☾**
Feb 10, 2014 1:06 AM

Apr 2012
I was pretty smitten with Spice and Wolf when I finished both seasons. I still crave a season 3 even though the chances are slim. Just love the character interactions between Lawrence and Holo, and the show just had a certain charm/atmosphere to it.

Feb 10, 2014 1:24 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, Monster Musume keeps popping up at least once or twice in my mind every day.
Feb 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
That would be Naruto.

I re-watched the whole series from start till the latest episode. Not only that but I re-played Naruto ultimate ninja storm series. So I went through the story twice. I also listened to all the soundtrack collections and all of the OPs/EDs, found a lot of new favorite songs there. I also read every interview of Kishimoto I could find and checked some trivia for fun about the series. @_@

Thanks to that, I think about it a lot. I keep arguing in my head whether or not to read the manga or continue with the anime...really tough choice for me, dunno what to do. I plan to read the manga from the start when it finishes. I feel like a part of me is gonna die when it ends....
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - 55 minutes ago

19 by Pinoffin »»
46 seconds ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

128 by -YaoiBoy- »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

213 by Catalano »»
16 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - 5 hours ago

28 by -Ryu »»
16 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

2 by IpreferEcchi »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.