Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
So did Dan make that final basket? Was that shot for the win of for a tie?

And if he missed, wtf why can't he ever make the big shots?
Jun 1, 2009 9:27 PM

Aug 2008
Ok episode. Lots of fanservice, and Dan chokes in the clutch as always. I don't really understand why these girls want to play Basquash, but I guess it really doesn't matter. I would like more plot and less "game of the week" in the set up though.
Jun 2, 2009 12:25 AM
Mar 2008
I can't really tell what genre this is, since everytime they develop the plot they seem to have a match in between. At least for this time, the sports are pretty amusing although not very exciting. This episode was great anyway, I loved the beginning! Just worried about too many characters popping up before the 26 eps are over.
Jun 2, 2009 12:23 PM

Jul 2008
so now dan has another girl after him? is now becoming a harem anime too? anyways that was a cheap way of winning to just end it when your ahead, bad sportsmanship >_<
but at least they tied in the end, though this proves dan can't perform when hes needed
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 3, 2009 1:25 PM

Feb 2009
Dan x Rouge = impossible because Dan is gay. Otherwise he would have done every girl in his harem already.

Oh and the manager must die for hitting Megumi, I mean Citron. And what's with using french names for the idols? Who wants to be called a lemon anyway?
Jun 5, 2009 1:04 PM

Apr 2009
I actually thought this was the best episode so far. When everyone was telling me "OMG THIS IS GONNA BE THE NEXT TTGL" I was expecting more hotblooded robot basketball and less Aquarion-esque villains ( like next episode -.- ). Instead it has been mostly them running around, not doing much of anything except for talking about going to the moon, with like 3 minutes (max) of actual action in an episode.

And what's with using french names for the idols? Who wants to be called a lemon anyway?

You aren't serious, right? Rouge is red. Violetta is purple. Citron is yellow, just in case you are. And it's universal names for the colors that pretty much everyone will 'get', even if they localize the anime. It's better than using the Japanese names for the colours and American viewers not getting the puns.
Jun 5, 2009 1:27 PM

Apr 2009
Rouge is so awesome, not least of all because she's voiced by Haruka Tomatsu.
When I saw her last episode I was, "I've heard that voice before...but where??" and now finally now. So yeah, <3 much.
Also nice to see that, in fact, those 3 girls from the opening do in fact have roles in the anime proper. Their appearance in the intro always struck me as a bit odd, especially since I know Tomatsu, for example, as a voice actress first and singer second.

An interesting episode to say the least. Lots of sexeh action in it. I was satisfied on all counts by this one, and I agree it was surprisingly well-paced.

Unusual way of plugging the songs, too. Kinda clever.
Oooh Miss Alicia
It's our own secret garden
Lesbians at war
Jun 5, 2009 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
Kaidyn said:
And what's with using french names for the idols? Who wants to be called a lemon anyway?

You aren't serious, right? Rouge is red. Violetta is purple. Citron is yellow, just in case you are. And it's universal names for the colors that pretty much everyone will 'get', even if they localize the anime. It's better than using the Japanese names for the colours and American viewers not getting the puns.

Yeah thanks for the translation, but since I've lived in France for about 12 years now, I kind of, you know, "get it". :P

But I still find it stupid to use foreign names in animes without a good reason, hence why I used "lemon". In Beck for example, they used american names since Ray lived in New York before coming to Japan. Here the french names just sound retarded, especially for someone who speaks the language, so I would've found japanese names more suitable. But I'm not taking this seriously of course, this is Basquash after all. :D
Jun 6, 2009 3:41 AM
May 2009
Somehow, the story hasn't really grabbed me yet. I didn't find the three idols to be particularly interesting characters but their manager has a certain pantomime villain quality to him. Is there anything more dastardly than slapping a loli around?
Jun 6, 2009 2:03 PM

May 2007
Pretty good episode, considering the series. Loving the fast-paced action and music to go along with it.
Jun 12, 2009 2:55 AM
Jul 2008
Rouge <3
Jun 20, 2009 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
Rouge is awesome and cute in that episode, and the idols are great as well. Dan x Rouge = Impossible.
Jun 27, 2009 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
I liked this episode, it showed the possibility of Dan x Rouge romance XD
Iceman was so awesome with his destroy ball and generally, yes, dan is getting stronger D=
note: I didnt expect eclipse to be that strong.

Jul 12, 2009 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
Never thought the Giga Dunk Breaker would fail.
Sep 2, 2012 10:02 PM
Jul 2012
Definetly another great episode. Really didn't expect Eclipse to actually be that good with them just now deciding to form a team and everything. Can't wait to see what the whole "secret plan" they're hiding.
Nov 6, 2012 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
This show is getting more and more interesting...

It'll be interesting to see how the GF & BF thing works out in the future of this show ^_^

Jun 19, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
What a lucky bastard. Rogue is hot and that match was electrifying. I think she might of fell for him after the match even though the score was close. Damn, best episode yet so far.
May 15, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
Nice ep. I'm interested in seeing if these idols become more involved in the main story.
Jan 9, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2015
Surprising turn of events with the idols forming their team and actually being fair competition for our main characters. With Rouge showing up and looking like she will be the love interest for Dan, I feel bad for Miyuki - she will be getting friend-zoned so hard and I really like her character.

Jul 9, 2021 3:58 AM

Jul 2015
Poor Dan only wants to play some basquash and go to the moon, but suddenly turned into the boyfriend of some weird idol. Well at least the idols were formed quite the formidable opponents

More topics from this board

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 25, 2009

37 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 8:47 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 11 Discussion

Quickfox - Jun 11, 2009

28 by mahoazuma »»
Jul 26, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lueser - Oct 1, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 10 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jun 5, 2009

39 by Archean-Return »»
May 29, 2023 4:28 AM

Poll: » Basquash! Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Sep 25, 2009

24 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 10, 2021 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.