Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 5:25 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Knowing that Sayaka is being controlled, Ureshiko leaves Tatsumi, transforms, and flies out. Chane and Hermes, in crow form, block her path and attack her, but she is saved when Valentine comes to help her. Bruga joins the fray and engages Valentine in a fight. She lands a hit, but quickly retreats afterwards knowing that she’s gone too far. Yuki, before she disappears to Realm, gives Ureshiko one more present in the form of materializing Tatsumi on Ureshiko’s broomstick. Sayaka, free of hypnosis, realizes what she’s doing.

Since she can’t seem to stop the spell or take off the ring, she can only think about what type of world she creates. Remembering Yuki’s words of wanting to keep things the same, she starts to understand what she has to do. After seeing the skies brighten, Ureshiko worries about her actions’ effect on Cruje. Unsure of what sort of world Cruje will to create, Ureshiko doesn’t want to lose Tatsumi. He reassures her that he won’t disappear, and they share a hug and then a kiss.

However, Tatsumi soon fades away as a bright light overcomes the current world. When Ureshiko wakes up, she finds Tatsumi, Oba-chan, and Freya waiting for her. The world Cruje created is still the same one as the one her mother did. At school, Sayaka’s friends seem to remember a fire, but the school is completely intact. At a celebration of Tamotsu’s new book, Tatsumi approaches the author and asks him to give up Ureshiko, saying that he loves her. Tamotsu punches him, but later smiles and tells him to take care of her happiness. Ureshiko voices over several shots of the town, explaining that that her mother created this world known as Wonderland and that this town will never disappear.

So they showed the same transformation sequence for Ureshiko that they’ve been using this entire series. The finale of Oku-sama wa Mahou Shoujo doesn’t disappoint with great animation, great music, and the kiss we’ve been building up to for the entire series now. This ends how you’d think it would: Sayaka doesn’t really change anything, Tatsumi and Ureshiko kiss, and Tamotsu gives her up. But for the lack of any real big surprises, they made up for in quality. The music crescendos when Tatsumi and Ureshiko finally kiss, making that quite a powerful scene.
Dec 28, 2012 11:01 AM

May 2007
I want to watch this but after reading that, I sorta want to pass this anime. A husband is pretty much forced to give up on his wife.......that is f*cked up, she chooses the new guy over the husband who fell in love with her and married her but wasn't given any "physical" affection because she will lose her powers.

This sucks.....imo.

I know this anime is probably really good but the thought is quite painful.
Sep 15, 2015 7:48 AM

May 2008
Quite a nice show if you ignore the weird transformation fanservice.
Jan 8, 2017 12:57 PM

Jul 2014
I'm surprised by mostly happy ending. But did Ureshiko really lose her powers? Because she did not transform immediately after the kiss.
Aug 8, 2020 8:13 PM

Dec 2015
So the only change Cruje did was restore the school which is nice, but she could add a funfair that she wanted to go in the beginning.

Good anime, I think, especially the ED. A magical girl show handling some mature tones similarly to Utena and Princess Tutu, but not as good in its plot and presentation compared to these two I mentioned.
Sep 30, 2020 7:51 AM
Mar 2020
Has she never had sex with her husband?
Aug 3, 2021 5:58 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah they finally kissed... And now everything is resolved, happy ending but still a flat one.
Mar 31, 2022 1:35 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not satisfied in the least.
the setup was very mature, allowing things to unfold in unusual way, but it went the road most traveled.
the characters all played their roles splendidly, and that's it.
the art was just barely acceptable.
for a love story that tries hard to sell how beautiful the town/word is, and how precious the people in it are to ureshiko, as the viewer I felt none of that. she kept saying it but her actions weren't there.
everyone was shown selfish and indecisive as usual to dramas. if anything, it reflected how the adult world works. down to the point I felt déja vu at times. the love story itself didn't go deep, it's a "I love her because she's kind" situation. sure I would fall for a friendly older woman too. but that's all she was.
I feel anyone would have done a better job than Nishikiori.
the show has so much downtime, that I feel making it a 3 part ova would've benefited it greatly. either use your runtime for something meaningful and drive the point home, or don't waste my time. they could have easily shown ureshiko doing good deeds around town to get her mind off of her failures, the mc finding meaning in his work, and sayaka slowly accepting to love the world the way it is.
instead ureshiko mopes around, mc finds it unfair that he's treated this way and doesn't seem to care about anybody outside of common courtesy. sayaka is nonstop upset, rejecting everything until she just changes her mind all of a sudden. ureshiko's husband is just an asshat until the end.
the world must be recreated by an incompetent emotionally unstable person, and the result will always be that person not changing a thing. how evangelion. clapped.
I'm really just sad because there was potential in this.
nyugvo6Mar 31, 2022 1:52 AM
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 15, 2022 1:36 AM

Aug 2014
This anime was meh, and that saddens me very much.

This anime had potential to be very spicy, mainly since the female MC is a beauty with a niceeee body, and it looked like it will deal with its issues in a spicy way. but the anime overall was just meh.  It should have been 10 episodes and not 13 episodes, to speed the pacing a bit.

Again, it started fine, but then it just lost its spark halfway through.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 1:39 AM
Jun 18, 2023 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
So did he know that the adult Sayaka was... Sayaka?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 3, 2021 4:33 AM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 10:39 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 10:15 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 9 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 7:35 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 8 Discussion

3 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.