Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 5:12 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Asaba Ureshiko is a magical girl, but she’s getting, well, old (at the ripe age of 27). She’s a bit of a klutz, as shown by when she trys to fix a vacuum using magic and screws it up. In fact, there’s a new girl in town, Kurenai Sayaka, who wants to replace her. When Sayaka goes crazy in her new school using her magic, it’s Ureshiko who arrives to stop her. Sayaka wants Ureshiko’s ring, but after Ureshiko refuses, we start a chase scene. Our male lead, Kagura Tatsumi, happens to be in a car that hits Sayaka’s broom.

Fortunately Ureshiko was there to throw up a shield on Sayaka before she got hit. Tatsumi gets a brief glimpse of Ureshiko in her mahou shoujo outfit before she flies off and disappears. The irony here is that Tatsumi is on his way to Ureshiko’s home to live with her and oba-chan. He’s formally introduced this time, and questions her about seeing her earlier, but she feigns ignorance. While moving his furniture in, they have a accident that lands Tatsumi on top of her, causing her to use her magic to push him away. The oba-chan comes along and says that Tatsumi shouldn’t mess with a married woman.

Later, Ureshiko brings Tatsumi to see her favorite spot overlooking the city. That night, Tatsumi is lying in bed when Ureshiko arrives to help him unpack. She loses her balance putting some books up, but Tatsumi manages to catch her. The two almost kiss, but Ureshiko stops him, saying that they can’t.
Dec 20, 2009 7:56 AM

Jul 2009
A lonely hot married milf witch having a distance to her husband caught up with a new young guy eh..i didn't really like that kind of plot remind me of some hentai plot..i thought some pure love but..this seems to be an affair to me..can't enjoy it.. probably will try 2 or 3 episode until i dropped it..
Mar 2, 2011 1:19 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Kind of hard to be a milf if you don't have any kids.
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Jan 8, 2017 4:36 AM

Jul 2014
That was really good first episode. Magical girl that's hardly a girl (27 year old O_o) is not something one see very often.

The OP song did not make strong first impression on me, but the ED song is simply great.
Aug 1, 2021 4:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
She doesn't act like a married woman at all, she looks mentally 16 years old xD that was fun though, I wonder what will happen next

More topics from this board

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

9 by JustMonaka »»
Jun 18, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 3, 2021 4:33 AM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 10:39 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 10:15 PM

Poll: » Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo Episode 9 Discussion

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 2, 2021 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.