Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 29, 2009 11:40 PM

Jun 2007
dbaranyi said:
And, of course, there appears to be little limit to the god-like powers of the technology here, such as the ability of the Eden S/W to identify people instantly from the rear. Isn't this series set next year?

That aside, this was certainly a leisurely episode. One would think that this was a 26 or 52 episode series at this rate.

Oh yeah, I "forgot", there will be a movie afterwards.

It's very possible to do, the technology is already out in fact an Israel based company just came out with a facebook app and site that uses face recognition to find images of your friends. abide it's nowhere near as accurate as how they portray it in the anime lol.

PS. looks like eden is a giant social tagging database. It's no wonder Ohsugi points out that there's so much info about university kids :P. They probably all tag each other or themselves like on facebook and other popular web2.0 sites.

As for the episode numbers...isn't it kind of ironic that theres 12 Selecao members and there's 11 episodes plus a movie (12 in total)? Kind of makes you wonder if they planned it out that way but then figured there was no way to finish this show in 11 episodes so why not make a movie XD.
May 30, 2009 12:21 AM

Oct 2008
Good episode, but with three episodes left I think they screwed themselves over. How the hell is this going to reach a plausible and satisfactory ending? The 11 episodes plus a movie is rather lame. Hope they don't do it that way. I'd rather them release another season or extend the # of episodes.

Lol, as always looking forward to the next episode. I wonder whether or not they will turn on Takizawa.
ManifestMay 30, 2009 12:40 AM
May 30, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
so further investigation about takizawa. it certainly will clash between him and ohsugi one day.

May 30, 2009 12:57 AM
Mar 2009
What about him saying there are 12 selecao?! Didn't that seem kind of strange?
May 30, 2009 1:29 AM

Oct 2007
A slow episode this time. Ohsugi's starting to annoy me, as well.
May 30, 2009 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
Nice episode, well paced, we had a few tips or misteries about various things (Saki knows that the phone is the key, Ohsugi has seen something -who knows what?-, in the dream Takizawa finds that "white doll" and calls him Johnny...)...

I think XI is not gone for good: after all, she tries to call Takizawa at the very beginning of the episode.

I just found disappointing the total lack of Juiz in this ep... Couldn't Takizawa pull off something just to impress Pantsu? (pantsu ftw!)

edit: Oh, and Ohsugi has been safe the wole time. And surprise? He's a prick. Praise to the "different tie" people, and "lol" at the ones who felt poor for him. :D
DesirioMay 30, 2009 2:01 AM
May 30, 2009 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
We're supposed to be surprised Ohsugi is a prick? I've always gotten that vibe from him.

He's surprisingly like the mass majority of teenage boys in how he's entirely egotistical, has basically closed his mind, and is oblivious of the actual feelings of the person they like because they're too obsessed with themselves. He loves himself and his own vision of Saki, not who Saki really is. Ohsugi really embodies a lot of things that are wrong with the younger generation and I think the show is trying to make a point by establishing him as Akira's "adversary." It's really no coincidence he was the one to leave Eden for an actual job.

But yea... this episode felt like a real waste. I kind of understand the need for a "cool-down" episode after an action-packed episode but I don't agree with how this show is paced or how the episodes are planned.

I'm getting a really bad CG:R2 vibe from this episode... where it just stinks of poor planning.
removed-userMay 30, 2009 2:49 AM
May 30, 2009 2:58 AM

Apr 2008
its really funny when u call someone panties xD lols

May 30, 2009 3:32 AM

May 2008
sigh not really what i was hoping for but i guess the climax was over already?Kinda boring other then the part where Ousugi found out about Takizawa's secret

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 30, 2009 4:31 AM

Feb 2008
Bakayaro said:

I lol'd so hard.

BTW: That guy in the secretary desk makes me sick. Why is he in there? ~_~
May 30, 2009 4:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Compared to last week's episode, this one was almost a bit boring. Looking forward to how it all plays out.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 30, 2009 5:36 AM

Jun 2008
Three episodes left, and it seems like so far from overing in just a mere amount of episodes.
May 30, 2009 6:13 AM

May 2008
So Pantsu ends up being with one those elite programmer/hackers who know pretty much anything that goes on in the world. Ohsugi is totally hot on Akira's ass now that Akira seems to have holding on to numerous identities not to mention he saw what was at the mall.
May 30, 2009 6:21 AM

Apr 2009
De-JaY said:
BTW: That guy in the secretary desk makes me sick. Why is he in there? ~_~

I think the desk is his default place when all the seats are taken in the room (he's been there in this ep and when Takizawa was in the room only). Maybe he is less important than the others in hierarchy, so that's his place... :P
May 30, 2009 6:28 AM

May 2008
i wish they'd hurry it up cause there're only a few more eps left [even though they'd do a movie, i still want more >_<]

i liked Akira's look in the last few seconds of the episode. It kinda gave me the creeps
May 30, 2009 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
Oh well, at least they visited Kyoto. Didn't really like the episode. ''All after Akira'' stuff. Man, predictable. It was kind of weird that Pantsu said that there were only supposed to be 11 Selecao.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 30, 2009 7:29 AM

Jan 2009
SilentFate said:
I didn't find this episode that engaging, with 3 episodes left, i am really hoping they dont merely rush the ending and provide us with at least a decent explanation of all of this. I did like all of Hirasawa's alternate names pop up on Eden though..all in all im just hoping for some explanations and maybe a plot relevation would be nice. Ohsugi annoys me to no end and i hope they kill him off somehow.. but ill just doubt that

Agreed. :P
May 30, 2009 7:41 AM
May 2008
This episode was nice and slow to give a decent build up to answers that will hopefully be revealed in the next episode. I'm still worried if the series will have complete closure by the end... because 3 episodes and a movie doesn't seem like enough.At least half of the Selecao haven't been revealed and we have no "real" idea as to who Takizawa is... not to mention the supporter... so many questions left unanswered.

On a less serious note the screen with Micchon was too cute... well, I guess she just doesn't like panties.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 30, 2009 7:53 AM
May 2008
it seems to me that the ending would not be as leisurely as i hoped. i wonder how they will show all the rest of the selecao in so short a time.
May 30, 2009 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
Akai_Hiya said:
i wish they'd hurry it up cause there're only a few more eps left [even though they'd do a movie, i still want more >_<]

i liked Akira's look in the last few seconds of the episode. It kinda gave me the creeps

So did I... I think it's fair to say that there is a lot about Akira to unravel... I definitely think that he hasn't had much remorse about anything that he has possibly done (NEET extermination/banishment, missile attacks, possibly killing off other Seleçaos, etc.) and his attitude about 'winning the game' shows his ruthless personality. Looking back at the expression he was wearing before he got his memory wiped in the first episode, I definitely think he might be up to no good.

Sigh, just love that character, though... :)

So what DOES Akira want to do with the Eden project? I'm trying to remember what exactly Saki said to him before the infamous kiss? Whatever she said is definitely a clue to what exactly Akira is up to... The face/image recognition program is definitely key to what he is planning, and his main focus seems to be the abolition/reform of the NEET population of Japan. And lets not forget about his involvement with the 'test' missile attacks... What if he was to combine two technologies? The Eden program and the missiles would be something devastating and powerful if they were to be combined... 0_0 The NEET population could be wiped out in a very efficient and precise way...

Also, what did Akira need to do in the States? I think you lose your Seleçao powers if you leave Japan, so what did he go there for? In his room in episode 1, he had weapons, a map of Washington DC with picture of landmarks and the White House, pictures of him and the 20,000 NEETS and many passports... What's the connection there? What is the United States role in the reform of Japan? What was Akira going to do at the White House and what was the gun for? And the nakedness? So many questions.... @_@

Also, he was just about to do something before he answered his phone in episode 1. The fact that he only needed to be TOLD something to have his memory wiped, like a safe word, tells me that he memory loss might not be a permanent thing. Maybe he only need to hear the same words in order to regain his memories? Maybe it's all part of his master plan? Or perhaps it's another Seleçao's doing?

Your thoughts?
May 30, 2009 8:07 AM

Jan 2009
Another thing:

Perhaps Pantsu was part of the NEET group Akira banished to Dubai? He did mention that he became an outcast of society after losing his pants... All of the NEETS Akira tended to had been striped down to undies... I would explain his knowledge of the Seleçaos...

Also, anyone who knows about religion and Messiahs should post what they know: I bet there might be some clues in there on what might happen next.
May 30, 2009 8:12 AM

Mar 2009
Zubatuba said:
Perhaps Pantsu was part of the NEET group Akira banished to Dubai? He did mention that he became an outcast of society after losing his pants... All of the NEETS Akira tended to had been striped down to undies... I would explain his knowledge of the Seleçaos...

no, there would have been an obvious and visual reaction from pantsu when he saw akira were that the case

i think that it will proceed along the lines of:

9 - pantsu fixes the phone, works with akira to find mr. outside, the eden team discovers the neet stuff at the mall and goes to confront akira
10 - they find mr. outside, akira has a fight/discussion with the eden team, ohsugi ends up trusting him, episode ends with akira going to confront mr. outside
11 - confrontation with outside/other selecaos/climax

of course, this could change if the movie is an addition to the plot and not a retelling of the series.
May 30, 2009 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
Ohsugi annoys the crap out of me for no real reason.
The Johnny-hunter should've taken his Johnny. ):
May 30, 2009 8:42 AM

Mar 2009
Ahohime said:
probably because he's a whiny nice guy loser who feels like he's entitled to saki

i mean, that's why i dislike him
May 30, 2009 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
audiodoll said:
Zubatuba said:

no, there would have been an obvious and visual reaction from pantsu when he saw akira were that the case

9 - pantsu fixes the phone, works with akira to find mr. outside, the eden team discovers the neet stuff at the mall and goes to confront akira
10 - they find mr. outside, akira has a fight/discussion with the eden team, ohsugi ends up trusting him, episode ends with akira going to confront mr. outside

of course, this could change if the movie is an addition to the plot and not a retelling of the series.[/quot
audiodoll said:
Zubatuba said:

of course, this could change if the movie is an addition to the plot and not a retelling of the series.

Nothing inclines me to think that all 20,000 NEETs came into contact with Akira... but I do think that Pantsu being in the Dubai NEET group is highly improbable since he was an acting member of society before he lost his pants.
May 30, 2009 9:30 AM

Oct 2007
hm, i wonder why pantsu asked "i thought there were only 11 selecao?".

i'm also incredibly annoyed at ohsugi now. he used to be kind of tolerable, now i just hate whenever he has screentime.
May 30, 2009 9:31 AM

Jan 2009
About the look that Akira has on his face at the end of the episode...

I'm just re-watched the scene, and it goes like this: Pantsu says something about finding a new meaning to his life in the disappearance of the 20,000 NEETs, that he returned to God's side and that he isn't easily fooled. Akira looks like the cat who just caught the mouse and creepily says 'ha'...

Akira seems to have acquired another pawn for the advancement of his master plan... I wonder how the Society program and Pantsu will come into play.
May 30, 2009 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
I didn't think this episode was as exciting as the rest, but it was really interesting. I'm becoming more curious as to how all this will end.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
May 30, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode.
May 30, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Zubatuba said:
Another thing:

Also, anyone who knows about religion and Messiahs should post what they know: I bet there might be some clues in there on what might happen next.

Well he lost his slacks two years ago or something.

very interesting episode btw. and glad to see that akira wasnt castrated.
&sclick
May 30, 2009 9:47 AM
May 2009
Wasabi said:
So Pantsu ends up being with one those elite programmer/hackers who know pretty much anything that goes on in the world. Ohsugi is totally hot on Akira's ass now that Akira seems to have holding on to numerous identities not to mention he saw what was at the mall.

It was already established in the first episode that he has numerous identities, so I'm not really surprised. It was bound to come out again sometime.
May 30, 2009 10:06 AM
Dec 2008
audiodoll said:
interesting. the series moves a bit too quickly for me, but that's alright i guess.

whose phone did he have? was that IV's, or did he actually find it in his mall? i don't remember anything about him finding a second phone.

That was IV's phone. (It was the same color at least.)
May 30, 2009 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
I agree with most of what's been said already, especially with Ohsugi. But he does make for an interesting foil for Akira.

With only three episodes left, I'm going to hold my thoughts for the moment. At this point it seems as if the series will have to be concluded in the form of that movie. I doubt Production I.G. is the master of pacing, i.e. there's no way these last few episodes will have a tidy conclusion that doesn't include a cliff hanger.
May 30, 2009 10:44 AM
Feb 2008
audiodoll said:
Ahohime said:
probably because he's a whiny nice guy loser who feels like he's entitled to saki

i mean, that's why i dislike him

I totally agree on that ,he is really annoying for some reason >.>
May 30, 2009 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
hmm for some reason i gots a feeling Ohsugi will get things mixed up and
make Akira look bad XD

and the Pantsu guy looks quite like a mastermind fit for Akira's true intentions
dam 3 more episodes and it deosnt seem like this anime will end anytime.

Hopefully the movie would answer any questions we have when the series is finished
May 30, 2009 3:10 PM

May 2007
Nothing really happened in this episode though. :\ I hope they know what they're doing? I was hoping Akira would meet Mr. Outside by the end of this series but with the pace of how things going I can'y see how it's possible...

Anyway, Ohsugi is a freaky stalker. But it's good since we're going to find stuff about Akira from him, hehe. Also, I'm confused, which phone are they trying to fix? Is it Akira's or Shiratori's? :x

May 30, 2009 3:28 PM
Dec 2007
Very exciting episode, even for a transition one. Huge developments all around even if we don't get to see them all for now.Too bas there are only 3 episodes and a movie left though...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 30, 2009 6:14 PM

Apr 2007
Is that some hikikomori with the manliest voice ever?
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 30, 2009 7:00 PM

Nov 2006
Desirio said:
I think XI is not gone for good: after all, she tries to call Takizawa at the very beginning of the episode.
i thought that was the phone beeping because Kuroha made a charge.

NoyaChan said:
Also, I'm confused, which phone are they trying to fix? Is it Akira's or Shiratori's? :x
chicharros said:
audiodoll said:
interesting. the series moves a bit too quickly for me, but that's alright i guess.

whose phone did he have? was that IV's, or did he actually find it in his mall? i don't remember anything about him finding a second phone.

That was IV's phone. (It was the same color at least.)
:D
May 30, 2009 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
It was okay. Not much really happened. Ohsugi is such a prissy person. I don.t like him. I'm for his Johnny being taken :)
I'm curious to find out what is on the phone.
Maybe a shocking plot twist?
Hahaa Pantsu was interesting
May 30, 2009 9:52 PM

Mar 2009
i think this was probably the best episode so far by comparison, but i wish this show weren't so obsessed with Johnnies. seriously, stop it!

if the next episode is made of utter fail though, i might drop it, i've been contemplating it or a while, if i were marathoning it, i probably would've dropped it long ago, but at one episode per week, it's a nice distraction while i wait for the new Basquash! to come out.
May 30, 2009 11:52 PM

Apr 2009
I really hate Ohsuji. I wish got his Jonny chopped off. I really like Akira, i dont things to go badly for him. >:[
May 31, 2009 12:51 AM

Oct 2007
nice progression, too bad it stopped just as things were getting started, insterested in seeing where this will go
May 31, 2009 4:08 AM

May 2008
Saki lied and said there was no one at the hotel when she got there. Very interesting.
May 31, 2009 6:55 AM

Mar 2008
Yutaka "Panties" Itazu

Hiyama, Nobuyuki

Has anyone noticed this seiyuu thing? :D
May 31, 2009 7:00 AM
Jun 2008
Another Wtf is happening? episode.
May 31, 2009 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
Bahasuke said:
Yutaka "Panties" Itazu

Hiyama, Nobuyuki

Has anyone noticed this seiyuu thing? :D

o lolz nice spot didnt see that coming
does any one else know other instances like this one? =D
May 31, 2009 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
looks like ohsugi is dead set on finding out who takizawa really is, and just wants to get rid of him, that all there is to it
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 31, 2009 3:40 PM

Aug 2008
I don't really see how people think this was a slow episode. This was "quintessential" EoE where they manage to be pretty contained within location while spewing out lots of plot development from dialogue and characters. Just that first scene with Akira on the couch efficiently squared away all of the questions with Ohsugi in a competent manner. Not to mention the fluid introduction of Pantsu and a little progression on finding out who Akira is by using Ohsugi.

So I am a little bit worried about what's going to happen in the next 3 episodes and movie, but from a storytelling perspective, they've done a really, really good job, and the only thing that should be particularly worrisome is the intrusion of fantastical elements.
May 31, 2009 3:48 PM

Dec 2007
Perhaps the 11 episodes is some sort of "question arc", like it builds up the story, and the movie will conclude everything? if the movie is going to be 1.5 hours, then thats about 4 episodes so it could be done.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.