MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Higashi no Eden Episode 8 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Higashi no Eden »» Higashi no Eden Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Higashi no Eden Episode 8 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

101 46.12%
4 out of 5: Liked it

80 36.53%
3 out of 5: It was OK

29 13.24%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 2.74%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 1.37%
Voters: 219

05-28-09, 9:12 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For those who didn't like the last episode, it seems to be back on track in this one. I personally didn't mind the surrealism of the last one, but I know it turned a lot of people away.

05-28-09, 6:43 PM

One has to wonder how Akira happened to dream of Shiratori with her wings when he was passed out during the "illusion" at the end of the previous episode. And, of course, there appears to be little limit to the god-like powers of the technology here, such as the ability of the Eden S/W to identify people instantly from the rear. Isn't this series set next year?

That aside, this was certainly a leisurely episode. One would think that this was a 26 or 52 episode series at this rate.

Oh yeah, I "forgot", there will be a movie afterwards.

05-29-09, 5:38 PM

Is this even out yet?

05-29-09, 6:12 PM

-Stranger- said:
Is this even out yet?

What, the movie? I don't think so.

Episode 8 ? - yes, it was broadcast Wednesday night. (If you mean fansubs, I have no idea because I watch it in the original Japanese.)

05-29-09, 6:58 PM

dbaranyi said:
-Stranger- said:
Is this even out yet?

What, the movie? I don't think so.

Episode 8 ? - yes, it was broadcast Wednesday night. (If you mean fansubs, I have no idea because I watch it in the original Japanese.)

I mean episode 8 with subs, any idea when it would be out anyone?

wish i understood japanese lol

05-29-09, 7:02 PM

The one from gg is up for grabs.

Also: Pantsu!
Modified by SimsHsia, 05-29-09, 7:06 PM

05-29-09, 7:10 PM

So Pantsu ends up being with one those elite programmer/hackers who know pretty much anything that goes on in the world. Ohsugi is totally hot on Akira's ass now that Akira seems to have holding on to numerous identities not to mention he saw what was at the mall.

05-29-09, 8:20 PM

Well, that was fun. Ohsugi seems to be really good at getting in over his head, but now we know just how many different identities Akira has, or it's more than possible someone is using Juiz to just throw names down and put Ohsugi on Akira's tail. At any rate, I don't imagine he'll be making it out of this series clealny. We've also got a new elite hacker type fellow added to the team in the form of Pantsu, whom Akira has revealed he's a Selecao to. And on a similar note to Pantsu and his epicness, he has even forced Mittan's hand.

She only gets cuter by the episode.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?

05-29-09, 8:21 PM

FUCKING PANTSU FTW.

05-29-09, 8:42 PM

Bakayaro said:

The second I saw that, I KNEW somebody would end up taking a screen of it.

05-29-09, 8:49 PM

Kind of a slow episode this time around; we met a new character, but there wasn't really any new information. Playing it slow doesn't usually bother me, but there are only so many episodes left (and the movie, of course).

Then again, we do get Hirasawa's interesting little conversation about zombie movies and malls -- are the NEETs the ones holding out in "Eden," or are they the zombies someone else is running from? I guess this (the question of NEETs and then, paradise) is really at the core of the series. "Pantsu" is just another example of a NEET (who happens to think very highly of himself), but he's said some strange stuff that I couldn't quite comprehend ^^; It also makes me wonder if Akira, pre-memory wipe, visited each of those 20,000 NEETs individually (which would mean he has a lot of experience in dealing with them) or if he had some other way of getting them all together.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]

05-29-09, 9:05 PM

interesting. the series moves a bit too quickly for me, but that's alright i guess.

whose phone did he have? was that IV's, or did he actually find it in his mall? i don't remember anything about him finding a second phone.

和風と暖かい天気

05-29-09, 9:31 PM

maybe, if he is a supporter, its akira's "supporter" phone?

if it is... all the messages should tell him whats going on

05-29-09, 9:35 PM

Hmm... well I have a feeling that Saki and her friends will find out about Akira soon.

Also.. anyone else think Panties may be a Selecao? Idk.

[EDIT] Oh and I forgot to say. Gah poor Ohsugi! >_< Haha about the Eden thing. I guess we'll find out what's gonna happen next week...

05-29-09, 10:04 PM

That was a pretty good episode I just dont see how we can fit everything in 11 episodes and a movie :(!! Buttt I hope it works out because so far I love this series!

lol there was a star trek commercial in between, I thought that was pretty funny

05-29-09, 10:18 PM

Good episode, but I'm really worried about how it's going to end with so few episodes left. A cliff hanger would suck.

05-29-09, 10:29 PM

Cool Jack Black or something. Glad Micchon hates pantsu.

05-29-09, 10:35 PM

I didn't find this episode that engaging, with 3 episodes left, i am really hoping they dont merely rush the ending and provide us with at least a decent explanation of all of this. I did like all of Hirasawa's alternate names pop up on Eden though..all in all im just hoping for some explanations and maybe a plot relevation would be nice. Ohsugi annoys me to no end and i hope they kill him off somehow.. but ill just doubt that

05-29-09, 11:04 PM

well for the different identities, we kind of knew that should happen....
episode one he has like a million passports which I'm sure he used thus the multiple identities.

the new character seems pretty cool, hope him and IX get more alone time
I maybe the only one who hates Ohsugi, sticking his nose everywhere because of jealousy, not very becoming

I hope this isn't the end of XI she needs more screen time

This series is so interesting because in almost every episode so much happens but because there is only 11 turns, its hard not to feel like not enough is happening
but I have faith in the series that it will all come to light as the series concludes
~May you continue being the Messiah....

05-29-09, 11:40 PM

This new character seems to be interesting xD wonder how he and Takizawa will co-operate, but even if the series is concluded in a movie, will enough details really be given across in a few hours for a proper ending =/?

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices