Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2021 6:48 PM
Dec 2015
I finally finished reading every chapter, and all I can say is, holy fuck what a journey.

I know the odds of us ever getting any more chapters or answers to end this story will never happen, but even so, NANA will remain as one of the best emotionally captivating stories I've ever read. What a ride! <3
Jul 23, 2021 4:31 AM

Aug 2017
Well now, it's my turn to join the Nana's Depressed Fanclub.

What a ride it was, an absolutely outstanding story with deeply human and likeable characters. I can see now why Nana is so beloved, and the last events of the story were simply heartbreaking, even though I thought that nothing could top Hachi being pregnant.

I won't hope for the manga to resume, at this point I think it's out of the question. I simply wish for Ai Yazawa to stay healthy and recover, she truly deserved it.
Aug 22, 2021 4:15 PM
Dec 2017
will we ever get a ending highly unlikely no.

Sep 11, 2022 4:01 PM
May 2021
bruhhh they gon end it here fr tho
Nov 6, 2022 3:50 PM

May 2009
Never mind me, I just came here to cry 😢
Sep 29, 2023 9:11 PM
Oct 2020
Finally caught up and I'm just sad now. Everything that happened and the fact that there probably won't be anymore of Nana.
Nov 20, 2023 9:41 PM

Apr 2022
i like yuri unlike most people here but jesus fucking christ it really ended at the most unsatisfying place lol made her look like the villain so hard. i need this manga to resume! 9/10 read though, the only reason i can't give this a 10 is because there's no ending but other then that i absolutely loved this manga. it was a painful read, but i enjoyed it still.
Jan 4, 10:04 AM
Oct 2016
been waiting for years i have lost all hope of getting new chapters and even if we did it feels like it wont be satisfactory
Mar 13, 3:02 PM
Apr 2021
it was pog enoughj :3
Mar 19, 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
I'm glad there are some flashforwards now and then so we can picture how things went for them... My take is that Hachi had twins (Satsuki takes after Takumi and Ren takes after Hachi). Takumi went England with Reira due to her mental condition (in the hospital she thinks that Ren is in England, resting), while Hachi stays in Japan waiting for Nana. I suspected that Ren's passing is what made Nana give up on her life, but in the last chapter she seemed to had got over it... So my guess is that something related to her mother made her flee to England (in the previous chapters they said that her mother is ready to contact her).

It seems that Hachi works in a kimono shop (or perhaps the shop is hers and she manages it). I don't think she wants to give up her relationship for Takumi (she declines Junko's suggestion of getting a divorce) and I get it because she has a lifestyle that she wouldn't have achieved if she had choosen Nobu (unless he gave up on his dreams and went back to his family's hotel). Also, it doesn't seem like Nobu and Yuri stayed together (probably due to Yuri's jealousy).

There aren't many clues about Yasu and Miu's lives, but they are cute together and I get why Yasu would like to be with a self-reliant woman, as opposed to Nana... What makes me wonder why thinks didn't work out with Shion. I also wonder about Misato (Mai) and the rumours about she dating the president... It seems that she isn't around in the future (even though Junko and Kyosuke are), so maybe something happened...

There are some mangakas who have made a comeback after a long pause, so I don't want to be completely hopeless... Even if she doesn't continue Nana, I'd love if Yazawa wrote again. Her characters feel real enough to have fans engage in discussions as if they were real people. She usually addresses themes like dreams, solitude, finding your purpose in life... I wish I had read her works when I was a teenager.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Chapter 36 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 34 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

3 by Safrichh »»
Apr 21, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 33 Discussion

ichiban_alex - May 5, 2017

2 by Safrichh »»
Apr 20, 3:24 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 32 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 14, 2009

4 by Safrichh »»
Apr 19, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.