Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
Freaking awesome episode. Some war tactics put in finally as the story approaches the climax. Looks like Rudy may be able to come back thanks to Shiroe or maybe even that old mage dude who just comes out of nowhere to make a contract with Rudy.
Feb 8, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
Nooooo Rudyyy! Don't die! I almost cried here
Shiroe, save him!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Feb 8, 2014 10:46 AM
Mar 2011
Great episode. Love the fact that this anime doesn't need a budget to be good. Or the premise of "you die here, you die for real".....
oh wait, nm. RUDDDYYYYYYYYY.
Feb 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
the episode proved why rudy is my favorite character in lh, and the fact that he has the same seiyuu of natsu makes it more epic
Feb 8, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
NUUU RUDY!! Damn you wolves coming out of no where like that.

I really love how deep this show gets and how well things like the game mechanics are explained and just make so much sense.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Feb 8, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Damn such an intense episode, mostly around battles, and strategic movements. Minori's group grew up really fast and can handle things even on tough situations, scoring major points on that one.

Though Rudy man, such a great character, having his own feelings that he wants to be the Adventures. Hope there is some ways to revive him.

Feb 8, 2014 11:14 AM
Jan 2013
Wow, battle is intense, looks like Shion's tactic is a well oiled machine.
Feb 8, 2014 11:18 AM
Aug 2013
Oh man, this episode was great. Can't wait for the next.
Feb 8, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
nooo, rudy :_:
i hope they can revive him though. i wonder why he wanted to be an adventurer..
Feb 8, 2014 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Loved this episode, glad to see some more fighting and can't wait to see Shiroe next ep
Feb 8, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
Love the repertoire of spells they used in this episode. This was what I was expecting of Log Horizon. Best episode in a long time. Be cool if they animated more high level spells/skills.

Feb 8, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
This was a really badass episode. Log Horizon has far surpassed my expectations coming into it. I'm excited to see what Shiroe is going to do now that he has been called in.

kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

I'm going to say that his appearance probably ties into the disappearance of the Izumo Knights. They are just extremely powerful people of the land so I would guess that there would be others.
Feb 8, 2014 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
There it is. Rudy is a People of the Land after all.

Hopefully we can focus more on the war on the goblins and more sahuagin instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
Just when I thought everything has been smooth sailing right from the beginning for Minori, BAM a tough battle kicks in where battle experiences are vital.

The newbie party definitely has grown a lot but still a long way to go.

Minori definitely is talented though being able to mimic Shiroe's fully controlled combat even managed to achieve 5-10 seconds ahead.

On the other hand, this game has got to be the worse in terms of item drop rates. So many monsters slain and looted only a pair of gloves. I hope there will be a loot feast once the goblin king is defeated.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Feb 8, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2012
Oh dear, Rudy... Yeah, the foreshadowing was pretty transparent and all, but still I... I... wasn't ready for the punchline [sorry ;)]

MagisterArcanum said:
kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

People of the Land can use magic just like Adventurers. However, they are restricted by a level cap and also gain experience much more slower (four times if I remember correctly). This also indirectly demonstrates Rundelhaus' awesomeness as he had to work much harder than anyone else before even reaching the level he had during the summer training camp (it also shows why he thought his level was high enough to brag about during his introductory scenes...XD).
That makes those scenes so much harsher in hindsight... [Edit: yeah, I know the technical TV Tropes term is "Funny Aneurism Moment"]
Feb 8, 2014 12:12 PM

May 2012
what a freakin epic EP..
krusty owning and tanking those mobs, love every bit of this ep..
serara's wolf-chan is a cute spell :D

Feb 8, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2013
Here I was hoping to see more of Krusty murdering the goblins >.>
Feb 8, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2012
Rudy has earned the highest amount of respect and honor out of everybody, he truly is an adventurer even more so than the adventurers themselves, pls don't die on me yet.

Lenessia truly understands krusty more than anybody else, his love for battle is an excuse to hide his lonely heart. which is why they are perfect for each other.

all those who were craving for action you have finally gotten it, the built up for this moment is well executed and i hope it continues to do so.

Why are the weeks getting longer to wait and the numebr of episodes shorter ;(
Feb 8, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
Now we know why Shiroe always said "look 30 seconds ahead". I'm glad they also acknowledged that since experiencing the whole thing in real time is FAR different than looking at a computer screen and thus make it more difficult to do anything.

The war tactic didn't disappoint me. Krusty was as bad-ass as expected.

The scene where Rundelhaus and Izusu were sitting at the lake together was beautiful.. that Izusu's blush!! Don't worry girl, you'll have your pet/lover boy back next episode and PLEASE hook up with him. I'm curious as to whether the adventurers can actually procreate with people of the land.
Feb 8, 2014 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
Did anyone see this comparison post on tumblr. It speaks for itself T__T

http://99numbershunters.tumblr.com/post/76000682028/i-cant-stop-crying-its-the-same-exact-scene
Feb 8, 2014 12:37 PM

May 2012
pokpokza said:
what i pick up when i play dota2 when fighting against powerful enemy we basically have 3 ssolutions
1. run like hell
2. leave this to me and go on ahead
3. i shall ditch you to die( if your friend get caught)

lure them,
stun-blink-TP,
and of course 'b'.. XD

Feb 8, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
Great episode.

It's amazing how much the kid group has grown these past few episodes. Minori has really stepped up.

And Rudy!

God, Rudy was awesome in this ep.
Feb 8, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
The battle in this episode was epic.

Krusty was so badass in this episode.

Minori's group sure had gotten strong.

I hope Rudy will be alright.
Feb 8, 2014 12:45 PM
Oct 2012
Big WAR, Group Fight, Tactic

sorry maybe this is off topic, but is there any other anime like this with big war, group fight, and tactic?
I'm not a person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable, I'm Just a pervert :D
Feb 8, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2009
Well the action everyone's been wanting is here.

And Ser Run.dll Haus code our resident Golden Retrever's true identity has been revealed. It certainly brings a lot of questions to the fore as to the nature of Landers. Also the relationship between which one is the true abnormality really does sting XD

Next episode is contract? Will Magical Girl Rudy be born?
NettoAzureFeb 8, 2014 1:11 PM
Feb 8, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
juflizalaris said:

sorry maybe this is off topic, but is there any other anime like this with big war, group fight, and tactic?

You could check out Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, it's the same author and has sort of a similar feel. You will have to put up with a lot more fan service though because of the adaptation. Also it uses quite a lot of time skips which I know a lot of people find annoying. But it is the best anime that I know of when it comes to portraying tactics and politics for grand fantasy wars.
Feb 8, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
Finally some good action scenes after all that strategizing. They work well as a group, but that was surprising to see Rudy jump onto the wolf and turn out to be one of the people of the land.
Feb 8, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
juflizalaris said:

Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist, or Zero no Tsukaima are about all I can think of.
Feb 8, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
When the music stopped and it started raining I got the chills. Looks like Shiroe breaks the game/world next episode.

juflizalaris said:

Kingdom is the obvious answer. There's also elements of this in Utawarerumono and once you get past the balloon tits and exposition, Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon. If you are into looong space operas and politics there's also Legend of the galactic heroes although the space tactics are more naval.
Feb 8, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
Omg these perfectly timed cliff hangers are so hard to endure! This anime is going to enter my top 5 the way it is going :D
Feb 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2010
Holyyyyyy Shit. What an epic episode.

Dat Crusty! So freaking bad ass. So he uses a two-handed axe. Damn!!

Oh my goodness. I was hoping for Rudy to die because the opening already spoiled it and all but I guess our bad ass MC Shiroe will save the day.

I wonder though how did Rudy have a level and skills if he is just a normal people of the land? Doesn't that contradict to the kingdom's army being so weak that Crusty can rape them all?

Anyways, I can't wait to see Shiroe in action. Dang, so exciting.
Feb 8, 2014 2:30 PM

Mar 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Holyyyyyy Shit. What an epic episode.

Dat Crusty! So freaking bad ass. So he uses a two-handed axe. Damn!!

Oh my goodness. I was hoping for Rudy to die because the opening already spoiled it and all but I guess our bad ass MC Shiroe will save the day.

I wonder though how did Rudy have a level and skills if he is just a normal people of the land? Doesn't that contradict to the kingdom's army being so weak that Crusty can rape them all?

Anyways, I can't wait to see Shiroe in action. Dang, so exciting.

the people of the land can have there level raised as well but it takes 4 times the amount to level for a people of the land as much as an adventurer , u can see this in the episode. the average level for minoris group has been raise at least by 10 levels than when they started out at the training camp. as for Rudy who only raised his by 2 levels
Feb 8, 2014 2:44 PM
Jul 2013
Good episode, the ending is intriguing, hopefully Rudy is saved.
Feb 8, 2014 2:44 PM

Nov 2010
Cool battles, some were average, but the soundtrack really enhanced the thrilling state
It was sort of expected Rudy would get the attention of the wolves, but throwing himself into it like that was really brave knowing he isn't really immortal

The preview kind of spoiled his condition
Feb 8, 2014 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
Hell yes. Some actual strategy and tactics. I love the scale of this event. Great stuff.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 8, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2011
Such a great episode. Finally some fighting as well, and it was well done! Strategic, grand-scale, and full of teamwork, the way I like it.

The full-control encounter is nice.

I liked that we also found out about Rudy this episode. That's kind of scary but interesting if you think about it. So the nobles and the People of the Land can use spells, weapons, armor, have levels, etc just like the adventurers. The only different is that they can die and cannot be resurrected, and do not have some features that the adventurers do (friends list, etc). It's a really interesting discovery though, can't wait to see how it will be applied in the future. And how it actually works with them.

Well now that Shiroe has been contacted, he will surely investigate. Dang, this series is so interesting in how it applies everything.

Feb 8, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2013
dobinz said:
VerneJules said:
How much does Minori exactly know as to why she thinks there's still hope if Shiroe comes? Does she simply have so much faith that Shiroe could think of a way, or does Minori know the nature of People of the land that she'd think Shiroe could do something about it?

pure faith, Shiroe is god to her

yeah This
Feb 8, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 2012

Did not notice that
Nice find!
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Feb 8, 2014 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
Finally a good change of pace from all the constant dialogue.
Feb 8, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2010
Is that...is that his urine?
Feb 8, 2014 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
FINALLY a good episode.. this show bored me to death since the very few episodes.. it was good but the constant talking and SoL feel had me snoozing.

5/5
Feb 8, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
minori, she is little shiroe
your're so cool rudy XD
Feb 8, 2014 6:06 PM

Jul 2013
Battle begins..
Those fight scenes were epic.
The way the newbie Log Horizon members were kicking butt, good stuff.
Rudy on his deathbed..
But it ain't over just yet! Shiroe to the rescue!
Feb 8, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
Very good ep!

Awesome fighting, and the preview sounded even better, can't wait for next week!
Feb 8, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Good Episode, Crusty is growing more and more on me. More veterans, and less noobs please!
Feb 8, 2014 6:21 PM
Oct 2012
Pknoctis said:
Is that...is that his urine?

Unless you normally keep your drinks next to your trash can....

Would it be sick of me to say that this picture convinced me to give this show a chance?

I am not really into MMORPG, but I have been periodically checking the boards here to see how people have liked this show. The posts have been mostly favorable, but also mostly MMORPG centric, but seeing that someone with that type of humor is attached to this show is what makes it intriguing to me.
Feb 8, 2014 6:22 PM
Dec 2013
Benphyre said:
Just when I thought everything has been smooth sailing right from the beginning for Minori, BAM a tough battle kicks in where battle experiences are vital.

The newbie party definitely has grown a lot but still a long way to go.

Minori definitely is talented though being able to mimic Shiroe's fully controlled combat even managed to achieve 5-10 seconds ahead.

On the other hand, this game has got to be the worse in terms of item drop rates. So many monsters slain and looted only a pair of gloves. I hope there will be a loot feast once the goblin king is defeated.

you know loots in this kind of games are NORMAL FOR NORMAL MMORPG which has HARD MODE DROPS that can only have atleast 5 - 10 % chance of DROPS....

or maybe 10 - 20 or 30 % chance drops of items and 5 - 10 % drops of Rare items.....

If you tried playing a game like Ragnarok Online (the REAL ONE not a Private server) .....u'll see how the drops go... same as Elder Tales Online of Log Horizon,
Feb 8, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Beholda said:
Rundelhaus' heroism was his downfall. If he didn't intervene to save Tohya then at least Tohya would revive at the cathedral, but he is (seemingly) gone for good.

Not that I'm complaining, of course the mighty Rundelhaus code doesn't abandon a friend in need.

At the time of this post the poll is 90.16% 5/5, and I couldn't agree more.

Hopefully Rudy's noble sacrifice will not have been in vain.

well the thing is that tohya is the tank of the group, meaning if he dies, all the rest of the party get 2-3 hit killed by the mobs. basically when the tank falls, the whole party is wiped out. therefore either he sacrifies himself (maybe not because of saving the tank, but saving his buddy) or the other outcome that everyone dies...
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 8, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2010
Rudy dieing. Like a boss.

Shiroe breaking the laws of the world. Like a boss.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.