Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Feb 27, 2014 9:46 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
ekanseht said:
Sheer_Khuwat said:
never again

I don't know how people who have followed this manga since it came out were able to put up with seo's shit. i hated almost every bit of drama and im amazed that you guys managed to wait a week or who knows how long for each chapter. really. so glad its over

If you hated it so much, why did you continue reading? It eludes me how people can hate on something but still hang on to it like a limpet

because the book is fun to rerad and fun to rage.

yeah but only to an extent...

quite so but the book does make you excited for what the heck is gonna happen next.
Feb 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
ekanseht said:
Spider-titan55 said:
ekanseht said:
Sheer_Khuwat said:
never again

I don't know how people who have followed this manga since it came out were able to put up with seo's shit. i hated almost every bit of drama and im amazed that you guys managed to wait a week or who knows how long for each chapter. really. so glad its over

If you hated it so much, why did you continue reading? It eludes me how people can hate on something but still hang on to it like a limpet

because the book is fun to rerad and fun to rage.

yeah but only to an extent...

quite so but the book does make you excited for what the heck is gonna happen next.

true
Feb 27, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2013
In the end everyone loved the ending, right spider? ;-)
Feb 27, 2014 1:17 PM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
In the end everyone loved the ending, right spider? ;-)

whatever-_-

i still feel like this ending wasn't even accomplished since we don't even know what the characters went through, rin and asuka never shared any scenes with haruto in the final arc since two of them are important to him, and haruto finally got his dream wish he should've done in the first place. also, they haven't learned squat in their own adventures. they just get rewarded with BS.

also, daiki is gonna fail in life since we know who haruto and yuzuki are. i hope his guardians help him through this.
Feb 27, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Having a deja vu here :D
Feb 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Hm...Rin and Asuka weren't really important in the last arc. It's a good thing Seo brought them up at the end again. U-U
Feb 28, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
Behemoth11 said:
Hm...Rin and Asuka weren't really important in the last arc. It's a good thing Seo brought them up at the end again. U-U

Basically no one was important in the last arc besides the two MCs. That doesn't mean we don't need closure for the most important supporting characters. Asuka and Rin were important during the span of the story.
They were more important than Kiyomi, and I would argue on the same level of importance than Takashi and Akari, who all had their case closed correctly.

I don't feel we've had enough of a conclusion for those two
Feb 28, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2013
Nah...Akari and Takashi had the childhood-friend bonus. The meaning of what Akari said to Haruto about his relationship with Yuzuki was more meaningful in my opinion, because she knew both of them for so long. Their were introduced as a Trio. and Seo brought it up again at the end. There is nothing wrong with it, I guess.
Feb 28, 2014 6:49 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Nah...Akari and Takashi had the childhood-friend bonus. The meaning of what Akari said to Haruto about his relationship with Yuzuki was more meaningful in my opinion, because she knew both of them for so long. Their were introduced as a Trio. and Seo brought it up again at the end. There is nothing wrong with it, I guess.

what akari said back in chapter 258 was just predictable as crap. this why we wanted seo to troll us in the final chapter. *sigh* if this wasn't a shounen we would've been getting these no matter if it's either good or bad that the series would be getting:

haruto having se with asuka in the love hotel

lack of trolling

not having the cheap ways like him breaking up with asuka because yuzuki says she loves him and forces him to be with her if she doesn't move o another place or all of that LDR nonsence.

unpredicatble and original ending or just a sad enbding.

seriously, seo definitely owes us all big time

i don't see how you can give these a free pass. i know it's opinions and all but with everything that happened i'd imagine you'd be quite mad. it's also a shame how one person compared GotW with it's slow pace and repetitive bullying story to KNIM. again i know it's opinions but it just feels insulting how a good manwha ha sto be compared to a souless manga
Feb 28, 2014 6:49 AM
Dec 2013
ekanseht said:
Behemoth11 said:

Basically no one was important in the last arc besides the two MCs. That doesn't mean we don't need closure for the most important supporting characters. Asuka and Rin were important during the span of the story.
They were more important than Kiyomi, and I would argue on the same level of importance than Takashi and Akari, who all had their case closed correctly.

well the OVAS will be focusing on yuzuki's point of view so hopefully we'll see them there.
Feb 28, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
Spider-titan55 said:
ekanseht said:
Behemoth11 said:

well the OVAS will be focusing on yuzuki's point of view so hopefully we'll see them there.

I hope so
Feb 28, 2014 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
Spider-titan55 said:

i don't see how you can give these a free pass. i know it's opinions and all but with everything that happened i'd imagine you'd be quite mad. it's also a shame how one person compared GotW with it's slow pace and repetitive bullying story to KNIM. again i know it's opinions but it just feels insulting how a good manwha ha sto be compared to a souless manga

I just don't care so much about awkward side-characters as others. The main story got a conclusion. Not everyone liked it at first, but it wasn't so bad as you described it, Spider.
Your main problem is you place characters like Asuka and so on in a higher position they desere
and are upset about the story, because it focus on the main-characters, which you just don't like.
Yes, it would be nice if we could see more of all characters, but that's maybe something for an Omake.
The story of KNIM had a few good rudiments and that's something we shouldn't belittle.
Feb 28, 2014 10:43 AM
Dec 2013
Behemoth11 said:
Spider-titan55 said:

I just don't care so much about awkward side-characters as others. The main story got a conclusion. Not everyone liked it at first, but it wasn't so bad as you described it, Spider.
Your main problem is you place characters like Asuka and so on in a higher position they desere
and are upset about the story, because it focus on the main-characters, which you just don't like.
Yes, it would be nice if we could see more of all characters, but that's maybe something for an Omake.
The story of KNIM had a few good rudiments and that's something we shouldn't belittle.

all the manga showed was just some poitnless fillers, trolling, and some not well written moments of yuzuki and haruto. i mean we saw cats, crab bras, job hunting girl, slutty coworker, pointless LDR nonscence, rin's slave never to be seen again, time skipping, chisa having a crush on haruto, and haruto and yuzuki being knuckleheads. the important things we are missing are:

more of nanami

nanami's relationship with fujikawa because we don't know anything about the kid and he just seems to young to date someone like her

how asuka is doing

how akari is doing

takashi's relationship with kiyomi

how rin is doing

how that red headed lesbo is doing

how that slave of rin is doing

you think i ndon't have a right to express my feeling about this manga? from time to time again haruto and yuzuki have provedn to be irredeemable characters who get rewarded for bullshit. at least in suzuka the characters learn from their mistakes and grow and despite yamato getting beaten(even beaten up) by arima again and again at least he still has the ones who are closest to him. hopefully yu won't suffer the same fate because most people are starting to dislike the character.
Feb 28, 2014 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
I didn't implied that you shouldn't express your feelings, Spider. However, we also shoudn't forget the story was entertaining enough to keep us reading it. :3
Jet_Nice_GuyFeb 28, 2014 11:40 AM
Mar 2, 2014 3:05 AM
Apr 2012
i really think she's with anoher person given her history she really love to swing alot,
thank god she is not her teenage personality i finally starting to less hate her
in the past i pretty much her her in that time she getting lovely dove with kanzaki even haruto already show some spirit,
less hate her with kazama understand pity date,
but spending the last of her days with kanzaki men thats just a bullshit(rage) special she show different side of her,(you only suppose to show that on the person you love,on that part im starting to think does she really like haruto?) that hurt so bad from a guy perspective knowing that she like you 2
Mar 4, 2014 12:53 AM
May 2011
Hmm, I hated Kazuma. Kazuma was a plot device to add more drama to the story. Asuka was just a filler. Her role was to keep Yuzuki's seat warm. A lot of people could have seen that one coming. If it wasn't for Kazuma, the manga would have ended way sooner. Haruto and Yuzuki is way too compatible. The other characters are just there really, I would had loved to see more of Rin.

I rather have a spinoff with Rin than Fuuka.
Mar 18, 2014 6:26 PM

May 2010
Satisfactory. 6/10 because there were a lot of stupid things in the manga after they started living together.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 19, 2014 4:32 AM

Sep 2012
I'm giving this a 6/10, riding on mostly nostalgia.

So disappointing this manga fell apart and became so obnoxious to read.
Apr 21, 2014 10:50 PM
Dec 2013
Wow he has a kid now, Still young.

8/10

Jun 20, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 2012
That was a satisfying ending. One of few anime/manga that I've enjoyed in a while. Wow. I just can't fathom that it's done.

10/10
Jul 19, 2014 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
I was still expecting it to be til 270, guess this site caught me off guard. But I still can't believe it's over, though I really like how it ended up. 8/10

Getting married is the last step in a relationship. I mean of all moments everything will end up like that. Well that's for me I like the series anyway
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 6, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2014
I started reading this series when it first game out, and I was a avid reader until about chapter 170-ish. Then I went through a 1-2 year hiatus on all manga/anime due to laziness and personal life reasons.

I've only just come back to anime/manga recently and I had forgotten about this gem which was my highlight of every week. Reading this series every week gave me so much joy, sadness, pain, laughter. I just couldn't get enough.

So I started re-reading this from chapter one, so that I could immerse myself into it once more. Binge read the entire series in two days. I'm honestly really glad I was able to read it all in two days instead of once a week for five years.

I was browsing through the forums on certain episodes and I was really confused about all the hate KNiM got from various long-time readers and people who just started. I could understand if you didn't like it from the beginning, but for those who kept on reading and raging were the ones that really confused me?

It's understandable to be sad or angry that SJ is not writing it the way you would have preferred, but as I too might have felt feelings similar to you own I was able to accept it because it's the Mangaka's world. We are only the observer(s).

There's no way he could write it so that everyone would enjoy it, but he told his story the way that he wanted to do it. I respect it. I love it. I'm still in that bliss feeling after finishing KNiM about five hours again. I've had thought like " I wish this would have never ended " or " If only he had added a couple more chapters or at least held out until chapter xxx ".

I'm actually really happy about all the people who flamed and raged because it just shows how much SJ's work had of an effect on you. That's probably one of the artists greatest feelings. To be able to unite people across the world in discussion about it every week. If I was the artist I would be overwhelmed even if it was negative remarks because I would have known that you took my work into your heart and were able to express it freely.

I admittedly cried for about an hour after I finished reading because I had so many emotions running through me heart and soul. I guess it was because I could connect because I am in a long distance relationship as well because I am finishing my masters in another state from my fiance.

I thought the ending was quite fair, slightly rushed in my opinion. I think he would have been able to put a couple filler chapters in between ch 260-261 about those 1.5 years that was skipped. Sure we get small amounts of information such as Takashi and Kiyomi's second child, but I would have preferred to know more information in that time period. Oh well, I'm still very impressed and very happy about the overall end chapter.

10/10. Yes. 10/10. Through everything. Hiroshima. Tokyo. Kazama. Kochi. All of it.
Aug 28, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2013
I know the theme of this story is separation and shit, but the last few chapters were so fucking unessecary, especially when the mangaka suddenly pulls a 'everything is suddenly perfect' ending. At least I marathoned this series in three days, so I can still remember the manga before non random girl filler stuff came. 7/10 cause the beginning was so good
Oct 4, 2014 8:27 PM
Oct 2014
This manga was awesome indeed :D ....
Oct 5, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
Talk about a rushed ending. Thoroughly enjoyed the series. It fell a little stale during the Job arc, but that was fine. I'm a sucker for happy endings. Pointless breakup tbh. I wanted him to leave his job and let Yuzuki follow her dream as a teacher since he had no real emotinoal connection to his job. Shoulda became a chef from the beginning.

Oct 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed it up until the job arc, but since I'm a sucker for happy endings I was pleased. He had a pointless breakup and should have just left his job in the beginning and let Yuzuki pursue her dreams as a teacher even if it meant giving up his job. He knew he wasn't passionate about his own job, and since Yuzuki loved hers he should have dropped his in order to follow her. Pointless drama.

Rushed ending as well. Akari had a more meaningful wedding (it had feels to it).

Gonna drop this here, but seeing the side bitches move on and find their own loves is a bit ... empty? While I understand that they need to move on, it always seems that their love with the MC is always stronger than the love they've found currently.

Btw Asuka ftw. I was yelling "side bitch ftw" when he started dating her. Haven't seen a couple more perfect and laid-back. Sure, Yuzuki is his true love, but Asuka's relationship with MC was very compatible.

Oct 14, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2014
8/10
But if series can carry atmosphere and intensive like first 140 chapters I'll give it 9/10

I really like a countryside atmosphere of early series too.
Dec 5, 2014 7:18 PM
Dec 2013
Sorry I have been harsh on this manga and Seo. I think I was mad that he paired haruto with yuzuki, who by god is a very annoying character in this series it's sad to see other girls get rejected for someone like her.....poor asuka:( and Akari :(.

Anyway, after retreading the manga again and again and learn more about storytelling and true honest to God feelings I feel like I should give the manga an 8 or a 7. To be honest from the beginning this manga got me even more inspired to slice of life, drama, and romance. The story is more human and natural, it gets people and its truely one of those mangas that inspires you with the exception of the romance because of the main character picking the wrong girl:( it's pretty much the reason why Seo kouji is like my second favorite mangaka. He's like hajime isayama, echido oda, iwahara yuji, and that guy who brought us aku no hana. Sorry for all the crap I said about you but I hope you can improve your writing.
Jan 6, 2015 8:42 PM

Apr 2014
That ending caught me by surprise. I thought it was going to end on chapter 270. 7/10 overall the first few chapters were 10/10. Probably up until Kazama died maybe a bit further.
Jan 27, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
It was mainly filler from 170-240 but this manga was really enjoyable!

I really enjoyed the happy ending. The breakup when they moved away was understandable since they were important to each other so much but their jobs were also important. I'm glad Yuzuki waited for Haruto in the end, that makes it the perfect end :D
Jan 29, 2015 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
Well,that ends that.Can't decide between a 5/10 or 6/10 for this.

First 141 chapters were a solid 7/10,that's around when Haruto got back together with Eba after he dumped Asuka iirc.

Honestly wish this hadn't been prolonged by so long,Haruto and Eba living together,having sex,getting married,having a kid,etc shouldn't have been prolonged by over 100 chapters (of which most were filler),this might have turned out better if it hadn't been for that.

Didn't completely hate this though (like I was expecting) and this wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.Gotta say the chapters I enjoyed the most were the one Seo trolled honestly (they were the most amusing parts of this entire manga).
Feb 24, 2015 9:09 AM
Nov 2014
Spider-titan55 said:
Behemoth11 said:

all the manga showed was just some poitnless fillers, trolling, and some not well written moments of yuzuki and haruto. i mean we saw cats, crab bras, job hunting girl, slutty coworker, pointless LDR nonscence, rin's slave never to be seen again, time skipping, chisa having a crush on haruto, and haruto and yuzuki being knuckleheads. the important things we are missing are:

more of nanami

nanami's relationship with fujikawa because we don't know anything about the kid and he just seems to young to date someone like her

how asuka is doing

how akari is doing

takashi's relationship with kiyomi

how rin is doing

how that red headed lesbo is doing

how that slave of rin is doing

you think i ndon't have a right to express my feeling about this manga? from time to time again haruto and yuzuki have provedn to be irredeemable characters who get rewarded for bullshit. at least in suzuka the characters learn from their mistakes and grow and despite yamato getting beaten(even beaten up) by arima again and again at least he still has the ones who are closest to him. hopefully yu won't suffer the same fate because most people are starting to dislike the character.

Hi guys, im new here! SORRY for the long wall of text! It got a lot longer than i expected! But hopefully some will take the time to read it. This is half an angry rant and half a review of points lacking in my opinion.

It's not often that i write a comment about something like this, but i agree on a lot of the points made by spider here.

I Don't think a manga has ever stirred up so much love/HATE feelings as this manga, i was at least lucky enough to read this manga when it was finished, and not having to wait for it every week.

There is a lot of things missing here as pointed out by spider, and there is still more missing, and weird unexplainable things happening.

Haruto throws away all his feelings for the girl he has loved for 3 years, Nanami, even when he gets a chance with her, he still chooses Yuzuki, ok fair enough... something like that is plausible and can happen.

They start to date, since Yuzuki always loved him, and probably always did since childhood, she then goes back to Tokyo, she could have stayed but chose not to cause Haruto MADE her family situation so much better in Tokyo, cause their love is endless and all is going to be good, he goes to Tokyo on a field trip and is super excited to see her and she is as well, they end up having a great time in the end, and have a passionate kiss before he leaves and she gives him a present. BITCHSLAP TO THE BALLS! she starts to ignore him completely without any reason, and leaves him a fucking note in his present. She seems SO thankfull to him!

Haruto then chases her all the way to Tokyo, he meets Asuka and Kazama, turns out Kazama is the sneaky fucker who used his illness to steal a girl that already had a boyfriend, and then Yuzuki still treats HATO like shit, even though he had been nothing but good to Yuzuki (except being an asshole to her in the beginning because he liked Nanami and didn't want to spoil that)

Then when Kazama dies, Yuzuki is STILL being a bitch and don't want anything to do with Hato, and says that they shouldn't see each other anymore. WTF happened to the girl who loved Hato since the start and went to Hiroshima because of him? Didn't he make everything better for Yuzuki?? They didn't even TRY after Kazama died! Then Hato starts dating Asuka, no contact with Yuzuki for like what, 2years since she started to ignore Hato out of the blue? Asuka has been nothing but good to Hato, he is too much of a pussy to do something dirty. ok ok... Breaks up with her after randomly meeting Yuzuki. ooooook? Can happen but still a cheap ass move...

Then it's some shitty sidecharacters with no real inlfuence on the story, some funny, some sad, some unecessary. Like the manga chick was just weird from the start and was featuerd in like 3-4 chapters total. But some were funny and added something to the story, some of the situations Hato ended up in was ridiculous in the extreme at some points. Like the chef Amagi Shiho at the beach house? Cat, naked, shower, shorts come off to let her borrow, cat steals? uhm, ok?

I like how Akari confessed to him, and wanted to bang him before she got married, and that they emphasized Hato's low ability to lie throughout the manga. Then the sidecharacters basically got tossed. And they added some weird ones like Chisa? Completely unecesarry and didn't add anything to the story. I liked Hoshina, who misunderstood everything, and bought finger covers as condoms? And when Yuzuki didn't know what premature ejaculation was, was also pretty good.

But back to my ranting of the main characters! Yuzuki and Hato end up moving in togehter after almost going away from Hato... AGAIN! Because of her shitty dad and his curfews. Now the story focuses extremely heavily on how much they want to be together and that they want to stay together forever, and ever, and ever, and ever. They end up doing the dirty, which was a nice change of pace, only took Hato 1 FREAKING YEAR of living together, but he's THAT much of a pussy. So ok!

He's looking for a stable job so he can support himself and Yuzuki, she already worsk as a teacher, he struggles with getting a job, does NOT use any of the contacs he has from helping people out, blows his chances TOO MANY FUCKING TIMES when it comes to interviews, because he helps others instead? Is his love for his girlfriend that weak?

He ends up being the ONLY ONE! out of his friends, who DON'T get a job in Tokyo, and gets sent away, had he only CARED and used his contacts instead of being so fucking proud, none of that would have happened, they start a long distance relationship, and instead of trying to make it fucking work for more than 2 months, he breaks up with Yuzuki.... WTF FOR??? They were engaged, what did he spend his money on? He could have chipped in for her tickets, and they could have seen each other like 1-2 times a month instad of 4!! It's not like he had to work EVERY SINGEL WEEKEND FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE! They just emphasized the last 100 or so chapters, how much they love each other and want to be with each other, and he does THAT?? Fuck this shit, then in the course of 3 chapters, 2 years passes, they haven't spoken since they broke up... VOILA! They get together as nothing happened, gets married.... OK??? They still love the hell out of each other, and don't talk for 2 years?? THEN HE FUCKING QUITS HIS JOB THAT HE BROKE UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!? WTFFFF???? Couldn't he just have stayed in Tokyo, lived together and gotten a part time job, saved money until he could start a restaurand, since he did that in the end anyways?? This is why i started my this message with a STRONG love/HATE for this manga.

The end of this manga seemed extreeeeemely rushed! That is what is so dissapointing about almost all manga/anime, the endings sucks. It seems like people lost interest in this manga, and then they dramaed it up by Haruto breaking up with Yuzuki, probably to boost sales! Skip 2 years, get married, skip another maybe 4-5 years, he has his own restaurant. And everybody achieved their dreams, the end.... You feel a bit tricked maybe?

Fujikawa, Nanami's boyfriend, we got to see less of him than the lesbian chick, last we saw of lesbian chick was Rin rejecting to date her.... Huh?
But spider already pointed out this and the rest....

But what i found kinda cool is that the artist connects his manga's with each other, if i understood correctly there is a lot of characters from Suzuka in this manga? And you also see Fuuka in the last chapter!

I would probably give this 6/10, maybe a very weak 7/10. Since it kept me intrigued to the end, but i almost quit halfway cause of all the shit happening.

Ok, enough ranting, im not so sure if i want to watch the anime anymore, but anybody here recommend it?

And what is best, the manga or anime of Suzuka?
Neuzx360Feb 24, 2015 12:45 PM
Mar 10, 2015 7:07 PM

Dec 2014
Finished. Feel free to PM if you want to discuss. :)
Mar 26, 2015 7:47 AM
Oct 2013
Seriously....this manga is underrated!!....True, the anime wasn't all that great...but well, the manga is a whole different thing.....truly a masterpiece......deserves a 10/10 ......one of my favorites already........the ending was so beautiful!! .......The story as a whole too was just amazing and wonderful......
Mar 29, 2015 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
Finally finished. The author should have ended this after Yuzuki's father let them live together. then a timeskip would be nice

Unfortunately the author kept milking this and so many unnecessary drama that happened. What a shame this should be a solid 8.

Kazama's helmet always gives me a bad after taste. That NTR guy was the real hero of the story.

6/10 ironically I rated the anime higher
blessofcurseApr 30, 2015 3:17 PM
Aug 10, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2015
Was just Wondering if anyone else notice that Yuzari really only had 1 friend! Think about... Her sister and boyfriend don't count. I guess we can add Takashi. But, still he never has a 1 on 1 talk with Yuzaki. Every girl in this Series only ever talked to her because her boyfriend is Haruto!
I think it's safe to say they were faking it to save grace with Haruto. In Fact, knowing Yuzari and Haruto was a couple. How many of this Girls still made one more pled for his affection?
Plus, I believe Nanami or Asuka would've with all out if they could have. Once he broke it off with Yuzaki!

PS.
It was very funny to me that every girl that slapped him because he said your panties are showing. Tryed to give him some ass down the line! except ( I think Akari! She showed them, and he told her. But, I think the worst he got from her was being called a Perv)
AtlasFlameFTAug 10, 2015 12:14 PM
Aug 14, 2015 7:21 AM

Jun 2011
The story and characters was crap. There were just too many misunderstandings and coincidences and it feels like the mc haven't rly developed.
Only reason i won't give this a 1/10 is becauce of the art.

Final score 3/10
Sep 8, 2015 12:15 PM

Oct 2012
This manga is horrible. Seo is horrible. If you like this manga, you're horrible. Stop being horrible. Stop. Just. Stop.
Oct 3, 2015 1:34 AM

Sep 2012
Theorder14 said:
The story and characters was crap. There were just too many misunderstandings and coincidences and it feels like the mc haven't rly developed.
Only reason i won't give this a 1/10 is becauce of the art.

Final score 3/10

Ducat_Revel said:
This manga is horrible. Seo is horrible. If you like this manga, you're horrible. Stop being horrible. Stop. Just. Stop.

firs time in my life i felt like i want to kill 2 main chars lol

first Eba was idiot dumping MC for bitty she felt for Kaza, then MC for making career (& dumping Eba for that) mane priority, u need to find balance not prioritize one thing to another, that's not all, but this are things that pissed me off the most

not much of a manga reader (watching animes more) & i commented here long time ago
Jan 30, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
I still think the whole "Lets break up" thing was so sudden and bad. Seo should have just continued the long distance relationships without trying to do anything funny which he sadly did.

Well happy ending they got married. 7/10, aside the bullshits I really love this series
Mar 20, 2016 8:29 AM
Mar 2016
Hey guys one question from the manga was bothering me....so what do you think...was yuzuki in love with haruto the whole time even when she was dating kazama?
Apr 5, 2016 10:25 PM
May 2015
saurav5617_das said:
Hey guys one question from the manga was bothering me....so what do you think...was yuzuki in love with haruto the whole time even when she was dating kazama?
Of course she was.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
Klad said:
I still think the whole "Lets break up" thing was so sudden and bad. Seo should have just continued the long distance relationships without trying to do anything funny which he sadly did.

Totally agreed. I feel the same way about the break up with Mishima; it seemed very sudden and forced, for the sake of drama and moving the plot along at all costs.
Aug 6, 2016 12:44 AM
Jun 2016
I like the ending, happy to see they get together again.
The break-up in C256 was unexpented, kind of forced but for a shocker from a long filler chapters.

Kazama isn't that bad, if it's not for him, Yuzuki wouldn't become as cheerful as herself that Haruto became attracted to.
Oct 31, 2016 12:34 AM

Feb 2009
I stopped reading this way back and took a long break from it, then I saw I wasn't far from the ending and completed it. I dunno where to rank this manga, I was always switching from a 6 to 7. Never went as low as an 5, but it probably deserves it after all the trolling from the author

Asuka was 1000x better for him, I would ranked this much higher if they stayed together. He let that Yuzuki ass get the better of him, yeah definitely a nice perk but the manga was sooooo much better to me with HarutoxAsuka. Once they broke up I was pretty much over this crap, just a downward spiral of the same gestures, repetitive scenes, blah-blah.

6/10. Mostly filled with bad arcs and angles, but the ones that are good I did enjoy.
Nov 8, 2016 9:55 PM

May 2009
The ending was so-so. There is way too much being left unexplained. I still like the conclusion, though... it is very much cliché.

However, the manga was definetly too long. Especially after around chapter 150 when it started to go downhill (as many have already pointed out).
What I really disliked was how many new chicks pop up into MC-Kuns life. Instead of focusing on just the very important ones (Akari, Nanami, Asuka, Kiyomi, Rin and Eba), Seo throws in so many girls that it is hard to keep track of them all, and for what? Just to be bait for a cliffhanger. I mean the 2nd half has barely any Drama and reduced itself to an average RomCom.

There was so much wasted potential for drama that it got actually pretty annoying whenever a new character popped up. Like... why the fuck was there never any progress between Rin and Haruto? Rin was obviously interested in the 2nd half and having sisters duke it out would've been refreshing instead of filler material. Same goes for Akari. God, let him find his love for Asuka again (after she dragged him back to her place when he was drunk) to get some conflict going for all I care, anything would've been better than the dreadful fillers where nothing happens. /rant

Anyways, I still gave it a 6/10 because of the first half and because it (the first half) reminds me in a way of my own love live I went through when I was in my early 20s. Was quite nostalgic while reading and actually got 150 chapters done in 2 days.
Nov 23, 2016 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
10 out fuckin 10.
If there wouldn't end this way... This is one of those stories which NEEDS a happy ending. I'm so glad that it ended in this way.
I really respect Seo, even if he is doing something like last arc. He can write interesting stories, and well, he can perfectly transfer the feelings of characters by his drawings. It was awesome, so many years passed in this manga, the whole universe. And well, the ART, this is one of the most beautiful manga which I read, I LOVE his artstyle.

Ok, now I need to buy Fuuka.
rsc-plNov 23, 2016 11:35 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2016 6:58 PM

Feb 2011
Incase anybody already hasn't figured it out yuzuki's fantasy chapter is basically the prequel to this chapter (or 260.5) so you probably want to read that (or read it again) after this chapter since things didn't make sense back when i read it after ch 200.

Now as for this manga as a whole , I enjoyed it. There were definitely some parts that either made me rage (the last break up) or just straight up didn't make sense (quitting the job he left yuzuki for) but all in all I really did enjoy this manga.

I will definitely look for more of Seo's work....I just hope it isn't as frustrating as this manga could be at times (even though we all know it will be).
Dec 21, 2016 11:28 AM
Oct 2014
Finished the manga around 2 years ago, and came here after re-read some important parts of the series. I would say the original plot is absolutely 10/10, just i hate this MC so much. He f*cking ruined people's feelings everytime, making bad decisions, and being stupid. I was kinda feel sorry for Eba, who've always been hurt everytime, and been through hard times alone... She was stupid tho for example how she handle things with Kazama, and when she told Haruto to break up at the train station. That was totally stupid and sick. I sometimes asking myself "Did they just love to hurt themself, especially Eba???" Well, ofc not but that is what happened.

The ending was satisfying enough, and it's all completed (no cliffhangar bullsh*t).
yeaitsbenDec 23, 2016 5:58 AM
Mar 14, 2017 10:31 AM
Feb 2017
niaxato said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty much as expected. They get married and Haruto becomes a chef. Also get a cameo of a teenage Fuuka. Personally would have much preferred that it was a dream sequence of Haruto's and they wouldn't have gotten back together but oh well. At least this crap is over.
[quote=niaxato]THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

i prefer it this way tho
when he said lets breakup
my eye balls got out of the sockets
but i was little relieved when they got back together but it just keeps bugging me that they were apart for 1.5 year again
man i hate the long distance stuff
everything was so much fun when they were in tokyo living together
but oh well this is cliche for every other manga or tv show to just burn the hell out of the viewer's mind at the end or near the end
but ending could have been little more better but it still was good
and it was emotionally strong
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Is there a better english translation of this manga?

Reshiram_IX - Apr 17

2 by Cristobal2325 »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 132 Discussion

belarion - Apr 21, 2011

22 by Mohan_Raj3 »»
Mar 19, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechDragon - Jun 21, 2011

113 by uruna117 »»
Jan 20, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 259 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

outkastfox - Jan 26, 2014

1089 by DarkHumor04 »»
May 28, 2023 4:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Chapter 253 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viesiu - Nov 23, 2013

61 by psyche-K »»
Sep 28, 2022 11:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.