Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura Collector’s Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2009 3:56 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Loved this episode! Meilin's reaction to Syaoran's choice was surprisingly calm. I was expecting some drama coming from her side, but it looks that she's matured enough to understand situation.^_^
Aug 13, 2009 1:19 AM

Jun 2007
mei lin became so mature and strong person, she is going to be just fine... now I wish tomoyo would have some other love interest >.>
I loved that part when she was fighting those penguin statues, her introductions/farewells episodes are the best :3
Dec 20, 2009 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode... damn that brat has grown up, if she was always like that she would have been one of my favourite characters.
May 25, 2010 1:53 AM

Apr 2010
Loved it! That was hilarious how Meilin came in the episode. "I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!" lmfao.

Feb 25, 2011 6:41 AM

Sep 2008
Love this episode. Meilin was so matured, it was abit sad though.
and I like the part where Meilin is fighting the flying penquins.
May 30, 2011 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
This episode always makes me tear up a bit. Made me cry a lot when I first watched it though.
And yeah, Meilin was amazing. She really handled it so well, I felt so bad for her.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
May 10, 2012 9:56 PM
Apr 2011
great episode, i cried. T_T

also the scene where li dodges the penguins melin punched at him was really stylish and well-animated, reminded me of higher budget anime movies like miyazaki. or maybe something like lupin. i mean maybe not quite there, but it was cool.
Oct 27, 2012 9:44 AM

Aug 2012
Aww! She took it well in front of Shaoran but made me cry! T_T
Pudding! Puuuudding!! ~ Kero-Chan
Feb 1, 2013 11:50 AM

Nov 2012
meilin ❤❤❤

this episode is just one massive middle finger to all those who don't like meilin's character tbh because the writers managed to retain all her distinctive characteristics while also showing a noticeable maturation. signing her letter to li as "to my dear friend" was a very nice, moving touch as well.
Apr 12, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2008
samt2910 said:
meilin ❤❤❤

this episode is just one massive middle finger to all those who don't like meilin's character tbh because the writers managed to retain all her distinctive characteristics while also showing a noticeable maturation. signing her letter to li as "to my dear friend" was a very nice, moving touch as well.

Yeah I have to admit that.

I was kinda pissed at Shaoran this time, how did he expect she would take it well? That scene at their house. Li had no right to think he could say a few comforting words and all would be well...then the scene with Tomoyo...that was hard.
Apr 12, 2013 6:18 PM
Sep 2011
WolfWood37 said:
then the scene with Tomoyo...that was hard.

My heart hurt watching this episode. I missed having her a part of the cast and the one episode she returns ends up being a whirlwind of feels.

At first I thought the reason they removed her was because she's an anime only character and she would disrupt the plot, but no, the thing she would have disrupted would have been Sakura and Syaoran's relationship. I doubt a single one of these adorable moments would have gone by without her aggressive, clingy jealousness interrupting.

I'm surprised by the lack of hugging in this show. You'd think she'd cling to Tomoyo instead of kneeling in front of her and crying in her lap, but I'm not complaining.
Apr 17, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2008
RLinksoul said:

I'm surprised by the lack of hugging in this show. You'd think she'd cling to Tomoyo instead of kneeling in front of her and crying in her lap, but I'm not complaining.

People react in different ways, and when your heart is completely shattered like that, you just lose control and your body just does what it does.
Apr 30, 2013 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, I agree that the brat (Meilin lol) has matured.
Also, am I the only one that finds Kero hilarious whenever he plays that video game?
Jul 4, 2013 9:02 PM
Oct 2010
awwww :'(

meilin, heartbroken :(
figured she'd take it well in fornt of him. but would break down afterwards D:

damn, had me almost crying. meilin a nice girl too

dont fuck it up li
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 1, 2013 4:38 AM

Nov 2011
Love is something amazing.. It feels hurt sometimes, but it still is a beautiful and a warm thing ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Oct 17, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2011
Friggin' hell, Meilin crying in Tomoyo's lap, with Tomoyo not saying anything and just letting her vent. ;_; That was just perfect. Especially since it feels just right to have them be the ones who feel for each other, considering they don't get with their love interests...
Dec 8, 2013 6:18 AM

Apr 2008
It was nice seeing Meilin again, even if it was for only one episode. I loved how she smashed through those penguins without a thought, and I love her fighting style.

The episode was sad though :/ I felt bad for her, but +1 because she handled the situation calmly and maturely. I know a ton of people older than her, who would have acted the complete opposite.
Jan 27, 2014 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
Wow! What a good episode. Not only did Li actually do something. But the plot kind of moved forward! And Melin came back for a little bit. I feel so bad for her, though. It's a shame that things worked out the way they did (though she was awesome against those penguins)
"So say we all" -Battlestar Galactica Ritual Chant
Mar 25, 2014 11:16 PM

Feb 2014
i missed having meilin around ;_; i really hope this isn't the last we see of her

also meilin and tomoyo were so cute in this episode! they should get together...
Jun 6, 2014 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah they finally did justice to Meilin after all this time.

Now if only Eriol would spice things up instead of being so utterly boring and non-threatening that would be wonderful.
Jun 17, 2014 12:27 PM

Sep 2013
I'm quite happy to see Meilin-chan make an appearance once more, I felt really sorry for her when she learned Syaoran loves Sakura but she warmed up to the idea and wished Syaoran the best which is really grown up of her, I liked that ^_^

Great episode!
Jul 10, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
YYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

MEILIN IS BACK

SHE BACK

SHEBANG! SHEBANG!

But wait.......oh no, Shaoran called Sakura by her first name. Did Meilin look because he called out to Meilin? Or did she look because she noticed that he said "Sakura?" OF COURSE WE KNOW THE ANSWER. AND THE ANSWER OH GYAD. IT HURTS. AAAAAAAAAAAAH SHIIIIIIIIIT FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! But Tomoyo........

YOOOOOOOOOOO

TOMOYOOOOOOOOOOO

SAVIOUR! BENEVOLENT GODDESS! Shit did she really look like a mother comforting her child.

That must have been really fucking painful. Go all the way to another country just to be told that the one you love has found someone they love. Fuck. Ah gad, fuck it. Tomoyo and Shaoran should be together instead. That's more feasible. Haha what the fuck am I saying, goddamnit Meilin is for Shaoran.

This ain't gon be good. 10 more eps.

I can see myself looking like shit when it's all over.
Dec 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
Welcome back Meilin~
Aww :'(
Most saddest episode so far for me

Jan 31, 2015 5:36 AM

Feb 2008
When she was one of the main characters, she was an unbearable character, making dozens of episodes painful to watch. Now that she only appears in one episode after a dozen, they decide to make a good episode with her, heh.

With 10 episodes remaining, I hope they start delivering good episodes like the recent few.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 17, 2015 11:29 AM
May 2015
who thought that Meilin will turn out to be a great character like this! And Tomoyo is the most mature character in CCS, second Meilin.
Sep 1, 2015 1:40 PM

Sep 2015
second Meilin?
As much as I'm impressed with Meilin's maturity, the most I was stunned by Tomoyo. She is like the best friend possible. She is the only outsider of the Sakura-Shaoran-Meilin-triangle, and she manages it so well. How she knew that Meilin may need her, but also knew Meilin well enough to tell her explicitly that she is there for her if need be. Otherwise, Meilin probably would have been to shy to go there.
Meilin crying in Tomoyo's lap was a wonderful image. :D

Also, I really liked the proud expression on the face of Li's assistant when he watched Meilin at the airport. He saw her grew up all her life, so he must be incredibly proud about who she's become.
I love how the show catches these subtilities and is able to express them without artifically exaggerating them.

(sorry, long first post :P)
Apr 2, 2017 7:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That was a bittersweet episode. Meiling is nice, a bit annoying but overall her feelings for Li were honest. It felt sad that Li preferred Sakura over Meiling. Biggest props to Tomoyo, the girl is so mature for her age. Always being so supportive and thoughtful for others. What is there to not like about her, she's so sweet, gentle and she blends well with anyone. She's brought everyone in the group much closer than before and honest with each other too.

Apr 7, 2017 5:22 PM

Dec 2014
You bring Meilin back just so I can watch her heart get broken! That's so cruel! Now that Shaoran's told Meilin it's time for the real confession. Oh boy!
Jul 30, 2017 9:33 PM

Aug 2007
I really appreciate how Meilin took it. She was mature enough to let Shaoran go for the sake of his feelings and emotions, but at the same time it shows her grieving over lost love. She did not attack him and that's the way it should be. Some people could really learn this.

Aug 17, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2011
Sweet episode. I'm just they resolve the Shaoran Meiling thingy. Other anime or TV shows will just get on and forget it.
Aug 20, 2017 8:08 AM
Nov 2014
I used to hate melin like REALLY hate her. I just can't after this episode. I felt really sorry for her. I hope she finds someone she loves later.
Dec 20, 2017 3:32 PM

Dec 2016
Oh no Meilin is back, hopefully not for long.

Good, Syaoran actually wants to try and confess his love for Sakura.

I do give credit once again to Meilin for her martial art skills but that's about it.

That penguin in the park is in so many episodes, it's used quite a lot for magic purposes.
Jan 20, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
So Tomoyo has assumed the role not only of cupid, but also of advisor and comforting broken hearts, that versatility! Now more than ever I think his character is an important element of the anime series, as well as being my favorite character. From China with fury, I never expected to see Meiling again, so that closes his adventure in the series, who knows if we will see her again in the anime series of 2018.
Aug 27, 2019 6:59 AM

May 2016
I've actually missed Mei Ling quite a lot despite how much of a brat she was so this was very much appreciated. Her martial art skills were definitely the most badass in this episode!

I was worried that this day would come and she took the news as badly as I feared. My heart felt heavy when she walked out of the house holding in her feelings of sorrow and frustration before it absolutely shattered when she started to cry uncontrollably on Tomoyo's lap. This scene would've made me cried regardless of whether I've experienced that kind of rejection but remembering the pain that came with it made it hit way too close to home. Thank goodness Tomoyo knew exactly what she's going through and offered herself as a means of comfort at her greatest time of need.

A give her props for her maturity, having accepted her defeat after crying a river the night before. I wasn't strong enough for that before so I really admire her for that. That departure scene was real bittersweet...

Nov 11, 2019 8:48 PM

Jul 2016
damnnnnn... i didn't even like meiling for like half the time she was on screen for the entire series but in this episode she was so mature and i actually felt kinda sorry for her... i liked her better now compared to the beginning of the series.
Mar 3, 2021 12:56 PM

Oct 2020
I cried my eyes out in this one. Lots of love for Meiling
Apr 28, 2021 1:34 PM

Jul 2016
Best girl Meiling returns, steals all the Saga's budget in an amazingly badass fighting sequence and then leaves while accepting her feelings aren't reciprocated in the most mature way a heartbroken person could handle. Truly one of CCS's best characters and she isn't even canon.
May 7, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2018
So now we'll have this rude Shaoran having his happy accepted relationship with Sakura, while Meiling's long years feelings will remain unanswered?.. Sure, I guess.. Well, authors can do whatever they want, but I think that Sakura has feelings for Yukito stronger than for Shaoran.. At least at this point, and for whole 60 episodes before that.. Surely they can write something now towards the end - anything can happen, really.. Either way, will see, I guess.. I'd be perfectly fine, if Shaoran would be rejected, really.. His feelings are 2 weeks long, really.. Meiling's are years long.. Sakura doesn't have love feelings for Shaoran at all.. She has years love feelings for Yukito.. What more is there to say - I don't know.. Only that I don't like, where this can go.. If Sakura would accept - I expect a good buildup for that.. And I'm not too sure, how they'd be able to pull that off.. Having some nice moments together, what we had - isn't enough for my personal feel.. So one day, it's all friendship, and after some confession - it's all romantic love memories for Sakura suddenly?.. I don't know about that.. But will see.. Just that I really doubt they can make appropriate buildup for Sakura changing her mind at this point..
Jun 4, 2021 7:17 PM

Jun 2014
It was nice to see Meiling again, but it hurt to see her cry, but Shaoran had to be truthful with her.

Now, it's up to Shaoran to tell Sakura how he feels.

Jun 30, 2021 3:47 PM

Jan 2021
I’m happy Meilin matured.
It’s refreshing to see
Jun 30, 2021 3:49 PM

Jan 2021
Awww!!! God damn it!! I’m so emotional That made me tear up!!T_T
Dec 27, 2021 10:42 PM
Jan 2012
Nice episode but the animation was strangely janky.
Apr 18, 2022 8:40 AM
May 2018
gm meilin kinnies/stans! how did u feel after watching episode 60? to me it definitely hit a little to close to home ;w;
May 23, 2022 11:53 AM

Oct 2021
Did we really need another Meilin episode? Well glad to say this one was actually really good, very emotional aswell.

And Tomoyo damn, didn't even wait for the body to get cold and already went for the attack "I like you Meilin-chan" lol what a chad. Just kidding xD
Jun 10, 2023 7:21 AM
Jul 2017
tween romance triangle activated

whack episode just end this trash pls
Oct 12, 2023 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
Tomoyo is everyone's shoulder to lean on. :'3
Jan 13, 8:28 PM

Apr 2017
This is a tragic, but mature episode about Meilin. Even when she found out that Li liked Sakura, she couldn't bring herself to hate Sakura. Very mature reaction, and it shows growth.
Jan 23, 4:05 AM
Oct 2023
When she looked off Shaoran. I know she is about to cry.
So emotional.
Feb 2, 9:20 PM

Sep 2016
At first, I disliked Meilin, but she grew on me.

I hadn't realized I was that emotionally invested in this show. Splendidly executed episode, not ashamed to say I shed a few tears.
TapuChipFeb 2, 9:24 PM
My candies:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 37 Discussion

xxjanism - Aug 7, 2009

36 by CronoGlasses »»
Apr 8, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Sep 12, 2008

76 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 57 Discussion

gohdan - Apr 25, 2010

46 by johneaston »»
Apr 6, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 11 Discussion

enkil - Jun 29, 2009

36 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura Episode 10 Discussion

enkil - Jun 27, 2009

43 by Ch0coPudding »»
Mar 31, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.