Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 9, 2007 9:10 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
You know, if you want to judge a character before the arc has even stared, I'm throwing a bit fat LOL into your direction.

That aint a nice thing to say...
U should not judge other people like that, they like her as she is NOW...
AKA people like her current personality/character, without yet knowing any background story... They have not failed at judging !!!
Dec 9, 2007 9:18 AM

Apr 2007
I think it's not really a matter of judging, but the impression we get. I had the impression that she wouldn't be interesting, but I was wrong.
Dec 9, 2007 9:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah well, you've been through a lot of Fuko episodes and she's grown on almost everyone. I don't think it's a fair thing to say that you'll probably not like this or that character if you haven't even seen one episode dedicated to that character. But that's just me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 9, 2007 10:35 AM

Jul 2007
I'm pretty sure that Kotomi will be my favorite character.

This was also the funniest episode by far. A nice break after the sad ending of Fuko's arc.
Dec 9, 2007 3:22 PM

Aug 2007
Baseless speculation but I believe Ryou plays an integral part in Kyou's arc...There was a subtle hint in the episode by Kyou, try to find it =P
Dec 9, 2007 6:24 PM
Dec 2007
PimpToad said:
Baseless speculation but I believe Ryou plays an integral part in Kyou's arc...There was a subtle hint in the episode by Kyou, try to find it =P
Well, that much is a given. BTW, I've yet to judge the arc itself, it's just the vibe I'm getting from the preview. There's a lot of both Kotomi and Kyou after all. I find Kyou far more interesting than Kotomi right now, although it is nice Kotomi actually grew a little more personality other than "weirdo sitting at the library reading books all day".

Dec 10, 2007 5:38 AM

Nov 2004
Kotomi is so damn cute. The hug between her and Tomoyo-kuma was awesome! I'm definitely looking forward to Kyou and especially Tomoyo's arc after this. Heh. But yeah, Kotomi is way cute. The jokes, the bully bit and stuff were great. And Fuko was not forgotten! The episode confirmed to me that she really was forgotten by everyone though (including Nagisa and Tomoya). I was wondering about that at the end of episode 9 since it was sort of left ambiguous (although leaning towards she's forgotten).

I'm assuming right now that Kyou likes Tomoya but she probably has a complex of not being ladylike or whatever and she seems to be helping her sister out instead who may also like him.
Dec 10, 2007 1:31 PM

Nov 2007
Another funny and exciting episode :)
Dec 11, 2007 5:39 AM

Dec 2007
cyruz said:
You know, if you want to judge a character before the arc has even stared, I'm throwing a bit fat LOL into your direction.

I'd guess some judge based on the game experience.
Dec 11, 2007 5:42 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sure didn't sound like that at all; and since I can't read minds I'm sticking with what I said. (:

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 11, 2007 8:21 PM

Aug 2007
@Akaraxle

From your previous post, it doesn't show that you have any previous experience with the game at all. Anyway, most of us here are entering the world of Clannad as virgins (just wanted to use the word). If you have played the game before, try not to make comments that can potentially spoil the story for us.

Kotomi is getting a lot of love...how can you not like a moe~ character?
MADNESS!!!
Dec 11, 2007 8:44 PM

Oct 2007
Crisu said:

Don't feel stupid. ^^ It's a Japanese culture thing. The boke/tsukkomi (funny man/straight man) style of comedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai

The tsukkomi usually carries a harisen (those giant paper fans) to hit the boke with whenever he says something stupid. If you've seen Full Metal Panic, Kaname whacks Sousuke with it many times. Kyou instead kicks Tomoya in the face. ^_^

Konata and Kagami from Lucky Star are a similar Manzai duo.

oooooooh ok I see it now, never seen FMP but a few others come to mind with the same thing. Thank you for clearing that up! *goes to re-watch that part*
Dec 12, 2007 2:24 AM
Jun 2007
Such a cute episode!!!
Really like it! ^_~
Dec 13, 2007 2:52 AM

Dec 2007
PimpToad said:
@Akaraxle

From your previous post, it doesn't show that you have any previous experience with the game at all. Anyway, most of us here are entering the world of Clannad as virgins (just wanted to use the word). If you have played the game before, try not to make comments that can potentially spoil the story for us.

I think you misunderstood me there :P

Correct, I haven't played the game before; I'm as virgin to Clannad as you and totally loving it! What I meant to say is that some of those people, here or around the Internet, saying that they don't like Kotomi before the anime arc even started might have based their opinions on the game.

Myself, I like Kotomi a lot so far :)
Dec 13, 2007 12:39 PM

Aug 2007
You can't hate moe...you just can't!!!

I think Kotomi is just one of those characters that you prefer over the main one (Nagisa). Of course Tomoyo is also cool, but she is not moe~ enough compared to Kotomi-chan~ xD

Edit: 69th post! Hurray^_^
Dec 14, 2007 6:45 AM
Apr 2007
Am I the only one who pretty much adores Nagisa? XD

Anyway, Kotomi's arc...hmmm...looks good for now. I really liked how Tomoya took it up to stand up for her and help her become more social, even if she didn't ask for it at all. (Wait, isn't it a bit obnoxious then? Oh well. XD) I must say that I was pretty much dissapointed with the violin scene. I mean, I expected her to start playing a piece from Vivaldi (Or whatever other violin composer comes to mind), in stead, she's shredding the whole thing...

No matter, I'll see how it works out. I do hope there'll be a bit more TomoXNagi fluff though <3~
Dec 14, 2007 9:00 PM
Dec 2007
You aren't alone, I find Nagisa so cute. Plus it's obvious why Tomoya feels a bond with her. She's like him ways, but also posseses what he lacks and yearns for (a normal family life). Plus, her family is so damn charming and quirky, you can't help but love them all.

Dec 21, 2007 4:43 AM

May 2007
NANDEYANEN I LL REZOMBIE U YAHHH BICH YAHHH
Dec 28, 2007 1:34 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode XD

Favourite part's were whenever Kotomi would be hugged she'd blush and her Moe-ness would reach level's well over 9000.

I really need a screen of the Tomoyo-Bear / Kotomi hug scene xD I guess I'll get it myself after I'm done episode 12.

Oh and the REZOMBIEEEEEE! hahaha.

IRC:
<_ViM_> REZOMBIE
<Don`tMoveIGotARezombie> I wonder if it's supposed to be a weapon of some kind?

lolol. Oh and as for Kyou... uh, I went the whole episode thinking that Kyou was trying to set up Ryou with Tomoya...? Why didn't I get the Kyou x Tomo vibes? o_O

Violin scene, like someone else said, I expected her to either being really good or horribly bad haha.

ONTO EPISODE ELEVEN! REZOMBIE!
Jan 2, 2008 9:11 AM

Mar 2005
hugging tomoyo-kuma ftw~ too bad tomoyo didn't say anything this episode.

i was gonna say the intelligence average of the girls in clannad seems to be lower than Kanon and Air at this point, despite Kotomi's genius status since she acts as dumb as Fuko did. However I was corrected and now I say she's just eccentric and/or socially maligned. never thought I'd say this but we may need more girls who have more self-esteem than Fuko and Kotomi are providing. Those two were always my least favorites from the game...too bad KyoAni decided to start with what I thought were the weaker two arcs, who knows how many people dropped the show already without getting to the awesomeness of Tomoyo and Kyou.

mai ka~ we move on
Jan 2, 2008 1:39 PM
Dec 2007
kei-clone said:
too bad KyoAni decided to start with what I thought were the weaker two arcs, who knows how many people dropped the show already without getting to the awesomeness of Tomoyo and Kyou.
Who knows if we will ever "see" Tomoyo's arc even. Maybe they will make up for it and do a TOmoyo OVA or something?

Jan 2, 2008 1:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Leon-Gun said:
kei-clone said:
too bad KyoAni decided to start with what I thought were the weaker two arcs, who knows how many people dropped the show already without getting to the awesomeness of Tomoyo and Kyou.
Who knows if we will ever "see" Tomoyo's arc even. Maybe they will make up for it and do a TOmoyo OVA or something?

I believe in the "If the name's listed in the OP, the character will get an arc." - theory. ^^;

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 2, 2008 1:59 PM
Dec 2007
cyruz said:
Leon-Gun said:
kei-clone said:

I believe in the "If the name's listed in the OP, the character will get an arc." - theory. ^^;
I hope, but I don't see how they will be able to develop her as intensely as all other four characters have been so far. Now, if they do the same trick they are doing with Kyou and begin introducing her arc early then they could pull something off. I'll give them a chance. They have been pretty spot-on so far.

Feb 14, 2008 8:49 AM

Oct 2007
I never knew violens could break glass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2008 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
That was a very cute episode and I really like Kotomi's introduction xD. I can't wait to see what else happens with this addition to the group.
Apr 1, 2008 12:55 AM

Jan 2008
that was a great episode. XD
Tomoya-kun konichiwa. lol. XD
REZOMBIE FTW! XP
Jun 5, 2008 5:44 PM
Oct 2007
Ahh, new arc..

Kotomi = kawaii..

Lol @ the violin scene..
Was expecting her to be really good at it, but that was a great laugh..
Jun 14, 2008 10:03 PM
Jun 2008
Kiefferdenn said:
Ahh, new arc..

Kotomi = kawaii..

Lol @ the violin scene..
Was expecting her to be really good at it, but that was a great laugh..

amen to the laughing thing... at first i was thinking to myself "oh my goodness... she can't be that bad!"
Jun 22, 2008 4:28 PM

May 2008
that was a beautiful kick by kyou in the band room.:P
Jul 4, 2008 11:48 AM

Dec 2007
Pretty funny, I hope this show is licensed soon so I can watch it in surround sound.

#NBHNC
Jul 10, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
wow i really like kotomi, she was my favorite from the start, poor sunohara, too bad they didn't add the hole combo sequence... for some reason i think the sunohara and tomoyo would seem better together than tomoyo and tomoya... but we aren't there yet and i have no ideas what happens

First Sig built from scratch 2nd overall^^^
Sep 15, 2008 8:30 PM

Aug 2008
nodoka-koi said:

Haha an awesome start of a new ark.

"Nande yanen"

I laughed so hard i choked. Ichinose says so much funny I probably shouldn't watch Clannad while I'm sick like now. I can't add all of ichinoses comments but seriously:

"Ijimeko?"

LOL same thing here!! Hilarious all the way!
Oct 7, 2008 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
So cute.
Oct 7, 2008 2:22 PM

Sep 2008
watch out for your ears against killer violin users :D
Oct 28, 2008 9:59 PM

May 2008
I wish I had purple-haired girls at my school... especially tsundere ones
Nov 8, 2008 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
That conversation between Nagisa and Kotomi = hilarious win.
"Nagisa-chan are you a bully?" I ROFLed. >__<

Tomoyo... in... bear... suit.... o_o

Kotomi.... violin.... o_o

This episode had a lot of choice moments.

Sig WILL change soon~
Jan 1, 2009 9:51 AM

Jan 2008
Kotomi - Nagisa dialogue was so cute. xD
And what the heck, violin!!! Mah ears!! d°.°b
Jan 23, 2009 11:01 PM
Dec 2007
The violin part was quite humurous.
Mar 11, 2009 9:59 AM

Dec 2008
sounds like kotomi wants to get bullied.
May 31, 2009 2:57 PM

Mar 2009
Good episode, I can't really see where they're going with it now, but I like Kotomi, so it should be good. And atleast, Okazaki and Nagisa are still trying to remember Fuko, I just hope they do bring her back at some point...Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 27, 2009 11:02 PM

Jun 2009
may i now refer kotomi to http://www.violintorture.com/ ?
Jul 6, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
Lol good episode, wonder who the old guy is at the end... kotomi's father maybe?
Sep 6, 2009 3:48 PM

Aug 2009
Loool Kotomi is super cute. :D
I wonder who that old man is.
Sep 13, 2009 4:55 PM
Jun 2008
hahaha! I laughed so much in this episode!
Kotomi is awesome, I'm really looking forward to the next episode, but I don't have time to watch it now =P
Oct 6, 2009 1:04 AM

Dec 2008
Kotomi was omega kawaii ~hauu~

This episode was so funny
When Tomoya told her how to introduce herself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2009 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
Really like the beginning of this episode. Looked really pretty with all the great animation, art and music. Then the nice OP kicks in which is great. Then the rest of this episode is back to the boring Clannadiness with some cool jokes thrown in which don't really save this anime from being what it is - a total letdown.
Dec 18, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
lol, Kotomi's really cute. XD

But the reference to Fuko at the beginning really did break my heart. :(

But my main question is, what's with the robot thing at the begining?
Mar 8, 2010 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
Where are the combo's? :P
I loved how she kept introducing herself to Tomoya xD
Mar 20, 2010 3:21 PM

Jan 2010
yay for another great clannad episode ^^

although ep6 remains my favorite from the ones untill now,it was a great episode :-)

Kotomi is already starting to kill us with her violin xP,jk she's such a great girl :)

it sucks that everybody forgot bout fuko :(

if i'm right the next episode will be AMAZING :D,i know many great scenes from it that i've seen on youtube
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 6, 2010 5:37 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode. Kotomi is so cute when she cowers behind Tomoya.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.