MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Clannad Episode 10 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Clannad »» Clannad Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Clannad Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

197 64.59%
4 out of 5: Liked it

86 28.20%
3 out of 5: It was OK

17 5.57%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.98%
Voters: 305

12-08-07, 6:50 AM

dreamscape said:
Friendlysoul said:
Anyone else got the impression that Kyo is into Tomoya-kun???

I kind've got that impression, but I think she's actually looking out for her sister. I think Ryou likes him. Because Kyou said something to Ryou in the club room later in the episode about chances or something.

I don't think so, I think the whole chance part was referring to Ryou having a chance on Nagisa, remember the episode about them earlier? : )
I also think Kyou likes Tomoya.

My favorite part of this episode was probably the hug between Kyou and Ichinose. Win!

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).

12-08-07, 7:03 AM

I dunno why everyone is acting oblivious here. Kyou likes Tomoya, sure, but she's been setting up her sister for a while now which is why she also got mad when Tomoya tricked Ryou into meeting Nagisa. Ryou may not be a main character, but what's that got to do with anything? You don't need to be a main character to affect the story in some way (and the way things look, Kyou's arc will probably be merged with Kotomi's with a decent amount of Ryou in there for good measure).

Funny and decent opening episode for the new arc. The first part was a good bridge between the two arcs (so sad they forgot about Fuko), and Kotomi is just funny. I also got the impression she could play the violin, but I think it was just the Opening that deceived us into thinking that.

12-08-07, 8:15 AM

Skarith said:
My favorite part of this episode was probably the hug between Kyou and Ichinose. Win!

I second that!!!

Kotomi-chan is simply lovely

YEA YOU HONEY!!!

Here you go Kotomi-chan and Kyo-san!!!

Kyo is actually a bully :P

Kotomi being bullied was a win also.. she can defend herself :P

And of course we present the Violin...

12-08-07, 9:05 AM

haha Kotomi's attempt at a jab was too cute ^.^

12-08-07, 9:16 AM

o_o this thread got big quickly this time...

Anyway, episode thoughts!

I take back what I said about Kotomi. She's just sooo cuute! Her violin skills scared the hell out of me. I was expecting her to be awesome in it, but being forced to study because of her parents. But no! LOL.

I can see the improvement between Nagisa and Tomoya. They just keep getting closer and aren't aware of it. Isn't that just like love happens? I am so glad for how their story is progressing, I just want MORE.

Looks like we're having Kyou's Arc after all. She said "She has yet another rival." I'm sure she means Ryou. I wonder how that will turn out...

I'd also like to point out how I love the animation in the Dream World. There are more frames in the animation, makes it more fluid and eerie. It just fits so nicely, it makes my eyes shine.

Oh! I also like how we just didn't "step over to the next arc," and still have reminiscences of Fuko's arc. Shows just how greatly build the plot and the characters are.

Also, Kyou totally likes Tomoya. She's just a tsundere and wants her sister's happiness more than her own. Come on guys, it's obvious.

"My hobby is bullying weaklings." <-- I LOL'ed so hard.
Modified by AngelLily, 12-08-07, 9:24 AM

12-08-07, 9:52 AM

I enjoyed this episode.

I was thinking they would try to get her out of the her shell, and they did the scenes really well. She was already my favorite characters in the series.

12-08-07, 12:15 PM

xD
This anime is pure win.
She's just sooo cuute! Her violin skills scared the hell out of me.

I damn agree with ya

Looks like we're having Kyou's Arc after all. She said "She has yet another rival." I'm sure she means Ryou. I wonder how that will turn out...

I think that now its Kotomi´s arc, then Kyou/Ryou arc will come.

I'd also like to point out how I love the animation in the Dream World. There are more frames in the animation, makes it more fluid and eerie. It just fits so nicely, it makes my eyes shine.

Yeah same here.

Oh! I also like how we just didn't "step over to the next arc," and still have reminiscences of Fuko's arc. Shows just how greatly build the plot and the characters are.

Yeah, this anime really is something. There are alot of other harems which simply have * plots

Also, Kyou totally likes Tomoya. She's just a tsundere and wants her sister's happiness more than her own. Come on guys, it's obvious.

Yeah. you are probably right. But, maybe Tomoya is right, maybe Kyou is Bi lol

"My hobby is bullying weaklings."

ROFLMAO

12-08-07, 1:29 PM

Another heart-warming episode. i can relate to Tomoya trying to teach Kotomi about manzai.

12-08-07, 1:37 PM

Aw~ I liked this episode a lot :3 I first thought Kotomi were just a silent genius o.o Aw dont know how to say this~ but now I think shes funny :3 I like her hair XDDD And I come to like kyou more x33~
Aw and the preview for the 11th ep was so funny xDDD "what the heck"~

I'm looking forward to the next ep =3

12-08-07, 2:29 PM

Kotomi's arc seems like it'll be pretty good, but not as sad as Fuko's, i hope.
When Kotomi was about to play the violin I though it would be either really good, or awesomely horrible. I'm glad they picked the funnier of the two. It makes me wonder how the recital will go in the next episode.

Of couse everyone likes Tomoya, it makes everything more interesting that way. I'll even bet that Kyou and Ryou confess to Tomoya in the same episode.

12-08-07, 5:01 PM

i gotta say, one of the best episodes since the start of this anime. really, the comedy in here was really awesome, plus the introduction of a silent genius awkward girl wins.

i LOL'd too hard with Tomoya's jab at kyou, and kyou kicking him after.
"ijimeko?" was awesome, specially the way kotomi said it, also, the preview of "nande yanen" was really funny.

"tomoya-kun, konichiwa" that was so expected in most of the times she said it, but even if it was expected, it was fun.

the cute moment here was when they almost remembered fuko, and kotomi's hug with tomoyo.

and really, kyou does like tomoya, its pretty much obvious. in the episode when Ryou readed tomoya's fortune, she said that he would have a fateful meeting. then kyou looked like she had an idea... and the next day, she was the one who met tomoya, in her "bi.."

and, i kinda missed tomoyo's kicks to sunohara... it was fun to watch them again

next episode should be fun

and all hail kotomi's violin skills, everybody shall obey her, or you will have to hear her playing!

"REZOMBIE"
Modified by Richard_Omega, 12-08-07, 5:12 PM

12-08-07, 6:31 PM

There are probably only three things worth mentioning in this episode...

Kotomi-chan's masterful rendition of some violin song...one of the deadliest weapons known to all of mankind!

Preview in which Tomoya rejected Kyou's offer to have some fun, I seriously wonder which team he plays on now...

Kotomi-chan~ xD
Someone made of pure win and a serious contender for SaiMoe '08 is enough of a reason to make this THE BEST EPISODE so far =P

Moeness of the episode makes this a 5/5 for me, Fuko isn't that moe~ enough to get that score from me xD

Nayuki_Love Scanlations, bringing bishojos to a manga near you!

12-08-07, 8:52 PM

AngelLily said:
Nah, they just seemed to have mixed Kotomi's and Kyou's arcs into one to fit the episodes limit. They have to wrap it all up in a finite amount of episodes after all. It's a good choice, considering they complement each other and bring even more light-hearted fun. I don't think it would really be as funny without Kyou, not dissing Kotomi's cuteness and overall ditzyness.

12-08-07, 10:40 PM

i will drop my rating for clannad down to a 9 if kyou doesn't get her own arc!!!

12-08-07, 10:42 PM

yuichii2 said:
i will drop my rating for clannad down to a 9 if kyou doesn't get her own arc!!!

kyou gets her own arc, its ryou who doesnt!
Modified by Friendlysoul, 12-09-07, 12:31 AM

12-09-07, 12:12 AM

ARgh!

I was expecting good violining!

Deceptive OP... :/

12-09-07, 1:49 AM

Hi, first post :P

I was pleasantly surprised with how good Kotomi's arc looks like it's going to be. I read on the Internet that she wasn't exactly the most liked girl, but - as with Fuuko - they managed to present her in a hilarious way.
The violin part totally tipped me off (I seriously thought she was going to own at it), and Kotomi's expression at the mention of her parents really set the mood for another emotionally deep arc.

Go KyoAni!

12-09-07, 4:47 AM

Leon-Gun said:
AngelLily said:
Nah, they just seemed to have mixed Kotomi's and Kyou's arcs into one to fit the episodes limit. They have to wrap it all up in a finite amount of episodes after all. It's a good choice, considering they complement each other and bring even more light-hearted fun. I don't think it would really be as funny without Kyou, not dissing Kotomi's cuteness and overall ditzyness.

That IS a possibility. But I don't know how Kotomi's arc will progress, so I can't really say I agree with you. But Tomoya isn't Mr. Pimp Aizawa. There is a possibility to cover more than one girl at once.

12-09-07, 8:48 AM

I never thought I would like Kotomi as much as I did after watching this episode. She is a very unique character.

Definately looking forward to the next episode. 5/5

12-09-07, 8:57 AM
DB Administrator
You know, if you want to judge a character before the arc has even stared, I'm throwing a bit fat LOL into your direction.

Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions Report Abuse! Master of war with plasma swords.

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices