Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
ssjathena said:
2 Trolls so Far trollface.jpg

Heh, they stick out like sore thumbs.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 7, 2014 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
holy shit, really.
I know that Satsuki and her mother aren't on good terms but that she stabbed
her like that is really... holy shit.
Feb 7, 2014 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
The time when Satsuki and her mother were taking "Hot" baths together is dead now...
Feb 7, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2014
Wtf just happened... What a twist O.O
As i just thought Ryuuko was going to do something awesome, Satsuki backstab her mother :o
Great episode! What's going to happen next, I wonder...
Feb 7, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
WELL WHAT THE HELL OF AN EPIC PLOT TWIST.

This gets more and more interesting everytime. This episode deserves 5/5. Satsuki's betrayal was totally unexpected to me, and now, well, plot's going to fall down like rocks.

This show satisfies me.
Feb 7, 2014 4:24 PM
Nov 2009
As many others in this thread have mentioned, a betrayal was inevitable so that wasn't necessarily the shocking part. The style and brutality in how it was executed was top-notch and makes the twist a strong one. Excellent choice of soundtrack to accompany it and great visuals to boot.

Rebellion is quickly becoming one of my favorite words to see in anime.
Feb 7, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2011
I expected the rebellion, not the impalement of Ragyou.
Either way, seems like that woman's nowhere near dead yet.

Satsuki and Ryuuko have like the same goal now, but pretty sure neither of them will agree to shake hands and become allies.
Signature
Feb 7, 2014 6:22 PM

Nov 2012
"La vie est drôle."

How ironic of Ragyou to be the person to have said that. Her downfall was foretold on an epitaph since the dawn of the Original Life Fiber, and how convenient of her to meet her demise by the hands of her own daughter. It was an epic matricide. A fascinating lethal blow done in a magnificent histrionic manner that made me get up and applause in awe. It was the point of climax we all have waited for.
True. We have all expected that Satsuki is plotting to overthrow the Empress, but the beauty of it all, is the contextual contingency. You could have not possibly corroborate with any substantial proof that Ragyou's bane would have happened as soon as it did, and the way it did. All you could do is exclaim in stupefaction while you're watching Satsuki impale Ragyou with a mighty blow filled with profoundly rooted animus and ferocitty in her back.

I pay respect to the generals she has chosen to rule the Honnouji Gakuen dominion. Their exemplar loyalty is untradable, especially Gamagoori's. That scene where they drink to victory takes a whole different sense once Satsuki's real scheme is unveiled. Which brings us to the Grand Couturier, Nui. She seems to not abide completely to Ragyou's demands, and is presented as a rather psychotic overpowered character with a childish personality, superficially wise.
None of the REVOCs' personnel were really taken in depth though, except Ragyou. Well, she's actually crystal clear. She's a super villain who seeks the world's domination for the hell of it, without any higher purpose. Her eccentricity and grotesque ego are the only things pushing her forward. Her refined choice for clothing and her bias concerning beauty are unshakable and unduly arrogant, and sometimes burlesque as demonstrated by her harlequinesque apparel during the opening ceremony of the Cultural & Sports Grand Festival. And the subliminal message behind is just superbly fitting.

Matoi Ryuuko was left astonished to the sight of a daughter back-stabbing her mother, whom she thought are both her enemies. I don't have to be a psychic to prognosticate Satsuki teaming up with her to dethrone a foe in common. Shit is going to be tight.

And Holy fuck at Trigger for making us so hyped, cum is dripping out of our nose. From an episode where daughter and mother are engaging in what appears to be seemingly an incestuous scene, to an episode where daughter slaughters mother.

Insubordination is through, and the time for the insurgent rebellion has come.

Diese welt ist seltsam. Es ist fraglich aber wahr.
Feb 7, 2014 6:58 PM

Jun 2013
Shit. I really did not expect that. At first I thought it was Ryuko who stabbed Ragyo.
Feb 7, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
Finally shit getting interesting and it only took 17 episodes to do it
Feb 7, 2014 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
It's taken way too long for them to get things going again. Watching the entire cast repeat themselves over and over is not build up.

Feb 7, 2014 7:27 PM

May 2013
ihusmal1234 said:
Was I the only one who thought "Kefka??!!" When Ragyo first appeared during the festival?

Like Kefka and Ultimecia had sex and the baby was birthed on a rainbow.
Feb 7, 2014 7:37 PM

May 2012
Holy crap that was EPIC! I always knew Satsuki-sama will turn out to be some sort of a good guy in the series! ^^ I felt in the kokoro! GO SASTUKI!!! <3
Feb 7, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2009
WAT A TWEEST
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 7, 2014 8:08 PM
May 2012
ihusmal1234 said:
THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Dem plot twists.. Holy shit that backstab was so brutal Ragyo was gurgling blood.

Was I the only one who thought "Kefka??!!" When Ragyo first appeared during the festival?

Oh hell no, I thought the very same! I was so hyped to see her as a jester-like villain.
Feb 7, 2014 8:17 PM

May 2013
I knew it Satsuki would betray the evil dudes she's so good to be evil
Feb 7, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Satsuki might betray Ragyou, but to stab Ragyou in the back (literally) seems a little bit low for her. I always thought if Satsuki were to rebel, she would face off her mother fair and square, and not pull off some low tricks like stabbing her when she least expects it.

Oh well, still a good episode. I want to see what Nui will do.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 7, 2014 10:59 PM
Oct 2012
guyklc said:
I thought Satsuki might betray Ragyou, but to stab Ragyou in the back (literally) seems a little bit low for her. I always thought if Satsuki were to rebel, she would face off her mother fair and square, and not pull off some low tricks like stabbing her when she least expects it.

I think it was just her making a statement that she will not go along with her mothers plans. I mean if you see the preview Ragyou is alive and ready to throw down so something tells me Satsuki knows her mother is immortal, or somewhere along those lines at least
Feb 7, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2013
The face Mako's dad made when talking to Gamagoori was hilarious. I didn't know he could be so serious. +1 to Satsuki for that twist at the end. I've never been a fan of people who believe they are better than everyone else, so seeing Satsuki do that to Ragyou was ..."nice".
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Feb 7, 2014 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
We all knew this was coming. However...

YUUUSSSSSSSSS.
Feb 7, 2014 11:44 PM
Jul 2008
I knew that was going to happen. There was way to many sign's and in satsuki speeches she always had an agenda against her mother. I'd say I knew since her first fight with matoi. Show will become a masterpiece I think, it has the potential.
Feb 7, 2014 11:52 PM

Nov 2011
guyklc said:

That's just the declaration. Not like it ends with just stabbing her. Face her fair and square? This is war.

Feb 8, 2014 12:08 AM
Apr 2013
Do you people even know what a twist is?

A twist is something you didn't see coming. Like at all.

It happens and then you look back at the events and find that the clues were there, just well hidden..

Everyone and their mother was speculating about Satsuki betraying Ragyo right from episode 13. The show itself implied it heavily in episode 16 when Satsuki made that face after her mother said she'd be coming to Hounouji Gakuen.

So how can what Satsuki did be considered a twist?

Also it's kinda eerie and a little sad that literally every new post about this episode just says the exact same thing older posts said:

"Wow, I expected Satsuki to betray her mum but not like this!"

"Awesome and bloody! Woah!"

Or the favourtie "I KNEW IT! I CALLED IT IN AN EARLIER POST" (pastes link)

Rinse and repeat..I know the show is scant on plot but still...

It's like that's the only thing everyone focused on in this episode (as the bath scene was to episode 16).

"Wow, violence! Awesome show! 5/5!"

"Incest! OMG! Ew! But hot though!"

I don't know which is worse, the reaching ("Ragyo is Nobunaga and Satsuki is Mitsuhide", "Ragyo looked like Harlequin" "Evangelion!" "Chronos!" "Cutie Honey!") or the shallow replies...

Feb 8, 2014 12:47 AM

Oct 2011
Quick question, ollythirteen:

Does it make you feel cool or smart to insult others? To call their enthusiasm petty, useless, or annoying?

Many people saw the hints, but the severety of the possible rebellion was never hinted at; regardless of if we expected it or not, the defining moment impacted a good 98% of us. It was visceral, satisfying, gruesome, and amazing to behold - foreshadowing be damned.

When you post on MAL or other anime site in the future, please contribute to the discussion or don't post at all. Belittling others and acting like an elitist adds nothing.

Next time, just stop after typing your thoughts, and post those - no need for insults or elitism.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 8, 2014 1:17 AM
Aug 2013
that was tight
Feb 8, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:

Does it make you feel cool or smart to insult others? To call their enthusiasm petty, useless, or annoying?

Many people saw the hints, but the severety of the possible rebellion was never hinted at; regardless of if we expected it or not, the defining moment impacted a good 98% of us. It was visceral, satisfying, gruesome, and amazing to behold - foreshadowing be damned.

When you post on MAL or other anime site in the future, please contribute to the discussion or don't post at all. Belittling others and acting like an elitist adds nothing.

Next time, just stop after typing your thoughts, and post those - no need for insults or elitism.

If you've seen his posts and reviews, you'll know that he likes to insult the intelligence of people that don't share his views.
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 8, 2014 2:27 AM
Apr 2013
BRSxIgnition said:

Quick question BRSxIgnition,

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT AN INSULT IS?

Call it elitism. Call it trolling. It's completely fine and dandy if you want to put a label on criticism (constructive or otherwise) but you shouldn't be surprised when people call out what is essentially a love-fest towards "Kill la Kill"'s very tiny strengths while it's many, many, MANY weaknesses are ignored.

The fact of the matter is that not everyone will blindly like something because of its outer-sheen when its severely weak inner structure is peeking right through.

I don't know who died and made you King of My Anime List but yeah your request has been disregarded.

Do yourself as favour and take your own advice.

What a silly thing to ask me to do while posting an insult ("elitism") at the same time.

Feb 8, 2014 2:39 AM

Apr 2013
So is Satsuki a good guy now or..?
What are you looking here for
Feb 8, 2014 2:44 AM
Apr 2013
migohunter said:
BRSxIgnition said:

If you've seen his posts and reviews, you'll know that he likes to insult the intelligence of people that don't share his views.

Insult the intelligence of people who don't share my views...hmmm...in reviews...hmmm.

Don't know about reviews (seeing as I don't even expect people to read them) but when posting about Kill la Kill (the only show I've posted about in forums since joining this site) I go in on the show's plenty weaknesses not other people or their intelligence.

As far as insulting others is concerned I merely bite back when bitten.

I'll rant about how this show took 15 episodes to start telling a story that's barely even there.

I'll rant about not very strong characterization.

I'll rant about how a lot of the people who like this show are just projecting their love of Gurren Lagann onto it (it is true for quite a few people).

I'll rant about how the writer sets up big nothings and how certain set ups don't go anywhere like the Tsumugu/Ryuuko stand off that ended the last ep but was quickly dissipated this ep.

I'll rant about how the writer doesn't know how to handle certain things (a lot of people in this thread posted about how Mako is beginning to be annoying because she ruins certain moods).

I'll attack other posters who attack me (those AoT jerk offs in the ep 16 discussion).

But I won't go after other viewers of the show.

My posts go largely ignored. And I ignore a lot of other posts.

So if you want to speak up about something I do that you don't like try not hiding behind someone who did.

Seems like Gang Mentality (seeing as these threads are usually a love-fest).

Feb 8, 2014 3:04 AM
Apr 2013
They really need to hurry up with the reveal of Satsuki's pops and Ryuuko's mama because I'm not sure what effect introducing a new character so late in will have on the show now that its major players have been cemented.

Just where the hell is this show going anyway?

And does it have any surprises left?

Feb 8, 2014 3:12 AM

Jul 2010
I didn't expect that kind of ending but that was a great episode as usual.
Feb 8, 2014 3:28 AM
Nov 2013
I expected something like this to happen at some point, but it sure was one of the most spectacular and epic scenes i have seen in Anime. Pure Imaishi style.
100/5
Feb 8, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2011
ollythirteen said:

Core of the series or not, I can't take this show seriously anymore. It falls short in the comedy department, it falls short in the action department, it falls short in the character department it falls short period.

ROFL!!
Since when KLK were to be taken seriously ?!?!
Please Drop this show
Feb 8, 2014 3:47 AM
Apr 2013
@ ssjathena:

Since when was Kill la Kill supoposed to be taken seriously you ask? Oh, I dunno how about the many times it suggested we take it seriously such as when that kid was killed by Gamagoori in episode 1. Or how about when Ryuuko went berserk? Sanageyama stitching his eyes shut? Ryuuko losing senketsu perhaps? Ryuuko getting mad when they ask her and Senketsu to destroy other life fibers leading to a stand off btw herself and Tsumugu? Every single moment where Mako interrupts? (It's like the writer does this on purpose, as though he thinks the show is getting too serious or something)

But yeah art-style wa kiraijanai. Dakara I'll keep watching to the end.

It's like Space Dandy: a beautiful mess (though Space Dandy's last episode was pretty sweet).

Feb 8, 2014 4:00 AM

Nov 2011
@ollythirteen
Wow this show really haunts you..lol
hard to swallow that you made it to the 17th Ep

Have fun being critically serious hyper sensitive about a show where people get raped in the ass by a 1m long bamboo sowrd and still live.
Feb 8, 2014 4:33 AM
Apr 2013
@ssjathena: interesting, we share the same views on this show it seems, the view being "it kinda sucks but I'm watching it anyway because of X reason".

I mean I'm not sure why anyone would invest 17 episodes into a show THEY DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY unless it had something that compensated for its major weakness in this case the said weakness being an inability to be taken seriously by those watching.

My reason is its art style. What's your reason? The action? Couldn't be. The characters then? Probably not.

Ah... The aesthetics then! It's glorious music, art and look.

Sounds about right.

So if you ever say this show is awesome I can assume you don't mean the story? Since you don't seriously, I mean.

Jolly good. I assume that when the show is over you'll probably forget all about it? Since you don't take it seriously, I mean.

Hmm. An interesting journey into the mind of a Kill la Kill fan.

Very interesting indeed.

One question, did you find Attack on Titan to be a good anime?

I felt that show sucked ass but still watched it to the end just to see if it could save itself. It recovered a bit with the Female Titan Arc but those inappropriately placed flashbacks, man - they were.a bother.
(Kinda like how Mako is becoming a bother)

Feb 8, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2013
That was random.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 8, 2014 5:05 AM

Nov 2011
@ollythirteen
Never said it sucks , has a lot of downs but does it's main purpose : Entertainment.
if it were to aesthetics and art/animation I'd say Afro Samurai is the best show ever but it isn't

So your logic: I don't take this show seriously >> I actually don't give a fuck about everything? Nah nice try Mr.samrtypants . but I'll give you a cookie for trying.
Interesting Journey to the mind of a Wanna Be Critic/troll

I'll ask you politely again : Please Drop this show for the love of God/Christ/Buddha/Nietzsche etc.. , it harms you. it really do , it's really observed by everyone here.

about AoT : Epic first Episode , Then it started going Meh until the female Titan Arc. yeah a good show but not the greatest thing ever made as it's fans say.
to be honest I am enjoying KLK a lot more than AoT.
Feb 8, 2014 5:14 AM

Oct 2010
i thought this might happen, but damn what a cliffhanger
Feb 8, 2014 5:26 AM

May 2012
I kinda hoped that she would have died when Satsuki did her thing...

ollythirteen said:
@ssjathena: interesting, we share the same views on this show it seems, the view being "it kinda sucks but I'm watching it anyway because of X reason".

I mean I'm not sure why anyone would invest 17 episodes into a show THEY DON'T TAKE SERIOUSLY unless it had something that compensated for its major weakness in this case the said weakness being an inability to be taken seriously by those watching.

My reason is its art style. What's your reason? The action? Couldn't be. The characters then? Probably not.

Sounds about right.

So if you ever say this show is awesome I can assume you don't mean the story? Since you don't seriously, I mean.

Jolly good. I assume that when the show is over you'll probably forget all about it? Since you don't take it seriously, I mean.

Very interesting indeed.

I felt that show sucked ass but still watched it to the end just to see if it could save itself. It recovered a bit with the Female Titan Arc but those inappropriately placed flashbacks, man - they were.a bother.

the first 3 episodes of AoT were good...
Feb 8, 2014 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
migohunter said:
ssjathena said:

and they come in different forms
Feb 8, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
k11chi said:

Agreed.
In Terms of Direction,Art and Impact ..the first Episode of AoT was a Masterpiece. any one who denies that need to be raped by Sanageyma and his Bamboo Sword.
Feb 8, 2014 5:39 AM
Apr 2013
ssjathena said:
@ollythirteen
Never said it sucks , has a lot of downs but does it's main purpose : Entertainment.
if it were to aesthetics and art/animation I'd say Afro Samurai is the best show ever but it isn't

So your logic: I don't take this show seriously >> I actually don't give a fuck about everything? Nah nice try Mr.samrtypants . but I'll give you a cookie for trying.
Interesting Journey to the mind of a Wanna Be Critic/troll

I'll ask you politely again : Please Drop this show for the love of God/Christ/Buddha/Nietzsche etc.. , it harms you. it really do , it's really observed by everyone here.

about AoT : Epic first Episode , Then it started going Meh until the female Titan Arc. yeah a good show but not the greatest thing ever made as it's fans say.
to be honest I am enjoying KLK a lot more than AoT.

But ssjathena buddy! Pal! I thought we were "Kill la Kill Sucks" nakamas!

I am hurt (and being sarcastic).

And if we were to go by your logic, then I'd have to ask YOU politely to drop the show since it's a disturbing thought that you've spent 17 episodes watching a show you can't take seriously.

Pretty more valid a reason to drop a show than finding major flaws with it and voicing them, if you ask me. Pretty harmful stuff, brain-rotting entertainment, what with impressionable casual viewers like yourself. Don't want people being buggered by sticks and girls being raped by school uniforms to be emulated and what not.

I'm not going to ask you to drop the show, though. Because unlike you and the other guy I don't really care if someone doesn't have the same opinion as me enough to ask them to do stuff like drop the show or stop posting etc

I have my opinion this is a forum and it shall be voiced. People agree, people disagree. That, therefore, is the end of that.

Feb 8, 2014 5:42 AM
Apr 2013
k11chi said:
I kinda hoped that she would have died when Satsuki did her thing...

ollythirteen said:

Sounds about right.

Very interesting indeed.

I thought it was good up until episode 5 when in the middle of an approach for battle it cut away to a flashback of the soldiers learning about Titans.

Gave me a "The End is Near" kinda feeling.

Then the "Battle of Trost" Arc began with no ending in sight...

Feb 8, 2014 5:43 AM

Dec 2012
I totally expected this rebellion from Satsuki.
Now it's Matoi,Satsuki and the Elite Four Vs Life Fibres group gonna be so Epic.
lol the DTR part
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Feb 8, 2014 5:51 AM
Apr 2013
ssjathena said:
migohunter said:
ssjathena said:

Meanwhile, the troll was left unsurprised by the reactions of the "This Show is the Best - Let's Ignore Its Flaws" ORGY participants.

Feb 8, 2014 6:55 AM

Mar 2011
Dafaq was that twist.
Feb 8, 2014 7:09 AM

Oct 2012
Um
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Feb 8, 2014 7:52 AM

Oct 2013
that was such a major jaw drop , I didn't see that coming.
Feb 8, 2014 8:43 AM
Sep 2013
ollythirteen said:
ssjathena said:
migohunter said:
ssjathena said:

Meanwhile, the troll was left unsurprised by the reactions of the "This Show is the Best - Let's Ignore Its Flaws" ORGY participants.

As a certain character once told me:
http://i58.tinypic.com/35l6wyu.png
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

876 by TheWizardSaturn »»
Apr 11, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MCAL - Nov 6, 2013

278 by Nublager »»
Apr 8, 2:00 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

391 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 7, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.