Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 8, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2008
"It's fanservice."
Why yes, it is!

A little too many boobs shots this time and I'm not sure I buy Big Sis' role in this anime. I don't know, it's not like she started from hating Haruka, but her infatuation with her feels rushed and forced to me. Oh well, the rest is nice so it's all good in the end.
Feb 8, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
text27 said:
friedchicknfairy said:
omggg mitsuki likes haruka! i really wanted them to kiss lmao i like them together better! i hope they hook up somehow in the later episodes.

& shizuku's "fanservice" part was so funny & cute hahhah. what an adorable way to break the 4th wall!

Aversa said:
It was a nice episode i guess and filled with jealousy and almost a kiss between Haruka and the older sister.
But jealousy intervened with that part.
That Starbucks looked like a man unfriendly place almost like man weren't allowed at all from the looks of it.

i feel like this entire show is man-unfriendly lmao. i haven't seen a single male character since it started!
what do you mean man unfriendly? not every anime need a badass male lead. -_-

Well I assumed the person I quoted just meant "man-unfriendly" as "lacking men". Lol

Ciara said:
"It's fanservice."
Why yes, it is!

A little too many boobs shots this time and I'm not sure I buy Big Sis' role in this anime. I don't know, it's not like she started from hating Haruka, but her infatuation with her feels rushed and forced to me. Oh well, the rest is nice so it's all good in the end.

Yeah I agree that Mitsuki liking Haruka so quickly was kind of... quick lol.

Feb 8, 2014 1:27 PM

Aug 2013
Mitsuki is in love with Haruka already?? So is Haruka going to get her own harem - or whatever the yuri equivalent of that is :O

Even playing a witch Yuu-chan is just too cute >.<

"Fan-service" ahaha!
Feb 8, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
Snow White'll be interestin
Feb 8, 2014 2:53 PM
Jan 2014
"It's fanservice."
Lol'd.
Cool episode but too many boob shots.
Feb 8, 2014 5:03 PM

Feb 2012
iLostReason said:

Yes yes, i know Mitsuki is all shy and stuff, but what i meant is that there is no reason for her to like Haruka at all.Until recently she didnt even know how Haruka looks like, and all feelings towards her were ''get away from my sister'' - making her like Haruka seems imo so useless, like idk, plot device to get things more ''interesting'' (which as i can see, worked on some).Also, you said that Yuu is a cockblocker, because she stopped Haruka from kissing her sister (which wouldnt happen i think, Haruka would stop herself), but she was just taking whats hers.Its her who knows Haruka for years, and its them who...love each other, not Mitsuki.
Also, i dont really...HATE Mitsuki, its probably as you said, shes just in Yuu's way and i dislike it.
Ah, and i dont dislike some good tsundere characters.When they know their place xd

You're missing a lot of points dude. I, however, understand where you're coming from lol Pretty Much a Yuu&Haruka Shipper. lol

As for your statement saying "that there's no actual reason for her to like Haruka" I really chuckled there for a bit, Honestly. She does have the right to actually like who she wants to like every other characters on a romcom/yuri/fanservice anime series. Lol, why are you taking out her right to love someone? -.-

Until recently she didnt even know how Haruka looks like, and all feelings towards her were ''get away from my sister'' - making her like Haruka seems imo so useless, like idk, plot device to get things more ''interesting'' (which as i can see, worked on some

Love at first sight? Have you been really watching romance themed shows? lol I guess that would briefly explain my response to this statement of yours.

Also, you said that Yuu is a cockblocker, because she stopped Haruka from kissing her sister (which wouldnt happen i think, Haruka would stop herself), but she was just taking whats hers.Its her who knows Haruka for years, and its them who...love each other, not Mitsuki.

Yes, it was indeed a cockblocker and my reason is, While we've been seeing kisses from Haruka and Yuu for almost all of the time, its quite becoming a pain sometimes, we need some sort of a diversion, which is why Mitsuki is there to spice all the things up happening between Yuu and Haruka. Yes, I know they're Canon and we'll probably see more of them Kissing like lesbian hotties but Mitsuki should've at least One Kiss or Two from Haruka to make this show more interesting and lovable. One or Two wouldn't Hurt. That's all i'm asking for. I hope Deen does it though.

Actually If only Haruka knows what's Mitsuki is feeling about her, They actually have a chance of having a kiss (at least once) They're blushing whenever they face each other so I hope Deen makes a little exception and Do it (for the good of the show of course)
Feb 8, 2014 5:11 PM

Feb 2012
EphidelAMV said:

Huh?... Are you saying Yuu doesn't want, doesn't like Haruka? Are we watching the same anime?

Did I ever mention something about them not liking each other? NO. I hope that clears your query. Read before busting up any statement. I was pointing out the fact that Mistuki likes Haruka but never did mention anything like Yuu doesn't Haruka lol You're Funny Lol.

EphidelAMV said:

Agree to disagree, discussion may continue, but no side is going to convince the other.

That's why I won't anymore work myself up just to defend my side, It's pointless.

ciara said:

I Agree to some extent but the fact that the source material was a 4-koma manga and the show being 12 episodes only will rather make the supporting characters development/s go into waste which is why that's the case. It feels rushed and forced but I think a lot of anime shows have already done an awful job like this for like the previous decade now so i think it's just okay.
Altaria-chanFeb 8, 2014 5:24 PM
Feb 8, 2014 5:19 PM

Nov 2013
these overwhelming female moe shows...if they had a male character, it would be a harem
Feb 8, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2010
Bluuberry said:
iLostReason said:

Yes yes, i know Mitsuki is all shy and stuff, but what i meant is that there is no reason for her to like Haruka at all.Until recently she didnt even know how Haruka looks like, and all feelings towards her were ''get away from my sister'' - making her like Haruka seems imo so useless, like idk, plot device to get things more ''interesting'' (which as i can see, worked on some).Also, you said that Yuu is a cockblocker, because she stopped Haruka from kissing her sister (which wouldnt happen i think, Haruka would stop herself), but she was just taking whats hers.Its her who knows Haruka for years, and its them who...love each other, not Mitsuki.
Also, i dont really...HATE Mitsuki, its probably as you said, shes just in Yuu's way and i dislike it.
Ah, and i dont dislike some good tsundere characters.When they know their place xd

You're missing a lot of points dude. I, however, understand where you're coming from lol Pretty Much a Yuu&Haruka Shipper. lol
Pretty much this.I think this conversation is kind of pointless now.We both ''ship'' different couple and no matter what we say or how much effort we put in trying to convience the other one we just wont be able to do it.Therefore! i will enjoy my Yuu x Haruka and you enjoy Mitsuki x Haruka xD

Just here:
As for your statement saying "that there's no actual reason for her to like Haruka" I really chuckled there for a bit, Honestly. She does have the right to actually like who she wants to like every other characters on a romcom/yuri/fanservice anime series. Lol, why are you taking out her right to love someone? -.-
You misunderstood me, i didnt mean like ''stop loving Haruka! shes Yuu's'' like stupid fanboy, i meant that at least in this show, they didnt show us why did Mitsuki fall in love with Haruka (as in, what is the reason of her love after she kind of hated her before), but this again leads to love at first sight, and if i start to talk about it we wont be able to finish this convo, thats why ill stop here.
Anyways yeah.
Feb 8, 2014 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
iLostReason said:
You misunderstood me, i didnt mean like ''stop loving Haruka! shes Yuu's'' like stupid fanboy, i meant that at least in this show, they didnt show us why did Mitsuki fall in love with Haruka (as in, what is the reason of her love after she kind of hated her before), but this again leads to love at first sight, and if i start to talk about it we wont be able to finish this convo, thats why ill stop here.
Anyways yeah.

Let me at least elaborate a little bit of Why did she fall in love (at least on my part)

First, Sakura Trick is a 4-koma manga, as much as i'd hate or love where the development of Mitsuki on Haruka is going, it's really going to be forced and quick.

Second, The adaptation is merely 1-cour, Maybe Deen decided to cut a few parts of the manga wherein it all happened. Who Knows right? The manga isn't fully translated yet so i have no idea on what's to happen either.

Third, As it was mentioned that She was clueless about that Haruka person in the previous episodes since Yuu was always head over heels about her (Talking about everytime about Haruka) making her feel uneasy on why her sister is on all about her (somewhat hated haruka back then), She then was curious about it and went to see what she really was like. After witnessing the actual appearance of Haruka, She then falls in Love with her. Actually it's really simple, This is the best way on how i could explain on why she falls in love with Haruka. basically like i said on my previous post, Love at first sight. That's the best way to put it. No other explanations needed.
Feb 8, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2012
Bluuberry said:
Maybe Deen decided to cut a few parts of the manga wherein it all
happened. Who knows right?

In fact, Htsuji has been very carefully comparing the manga chapters with the anime
episodes. Up to this point, nothing in the manga has been omitted from the anime.
Also, the order of the story in the anime exactly follows the order in the manga. This
is a remarkably straightforward adaptation by Studio DEEN. They were wise not to
mess up something which was already outstanding.

Bluuberry also said:
Love at first sight.

This happens all the time in real life. The story seems entirely realistic to me. It
is a stupid way to select a romantic partner, but people in the real world do a lot
of stupid things. I think that Mitsuki is torn between her strange sexual feelings
regarding Haruka and her intelligent realization that it makes no sense at all. At
this point, she is in the "questioning' stage. Later on, she will figure out exactly
where she belongs in the LGBTQ rainbow.
okanaganFeb 8, 2014 8:09 PM
Feb 8, 2014 8:40 PM

Feb 2012
okanagan said:

In fact, Htsuji has been very carefully comparing the manga chapters with the anime
episodes. Up to this point, nothing in the manga has been omitted from the anime.
Also, the order of the story in the anime exactly follows the order in the manga. This
is a remarkably straightforward adaptation by Studio DEEN. They were wise not to
mess up something which was already outstanding.

Well, that's good to hear then, I am somewhat relieved by the fact that nothing was omitted, Hands down to Deen for not messing or cracking the source material.

Okanagan also said:

This happens all the time in real life. The story seems entirely realistic to me. It
is a stupid way to select a romantic partner, but people in the real world do a lot
of stupid things. I think that Mitsuki is torn between her strange sexual feelings
regarding Haruka and her intelligent realization that it makes no sense at all. At
this point, she is in the "questioning' stage. Later on, she will figure out exactly
where she belongs in the LGBTQ rainbow.

Quite Agreed with half of your statement but I really like the fact that she's having that sexual desire for Haruka. It makes the show more appealing for the "Yuri" genre as a whole. Not to mention how cute the cast is and how cute Mitsuki is when she's realizing something that doesn't make sense at all. I just hope that we'll got something from Her and Haruka (at least a Kiss would suffice) later on to make the show looks more balanced. She should Gay for Haruka. Will feel really depressed if it went somewhere else.
Feb 8, 2014 9:00 PM

Feb 2012
EphidelAMV said:

Fair enough. (Re-read your own comment back there, that's what your wording makes me understand)

LOL. Dude, I was all up discussing about Mitsuki's affection for Haruka and its surrounded arguments. Clear? I didn't mention anything about Yuu and haruka disliking each other. That's not my problem anymore if you didn't understand what i'm trying to point out. Was all stating that i like Mitsuki for Haruka more than Yuu. Case closed.

This would completely destroy the essence of the series and drifting waaay too far from realistic, even further than what it is right now... Haruka should give a kiss with her because of a one-sided crush by Mitsuki? When Haruka feelings for Yuu? Doesn't matter if its Mitsuki or any other character, it would have the same destructive effect on what the series is... Why should the show have kisses between characters that already have someone else with whom they share mutual feelings?

Am I too naive for believing that they should be faithful with each other?...

On a side-note, this has been the first time I am really active on a forum here, good discussion.

What, How would it destroy the source material? It's just One Kiss ffs. Fanservice like that wouldn't hurt that much. Maybe you're too attached with your favorite Ship that's why you're all saying this? I am quite biased here 'cause i'm speaking for the side of Mitsuki not the two main Canon pairing.

Dude, Almost every other anime show is doing this, Even great shows with little to none of that content called fanservice in the source material are doing this lol

Realistic? lol Even with Mitsuki around, it still looks Realistic from my perspective. Having an NTR content which pretty much happens in REAL LIFE has been done for ages now. So saying that its unrealistic is a complete invalid argument.

As for the NTR reference if you don't know what it is, I suggest that you watch more Hentai shows to completely understand what im pointing out.
Altaria-chanFeb 8, 2014 9:08 PM
Feb 8, 2014 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Dat fanservice scene at the end.... LMAO That was hilarious.
Feb 8, 2014 11:28 PM

Feb 2012
EphidelAMV said:

I consider any heavy distortion/change as destruction of the source material. (Too radical? Maybe)

About fanservice, the manga does not have fanservice, and the anime seems to have it for the sake of sex appeal, thankfully it does not distort the source material in any way (as mention by okanagan above ^^^)(I was into the manga before the anime started airing, I would feel betrayed of they did heavy changes when adapting it into the anime).

Biased? I am of the kind of people who takes the content as it is (biased to the content I guess? Shipping the content?). If the actual content was: lets say... Haruka and Shizuku, where Yuzu has a crush on Shizuku, I'd stick with the content. Haruka&Shizuku. Call me conformist if you wish, that just how I go about things like this. (With this you can probably tell I am not big into romance tagged stuff, I was not even aware of the word "shipping" until yesterday)

It is a valid argument contextually: genre-wise. I know what NTR is, I have never seen any kind of NTR on the kinds of animes I like to watch: "peaceful/healing" slice of life comedies (one of the takes on slice of life), which Sakura Trick is, where NTR does not belong in, and would feel horribly jarring.

(This is NTR if I understand correctly: When the love interest (may or may not be a couple already) is taken away from the character by another, where the love interest willingly or unwillingly does it.)

EDIT: Edited to end my place in the conversation, see you on the next episode's thread, I guess.

Dude, You're quite leaving out of the argument being discussed.

I was just pinpointing the If's and Hoping it would actually happen in reality. I am referring to Mitsuki on having at least one secret accidental kiss from Haruka. It's not actually radical lol as far as the source material is concerned. Dude, You're really getting way out of hand here. It's quite even laughable that i went through all that shizz just to prove and explain to you my side.

Having at least a couple of fanservice will actually balance everything out so putting up some additional original content will not horribly put the show to waste. That's what i'm trying to point out.

Well, I will end mine here.
Feb 9, 2014 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
Am loving this series with all its lesbians, lol. Not a single male character and maybe three girls who are straight that we've seen, period.

Love the big-breasted oneesan who wants to kiss Haruka herself. If there is not doujinshi of Haruka in a threesome with both sisters, someone needs to get on that shit. Rules 34 & 35, people!

Such fanservice, I love it, heehee. Especially the end with the nice detailed shot of Shizuku, only to swerve us with the chibified version turning and deadpanning "It's fanservice."

So thus far we have:
Kotone x Shizuku
Haruka x Yuu
Mitsuki x Haruka
Mitsuki x Yuu (in Haruka's head anyway, and if they decided to share her I could see some forbidden yuri incest)

I still think the straight girls may secretly crave one another, but are too embarassed by all their obviously gay friends to express their love. I also love how the straight girls are often, in the humor, literally the 'straight girls'. :P

Next week: More kissing, I suspect, and more bouncing breasts. Yay this show :P
Feb 9, 2014 1:06 AM

Oct 2012
The post is only for serious Yuzu fans.
okanaganFeb 9, 2014 1:41 AM
Feb 9, 2014 2:09 AM
Mar 2013
I agree with those who think it seems to be somewhat unlikely for Mitsuki falling in love with Haruka that quickly. I got same feeling when I read the manga.
But firstly, Haruka wasn't a stranger to Mituki. Yuu and Haruka became best friends when they entered middle high school. Since then, Yuu had been telling Mitsuki about Haruka's story all the time. So, Mituki knew of Haruka for more than three years.
In addition to this, the author of the manga repeatedly hinted that Mitsuki and Yuu had same tastes and tendencies in many situations.
Also, Yuu had never invited Haruka to her home if Mitsuki was there. The reason is not revealed yet. It could be because she worried Mitsuki might dislike Haruka. But if that is the case, which is in contradiction to the fact Yuu likes telling stories about Haruka. I guess she would have kept them secret if she had worried Mitsuki could hate Haruka. It is just my imagination but she had some unconscious mind that she hoped her sister liked Haruka to some extent but not too much because Mitsuki would be her rival -- for they shared the same tastes. And Yuu was right, I suppose.
htsujiFeb 9, 2014 8:30 AM
Feb 9, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
Awww Yuu-chan getting jealous of her sister for almost getting a kiss :)

And their kiss under the sheets in the class o lord.
Feb 9, 2014 3:04 AM

Oct 2012
I think it is understandable that many people were displeased that the sudden
attraction of Mitsuki for Haruka looked like an obvious unmotivated plot device.
But this has led to an interesting discussion and I think that Htsuji has made a
good summary. I feel willing to give the manga author the benefit of the doubt
that the characters have some psychological depth. On the other hand, this is
four-panel (4-koma), so some random silliness is to be expected as well.

- - - - - - -

Next, I feel very interested to look more closely at the relationship between
Kaede and Yuzu. I am not sure what I am seeing, but it does not quite look
like an ordinary friendship between Japanese high school girls.

When the voice actresses for Kaede and Yuzu were interviewed on a TV
show, they provided some background about the relationships among the
various characters. This seemed to go beyond what the manga says. We
have to take this as official information, since it was clearly printed on a
card. To describe the relationship between Kaede and Yuzu, they did not
use the normal Japanese word for "friend" or "friendship". instead, they
used the unusual expression "aibou" (相棒). Google Translate tells me that
this can be translated into English as "homie", as in the phrase "Whassup
homie!" It could also be "partner" or "pal" or "accomplice". So it certainly
implies some kind of friendship.

I don't want to go into explicit detail here, but if you look closely at the
two kanji that are used to form the phrase 相棒, it could be possible to see
some specifically lesbian subtext.
Feb 9, 2014 3:55 AM

Jan 2008
Bluuberry said:

I Agree to some extent but the fact that the source material was a 4-koma manga and the show being 12 episodes only will rather make the supporting characters development/s go into waste which is why that's the case. It feels rushed and forced but I think a lot of anime shows have already done an awful job like this for like the previous decade now so i think it's just okay.

I think the major problem I have with Big Sis development is that she came in one episode with her rushed plot point and everything else was put on the bus. Like Shizuku x Her Blond Friend (sorry, don't remember all names yet) or more screentime for characters we still don't know much about. We probably won't know terribly much because it's not type of show to have thiiiiis lengthy psychological analysis and whatnot, but it still feels like everything was pushed aside because hey, Big Sis comes in. Personally, I would save Haruka x Mitsuki for mid-series.

And I'd rather not excuse some flaws because "everything/everyone does the same". Not my style.
Feb 9, 2014 4:11 AM
Mar 2013
As for the word "Aibou", which originally means a partner when you work. I guess an English equivalent for "Aubou" is "Buddy." (Aibou means "accomplice", too.)
Etymologically, "Ai" means "with each other", "Bou" is a stick. When a worker and his buddy carry a large item, he may use a pole and put the item hanging under it, and he holds the front end of the pole while the buddy is at the other end, then they walk in step to carry it.
So, if someone is your Aibou, he or she accompanies you in your activities.
Aibou doesn't usually implies homosexuality but it is possible.
htsujiFeb 9, 2014 9:47 AM
Feb 9, 2014 5:12 AM

Feb 2012
Blind_Guardian said:

Love the big-breasted oneesan who wants to kiss Haruka herself. If there is not doujinshi of Haruka in a threesome with both sisters, someone needs to get on that shit. Rules 34 & 35, people!

YES, i really loved that one. Deen should do something over that like i said on my previous statements.

It's probably gonna happen anyway but it's gonna be either messed up or damn mediocre compared to the original (Series and Manga overall) but I'm gonna check it out anyway.

We should see more of Mitsuki meddling around with Haruka. Mitsuki x Haruka all the way (I don't really care if they're not canon but i hope it happens)
Feb 9, 2014 5:32 AM

Oct 2012
Hi Htsuji. Thanks for your clear explanation of the individual kanji 相 and 棒 in the
phrase "aibou" (相棒). It was along the lines of what I had in mind. Like you said,

相 can mean "with each other" and I think it can mean "mutually" as well.

棒 can mean "a stick" and I think it can mean "a rod" as well.

According to apparently-official information about Sakura Trick, Kaede and Yuzu are
well-described as "aibou". Indeed, perhaps "aibou" simply means "partner" or "pal"
or "buddy" or "accomplice" and there is no intended yuri subtext.
Feb 9, 2014 6:58 AM
Mar 2013
One more thing. Referring the relation between Yuzu and Kaede as Aibou hints that it is openhearted and somewhat boyish.
Feb 9, 2014 8:07 AM

Feb 2012
I really hated it when suddenly Yuu knocked Haruka up! That wasn't nice. Not very nice. We're all there waiting for them to touch each other cute lips but WHYY WHYY. I hope we really get some next week.

^ DAMN SO CLOSE. So Fucking Close that I want to slap my screen when it was blocked by Yuu.
Altaria-chanFeb 9, 2014 8:12 AM
Feb 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
Rather average episode but that kiss under the blanket in the end was good.
Next one definitely seems to be better.
Feb 9, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2011
I really find this anime to be cute and I'm glad that we're getting a true yuri anime for the first time in years, however, this just seems to have unnecessary ecchi and fanservice just for guys who wanna jerk off and go "mmm hot lesbians" and it's kinda unsettling now.
Feb 9, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
How did anyone not notice the hoodie kiss, especially Yuzu-chan?

Cant for more yuri epicness next week!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2012
Kaeyuki said:
I really find this anime to be cute and I'm glad that we're getting a true yuri anime for the first time in years, however, this just seems to have unnecessary ecchi and fanservice just for guys who wanna jerk off and go "mmm hot lesbians" and it's kinda unsettling now.
Yep, the manga didn't have fanservice.

The bad part of this anime is fruit of deen's imagination alone.
I'm not saying deen is bad, just that they could have done a much better adaption. (More loyal to the source material)
Feb 9, 2014 7:41 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/wMdT6oH.jpg
That sounds so wrong.
Feb 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Oct 2012
My impression is that there is a fairly standard boundary between Ecchi and non-Ecchi.
So it would be great if somebody could specifically point to some Ecchi part. The
standard example of Ecchi is when they include panty shots. Another sign of Ecchi is
when they show weird close-up views of swimsuits. Hot spring and bathing scenes
cross the line into Ecchi when they show details of the breasts. If anything, it seems
to me that Studio DEEN is following the normal routes to avoid Ecchi, such as "magic
skirts", also known as "iron skirts" in Japan.

Yes, it is fanservicey, but it looks industry-standard for 2014. Please point me to a
recent anime series that is less fanservicey. Haruka wears D-cups, but in Outbreak
Company, one character replied that she wore F-cups when another character asked
if she was wearing G-cups. And then there was the character who was half dog.

I don't like the fanservice. It's over-the-top. On the other hand, I prefer an anime
series that I can watch to an anime series that was never produced. Studio DEEN
is a business and they have to produce conventional work or else they can't attract
viewers. If you don't like fanservice, go back in a time machine. Your other option
is to watch North American cartoons. Or read a book.

The Shizuku bath scene fourth-walled the fanservice aspect. I'll paraphrase what
chibi-Shizuku deadpanned as, "This is the obligatory fanservice scene."
okanaganFeb 9, 2014 11:17 PM
Feb 10, 2014 12:45 AM

Sep 2013
mitsuki is probably the best char for me tbh
at least she keeps mildly interesting things happening

the rest of the characters are pretty boring imo :(
Feb 10, 2014 2:26 AM
Mar 2013
Is it just me? For some reason, Mitsuki in eps. 5 reminds me of Azuki Azusa of Hen-Neko.
Feb 10, 2014 5:13 AM

Oct 2012
I see the similarity with the self-styled heiress Azusa Azuki in Hentai Ōji to
Warawanai Neko. But there is one small difference. Or rather, there are two
huge differences. Every side view of Mitsuki makes it very clear that she . . .
wears a large bra cup size. However, as Yōto pointed out, Azusa was on the
opposite end of the scale. The Japanese expression is "hin'nyū" (貧乳). It
literally means "an impoverished chest". The English subs said "flat as a
board". By the way, the average bra size in Japan is an A-cup. See for
yourself on this interactive map of the world:
http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=5285
okanaganFeb 10, 2014 5:28 AM
Feb 10, 2014 6:30 AM
Dec 2013
^
Hmm... these articles say the most common bra sizes in Japan are B and C-cup.

http://www.excite.co.jp/News/bit/00091139306492.html
http://www.lovecosmetic.jp/set/bustsize_map/index.html

However, in the recent data of 2011, it says a C-cup size bra is the most popular in Japan.

http://news.biglobe.ne.jp/trend/1221/hit_121221_9287981411.html
Feb 10, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2012
okanagan said:
Yes, it is fanservicey, but it looks industry-standard for 2014. Please point me to a
recent anime series that is less fanservicey. Haruka wears D-cups, but in Outbreak
Company, one character replied that she wore F-cups when another character asked
if she was wearing G-cups.
I have a small anime completed count but most of the recent anime I have watched didn't have dancing boobs every 30 seconds, maybe I'm missing something. Also I don't see the point you're trying to make by mentioning the cub sizes, they don't necessaryly mean fanservice as long as they don't get so much dedication from the animators. The opening and this episode is a prime example in my opinion.
okanagan said:
I don't like the fanservice. It's over-the-top. On the other hand, I prefer an anime
series that I can watch to an anime series that was never produced. Studio DEEN
is a business and they have to produce conventional work or else they can't attract
viewers. If you don't like fanservice, go back in a time machine. Your other option
is to watch North American cartoons. Or read a book.
Yes, I understand, I'm no anime business expert but I think this would only be necessary for the first eps, when they could tone it down thereafter. The last part is exaggeration, not every japan animation needs too much fan service to sell, prepubescent teenagers with raging hormones insn't always the main target audience of every anime.
Sorry for whining about the over the top fanservice though, I still wish Sakura Trick do well on sales regardless of that (I might even import a copy for the first time since Madoka) as long as it means more Yuri being greenlit (and with that, better adaptions).
Feb 10, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Tiro_finale said:
most of the recent anime I have watched didn't have dancing boobs every
30 seconds

Okay, I'll admit that.

From watching Sakura Trick very closely, one thing that I find striking is that their
highest quality animation is used in the kissing scenes and the "dancing" scenes.
They seem to be making the frame rate extra high. Also, the "dancing" motion
is very realistic. It is Disney-like in quality. Clearly the director made a strategic
decision of where to spend the money on animation. Definitely, they are not
using up all of their resources drawing detailed backgrounds.

Tiro_finale also said:
I think this would only be necessary for the first eps, when they could
tone it down thereafter.

Good insight. Back in late 2009 there were two Central-element Yuri anime series.

In Sasameki Koto, there was minimal fanservice in the first nine episodes. Then
for some reason there was suddenly lots of fanservice in Episodes 10, 11 and 13.
The girls wore heavy uniforms with long skirts and there was not much to see.

In Aoi Hana (a.k.a. Sweet Blue Flowers) there was basically no fanservice that I
can remember (apart from something in the opening credits).

Both of these series were commercial failures, and Sasameki Koto was particularly
dismal. From the end of 2009 to the start of 2014, there were no Central-element
Yuri anime series.

So . . . forgetting to put a lot of fanservice into the first episode is dumb!

I still wish Sakura Trick does well on sales regardless of that (I might
even import a copy for the first time since Madoka)

Please order one! Just now I checked on Amazon Stalker.** For Volume 1, they
have 1797 for the Blu-ray and 398 for the DVD for a total of 2195. So it has
fallen quite a bit from the last time I checked. My advice to the director:

- Add a filler episode at the beach.
- Add a filler episode at the pool.
- Add a filler episode at the outdoor hot springs.
- Put in some panty shots. I think Mitsuki wears green-and-white-striped shimapan.
- Have a festival episode where they are all wearing yukatas and have some dialog
and close-up shots to make it clear that they aren't wearing any panties.
- Less steam and soap when chibi-Shizuku is bathing.

** Amazon Stalker is a free on-line resource which forecasts the sales of Blu-rays
and DVDs in the first week after they are released. Their estimates are based on
the number of pre-orders.
okanaganFeb 10, 2014 9:10 AM
Feb 10, 2014 9:12 AM

Nov 2012
Well then I'm probably the weird one because if the director followed your last three suggestions (specially #4) I would def. not buy it anymore.
But yeah I understand why the things you mentioned could boost up the sales in general.
Feb 10, 2014 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
^ I am not an expert on Amazon Stalker numbers. However, I think that 2195 is bad.
Sakura Trick was a trial balloon to see whether Central-element Yuri could be brought
back. Apparently, adding a lot of fanservice has not made it a success. I am sorry to
say that we may be seeing Yuri going on to the back burner again. Of course, next
cour we will see a Yuri+action series ( Akuma no Riddle / 悪魔のリドル ). Also, there
is going to be a Yuri+CGDCT series, but it is only shorts ( Inugami-san to Nekoyama-
san / 犬神さんと猫山さん ). Possibly the Amazon Stalker forecasts will go up later, so
let's not give up all hope yet. For an overview of 2014 Yuri anime series, see here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFzq778eYA
okanaganFeb 10, 2014 9:57 AM
Feb 10, 2014 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
YURI OVERWHELMING. (not one episode will be devoid of making out)
Feb 10, 2014 5:51 PM
Sep 2009
Somehow I prefer the idea of Mitsuki/Haruka far more than Yuu/Haruka... I just don't seem to like Yuu much.
Feb 12, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2010
Jealous and selfish Yuu was cute :) and her sister, Mitsuki-kaichou reminds me Ayano from Yuru Yuri.They have the same seiyuu and common personality.Hope we'll see her more in the other episodes.
These kisses were bolder than before's.
LilyWeissFeb 12, 2014 4:44 AM
Feb 12, 2014 7:21 AM

Feb 2012
kitten320 said:
Somehow I prefer the idea of Mitsuki/Haruka far more than Yuu/Haruka... I just don't seem to like Yuu much.

^ This, Welcome aboard fellow Onee-Chan X Haruka Shipper.

And for all the Mitsuki x Haruka fans, I present to you these great fanarts:

http://i.imgur.com/8UkQpyy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WP0fLjR.jpg

And of course an edited screenie to please the shippers:

http://i.imgur.com/AkrRed8.png

Credits goes to their respective artist/s.

And for those people who wants to get spoiled:
Altaria-chanFeb 12, 2014 7:25 AM
Feb 12, 2014 8:35 AM

Oct 2012
Two days ago, they released the box cover illustration for Volume 1 of the Blu-ray /
DVD which goes on sale on March 19th. You can see it at these two places:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/sakura/disc/
https://twitter.com/sakuratrick_pr/status/432869301637218304/photo/1

On Amazon Stalker, Blu-ray 1862 and DVD 422, for a total of 2284 "points". That is
slightly up from the last time I checked.

Access Amazon Stalker here: http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index2.cgi?sort=rankup

That cover art is by Kyuuta Sakai (坂井久太), who did all of the character designs
for the series. This same person did the character designs for Strawberry Panic and
Ichigo Mashimaro. Frankly, I think that the character designs are all awesome.

- - - - - - -

To Namihei, sorry, I never did thank you for providing links to updated information
about bra cup sizes in Japan in your Post #103. Clearly, my information was way
out of date.
okanaganFeb 12, 2014 9:10 AM
Feb 12, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
okanagan said:
^ I am not an expert on Amazon Stalker numbers.

That is pretty obvious. ;)
Feb 12, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
This anime really does just keep getting better and better, these two are defenitally now one of my favorite yuri couples ever! :)
Feb 12, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2011
Is it just me, or does it feel like nothing happens in the recent episodes? They go by so quick. :D

That last scene killed me. :D
Feb 12, 2014 10:55 PM

Oct 2012
okanagan said:
I am not an expert on Amazon Stalker numbers.

Fipse commented:
That is pretty obvious. ;)

I am learning, but slowly. Fortunately, lots of other people have been posting
comments that shed much more insight. It was only recently that I even learned
how to access the Amazon Stalker numbers, let alone interpret them. I know
there are other measures of the popularity of an anime series, such as MAL
ratings.

- - - - - - - -

For those of you who are holding your breath waiting for Episode 6, you are
going to have to wait 10 minutes longer than usual. Normally, they broadcast
the episode at 1:58 am, but tomorrow it will be at 2:08 am, Tokyo Time.
This was announced on the official Twitter account just a few minutes ago. No
explanation was given.
okanaganFeb 12, 2014 11:13 PM
Feb 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
okanagan said:

I am learning, but slowly. Fortunately, lots of other people have been posting
comments that shed much more insight. It was only recently that I even learned
how to access the Amazon Stalker numbers, let alone interpret them. I know
there are other measures of the popularity of an anime series, such as MAL
ratings.

MAL ratings are utterly meaningless. Nobody on MAL is buying anime. At least not enough people to make a significant contribution. Only the Japanese market is what county.

Amazon Stalker Points are a dangerous way to make specific predictions. They are usually good to get a general direction. Like if an Anime is going to totally flop or do very well. Anything else is just guess work. It gets more complicated with Anime like Sakura Trick that does very well in other shops. It has been in Gamers TOp 10 for weeks. Which is pretty strong. But we can't get any good numbers from Gamers till we have the official sales numbers.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

132 by noberkenier »»
Apr 15, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2014

187 by Delphantasist »»
Feb 14, 2:38 AM

» Where to watch/read Sakura trick if you're from Finland?

Wijkanda - Oct 10, 2021

7 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Jan 15, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Sakura Trick Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

114 by User-Name »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:19 AM

» Ain’t this a bit of an overkill?

RudeRedis - Aug 21, 2023

0 by RudeRedis »»
Aug 21, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.