Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 1, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2012
FUCK YEA super intense episode great that they are all back to usual! And YEAH RYUK is back ;D

This is going to be great though sad for Misa that her life has been divided once more!

Either way loved this episode so much :D
Aug 10, 2012 6:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was some plan Light cooked up. L is in a lot of trouble now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 22, 2012 6:40 AM

Feb 2012
evil light is back,and so is ryuk,thats awesome.
Sep 18, 2012 6:01 AM

Jan 2012
Banzai, Ryuk is back! Misa made the deal again, what an idiot. Well whatever, the sooner she dies the better.

Sep 20, 2012 12:43 PM
Aug 2012
I actually don't want Misa-Misa to die. She's good for a laugh!

The best news in the episode was the fact that Ryuk's back, obviously. And furthermore, now we know why he is so over-excited about the apples of our world.
Sep 28, 2012 8:49 PM

Nov 2011
Misa really doesn't value her life does she? God dammit! >=(. Shes like the person the Shinagami all fall in love with too. I wonder how many Shinagami will die saving her LOL.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 29, 2012 2:37 PM

Sep 2012
lmao light's face when he regains his memories
Dec 14, 2012 4:25 PM

Jun 2012
Quite obvious whats going to happen to L next episode.
Jan 27, 2013 10:56 PM
Jan 2013
First off YAY! Ryuk's back! Second, L may die...but Misa will die...and therefor...Rem will kill Light.o:
Mar 14, 2013 9:39 PM

May 2012
Yes.. finally the evil Light is back.. but L is in so much danger!
Mar 21, 2013 9:48 AM

Mar 2013
Goodbye L...
Apr 23, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2013
Yes!! Evil Light is back.
That was a very well thought out plan by Light.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 8, 2013 9:37 PM

Oct 2012
No, don't...
Don't let any MC dead, please :(
Especially L, well Misa too..
Things gonna different without them

Light, so evil, I want he peacefully work with L
Also
Rayl1ghtMay 8, 2013 10:04 PM
"Signature removed"
May 11, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2013
Chelle said:
The evil Light is back!!! Finally!!!

And I don't want L to be done T_T Hush, kei!! =P I want MISA to be done!!! =D

Things are really getting good again!!
KIRA IS BACK! its about time *sobs*
Jul 24, 2013 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Evil Light is back.

It was a clever plan, I'll give him that. And it's nice to have the ruthless narcissistic villain back on the show. It pains me to say it but I kinda missed him.
LeeTailorJul 24, 2013 1:14 PM
Aug 7, 2013 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
Damn! What a plan. I feel bad that I'm rooting for the evil side, but it's so thrilling to see him outwit everyone. I must question two scenes though:

- The last scene with Misa and Light hugging. What if the cameras picked up on their conversation? O.o

- What if L saw Light writing in blood on his little piece of Death Note? Then, L would know that Light became Kira again.
Oct 6, 2013 1:10 AM
Sep 2013
amazing episode! evil light is back :D. I can`t believe the way he planned everything.
Poor L, he has lost...

PS. misa shouldn`t have shortened her lifespan, she just can`t figure out that she is being used, I doubt she ever will.
Dec 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Oct 2011
Light is almost too clever - there's no way he could have known whether his plan would actually work. It's lucky that Misa already has a huge lifespan so getting it cut short won't really affect her. Looks like L could be on his way out.
Dec 13, 2013 6:54 PM
Aug 2013
Guess who's back, back again.

HELL TO THE YEAH! EVIL BASTARD LIGHT IS BACK.

The suspense and insanity this show had in the earlier episodes is back!! And why so much Misa hate?
Dec 15, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
I don't believe that she has that much life left. Even if she had 150 years before that went down to 75 and now it got down to the half of what she got, then it's down to 37,5 which is not a lot. I don't think that that Shinigami who died for her had more than 70-100 or even 200 years.

Anyways I like how Light planned everything out and went on the luck part that everything worked out. All that remains is L's death. I feel like it would be too early for that now.
Jan 27, 2014 6:00 PM

Oct 2013
latumist said:
And of cource, epic phrase of Light. Madskillz time. I've took this macro from my library specially for u, heh.

hahhaha awesome
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 6, 2014 9:42 AM
Mar 2012
This is my first rewatch of the series.....

I know he's an evil genius, but the way he planned ahead like that was reallllly stretching it. Light assumed A LOT of things.

Or maybe he had to and it was a calculated risk that could've failed.

For example, how could he have KNOWN that they'd catch the third Kira when Light was right there?
Mar 6, 2014 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
Lol wow, Misa is an idiot, why didn't you discuss it about making the eye deal with Light first! but I still like her as an character though haha.

But I'm happy to see old Light back again. This is going to spice up the series now! and his evil smiles!

Jun 18, 2014 4:59 AM

Jul 2013
That was epic! Light is back! Whooooooo~

He's a genius! <3
Jul 30, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2014
Stoked that Light is back to his good (evil) old self. It was getting a little boring without his evil genius carrying the show. Kind of bummed that Misa did the eye deal a second time, though. The way that she literally throws her life away for Light is so sad it's sickening.
Sep 9, 2014 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
Awwww, Light, you sneaky bastard...

Things are looking bad for L.
Sep 18, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2014
Getting even better!! Yippee!!!
Sep 21, 2014 7:29 PM

Mar 2014
I'm so happy Ryuk is back! But that preview has me so curious. Whaaat?
Oct 9, 2014 4:11 AM

Oct 2013

back, bitches

Gosh, poor Misa - willing to sacrifice half her life a second time just for Light. That SOB has no idea what he's got. It's fortunate her lifespan was extended thanks to Jealous indeed, but still, surely not nearly enough for her to have any hopes of living to old age at this point.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 20, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2014
ABOUT DAMN TIME

And Misa = baka
Jan 1, 2015 3:00 AM

Apr 2013
cloakerx said:
Shouldn't misa have just been able to switch the notebooks so that she owns rem's and rem is the shinigami following her around instead of ryuk? Then the circumstances would be the same so she should have the eyes back without having to sacrifice life again.

Misa is retarded, you've gotta remember that son.
Jan 4, 2015 11:13 PM

Nov 2013
LeFlower-kun said:
cloakerx said:
Shouldn't misa have just been able to switch the notebooks so that she owns rem's and rem is the shinigami following her around instead of ryuk? Then the circumstances would be the same so she should have the eyes back without having to sacrifice life again.

Misa is retarded, you've gotta remember that son.
Except that she wouldn't get the eyes back if she did that. If you lose the eyes you can't get them back.
Mar 16, 2015 3:21 PM
Jan 2015
the return of kira finally
Mar 21, 2015 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Woah, nice. I'm glad what I figured from the very beginning was most of the case in the plan. L and others laying hands on Death Note—which Light countered by making Ryuk create a fake rule—and Misa's second trade was much to my surprise, though. But both make perfect sense, there's no way he would prevent the former from happening so he had to come up with something one step ahead, and the latter is quite impressive too since it's also apparently part of the plan, meaning Light knew Misa wouldn't be able to remember L's name and do a second trade just for that and out of her love for Light, hence extremely shortening her lifespan that Light won't even need to kill her after she's of no more use to him. Eventhough we have no clue how long Jealous extended her life, I still don't expect Misa to live any long after two trades.

Now Light not only cleared himself of suspicion, he also put L in a very tough situtation, which I hope L manages to pull through somehow...

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 26, 2015 1:32 AM
Nov 2014
The OBJECTIVELY BEST BAD GUY has returned... and he is back with a bang.

10/10 episode.
May 20, 2015 4:51 AM
Dec 2011
oh....my god L that "good bye" it felt so clam collected and cool like saying "its not over" ! L fighered out everything all thats left is those "stupid fake rules" and i think L knows the shinigami is not telling everything !!! :3

oh... L .. L i love you so much !

L is like hawk once he know's his pray he will never ever let it go remember that light!
May 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
lakshika said:
oh....my god L that "good bye" it felt so clam collected and cool like saying "its not over" ! L fighered out everything all thats left is those "stupid fake rules" and i think L knows the shinigami is not telling everything !!! :3

oh... L .. L i love you so much !

L is like hawk once he know's his pray he will never ever let it go remember that light!

I felt like L knew all along Light was evil from very early in the season, even when the fake rules were presented. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything about it V.V

And psycho Light is back...he is a pretty good actor if anything.
Jun 4, 2015 3:15 PM

Jul 2014
5/5
Jun 7, 2015 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
Sayonara.. Tells everything
Jun 23, 2015 6:39 AM
Nov 2014
Amazing episode and I still have to say Light >>> Lawliet in every way possible.
Aug 15, 2015 11:35 AM
Jan 2015
My god, I think I hate her. Her utter stupidity combined with Light's extremely douchebaginess...Urgh.

And L will die by jumping from the building....Nice.

No problem, I'm pretty sure that by this point L have a hidden card to the case who he dies.
Oct 1, 2015 4:16 PM

Mar 2014
Damn this is so bloody tense
Oct 3, 2015 4:27 PM

Mar 2010
I feel bad For L Since He fucking figured this shit out, and only the supernatural could fuck up his head about what the flying FUCK is really going on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 12, 2015 7:26 PM

Oct 2015
NOW IT'S GETTING GOOD AGAIN.
Oct 28, 2015 4:53 AM
Jun 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_CUShSdeDo

Check the video link out for a in depth character review of Light Yagam! If you enjoyed this discussion then subscribe for more Death Note discussion videos on my youtube channel!!
Nov 7, 2015 1:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
My favorite episode of Death Note! When Light touched the Death Note I was like O.O then :D!

5/5
Nov 10, 2015 4:08 PM

Nov 2014
Such a clever plan Light, nice!
Jan 25, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
Nozdref said:
Woah, nice. I'm glad what I figured from the very beginning was most of the case in the plan. L and others laying hands on Death Note—which Light countered by making Ryuk create a fake rule—and Misa's second trade was much to my surprise, though. But both make perfect sense, there's no way he would prevent the former from happening so he had to come up with something one step ahead, and the latter is quite impressive too since it's also apparently part of the plan, meaning Light knew Misa wouldn't be able to remember L's name and do a second trade just for that and out of her love for Light, hence extremely shortening her lifespan that Light won't even need to kill her after she's of no more use to him. Eventhough we have no clue how long Jealous extended her life, I still don't expect Misa to live any long after two trades.

Now Light not only cleared himself of suspicion, he also put L in a very tough situtation, which I hope L manages to pull through somehow...
Absolutely agree. Light is a mastermind, perfect planning ahead. Though some things also came as a surprise to me, I also mostly knew what would happen. (Perfect explanation btw!)
I feel so bad for L. I hope he will figure something out, or have something planned to give a good slap to Light once he does die. It would be disappointing (and sosad) to see him just die. Not to mention it would be too easy... Can't wait to find out though.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jan 25, 2016 3:15 PM

Dec 2015
Loved the scene with Misa and Ryuk. Happy to see Ryuk back again! Missed him a lot.
Rem's care and affection towards Misa are remarkable. She loves Misa a lot, doesn't she? Too bad that Misa is giving her life away so easily though. Sweet to see Rem wanting to protect her.

Amazing episode overall, just amazing... Kira is back. Can't really decide if I'm glad or not. It was great to see his psycho side again, wonder how this is going to continue.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jan 25, 2016 3:50 PM

Dec 2014
jinxiecan said:
Nozdref said:

Absolutely agree. Light is a mastermind, perfect planning ahead. Though some things also came as a surprise to me, I also mostly knew what would happen. (Perfect explanation btw!)
I feel so bad for L. I hope he will figure something out, or have something planned to give a good slap to Light once he does die. It would be disappointing (and sosad) to see him just die. Not to mention it would be too easy... Can't wait to find out though.

Thank you. Well, you gotta see it for yourself. :)

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

68 by Absurdo_N »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

916 by SnipersKgrooWife »»
Apr 16, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.