Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 19, 2011 6:13 AM

Feb 2011
Such an irony for Maria and Hinagiku cheering Nagi and Ayumu for Hayate, didn't they want Hayate for themselves? xD
Feb 19, 2012 11:39 PM

Nov 2008
I'm glad I dropped the first season, this is way better. I just started watching today and I'm already in this episode. This is the best remance comedy that I've seen since School Rumble.

Hayate, you are so lucky!
Mar 7, 2012 11:46 PM
Dec 2009
Hmmm.. I have a good feeling that Hina will definitely not end up with Hayate after watching this episode. It's not because Hina is cheering for Ayumu, its because they're obviously going to be good friends, and being good friends with Ayumu gimps your chances with Hayate because that's how I see the usual anime romance go. Ayumu who has a one-sided love for Hayate, and Hina is cheering this one-sided love, but unknowingly likes Hayate usually is the character to win, but because there is a Maria and a Nagi, I can't see Hina win anymore all because Ayumu and Hina are going to become such close friends. I know there is going to be so much Hina x Hayate scenes that there maybe a chance between them, but I doubt it and it will only end up as a teaser.

Maria should win now! Unless Nagi will win if they do a time skip of a few years and Hayate does not have any strong feelings for anyone during that period, however right now Hayate can only see Nagi as a kid and the only ending I can see now is that this anime will have no couples in the end for Hayate, as he only becomes a loyal butler to Nagi and becomes close friends with everybody. That is the only satisfying ending I can see which appeals to the many fans of different pairings (Observation up to this episode for Hayate's love life)

JKMar 7, 2012 11:50 PM
tag©.androgynous
Aug 13, 2012 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
Hinagiku, why do you always ruin everything? Q_Q
That cat really reminds me of Hinagiku's sister, I almost thought it was her but then I thought this isn't the type of show for transformations.
I want more Hinagiku arcs, but in the next episode Izumi will be back! It's been a long time.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 16, 2012 3:12 PM

May 2012
Another great episode! I do wonder why Hina isn't going for it and putting her own love on the side...

Even then great episode!
Dec 15, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2011
Season made me like Hinagiku and Ayumu. In season 1 they were just side characters (especially Ayumu who just shows up once in a while to see the person that he likes pass by almost every episode lol)
Apr 17, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2012
Best part(s):
Aug 20, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
so much feelings in this episode
Apr 12, 2017 8:54 AM

Aug 2015

Hina x Hayate.... YES! My ship :3 Best ep in s2 so far for sure.

..Hinagiku not making a move just to be kind to the hamster... This is making me boil with anger xD

I don't want any spoilers, but I really really hope that Hayate will end up with someone in the end. Otherwise I'll be disappointed. It happens way too rarely in these sort of shows. Preferably Hina or Maria, ofc.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 8, 2018 6:25 PM

Sep 2017
I hope that Hayate gets outta this harem and end up with Nagi as soon as possible. The relationship with Hinagiku seems, forced.

The narrator was the epic troll this episode.

My reason for Nagi x Hayate is because unlike the other girls, Nagi really cares about Hayate a lot. Nagi is the cute loli tsundere who doesn't go over board, unlike a certain similar character voiced by the same seiyuu(Louise, but in her defense, her lover is really a jerk). Nagi was the one who wanted Hayate by her side no matter what, and was okay with Hayate being alive even if it meant that he would no longer be her butler. Hinagiku's love is actually entirely new and even though both have similar pasts, that doesn't make me ship them. Also the fact that both of them are being forcibly shipped by the anime makes me not wanna ship them. For others it could be different, but for me, it doesn't seem natural. Nagi and Hayate's relationship seemed to be based on a misunderstanding and even though both of them never made any significant romantic progress till now, their bond with each other is actually quite strong. Nagi developing feelings for Hayate is actually well played and original. But Hinagiku's relationship with Hayate is more of a coincidence and reminds me of the relationship in typical harem shows. HnG is a harem, but I don't like it being played out in a romantic aspect, but rather in a comedic aspect here.

Hinagiku's feelings for Hayate is more of like only one man in an island of women, whereas Nagi's feelings are of an admiration and comfort. Calling Nagi's feelings a school girl crush is harsh and denying the fact that love takes all forms. Even if it was a school girl crush(which it wasn't), there is no reason that the school girl crush has to be fake, or that same age love is better than different age love.

Hinagiku is merely confronting her womanly feelings, while Nagi wants to share her feeling of insecurity with someone who can take care of it(i.e. Hayate). Hayate's feelings are to be explored, but his embarrassment by seeing Hinagiku or Nishizawa or Maria has more to do with his puberty. He was platonic towards Nagi before, but that changed last episode.
JeremiahOrangeApr 8, 2018 6:48 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Years later, why is Hinagiku still perfect!?

This rewatch has made me very nostalgic
Mar 24, 2021 8:47 PM

Aug 2018
So good!!! Elevator scene was perfect!!

Feb 24, 2023 5:54 PM
May 2020
Hayate was able to clear up ONE MISUNDERSTANDING! Such progress.
Feb 24, 2023 5:55 PM
May 2020
Did anyone else see the UFO ship in the wrecked kitchen?!?
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClearSinz - Apr 10, 2009

91 by mySaudate »»
May 22, 2023 2:57 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

game8910 - Sep 18, 2009

140 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 13, 2023 11:50 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 11, 2009

61 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 12, 2023 6:00 PM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2009

103 by MiMiXSheShe »»
Apr 6, 2023 2:25 AM

Poll: » Hayate the Combat Butler!! Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 28, 2009

46 by 1Konochi »»
Apr 5, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.