MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Elfen Lied OVA Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Elfen Lied Special »» Elfen Lied OVA Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: Elfen Lied OVA Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

61 40.94%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 25.50%
3 out of 5: It was OK

38 25.50%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

4 2.68%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 5.37%
Voters: 149

04-01-12, 5:01 PM

Has a much lighter tone than the original although still has the dark atmosphere. Pretty good overall.

05-10-12, 10:03 PM

Well this answered my question about how Lucy got captured when she was little, but still don't know how she met that girl and etc.

Cute episode though no killing (except for Lucy's friend) but no gore like killings.

05-23-12, 11:49 PM

Not as good as the series.

07-05-12, 4:52 PM

The ep started really slow... but was nice to see how lucy got catched (btw, hard to believe that lucy had a friend...).

I loled with Bando at the end xD

04-30-13, 9:18 AM

Eldarien said:
The flashback saved the OVA from being totally shitty, it's story taken out of nowhere... And btw, the flashback's story is taken from the manga, yet in the manga it was waaaay more complex and interesting (the little girl who got shot murdered her family members before, that's way she had blood on her clothing, and the relation between she and Lucy was deeper). Actually, I would prefer it if the entire OVA was about that story, instead of some stupid house chores...
And humorous stuff like this doesn't fit Elfen Lied's atmosphere at all. I'm really disappointed by this OVA.
Reading this comment intrigued me a lot more than actual show. The OVA best performed in comedy (oh Bando, you gullible fool). Nana's death stare in the cleaning part was funny, but the flashback was weak without any backstory to it

05-21-13, 12:44 PM

Bando thought that he can kill two birds with one stone. But i didn't happen.
Cant believe that this was a special.
"My girlfriend is Pururin, and Pururin only!!!"~ Kaoru Yamazaki

07-16-13, 10:24 AM

It did explain all the questions I had when reading the manga though... I liked it.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.

01-08-14, 1:48 AM

A calm and fun break from the rest of the series, Nana is really clumsy. It was interesting to see how Lucy actually got caught, albeit sad that she lost the last person she had faith in. Hope to see Nana in those cute outfits in the remaining episodes I have left!
"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic." - Ezio Auditore, Assassin's Creed Revelations.

04-21-14, 9:39 PM

I just finished watching the (10 year late) English dub release and OMG why couldn't they get the full original English voice cast?!!! why God why?! why Section 23 why?!!!! WHY?!!!! why couldn't they get Kira Vincent-Davis[Lucy/Nyu], Adam Conlon [Kouta], and Jason Douglas [Bando] to come back?!!!! WHY?!!!

This is my favorite anime of ALL TIME and the English dub was PERFECT and its the only way I can see Elfen Lied, but the perfection was ruined! I am sad, raged and depressed because of this. The only redeeming quality is that they finally dubbed it and got Sasha Paysinger [Nana] but dammit WHY?! I can not die in peace now. I would go as far as to PAY MONEY for Section 23 to re-due the English dub for the OVA with EVERYONE from the original English cast and re-release the Blu-Ray collection and I would buy it in the instant it's available, but dammit this just makes me very sad :(

Modified by Barajas_201, 04-21-14, 9:47 PM

07-10-14, 3:38 PM

Nice and relaxing. :)
Some interesting information on how Lucy got captured, too.
Takeuchi said:
We never did anything wrong. Just...time has passed and changed it all. Promises to tears. Vows to wounds. A dear person...into a wonderful memory inside the eternity.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices