Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 6, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
that Panicking Mashiro is the best.. someone.. need GIF of that.. :))
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Feb 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
Lolis, Lolis everywhere! :3
Feb 6, 2014 11:09 AM
Oct 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
So they're some kind of spirit, that can take on multiple forms.
Or maybe each has one true form, but it's different for every spirit/youkai/whatever even if they are blood related.

I guess it's not going into further detail, since it's supposed to be "unidentified"
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
So now we know they aren't Human but we still don't know what exactly they are meaning we still have some things to find out about them.
We also learned how Kobini was saved and why she is sick from time to time, maybe she will get a cure in the near future or something like that.
Looking forward to finding out what exactly they are and hoping to see the mother again she seemed like an interesting character.
Feb 6, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Aaaah the mother is so adorable... LOLI MOTHER FTW!!!

So many gold Benio moments. Her siscon rage, her recording eye lol....

Nice to finally see Kobeni and Hakuya talking normally.
Feb 6, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 2013
What! They are not human. I hope that will not damage the series.
Feb 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Gah now that i've wanted a series with run of the mill humans we get this.

I have to say that things didn't get as weird as I thought they were going to, which is good.
I even felt my heart mellt a bit when I realized that Hakuya pats Kobeni's head because that's how affection was shown to him before. Very cute not gonna lie.

Some other things I liked were that mom went and cleared up everything in one episode.
I was sure this was going to be dragged out until the 11th episode or something. Not expecting much progress from here, but this progress in itself was good.
Also that Kobeni is weak because he gave her half of his powers (definitely did not see that one coming btw).
I'm glad there was some explanation for that instead of just the random ~terrible inexplicable anime fever/sickness~ because that trope is ridiculous.

Rashkolnikov said:
I'm starting to get sick of Benio and her loli complex

Idk aobut your other points but yes I agree with this. I got sick of her after 10 minutes of seeing her in the first episode.

I'm interested and I can't say that for many other Winter shows.
Feb 6, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
I had this stupid grin plastered on my face while watching this episode. It was just so adorable and funny, I can't help it ^^!

Benio's monologue and antics...GOLD. And the recording eyes almost made me spit out my tea XD! Siscon-lolicon is definitely a dangerous combination haha. When she said "ore no yome" was it kind of a play on words (mamono, bakemono, oni, mononoke)? Or was that Benio being a pervert?

Shirayuki looks exactly like Mashiro but with black hair. Loli-baba ahaha...no wonder Mashiro said her prospects are grim about having boobs haha!

"How am I supposed to believe that?"
*sees Shirayuki waving at her from atop the neighbor's roof*
"Guess I gotta." LMAO!

Kobeni...got good grades. Does housework. Has a big rack and great child-bearing hips. Has waifu written all over her.

HAHA LOLOL
Loved Shirayuki.
Not surprised that Hakuya was a dog before..
(Kobeni gave an example which included a dog in the previous episode shortly after Hakuya told Momouchi what he liked (Kobeni) and her trying to remember her past in previous episodes where she remembered touching something fluffy)

He gave up some of his power and used it on her..but what is that power exactly?
Kobeni and Hakuya looking better together.
Feb 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
This episode (I feel) at the moment is this series high point. Hopefully they can manage the rest of the series in this fashion, or at the very least something close to it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda glad that they didn't turn out to be aliens. I can live with mythological shapeshifters.

Just noticed that all the Mitsumine family members have names with "white" in them. Hakuya-白夜-"white night"; Mashiro-真白-"pure white; Shirayuki-白雪-"white snow" (just a short step away from "Shirayuki-hime"-白雪姫-"Snow White"). Got any overthinkers here who wanna interpret that?

And yeah, I'm also starting to get fed up with Benio, as she seems to have no point so far other than loli-sis-con humour. I thought she had some potential as an antagonist trying to break up the main couple, but it doesn't seem likely to go in that direction at this point. Oh well, I'm still somewhat optimistic about this show overall, since the interactions between Kobeni and Hakuya are still fun to watch.
Feb 6, 2014 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Those Koben and Hakuya moments were quite cute, especially when he strokes her XD Now we know why he does anyway.
OMG they're not humans, what a big stroke for Kobeni.
I like their mother, she's quite outspoken though
Can't wait for next week. Weehee ~
Feb 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
vonPeterhof said:

Just noticed that all the Mitsumine family members have names with "white" in them. Hakuya-白夜-"white night"; Mashiro-真白-"pure white; Shirayuki-白雪-"white snow" (just a short step away from "Shirayuki-hime"-白雪姫-"Snow White"). Got any overthinkers here who wanna interpret that?

so you noticed too about their name White in common, u said Mashiro is Pure White?? because i read it as Truth White, maybe that kanji in japan read as Pure??? maybe that?
Feb 6, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
Mashiro's reaction to that poster. Oh man.

At least it didn't take them too long to reveal it to Kobeni. I'd hate for that part to get dragged out too much.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 2011
If you think about it, the fact that Kobeni now has half of Hakuya's power means that she's not exactly human anymore either. That "Welcome to the family." may be a little more meaningful than just a comment on the betrothal. So what does joining a family of youkai entail? I guess that might be the focus of the show from this point on--although there are a few characters in the OP who really haven't been developed yet.
And, if she has one, what is Mashiro's other form?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 2014
A really good episode,
I like the loli mother. hope she keep apearing.
Want to see more KobenixHakuya moments.

I just noticed that Koveni's eyes when she was child are pink and now they're kind of purple, maybe because of Hakuya's power.
Feb 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2012
Now I am curiou what their grandad agreed with them in the past to gave them Kobeni. And I was right about their family being shapeshifters of the forest :)

Though, I wonder what Kobeni's further reaction now is going to be. Cause it's sure a little bit weird to have bakemono for husband (oh, but we know that, thanks to Wolf Children or Uchouten Kazoku I guess - many problems ^^).
Feb 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Mar 2012
KaedeKyl9 said:
vonPeterhof said:

so you noticed too about their name White in common, u said Mashiro is Pure White?? because i read it as Truth White, maybe that kanji in japan read as Pure??? maybe that?
The character 真 does normally mean "truth", but 真白 is an actual Japanese word meaning "pure white". It's normally pronounced "masshiro" (and often written differently - 真っ白), but "mashiro" is also permissible.
Feb 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2013
I usually find these type of shows boring at some point, this however delivers. This show is amazing at being funny, cute, and loving while at the same time not crossing over into cheesy land filled with dangerous cliche monsters. Love it! Definitely one of the TOP 3 this winter season.
Feb 6, 2014 1:17 PM
Oct 2010
I just had a thought. Maybe this "influence" Mashiro used to get into their school is not family connections but some sort of hypnosis? Her family "traits" should open the possibility.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 6, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2011
rodac said:
If you think about it, the fact that Kobeni now has half of Hakuya's power means that she's not exactly human anymore either. That "Welcome to the family." may be a little more meaningful than just a comment on the betrothal. So what does joining a family of youkai entail? I guess that might be the focus of the show from this point on--although there are a few characters in the OP who really haven't been developed yet.

Interesting thought line that.

Maybe that is actually the real reason why Kobeni is betrothed to Hakuya - as well as Hakuya saving her life, perhaps Kobeni can't marry anyone else as a result of having been imbued with Hakuya's power.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 6, 2014 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
vonPeterhof said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
vonPeterhof said:

The character 真 does normally mean "truth", but 真白 is an actual Japanese word meaning "pure white". It's normally pronounced "masshiro" (and often written differently - 真っ白), but "mashiro" is also permissible.
oooohhhhhh. I see, i gotta that now, thank you! mister Kyon
Feb 6, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Well that was a genuine surprise!

Feb 6, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
rodac said:

Maybe that is actually the real reason why Kobeni is betrothed to Hakuya - as well as Hakuya saving her life, perhaps Kobeni can't marry anyone else as a result of having been imbued with Hakuya's power.

Hmm... I knew he had given her his powers, but I never thought about this as a possible situation. If such is true, it makes one wonder what would happen if she refused Hakuya. It stands to reason that there should be others like Hakuya who'll be introduced as well. The next few episodes seem interesting. Hopefully I'll get some answers to my questions and speculation.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Feb 6, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2011
Lovable cast, fun atmosphere, nice aesthetics, and plot? For a rom-com series, this has far exceeded my expectations. I'd even come to like a run-of-the-mill rom-com too, so this is just superb entertainment for me.

Edit: Shirayuki reminds me of Isumi from Hayate no Gotoku. Not only do they look too much each other, but their speech patterns and tendency for getting lost are similar as well. The resemblance is close enough to practically be labeled as a parody, lol.
-Kenshin-Feb 6, 2014 1:41 PM
Feb 6, 2014 2:21 PM
Aug 2011
I also thought about the powers, then yeah she would no longer be a complete human if she does have half of his powers. I just don't know how much deeper this show will delve into that aspect.

rodac said:
And, if she has one, what is Mashiro's other form?

Probably somehting like this, which is highly adorable!
standFeb 6, 2014 2:26 PM
Feb 6, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2012
KaedeKyl9 said:
vonPeterhof said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
vonPeterhof said:

oooohhhhhh. I see, i gotta that now, thank you! mister Kyon
Hehe, no problem!

Oh, and I just realized something else - the Yonomoris also have a colour theme going, namely shades of red. Benio-紅緒-"crimson thread", Kobeni-小紅-"little crimson", Akane-茜-"madder". So there's apparently some sort of red/white contrast. Not sure what exactly the colours are supposed to represent though...
Feb 6, 2014 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
A family of youkai huh.I can see Mashiro being a tanuki.
Feb 6, 2014 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
enviKwu said:
Lolis, Lolis everywhere! :3
Feb 6, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
well some of us already knew this might of been the case so i wasn't shocked by it glad they aren't aliens though,solid episode for all we know the show could continue how it is which is fine by me i always have a big grin while watching this :)
Feb 6, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
no opening ??? dammit I waited all week long for that.. not like I havent been watching it everyday on youtube BUT STILL...

Anyway awesome episode again,I just love this show so much right now... The loli mom was kind of a let down for me though... she wasn't bad but wasn't as good as I expected either... But who cares, as long as I have Benio being awesome and Mashiro being the cutest thing I've seen in a long time I will continue to love this show.. I mean, just look at those freaking pajamas *--*
Feb 6, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
No OP always means serious business.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 6, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
rodac said:

Hmm you have a point there. It could also be the reason why Mashiro was so insistent that it HAS to be Kobeni.

Is anyone else wondering how old Mashiro really is? Hakuya stopped at "kyu-." It could mean 9...90? 900?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2009
well...
magical beings living in my house, my step mom is a loli - sure, why not.
Feb 6, 2014 5:06 PM
Feb 2009
omg this episode was too funny and cute lol
Feb 6, 2014 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
0:06 dat blue mashiro pajama

9:42 first time ever hearing an anime character say "I'll google it"

16:01 benio calling mashiro's mom "loli old lady"

---------------------------
1. The mom still looks good even after giving birth to 2 kids.

2. I wonder what kind of animal mashiro is.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Nov 2011
We find out even more about the past.
I'm really enjoying this series
5/5
Feb 6, 2014 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
Well I did not see that coming, what a plot twist, it was clear that they were hiding something...in a logical sense. I still can't believe it, I thought this series had a normal scenario however with the secret revealed that's not the case anymore. This sure changes everything and my score now is questionable (8 -> 7/8)
I'll just have to wait and see how this turns out.
Feb 6, 2014 6:06 PM

Feb 2012
So now we know that they aren't human.. although I suspected that after Hakuya went all ninja on us.
Their mother came and is this super loli mega cutie who looks like a child <3
Kobeni found out all this and made her sick!

This show is cute but it feels slow. Oh well, Mashiro is adorable so I'll deal.~
Feb 6, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
I really like this anime but I am not yet sure what to think about the powers. It changes the show a little.
Feb 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
I guess that Kobeni had better prepare herself for doing "it" doggy style... <g>
Feb 6, 2014 8:13 PM

Apr 2010
Kobeni fell ill again, must be worn out from carrying all that plot.
Feb 6, 2014 8:18 PM

Oct 2013
Volunteer said:
Well... shit. Mashiro in pajamas was great. I hope it stays lighthearted and doesn't take this new revelation too seriously.

Agreed. That's wat this anime was and it should carry on that characteristic
Feb 6, 2014 8:21 PM

Oct 2013
Drakewinm said:
Volunteer said:
Well... shit. Mashiro in pajamas was great. I hope it stays lighthearted and doesn't take this new revelation too seriously.

Agreed. That's wat this anime was and it should carry on that characteristic

The characters themselves took the surprise quite well aside from Kobeni's initial shock. I don't see too much in the way of problems here. There might be some more light shed on the situation as a whole, but with Benio around I'm sure it'll stay lighthearted.

Feb 6, 2014 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Loved the episode.
Great transition into the supernatural.
Really like the mother character
Feb 6, 2014 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
Their not humans I see.. O_O The slice of life was very enjoyable just as the previous ones have been. I really liked the part at the very end where Kobeni's face turned red while imaging Hakuya rubbing her head, very adorable
Feb 6, 2014 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
werewolves?
Feb 6, 2014 11:11 PM

Jan 2013
Mashiro gets cuter and cuter.
Feb 6, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2011
Many had suspected that Hakuyay's family are not human, and now its revealed that its true.

Thanks to spoiler loli-mom.
Feb 7, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 2013
Background of Hakuya's family is finally explained

Kobeni and Hakuya moments were really cute as well can't wait for more :p
Feb 7, 2014 1:10 AM

Aug 2008
To be honest, I was thinking he was gonna be part of some Ninja Clan. Youkai? Didn't even cross my mind, but still cool I guess.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

240 by zyrian2 »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

129 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

115 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 23, 2022 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.