Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2014 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mashiro in that outfit <3 http://imgur.com/nn0rTeG
Adorable. This was a cute episode on most parts imo. I even see a connection between Kobeni and Hakuya somewhat. His powers though...

That was awesome, super mom and her advice. <3
Feb 5, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2013
Now that I've saw that pic I can ask Yozora-chan to kill me and rest in peace.

But one last request from a a dying man.
Can I hug her to death?
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Feb 5, 2014 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mashiro in that outfit <3 http://imgur.com/nn0rTeG
Adorable. This was a cute episode on most parts imo. I even see a connection between Kobeni and Hakuya somewhat. His powers though...

That was awesome, super mom and her advice. <3

Ah it needs to be said, you provide a very valuable service here at MAL. You remind us that an episode is available. Thank you! Comments to follow in, oh around 18 minutes.
Feb 5, 2014 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
So much to say about this episode...

The Kobeni and Hakuya moments were cute. Is it just me or was he much more expressive this episode? Now I know why he was always patting her on the head. A sign of love, that's sweet.

Also, Mashiro please correct Kobeni's misunderstanding! And now she knows someones going to show up.

There she is! And It's their mother no less! Yet again Kobeni shows her surprised face. I would too though If I was her.

Benio you can't take over for your sis and you know it. I wonder if she does things like this on purpose? She really is something else though.

And the mother goes blurting out needless things about the past... Perfect!

Now lets see how things unfold from here on.
7thVoidFeb 5, 2014 8:03 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 5, 2014 9:11 PM

Dec 2011
Best OP, great ED and lovely story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2011
Mashiro is 9 years old, so Kobeni gets it into her head that Mashiro is some kind of prodigy when actually she's... not. And there's a test coming up. Poor Mashiro...

Their mother spurted out a LOT of stuff which the others weren't supposed to know yet...

All that talk about 'habitat'.

So they're some kind of spirit, that can take on multiple forms.

Kobeni gets another fever, and the fever gets explained by the mother - it's because she has half of Hakuya's power in her. But what actually is this power?

And Hakuya patting Kobeni on the head a lot is because he enjoyed it when she did it to him (in dog form). Daww. How sweet.
kuuderes_shadowFeb 6, 2014 5:31 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 6, 2014 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
Their mother reminds me of Isumi Saginomiya they both get lost very often
greedytohFeb 6, 2014 5:55 AM
Feb 6, 2014 5:36 AM

Nov 2009
greedytoh said:
Their mother reminds me of Isumi Saginomiyo they both get lost very often

Same here. After first seeing her in the OP I've thought of her, and now they're even more similar.

Pretty nice ep as usual.

http://i.imgur.com/4CSplOA.jpg
lol'd
Feb 6, 2014 5:37 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
So I guess there are some sort of a dog/wolf deities ?
Feb 6, 2014 5:38 AM

Oct 2013
Well... shit. Mashiro in pajamas was great. I hope it stays lighthearted and doesn't take this new revelation too seriously.
Feb 6, 2014 5:58 AM

Nov 2012
Nice Episode, Kobeni and Hakuya look very cute when they are together.
Kobeni and benio quite open minded, they didn't get that surprise when they were told Hakuya's family aren't human.
I wonder if Kobeni got some kind of hidden power apart from getting sick.
Feb 6, 2014 6:00 AM

Aug 2011
Everything in this anime is taken too slightly. OP makes sense now.
Feb 6, 2014 6:04 AM

Aug 2013
The temptation of sweet ~_~
Good episode :D
Feb 6, 2014 6:27 AM
Jul 2012
Hakuya and Kobeni are interacting more "naturally" with each other which is nice to see. I'm surprised that this series actually has a sense of direction despite being based off a 4-koma (not that I wouldn't mind 20 minutes of silly Mashiro, Kobeni, and Benio antics)
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Feb 6, 2014 6:56 AM

Sep 2013
How can this show keep getting better when I've already given it a 10? Shirayuki was really nice, even if she can't keep her mouth shut.
Still love the OP + ED
Feb 6, 2014 6:58 AM
Jul 2013
Gildesh said:
greedytoh said:
http://i.imgur.com/4CSplOA.jpg
lol'd

Haha, Benio is always hilarious xD
Feb 6, 2014 6:59 AM

Aug 2013
I had this stupid grin plastered on my face while watching this episode. It was just so adorable and funny, I can't help it ^^!

Benio's monologue and antics...GOLD. And the recording eyes almost made me spit out my tea XD! Siscon-lolicon is definitely a dangerous combination haha. When she said "ore no yome" was it kind of a play on words (mamono, bakemono, oni, mononoke)? Or was that Benio being a pervert?

Shirayuki looks exactly like Mashiro but with black hair. Loli-baba ahaha...no wonder Mashiro said her prospects are grim about having boobs haha!

"How am I supposed to believe that?"
*sees Shirayuki waving at her from atop the neighbor's roof*
"Guess I gotta." LMAO!

Kobeni...got good grades. Does housework. Has a big rack and great child-bearing hips. Has waifu written all over her.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 6, 2014 7:22 AM

Apr 2012
No OP! Had to go on youtube to hear that catchy tune! Good episode when we meet the loli Mother! I'm also glad its managing to keep it light heartedness while also having a plot..ish! ^_^
Feb 6, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2013
Forgot to add that I had guessed she had been given some of his power. I wonder if that connects the two in some way. Other than the prospect of them becoming a couple obviously.

Can't wait for the next episode. I guess I'll have to though.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Feb 6, 2014 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
An imouto-mom enters the fray... Haha, that's the first time I've seen one of those.

When she felt up Kobeni's boobs <3
Feb 6, 2014 7:41 AM

May 2012
jose21 said:
Nice Episode, Kobeni and Hakuya look very cute when they are together.
Kobeni and benio quite open minded, they didn't get that surprise when they were told Hakuya's family aren't human.
I wonder if Kobeni got some kind of hidden power apart from getting sick.

Kobeni was actually pretty surprised. Benio just saw it as "Lolis forever", so it really only plays into her pursuance of Mashiro. Benio doesn't really care about the details xD

I do wonder about Kobeni having some sort of power too...

Another amazing episode~ This show does not know how to disappoint!!
Feb 6, 2014 7:52 AM

May 2012
Good episode. I knew they wasn't human. I mean a loli sister-in-law and a loli mother-in-law is just not normal. Must say that I really like the mom. Although she does a lot of sweets lol. Wonder what powers Kobeni got from Hakuya? Can't wait for next week. Sad there was no op.
Feb 6, 2014 7:54 AM

Mar 2012
Now that is some crazy Plot twist
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Feb 6, 2014 8:11 AM
Jan 2011
Walking spoiler - the loli mom!
Feb 6, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2010
No OP :(

But the ep was awesome.

Lol'd at Mashiro when he was counting all Kobeni's good traits and knew she's gonna be the main focus of being questioned XD Benio's Hard disk saving was hilarious XD

I just love Kobeni's reactions to being patted on the head. Her blushes and her "Nani" is soooo KAWAIIII <3...Esp when she found out why he keeps patting her <3

Their mom is cute XD How she keeps getting lost and tempted by sweets was lol XD Lol'd at Benio's reactions to Loli mother in law XD
Her big mouth is awesome. She revealed pretty much everything in a few minutes XD
Lol'd at how she immediately accepted Kobeni after groping her oppai XD

Seems like Kobeni remembered most of the past and even though still doesn't mind Hakuya :D Glad for that. If she got scared and stuff that would have been annoying.

Well, at least now we know why Mashiro gives puppy vibes XD
Barion-ZaraFeb 6, 2014 1:36 PM
Feb 6, 2014 8:14 AM
Nov 2013
Horrible episode, and I was starting to like this show, can't believe how shitty it really is. I hope a better episode next week. Damn, I'm tired of this season already ):
Feb 6, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2013
Rashkolnikov said:
Horrible episode, and I was starting to like this show, can't believe how shitty it really is. I hope a better episode next week. Damn, I'm tired of this season already ):

May I ask what it is you don't like?

Feb 6, 2014 8:21 AM
Jan 2011
Rashkolnikov said:

How do you do it? I found myself getting "kyaa" over and over! How can you withstand the moeness?!
Feb 6, 2014 8:37 AM
Nov 2013
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

Plot twist incredibly dumb IMO, Twilight feeling. The characters reactions are quite cliché. I'm starting to get sick of Benio and her loli complex, the anime is still the same, aside the "plot twist", they do the same things in every episode, and it's getting boring already. Kobeni weakness is annoying and forced as hell. I almost forgot; no opening. And the opening is the best thing of this show.
blankflatFeb 6, 2014 8:43 AM
Feb 6, 2014 9:06 AM

May 2012
Rashkolnikov said:
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

Plot twist incredibly dumb IMO, Twilight feeling. The characters reactions are quite cliché. I'm starting to get sick of Benio and her loli complex, the anime is still the same, aside the "plot twist", they do the same things in every episode, and it's getting boring already. Kobeni weakness is annoying and forced as hell. I almost forgot; no opening. And the opening is the best thing of this show.

The "twist" had been foreshadowed pretty heavily though. If Benio had been surprised that would have been really out of character for her. Kobeni WAS surprised. She didn't even believe it at first. I don't know why people are thinking otherwise. Actually, episodes 3-5 have been fairly different from the first two episodes, and 4 was pretty different from all of the episodes. Kobeni's "weakness" is a major plot point (as we learned in today's episode). Also, it seems to only flare up when she starts to remember something. Which isn't that "forced" I'd say.
I did miss the Opening, but this episode was one that was meant to advance the plot, so it was a worthwhile sacrifice I'd say.
Feb 6, 2014 9:08 AM

Jun 2013
Well, this episode sure escalated quickly. No OP though T_T

Rashkolnikov said:
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

In the end, it's all your opinion that most of us I believe, couldn't careless.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 6, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
Rashkolnikov said:
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

I think Kobeni's weakness is because she can't handle the power/energy Hakuya had given her. If you think about it that way it makes sense. I can see where you get Twilight, but I still feel this is much better. Benio also may be crazy but that appeals to a wide audience, apparently. I'm alright with it actually. I'm more surprised you didn't say anything about Hakuya TBH.

Well people have their opinions and I can kind of see where you're coming from. You can't force someone to like a show. At least you're giving it another week to redeem itself.

Feb 6, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2012
Hakuya's really improved since the first episode.
Feb 6, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2013
Mashiro looking cute in those pajamas. Their mother comes to visit, and the truth comes about who they really are. So that's why Hakuya has been petting her head when she seems flustered.
Feb 6, 2014 9:27 AM
Nov 2013
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

I think Kobeni's weakness is because she can't handle the power/energy Hakuya had given her. If you think about it that way it makes sense. I can see where you get Twilight, but I still feel this is much better. Benio also may be crazy but that appeals to a wide audience, apparently. I'm alright with it actually. I'm more surprised you didn't say anything about Hakuya TBH.

Well people have their opinions and I can kind of see where you're coming from. You can't force someone to like a show. At least you're giving it another week to redeem itself.

What should I say about Hakuya? He's stupid, but I don't have anything against him. And yes, I thought about the weakness thing, still annoying for me. I hope they don't get melodramatic in the next episodes. To be honest, I like the first 3 episodes, only this last one was horrible for me. So, of course I'll give another chance.
Feb 6, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2012
Didnt know this was supernatural... although now the title kinda make sense...

Surprise that Benio didnt go crazy after meeting the loli mum xD
Feb 6, 2014 9:47 AM
Nov 2013
vampko said:
Rashkolnikov said:
7thVoid said:
Rashkolnikov said:

The "twist" had been foreshadowed pretty heavily though. If Benio had been surprised that would have been really out of character for her. Kobeni WAS surprised. She didn't even believe it at first. I don't know why people are thinking otherwise. Actually, episodes 3-5 have been fairly different from the first two episodes, and 4 was pretty different from all of the episodes. Kobeni's "weakness" is a major plot point (as we learned in today's episode). Also, it seems to only flare up when she starts to remember something. Which isn't that "forced" I'd say.
I did miss the Opening, but this episode was one that was meant to advance the plot, so it was a worthwhile sacrifice I'd say.

No, I don't see any changes, aside the little twist. Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are almost the same. Also, when I say "forced" I'm not saying she is pretending, I'm just saying it's pretty lame. I always hated the weakness thing. That's no arguing about that, really, it's just something personal about my taste.
Feb 6, 2014 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
Made sense, as they hinted at hiding something last episode. Plus Kobeni was having flashbacks of a dog in previous episodes. I guess that they're yokai? Wonder if Mashiro and the mom have a dog form too.

vampko said:
I do wonder about Kobeni having some sort of power too...

From the way Mashiro's mom talked, it sounds like Hakuya gave her half his power due to the injury from falling. It's possible they meant without it, she could've died.
Feb 6, 2014 9:55 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, them Mitsumine family aren't human? Fuck, this changes everything.
Feb 6, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2013
ahh Benio is so much win yet again, thought they would wait out another couple of episodes before the supernatural reveal of the family, but nice to see it done this early, mother was awesome
Feb 6, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2012
that Panicking Mashiro is the best.. someone.. need GIF of that.. :))
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Feb 6, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
Lolis, Lolis everywhere! :3
Feb 6, 2014 11:09 AM
Oct 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:
So they're some kind of spirit, that can take on multiple forms.
Or maybe each has one true form, but it's different for every spirit/youkai/whatever even if they are blood related.

I guess it's not going into further detail, since it's supposed to be "unidentified"
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 6, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
So now we know they aren't Human but we still don't know what exactly they are meaning we still have some things to find out about them.
We also learned how Kobini was saved and why she is sick from time to time, maybe she will get a cure in the near future or something like that.
Looking forward to finding out what exactly they are and hoping to see the mother again she seemed like an interesting character.
Feb 6, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Aaaah the mother is so adorable... LOLI MOTHER FTW!!!

So many gold Benio moments. Her siscon rage, her recording eye lol....

Nice to finally see Kobeni and Hakuya talking normally.
Feb 6, 2014 11:36 AM
Jul 2013
What! They are not human. I hope that will not damage the series.
Feb 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
Gah now that i've wanted a series with run of the mill humans we get this.

I have to say that things didn't get as weird as I thought they were going to, which is good.
I even felt my heart mellt a bit when I realized that Hakuya pats Kobeni's head because that's how affection was shown to him before. Very cute not gonna lie.

Some other things I liked were that mom went and cleared up everything in one episode.
I was sure this was going to be dragged out until the 11th episode or something. Not expecting much progress from here, but this progress in itself was good.
Also that Kobeni is weak because he gave her half of his powers (definitely did not see that one coming btw).
I'm glad there was some explanation for that instead of just the random ~terrible inexplicable anime fever/sickness~ because that trope is ridiculous.

Rashkolnikov said:
I'm starting to get sick of Benio and her loli complex

Idk aobut your other points but yes I agree with this. I got sick of her after 10 minutes of seeing her in the first episode.

I'm interested and I can't say that for many other Winter shows.
Feb 6, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2013
xchee said:
I had this stupid grin plastered on my face while watching this episode. It was just so adorable and funny, I can't help it ^^!

Benio's monologue and antics...GOLD. And the recording eyes almost made me spit out my tea XD! Siscon-lolicon is definitely a dangerous combination haha. When she said "ore no yome" was it kind of a play on words (mamono, bakemono, oni, mononoke)? Or was that Benio being a pervert?

Shirayuki looks exactly like Mashiro but with black hair. Loli-baba ahaha...no wonder Mashiro said her prospects are grim about having boobs haha!

"How am I supposed to believe that?"
*sees Shirayuki waving at her from atop the neighbor's roof*
"Guess I gotta." LMAO!

Kobeni...got good grades. Does housework. Has a big rack and great child-bearing hips. Has waifu written all over her.

HAHA LOLOL
Loved Shirayuki.
Not surprised that Hakuya was a dog before..
(Kobeni gave an example which included a dog in the previous episode shortly after Hakuya told Momouchi what he liked (Kobeni) and her trying to remember her past in previous episodes where she remembered touching something fluffy)

He gave up some of his power and used it on her..but what is that power exactly?
Kobeni and Hakuya looking better together.
Feb 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
This episode (I feel) at the moment is this series high point. Hopefully they can manage the rest of the series in this fashion, or at the very least something close to it.

Feb 6, 2014 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda glad that they didn't turn out to be aliens. I can live with mythological shapeshifters.

Just noticed that all the Mitsumine family members have names with "white" in them. Hakuya-白夜-"white night"; Mashiro-真白-"pure white; Shirayuki-白雪-"white snow" (just a short step away from "Shirayuki-hime"-白雪姫-"Snow White"). Got any overthinkers here who wanna interpret that?

And yeah, I'm also starting to get fed up with Benio, as she seems to have no point so far other than loli-sis-con humour. I thought she had some potential as an antagonist trying to break up the main couple, but it doesn't seem likely to go in that direction at this point. Oh well, I'm still somewhat optimistic about this show overall, since the interactions between Kobeni and Hakuya are still fun to watch.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2014

114 by Forum »»
Mar 11, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

240 by zyrian2 »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2014

124 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2014

129 by is_my_no_name »»
Apr 11, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Mikakunin de Shinkoukei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2014

115 by oooo3333 »»
Nov 23, 2022 5:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.