Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2007 6:19 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Dangos in ef. Absolute win!

Was another very nice episode, Kei's got no more way to deny that Hirono's together with Miyako. I'm glad Chihiro was able to get a grip onto her live again, somehow. Renji finally seems to take her novel more serious, as in seeing that it's actually herself Chihiro's talking about. Looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 4, 2007 7:36 PM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:

That's what I noticed too! I was like "Dangoooooooo~!!" ^^ Loved the scene between Hiro and Miyako at the beach, especially when he tried to ad-lib :P

This show really has some of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen.

I'm going to be really sad when this ends :(
Dec 4, 2007 8:01 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

Lmfao...Yea...I also noticed that and laughed...Finally a Miyako episode..Yaaaaaay...Kei got was coming to her xD. Miyako FTW!!!!!
Dec 4, 2007 8:36 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:

Was another very nice episode, Kei's got no more way to deny that Hirono's together with Miyako. I'm glad Chihiro was able to get a grip onto her live again, somehow. Renji finally seems to take her novel more serious, as in seeing that it's actually herself Chihiro's talking about. Looking forward to more.

:P, really a great episode, unbelievable !!! :P
I cant help but feel that Kai got what she deserved... I dont hate her, but its her fault for doing those things, and also not showing her feeling before that!
She got there!!! Noone else is to blame, not even hiro-kun!

I am happy for Miyako!
Dec 4, 2007 9:17 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
One of my favorite scenes:

I absolutely loved the scene between Miyako and Hirono, absolute win~!! Except I think they jumped into bed waaaay too fast :S I didn't like THAT at all. As for Kei, I'm kind of glad she got a little of her own back at her (even though Miyako really wasn't intending to hurt her, I don't think). And camera-boy is there to comfort her - why am I not surprised xD

Renji crying sadly when Chihiro was talking about her former self being dead - very nice. In fact, all of Renji was pure win in this episode. And he finally realizes about the story. I want to see what he's going to do from here on out.

EDIT: I just watched the prologue again because I thought the scene with her in bed with Hirono was in it... and remembered why I thought Miyako was the bad guy in the beginning. It makes me worried as to what's going to happen now :S I love the song in it though - must find it.
KinetaDec 4, 2007 9:53 PM
Dec 4, 2007 9:32 PM

Dec 2006
if you were one of them in that situation, do you really think you would have waited? best couple in anime i've ever seen. now let's watch kei go into uber bitch mode and screw it up again whee!
Dec 4, 2007 9:34 PM

Aug 2007
nice dango family. Hirono and Miyako was done very well. Sexy time. Too bad for Kei, but all is fair in love, I guess.

Miyako 2, Kei 1. Miyako gets an extra point for "bedding" Hirono..lol
Dec 4, 2007 10:21 PM

Jan 2007
That was an awesome episode. I was waiting for the moment Kei gets pwned by Miyako. I really wish we could've seen her face the moment she went into the room. The scenes leading up to it were fantastic as well. Loved the kiss scene.

The Renji/Chihiro story was superb. The dialogue used was well thought out and it really brought a lot of emotion.
Dec 4, 2007 10:50 PM
Oct 2007
Hey Renji and that other guy shouldn't stand on the church roof like that, they could fall and really hurt themselves!

What was up with the moon too, towards the end. It looked like it was going through some lunar angular eclipse. :0
Dec 4, 2007 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows this year. Kei had that coming, but Miyako wasn't taking many chances by hopping right into bed with Hirono to stake claim to him.

Chihiro is still my favorite because it's less highschool drama and more tragic romance.
Dec 4, 2007 11:50 PM

Apr 2007
Loved it. It's about time Kyosuke gets some screen time as well. I'm gonna shed a tear when this ends. >_<
Dec 5, 2007 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
Censored_Vagina said:
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows this year.

I was about to post the same thing.
Dec 5, 2007 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
Poor Renji, it must be very painful to go thru all that );

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Dec 5, 2007 12:40 AM

Jun 2007
I get the feeling from the last part where Chihiro is in her little dream wold chained to the ground. That she's seeing her past self and possibly remembering some past things.

Also I had a big wtf happened look on my face when Miyako and Hirono jumped into bed right after their little confession on the beach thing. I guess it was to be expected but in my opinion that was a bit to early. Ah well, its good that they finally hooked up.

Updated Relationship chart update:
Dec 5, 2007 12:45 AM

Oct 2007
Censored_Vagina said:
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows this year. Kei had that coming, but Miyako wasn't taking many chances by hopping right into bed with Hirono to stake claim to him.

Banzai at that! Lovely sentence :P
Dec 5, 2007 1:50 AM

Mar 2007
Nice episode all in all except for the part where Renji was raging at the sandcastle at the beach, that was stretching things a bit and lacked impact
Dec 5, 2007 1:51 AM

Nov 2007
Good episode, Renji needs a prize for putting up with that kind of situation.

The wierd thing though, it was Kei running injured and still faster that Kyousuke's bike.
Dec 5, 2007 3:28 AM
Sep 2007
Miyako and Hiro getting in bed killed it for me.
I'd prefer seeing more innocence in their characters; that was too far imo.
Dec 5, 2007 4:19 AM

Jul 2007
gotoKu- said:

I think miya took it that far because last episode Kei implied that she and Hiro were in bed together.. this reflects poorly on miya's character but that could be a big part of this sudden progress..
Dec 5, 2007 4:37 AM
Sep 2007
candelina said:
gotoKu- said:

I think miya took it that far because last episode Kei implied that she and Hiro were in bed together.. this reflects poorly on miya's character but that could be a big part of this sudden progress..

Yeah, Kei kinda had it coming to her. I'm probably looking forward to episode 10 the most out of any Ef episde, just to see Kei's reaction.

Another plus in my book is Hiro stating that he ran away from home. I kinda began to wonder why and how none of the ef characters are living with their parents, but this clears it up, for Hiro's profile anyway.
Dec 5, 2007 5:00 AM

Apr 2007
Oh, here I am, supposed to be studying for my exams, but I just HAD to reserve some little time for ef and my opinions about the episode.

First of all: YAY! Yuukyuu no Tsubasa, the ef game op, in instrumental version played in the episode again! I keep expecting to hear that song in the final episode or something.

Now, let's begin with the love triangle.

Greatest development for Hiro as of yet. Now he doesn't feel like a random harem lead anymore, yay! So, as much as Miyako felt he was the escape from her world, Hiro thought the same about her. With each other, they could really escape together from this world, into a new and unknown place, where no one could reach them: the place of feelings. I loved when he couldn't say the right words, because there really aren't any. So he just stayed with her.

We can also say Miyako is stronger than she looks. After episode 7, we expected her to be all mopey and clingy, but still she remained true to herself and Hiro, but still remained true to her feelings. After all, he's free to make his choices, and if he wanted to reject her, so be it. But Miyako got her wish.

Kei's scream was quite painful to hear, and I can't say I don't understand her feelings. But for all she's done, she had it coming. Now it's time to move on and stop controlling other's feelings.

As for Renji... Wow. I love him. It hurts worse than hell, but still he tries to stay by Chihiro's side because he wants to help her, and be with her. It's already been told to him that it will only hurt more and more, and that frustrates him, but he knows Chihiro remains the same and hates when she keeps insisting she's changing. He is indeed right, Chihiro is the same, because Chihiro is in her heart, not memory. I keep expecting him to hug her and simply hold her until she notices that, but noo. There are three more episodes to come, I won't give up!

The most disturbing and scary thing was how Chihiro wrote her novel. The girl is but a part of herself that she calls over to write her story. That is the most painful thing in the whole series. And I'll be waiting for how Renji will pull her out of the island and into the world of feelings and warmth. I believe in you, Renji!

It's getting harder and harder to keep this from my top 5...

Kineta said:
EDIT: I just watched the prologue again because I thought the scene with her in bed with Hirono was in it... and remembered why I thought Miyako was the bad guy in the beginning. It makes me worried as to what's going to happen now :S I love the song in it though - must find it.

The song is Yuukyuu no Tsubasa, by Hitomi Harada, and is the OP of the game.

Censored_Vagina said:

Unlike Kei, Miyako wasn't treating this as a game. If anything, the time Kei started with the "I will win him over argument", Miyako tried to keep Hiro's attention from diverting. But she didn't sleep with him because it was a game. If that was the case, she could have tried that a long time ago, before taking the risk of sounding pathetic with all those voice messages.

And DeathfireD, I don't think Miyako is jealous of Kei. She never minded Kei from the beginning. When she went over to Hiro's place, what hurt the most was how Hiro had completely replaced and 'forgotten' her, not because it was particularly with Kei.
MaxwellLilyDec 5, 2007 5:15 AM
Dec 5, 2007 5:46 AM

Oct 2007
This has to be my best episode in the series, so far, as it had a great deal of developments in both stories. After already giving this series a 9/10, I am finding it hard to not give it a 10/10, because it is becoming on of my best Romances based of a Visual Novel. So I'll just have to see how things turn out in the next 3 episodes.

As for the songs, my best one has to be the ED for episode 8 (which I don't know the name of) and I would love to find the full version for it. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2007 6:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Master_M2K said:
As for the songs, my best one has to be the ED for episode 8 (which I don't know the name of) and I would love to find the full version for it. ^_^

It's not out yet but it should become available, soon.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 5, 2007 6:37 AM

Nov 2007
stunning visuals, this episode is a pure win.
Dec 5, 2007 6:47 AM

Oct 2007
Another stunning episode, this series really does get better every week. I'm not used to hyping, but I can't help it with this series. It's too awesome for my own good.

Miyako is far from innocent, she really took the chance while she had it. I think the part where Kei found Miyako in Hiro's bed could've been visualized a tad more dramatic though (in that typical Shaft style). I can't wait for her reaction. I can't wait for Kyosuke's reaction either.

I can sorta play the piano part of the prologue, it's not that hard. I just need a violinist here. D=

My kingdom for a bottle of plum juice!
Dec 5, 2007 8:10 AM

Oct 2007
m-boy said:

I can sorta play the piano part of the prologue, it's not that hard. I just need a violinist here. D=

It's a shame that I can only play brass instruments (like the trumpet) ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2007 8:21 AM
Oct 2007
Pff...

I can only play wind instruments. (except flute)
Dec 5, 2007 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
sitha said:

Nice episode all in all except for the part where Renji was raging at the sandcastle at the beach, that was stretching things a bit and lacked impact

I actually really liked the line "Are her memories more fragile than sand?" Renji tends to be a little overdramatic sometimes, but I really liked the point of that scene. I think its placement in the story is a little off though since Renji has come to realize that even if Chihiro's memory isn't perfect, she's still the same person. It's probably something he's still dealing with otherwise there wouldn't be much left to their story.
Dec 5, 2007 9:47 AM

Oct 2007
i really hope that renji will not abandoned chihiro..,

and kei x hiro forever! i know kei didnt tell him her feelings and did such terrible things... but she is a really fragile person, she will break because of this
RifleDec 5, 2007 9:52 AM
Dec 5, 2007 10:00 AM

Oct 2007
Rifle said:
... and kei x hiro forever! i know kei didnt tell him her feelings and did such terrible things... but she is a really fragile person, she will break because of this

Yeah I'm also one of the few that feels sorry for Kei, even after what she's done because I feel that her actions are very understandable. However that doesn't change the fact that I support Hiro x Miyako. ^_^
Dec 5, 2007 10:42 AM

Aug 2007
well that kinda sucked for Kei x Hiro people, but i was glad that it happened. Looks like Kei loses the love battle.
Dec 5, 2007 10:44 AM

Oct 2007
got a pic from the game:

would love to see this scene..
RifleDec 5, 2007 10:47 AM
Dec 5, 2007 11:06 AM

Jul 2007
The visuals seemed too 'broken' to me. But the story still developed nicely.
Dec 5, 2007 11:37 AM

Apr 2007
That'd be a really romantic scene, Rifle, but I'm not sure you can post a picture like that.
Dec 5, 2007 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
I thought it was kind of funny at the end when Kei screamed but then the end theme didn't fit the mood at all. It felt more like a comedic situation like Kei tried twice to keep Miyako away but whoops it didn't work, cue laugh track.

Dec 5, 2007 12:32 PM

Sep 2007
I'm predicting a huge catfight to happen soon. Who will win?
Dec 5, 2007 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
SamuraiTom said:
I'm predicting a huge catfight to happen soon. Who will win?

definitely kei ;)
Dec 5, 2007 1:22 PM

Jun 2007
I really liked how Miyako and Hiro got together. They seem like a great pair.

Also, this episode had my favorite ending. Even though it's with Kei.
Dec 5, 2007 2:19 PM
Aug 2007
man all I got 2 say is that Kei got pwned.....o man she got a taste of her own medicine...take that!!! Miya and Hiro finally together....slept with each other....wow that went pretty fast, but I buess its becuz Miya is all alone so she just HAS to sleep with the one she luvs. I luved this episode and the graphics were nice
Dec 5, 2007 2:25 PM

Feb 2007
Kineta said:

the song is an piano version of the Game Opening songs, when you find that Piano version, you're free to share with me :3

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Dec 5, 2007 3:32 PM
Jun 2007
What an awsome episode!
Dango - Dnago - Dango ^_^
Dec 5, 2007 4:16 PM

Aug 2007
Ef9 is definitely the best episode aired thus far, have to say even eclipsing episodes 7 and 8. In terms of Sakuga, the vivid backgrounds persisted throughout the episode and I believe some if not most of the lip-syncing issues were fixed. The BGM has to have been the best I've seen thus far in this anime and the animes I've been following this season, tenmon is God!

The only problem I saw with this episode is that everything definitely feels rushed. I understand the timeline they have to work with, 1 cour isn't a lot when it comes to an interpretation of a visual novel (I'm using Air as a model here). Even though the plot feels heavily rushed, everything still flows nice and the story doesn't feel all garbled at all.

Miyako is definitely not the nut case everyone thought her to be, she just let everything out in episode 7. Knew that cooking scene would bite Kei in the ass when she delivered her "food" to Hirono, but divine retribution is always like that. The really ironic part is that the food she cooked might have actually been edible, might say delicious even! Cute how Hirono tried to come up with lines to fit the moment, cute scene.

Not a very big fan of Chihiro's tale, but I do enjoy Renji getting a dose of reality every now and then. The roles are reversed now...Chihiro broke down trying to be the girl in Renji's mind...now Renji is falling apart as he tries to be supportive of Chihiro. Poor guy just can't catch a break...

Sad that there are only 3 episodes left...same with Higurashi...*sobs*
Can only hope the shows I'm currently following can be as emotionally powerful as ef...definitely better than Clannad9 either way...die already Fuko!!! T_T
Dec 5, 2007 5:22 PM

Apr 2007
PimpToad said:
Miyako is definitely not the nut case everyone thought her to be

I never did! ;o;
Dec 5, 2007 5:31 PM

Oct 2007
AngelLily said:
PimpToad said:
Miyako is definitely not the nut case everyone thought her to be

I never did! ;o;

Personally after that phone episode was really afraid of what might happen next and in the back of my mind, was the name, of the visual novel that will forever haunt me... "School Days". I hope someday I will forget that anime. ^_^
Dec 5, 2007 5:56 PM

Aug 2007
For one thing people need to stop comparing every little thing to School Days, great anime/VN btw =P

Ah sorry for making that statement, should have said most people =P
Dec 5, 2007 6:02 PM

Apr 2007
PimpToad said:
For one thing people need to stop comparing every little thing to School Days, great anime/VN btw =P

Ah sorry for making that statement, should have said most people =P

I agree with you totally. It's starting to get really annoying. School Days was only bloody because the game was. And that was it. It was in the SOURCE. There is absolutely no reason to keep assumpting there will be BLOOD in every love triangle from now on.

And no problem~ XD
Dec 5, 2007 6:09 PM

Aug 2007
But but the roles fit perfectly!

We have a Sekai (Kei) and a Kotonoha (Miya-Miya)
We also have a guy who bangs everyone! (another character, but still there nonetheless)

The only thing that is missing is for Sekai (Kei) or Kotonoha (Miya-Miya) to find out that umm the guy who bangs everyone (Hirono???) is cheating on umm both of them? o_O

Wow this post makes no sense...umm +1? xD
Dec 5, 2007 6:52 PM

Nov 2007
Beautifully laid out episode. Kyousuke's a very insightful character, I like him alot. Greatly looking forward to next episode.
Dec 5, 2007 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
this is officially better than clannad now =o the only thing bad about ef is that its only 12 episodes :(

i wonder whats going to happen next!! cant wait for the rest of the episodes, i hope hirono kun will end up with miyako

Dec 6, 2007 3:40 AM

Aug 2007
It was a nice and intense episode.
=) the ending was good but poor Kei I like her more the Miyako :D.
And the Dango scene rocks xD.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.