Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 4, 2015 12:44 PM
Oct 2014
gotoKu- said:
Miyako and Hiro getting in bed killed it for me.
I'd prefer seeing more innocence in their characters; that was too far imo.

Rofl what a purist.
May 23, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
Yes!!!!
I loved the scene where Hirono's sister caught him sleeping with Miyako =OO
May 24, 2015 3:01 AM

Aug 2009
wins:
dango phone card
things escalated faster than a rocket between miyako and hiro (dat body)
renji's thoughts

best ep so far for me
Jun 10, 2015 6:44 PM

Jun 2012
Did that dude really start bleeding after getting hit by a diary? Soft as fuck.
Aug 29, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 2009
Eat that Kei, eat that.
Sep 28, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2014
#SLUT
Oct 7, 2015 12:47 AM

Nov 2011
Renji is in a really tough spot. He's basically having to make a life commitment in deciding to stay with Chihiro. It's not surprising that he would struggle with it, especially considering that he won't be able to share memories with Chihiro. The question is whether he loves her that much... and to be totally honest, I'm not sure if he does. I'm glad Himura gave him the hint. Although the base person is the same, everything Chihiro had become is gone, so in many ways she isn't the same person anymore. Everything that had built up is gone; yes, Chihiro is Chihiro, but at the same time, she isn't. I thought the scene at the beach was particularly fitting as Renji tried to cope with this.

This show really is romantic (and I don't mean in the love sense).

On Hiro's side of things, I thought the development that culminated in the kiss made perfect sense. Hiro has actually been getting along with Miya well so far; he's just expressed it in a roundabout way until now. It was honestly one of my favorite (if not my overall favorite) kissing scenes in anime; Hiro's poor ad-libbing and the follow-up kiss was cute as well. However, I was quite disappointed with the following bed scene, firstly because I didn't think Hiro's "like" toward Miya had been expressed strongly enough for going that far to make sense, and secondly because it killed the innocence in the relationship. Recall Renji's mother's words, "Passion and love are opposites." I have a sinking feeling that this devolved into passion rather than love (whereas the Renji/Chihiro side seems to be doing the opposite, evolving from passion into love).

I might have sympathized with Kei had it not been for her grossly selfish actions, but I find it hard to as is. Hopefully she'll grow from this experience.

I can't foresee the ending here, but the drama developments certainly were interesting... I still wonder what would happen if Chihiro met Hiro again.

On a Personal Note
TripleSRankOct 7, 2015 1:05 AM
Oct 23, 2015 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
I am glad Miyako decided to call and that they kissed, it was clear that Hiro liked her...they were kinda fast haha
Know what? it was good Kei saw that! She deserved it, she really was being mean, she was not able to confess and didn't want Miyako near Hiro.
Oct 29, 2015 8:08 AM

Sep 2015
HAHAHA I love the fact that Kei just saw that!!! ^_^
Nov 12, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2015
Yaaay! Miyako and Hiro are a thing! I probably would've screamed and ran if I had walked in on that, too, but for different reasons than Kei. XD

As for the people saying things are going too fast, it would seem that they've known each other for quite some time at this point, and they've obviously had feelings for each other for a while. Not to mention both of them have felt lonely and they're 16 year and their hormones are raging. I don't think the bed scene was really necessary, but I don't think it took away from the relationship, either. They don't really have to "remain pure" for their relationship to be legit and their feelings for one another real. I mean, we saw Kyosuke had sex with his girlfriend (granted, they'd probably been with each other for a while) in the second episode or so. It doesn't take away from the fact that he clearly likes Kei now. Kyosuke's unrequited feelings. Oh, the love square.

Two of the three stories have connected. I really want Chihiro's story to connect. I want Kei to meet Renji or something.

My poor Renji-kun. Poor, poor Renji-kun. The pain of being in love. 50 First Dates made it look easy.
SuranaNov 12, 2015 7:52 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 12, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2015
FestinaLente said:
#SLUT

Please explain to me how sleeping with ONE person - who you deeply care for - makes you a slut.
SuranaNov 12, 2015 7:53 AM
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 9, 2015 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
I have to admit that I like more Chihiro/Renji than Kei/Miyako/Hirono' story, that's a bit contrived.
Dec 23, 2015 9:23 AM
Nov 2014
Yes...the biggest bitch Kei got her just desserts. She deserved worse than that.
Feb 11, 2016 7:50 AM

Aug 2015
that Renji really like to whine a lot.
Jun 24, 2016 6:13 PM
Aug 2014
This show is really cheesy at times, but i love it nonetheless.
Renji is feeling much more like a character i like the last episodes, and the whole story with him and chihiro is really touching

The beach confessing scene was really great and i had to laugh so hard when Hiro was trying to be romantic and came up with "Ill kill you and die by my own hand"
Also shows where the characters actually have sex are always a gem, happens way to rarely

koroX said:
Shuhan said:
Did that dude really start bleeding after getting hit by a diary? Soft as fuck.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

that made me confused as well, propably was a book+3 and a critical hit or something
Oct 27, 2016 7:48 AM

Jan 2015
Miyako is so selfish and obsessive she annoys the hell out of me. also her backstory.. are we supposed to sympathize with her? she pities herself all the time which makes her even more irritating
Nov 12, 2016 7:20 PM

Mar 2015
I didnt feel anything when they kissed but the bed scene made me excited, haha. Later, Kei knows they were on the bed and she lost the game. The problem is the time between Miyako and Hiro because he will be very busy with his manga career and dont have enough time to spend with her. At least Hiro x Miyako happened in this episode. First move victory is what I describe on this episode.

3.4/5
Dec 11, 2016 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
I have to say I think I am quite done with the melodrama between Renji and Chihiro, him screaming at the sky and his body contortions are ludicrous. Can't say I really approve of his perving out on what is basically a 12yr old girl mentally. Who will stay 12yrs old at that. The perv. I zone out when their scenes come up, would be enjoying this anime more without it.
Apr 15, 2017 5:08 AM
Nov 2015
Gosh the angst in Chihiro n Renji is unbearable. Don't think much of them.
Miyako n Hiro is still the best.
Kei needs a real talk, confesses her love, then moves on.
But I guess it is adolescence.
Apr 15, 2017 5:11 AM
Nov 2015
pennsatucky said:
Miyako is so selfish and obsessive she annoys the hell out of me. also her backstory.. are we supposed to sympathize with her? she pities herself all the time which makes her even more irritating

Pity my s***. She knows what unhappiness is, she is seeking happiness by herself.
What she did with that first kiss is phenomenal. A girl seeking the right guy who will not desert her, what's wrong w that?
Plus, she don't cry everytime.
Nov 2, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
HA HA!!! Score one for the great Miyako!

I don't know where other people fall on this but Kei had this coming with her actions.
Mar 27, 2018 5:28 PM
Apr 2016
Good for myako , she doesn’t play a weird game with hiro like kei (with hiro as the great price) , and kei deserves what happens (karma) + she already have before that a little something for kyousuke and in the same time practically destroyed all chance between myako and hiro (a stupid girl indeed) just like with her sister who have cause her accident.
Sep 3, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2018
Loved this episode, both the stories are progressing really well, this has the potential to be the best romance anime I've yet seen.
Feb 4, 2019 1:19 PM

Aug 2018
I don't know, how I feel about this anime so far.. I hate some things, but I feel excited(?) and.. interested(?) during other.. It's really a strange experience for me..
Like, with characters.. They have some moments I feel even maybe disgusted of them.. But at other times, their experience is something I want to learn more..
This anime is a strange experience.. Can't really evaluate it..
In the end, though.. I suppose, I'm getting something like that feel, when you watch CGDCT anime.. This is not anime like this, of course.. But the feel kinda reminds me.. When you feel some things, think at different times - and in the end don't remember too much of it.. I wonder, if sometimes drama like that can be enjoyable, or if that's not the best thing.. At the same time, I enjoy CGDCT anime, and experience I get there, but at the same time, this experience in itself.. Can be so floating and not durable through time, maybe.. Like, to get this drama experience, these some kind of feelings and thoughts, and then kinda not have them.. Kinda like Chihiro, hm - except not really of course, her angst to this is much more justified, true, and whatnot.. Well, anyway.. Anime made me think about experiencing drama in more "floating" way.. I don't know, what I even talk about, sorry..
Mar 17, 2019 10:13 AM

May 2016
Loved this episode Miyako scored a goal, Chihiro went through hell... again...

I wonder if Chihiro can make till end things don't look good for her, she suffers the most here.
Nov 3, 2019 9:38 AM

May 2019
Discovering this amazing story more than 10 years later, and for me this was the best episode until now.

Take dat, Kei your bitch!

In 2007 people didn't know, but now after 2018 we met and hated a Kei clone from another show:

the resemblance is attonish.

-----------------

About Renji x Chihiro, for the next episodes I JUST PRAY FOR HER DON'T SUICIDE.

Due to her circunstantes it ALWAYS would be a serious risk. Renji should be more aware, and do whatever possible to prevent. Specially after the book be finished.

If the need of "tragedy" element in shows like this cause that, i'll understand, but feel disapointed since everyone around should be extra cautious about it.
Rob7Nov 3, 2019 9:41 AM
Mar 28, 2020 3:08 AM

Aug 2017
Lol at Kei screaming at the end

Hirono laying the pipe on Miyamura, he better take responsibility for best girl. Kiss to bedroom immediately, strong work

Renji is still a wimp
CarbonMDMar 28, 2020 3:12 AM
Jul 20, 2020 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
I felt like it got melodramatic when book-guy began screaming, but that was it. Otherwise, damn good episode. I mean, not to undermine the other characters' struggles, but Chihiro's struggles I find the most serious and sympathetic. Although Miyako's instability of the prospect of being lonely is also serious.
Oct 27, 2021 3:34 AM
Mar 2020
Finally, hirono and miyako are together..now go cry over there kei. Cause you deserve it
Sep 4, 2022 12:43 PM

May 2018
well damn... I can't believe Hiro and Miyako underwent naked hand holding the entire night!
Sep 4, 2022 1:05 PM

May 2018
deleted_User2 said:
This show is really cheesy at times, but i love it nonetheless.
Renji is feeling much more like a character i like the last episodes, and the whole story with him and chihiro is really touching

The beach confessing scene was really great and i had to laugh so hard when Hiro was trying to be romantic and came up with "Ill kill you and die by my own hand"
Also shows where the characters actually have sex are always a gem, happens way to rarely

koroX said:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

that made me confused as well, propably was a book+3 and a critical hit or something

Never underestimate those grimoires... many times have one of my servants died to them T_T
Sep 17, 2022 6:25 AM

Jan 2013
Good for Miyako,Kei had this coming after that stunt.
I'm also proud how she handled herself seeing Hiro after such a long time considering her past and her fear of being forgotten.
Chihiro's question about losing her personality is interesting too, maybe as long as someone else remembers the person and the memories they create they can somehow still hold on to that personality as it's conveyed through the people she's met.
PrOxAntoSep 17, 2022 6:29 AM
Nov 5, 2022 8:51 AM

Apr 2022
Sad and dramatic!
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Nov 21, 2022 5:18 PM

Jul 2022
Renji and Chihiro's situation hurts too much, over time I have seen various situations but this is different from the others, Chihiro has been trapped in her mind since she was 12 years old and her 13 hours of memories of each day, for the rest of her life... For her it must be an unimaginable pain to have to be another person, because yes, no matter where you look, she plays another person trying to be like Chihiro from the day before. And well, Renji, I honestly don't know what he thinks by continuing to accompany her if he is going to continue falling in love with her, but he is going to see a point that in the eyes of the viewer will be somewhat cloudy. I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say, but the bottom line is that if he wants to keep accompanying her, let her be just like a "Guardian", just like Himura does.

Kei more than deserves it, his actions were very "selfish" (? (It's not the word I want to interpret it with but another one doesn't come to mind)
She brought it on herself by getting in the way like that. On the other hand, on Miyako's part, I'm not going to lie that I like that she's finally with Hirono, but it also makes me uncomfortable since Miyako seeks dependency, you know, the typical person who can't live without their partner and who can become super insecure and all that in the future. But well, if in the end they are always together without causing big problems, there is no need to worry about this. xd

DZentoNov 21, 2022 5:22 PM
Dec 3, 2022 2:04 AM

Oct 2021
The ending was satisfying af, miyako x hiro ftw
May 5, 2023 8:41 AM

Jul 2016
The transition from Kei screaming and running at the end to the visuals of her ED was almost too perfect lmao.

Also, seeing the dangos on Miyako's card kinda made my day as a Clannad fan.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.