Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2011 1:30 PM

Oct 2008
It was a pretty fun show, the kiss at the end was cute. I don't know why it was called candy boy, I don't think I saw a boy in that whole thing. Other than the title I liked the show.
Feb 20, 2011 1:30 PM
Aug 2008
I enjoyed every moment of Candy Boy as soon as I watched the first episode I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.The way Kanade and Yukino's relationship was presented and slowly built up in each episode was brilliant.

I only wished the kiss Kanade gave Yukino was returned like after she surprised her with the kiss,Yukino then gave Kanade a kiss back in return and they french kiss you know?,but finally seeing them kiss was still satisfying nonetheless.

What they did in the last episode was clever imo cuz everyone who watched it up to that point were expecting the sisters to finally kiss soon or later it was just a matter of WHEN.Which is always good in anime like this...Keeping the anticipation going for the scene the viewers wanted to see was awesome.

I too was feeling anxious for the kiss scene as well.My heart was racing every moment leading up to that scene...Throughout the whole ep I was like

"It's coming It's coming....Getting close....Getting cloooser....Cloooser"

Then when that scene finally came and Kanade kissed Yukino I literally jumped with excitement I was like "YEEEES! YES! YES! FUCK YES! FINALLY!" Good times XD
Mar 1, 2011 7:15 AM

Feb 2011
the kiss was cute ^^
Mar 1, 2011 7:23 AM

Aug 2010
Ah yes, I watched this a while ago but noticed the topic here. This episode was the best, it made me so happy. The kiss was the greatest. I would love for this to be remade into a full series.
Jun 2, 2011 3:30 AM
Jun 2011
i want some xxx scenes but well...it's ok
Jun 22, 2011 10:54 PM

May 2010
Zensational said:
I don't know why it was called candy boy/quote]

You know? Me neither.
“Money can't buy dere”
Nov 26, 2011 2:39 AM
Nov 2009
elsword said:
i want some xxx scenes but well...it's ok

2nd

mah nigga
May 3, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
This was a beautiful little story.
I really liked their relationship and how it slowly built up from a sisterly bond to a real love. Their interactions and dialogues were well thought out. They well cute as hell :) It was a fun little ride and I enjoyed every bit of it and would like to see some more.

However after all that I still can't give it more than 8/10. While it improved on the original ONA, it was still more of the same, which wouldn't be a bad thing in itself, but I felt that they were like fillers from something they haven't shown us. I would have liked to see much more of their love and hell even maybe a little bit of sex :D
RazielZeroMay 7, 2012 12:31 PM
Aug 19, 2012 12:31 AM

Sep 2008
I thought this was a pretty good anime. Too bad it's so short.
Oct 16, 2012 4:21 PM

Apr 2012
Sadly, this was a waste of my time. Their sisterly relationship overshadowed the romance too much for my liking; guess I'm just not cut out to be an incest-shipper...
Jan 12, 2013 9:59 AM
Jul 2012
Ok episode.
This episode feels all of a sudden for some reason.
That kiss was good.
7/10
Mar 3, 2013 12:27 AM

Jan 2013
Disappointed by the kiss.
Or more so by how they acted.
It's obvious that they haven't made out before.
Which is weird, since they love eachother so much and want to be together forever.
Nothing sexual at all, even though they're both seniors in high school.

I wouldn't be so annoyed by that if they didn't spend the past 7 episodes holding hands and cuddling in bed together. I just wanted the anime to realistically address the possible incest. Or at least have the sisters talk about their feeling on it. Since they want to live together forever and assumingly not find separate partners.

6.5/10
RediceRyanMar 3, 2013 12:32 AM
Mar 20, 2013 5:31 PM
Aug 2012
i really cant see the relationship in this i mean they jst seem like close twins nothing more devlops through out theres no diffrence in relationship with them than from me my bro nd sister act
Mar 30, 2013 4:21 PM

Nov 2011
Mm overall an okay series. I'm not too big fan of the shoujo-ai genre hence my expectations weren't too high. Still, it had that heartwarming feeling and gentleness especially in episode 2 of that night scene.

Lol @ the little kiss in the finale. Kawaii. 6/10.
Jun 8, 2013 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
How sweet :)

7/10
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 24, 2013 12:58 PM

May 2012
Well it wasn't a bad episode, the ending was also very cute, it's just sad they didn't fully show the kiss! A decent show in general up to the last special!
Jul 5, 2013 3:41 AM

May 2013
great ending 9/10
i love shizuku the most, feel sad for her for being neglected T_T

is there going to be a second season or i have to read the manga to see how this end?
Jan 5, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Cute kiss and reaction, more of the same otherwise. Saku managed to get one more big laugh out of me at the end, truly my favorite character on this one.

Overall a sweet shorter series, I like how it blurred the romance aspect with their bond as sisters, their relationship felt more sincere and the way they interacted with each other felt down to earth. It was cute and has really gotten me in the mood for Sakura Trick when it airs later this week. 7/10 and off to watch the bonus episode.
Jun 29, 2014 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
I wish all the episodes were as good as this one! Dat kiss!
Aug 21, 2014 3:43 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty good series.
I really enjoyed the characters and the OST at times.
Only complaint is that I wish the series had more episodes or was longer.

I'll give the series a 7 out of 10.
Sep 28, 2014 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
Why did this never get a full 22-25 min 1-cour adaptation :( I doubt we'll never get to see Saku-chan's side of the story animated but it's really cute.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 1, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
xchee said:
Why did this never get a full 22-25 min 1-cour adaptation :( I doubt we'll never get to see Saku-chan's side of the story animated but it's really cute.

personally, i'd rather see Shi-can's side (a bit more closer, as in ep3-4) - but/and i totally agree with you about the length. :/

erm, i'd like to share my thoughts too.
actually, i was a bit afraid of this twincest shipping. and now i'm pretty much surprised that it's developed very well.
expected some pure fanservice like "ass-and-tits" bait all through the episodes - but this final one drew a smile on my cheeks.
erm... i really liked the kiss scene. they still remained somewhat classy and in this way, the kiss is simply a sensual connecting point to each other, just like hugging or whatever, sleeping together and warming each other's feet, lol. it's on the edge but as they often go to the bathroom together or they can argue because of a single ice-cream... if they're really, really, really close (and they are!) then it may happen, kissing, as an act, is a seal. nothing more, nothing less. so liked it. huh. :)
and now i'm craving for more... :( :D :( :/
quaoar50kOct 21, 2014 8:40 PM
Nov 14, 2014 4:12 AM

Sep 2014
Really enjoyed these series. Pretty short, after all it's 10 episodes together with the extras and they are shorter than normal anime episodes. It's still really good imo. The art is really cool. The story is nice, their love is quite interesting. I kinda wish the series were longer, would like to see more of Kana and Yuki love :3. 7/10 from me.
ImaishiFeb 2, 2015 8:09 AM
Nov 16, 2014 5:17 AM
Jul 2009
Ah I want to see their relationship progress even more! Best couple imo
May 6, 2015 3:57 PM
May 2015
Guys almost 6 years have been passed since the last episode was released and 4 years since of manga.. guys any idea if there will be season 2 ???. The anime and manga both were great yet very underrated. I really like this anime very much, my first yuri series, very cute.

Will definitely give 8.5 stars. The only reason I cut those 1.5 stars because of very short episodes and only 9 were there. Story was great, characters were cute and songs were awesome. Don't count it into incest as they never behave like ones, count them as childhood friends by this u all surely will add another star. And Please guys if u know anything about season 2 plz reply. Thank you
Nov 22, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
A really great and cute ending to a super cute show! :3

I loved it and they finally kissed, although it's weird if they want to be together forever and love each other that they hadn't before.

Seems Yuki doesn't need that job any more since Kana thought she was being selfish.

The kiss was cute but I wish they had shown it closer to.

But a very enjoyable and heart warming show.
Mar 28, 2016 3:09 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
OriginANIME said:
I wish all the episodes were as good as this one! Dat kiss!

Funny thing, I didnt knew they kissed, I had thought she had just removed the cream with her mouth, seeing again and pausing confirms it was really a kiss. Thank god, I was a bit annoyed they didnt kissed...
Such a sweet ending. Really gonna leave some void for something. It was not in that tier of greatness but it was close with all the heartwarming scenes here.

It had some more yurish moments like this one from episode 5:

I was almost nose bleeding there. But for the most part, it was about a more pure and innocent relationship.
Ending was really cute, here are some highlights!
Apr 15, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
Quite pleased with this. Kana and Yuki's relationship was sweet. Shizuku was adorable. Shame its rated a low as it is, even more seeing some of the reasons. Episodes are short and not sexual enough.... really SMH.
BeamyZingerApr 15, 2016 9:16 PM
Sep 5, 2016 5:53 AM

Feb 2013
Great ending with that kiss!
I was annoyed a bit at the start when they weren't talking but it all changed when Shi arrived, Saku helped a bit too.
Nov 4, 2018 6:54 AM

Dec 2017
I was expecting tons of fanservice and stupidity, but this was a breath of fresh air. Still, it was very slow paced and not much happened, but I enjoyed seeing such a sweet relationship. The best part is they were making plans for the future together, so there was no "this is just a high school phase". Saku was a pain the ass, hated her. Not even one bit funny, but I guess they needed it so the anime wasn't so monotonous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2019 1:57 PM

Sep 2018
Eh, cute, but the perv in me wish they did a little more. Still, I enjoyed it. 7/10.
Aug 26, 2019 12:03 AM

Jul 2017
Very good, happy, slow-paced, heartwarming, pure and innocent story :).

Their kiss was so cute and adorable <3
May 23, 2020 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
It seems Yukino got some work after all.. Part-time or something..
Hard period in their life.. Real life problems..
Well, atmosphere got a bit more genki with Shizuku's arrival.. Sisters will still have to do their stuff - study and work.. But I hope that Shizuku won't get in their way.. For now it's really a bit more energetic atmosphere with her.. But will see..
Hm.. Shizuku had a bit heavy talk with Kanade, but in the end Kanade is feeling even more dedicated.. So everything worked out in the end..
And yeah.. Nice that Sakuya is supporting Kanade and Yukino together.. There could be problems with her feelings, but she's alright with situation.. It's good..
In the end.. They kinda kissed, and kinda not really.. ;p

So.. How I feel overall about this series?.. First of all, I wonder, what I really watched in the end, after all.. Relationship between Kanade and Yukino.. They supported each other at times.. Were tender with each other most of the time.. Also some story with Shizuku happened, as well as Sakuya added her parts to the anime.. Dedication.. Getting through some troubles together.. Just loving moments here and there mostly.. I think that this anime gave me a feel of more mature, but more careful love.. Maybe as if they were women in their late twenties, or thirties.. I personally have a feel like that.. In the end, I liked the series.. I think that maybe I wouldn't maybe watch them getting through even more troubles in life more, though.. I think series are perfect as they are, with length chosen nicely.. More or less we got the picture of their relationship.. And it seems that more or less it remains the same.. At least I personally have this feel.. In the end.. I enjoyed anime.. I enjoyed all 4 girls.. But maybe a bit more, and it'd get a bit too close to tiring reality, really.. I'd want some more lovey-dovey stuff, really.. But their relationship is like this.. Which is also nice.. Just maybe a bit too close to reality in some things.. But anyway.. I liked anime a lot.. Only bonus EX02 left.. ;p
Apr 11, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty cute show. Saku was the most interesting character.

SerafosDec 25, 2023 12:19 AM
Jun 26, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2014
That was a quite pleasant watch. Nice, careful story and pretty and likeable characters. I liked it overall. Still, personally I would've enjoyed it more if they had developed their relaionship to evenually include sexual/romantic intimacy as well. It didnt have to be all graphic, but just some sexual chemistry would've been appreciated :'D The kiss in the end was cute, but it felt like very little "proof" that they have something different from just sibling/family platonic love.

7/10
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Sep 3, 2021 7:20 PM

Jul 2019
And that's the end, Shi instead went to Kana and Yuki's yard and just crashed there for the time being.

Sweet kiss at the end too :o

This was a surprisingly good anime, I didn't think it be so simple yet alleviating, I thought it'd be a shitty relationship anime when I first looked at the KV. I was very wrong indeed, to say the least.

8/10.
May 1, 2022 9:51 PM

Jul 2016
Sweet relationship and all that but honestly, I still don't get the point of making them sisters if the show was never gonna address the obvious incest issue.
Oct 6, 2022 3:23 AM
Oct 2022
decent 7/10, must watch if you enjoy yuri-incest
Feb 3, 2023 6:32 PM
Aug 2022
i was simping over their love
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Candy☆Boy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - May 7, 2008

75 by cooldogmom »»
Apr 21, 2023 6:07 PM

Poll: » Candy☆Boy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - Oct 2, 2008

52 by GRAYLIGHTNING »»
Feb 21, 2022 9:26 AM

Poll: » Candy☆Boy Episode 6 Discussion

Kotori - Mar 12, 2009

37 by NextUniverse »»
Sep 3, 2021 6:46 PM

Poll: » Candy☆Boy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TranHere - Jan 11, 2009

50 by NextUniverse »»
Sep 3, 2021 10:15 AM

Poll: » Candy☆Boy Episode 4 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 18, 2008

46 by NextUniverse »»
Sep 2, 2021 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.