Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2008 10:15 PM

Jan 2008
And so, it ends.
This was the BEST episode, for me! XD

10/10 for me. XD

And it leaves us the feeling that something's gonna happen later on.
I have a lot of unanswered questions as well. XD

Awesome ending for an awesome anime! XD
Jan 1, 2009 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
WHOA, this ending gave me the chills!! O_O I mean, not the whole episode, but the ENDING of it!! XD
Jan 2, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2008
I quite liked this anime. Not my favorite ever, but probably the best I've seen overall.

Overall I give the series a 9/10, just because I wish they would have made it longer and explored more of the manga plot. But at the same time I did like the unique way it ended.
Jan 9, 2009 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
i loved this show, and I'm glad the number 35 girl is gone, since she was annoying and a brat
Jan 17, 2009 2:04 PM

Apr 2008
From what I can tell, Lucy died at that bridge,she let herself do so. the horn flying just was a way of showing just that. the bolw had to do with that they didn't want to let go of her memory right away. And about the ending,the clock and the playbox had some supernatural meaning, wich also may have something to do with the shadow of a person(wich most likely supposed to be Lucy's appearance) on the other side of the outer gate. deep ending I suppose,but I liked it. similar ending to most anime. there were questions left out,but it kinda do fill you with the hope of that there, sometime in the future will be a 2nd season of this.
Jan 18, 2009 9:47 AM

Aug 2008
I have absolutely no idea what to make of this episode, it was great but wtf
Jan 19, 2009 10:28 PM

Aug 2008
Incredible, this anime is incrideble.

New ideas, new situation, new to me at last....

Very good

Ending really means NYuu coming back, since :
-Music box stoped (end of the connection with lucy)
-Big ben started (repaired by Nyuu)
-Same shape

Guzen ? nai, desho!

Jan 21, 2009 4:14 PM

Oct 2008
Yep incredible anime. Not a 10/10 imo but a very decent 9/10. I loved the open ending simply because it makes me think more about the show to try and decipher answers from the questions which the ending brought up.

IMO:

Nyuu is the person at the door at the very end of the show. Why else would the music box stop working and the clock start working? The music box first of all basically signifies Kohta's past with Nyuu/Lucy and their personal connection. The clock was what Nyuu wanted to fix throughout the show but couldn't, why is it that it starts working exactly when "someone" randomly shows up on Kohta's doorstep? It isn't all a coincidence.

Nyuu/Lucy is alive and along with Kohta they will all live happily ever after in the Kanae house. The reason they didn't actually show this in the anime itself is because its called ELFEN LIED, its meant to be sad and depressing and a happily after ending would never fit.
--
Well thats my personal take on the ending, it's just something I would like to believe happened lol =).
Mar 9, 2009 3:07 PM

Feb 2009
Manifest said:
Yep incredible anime. Not a 10/10 imo but a very decent 9/10. I loved the open ending simply because it makes me think more about the show to try and decipher answers from the questions which the ending brought up.

IMO:

Nyuu is the person at the door at the very end of the show. Why else would the music box stop working and the clock start working? The music box first of all basically signifies Kohta's past with Nyuu/Lucy and their personal connection. The clock was what Nyuu wanted to fix throughout the show but couldn't, why is it that it starts working exactly when "someone" randomly shows up on Kohta's doorstep? It isn't all a coincidence.

Nyuu/Lucy is alive and along with Kohta they will all live happily ever after in the Kanae house. The reason they didn't actually show this in the anime itself is because its called ELFEN LIED, its meant to be sad and depressing and a happily after ending would never fit.
--
Well thats my personal take on the ending, it's just something I would like to believe happened lol =).

I have to concur, seems convincing that that would be a plausible reason. I thought it was a great series and a great way to end it.

Mar 10, 2009 8:28 PM

Mar 2009
Even though in the end they just leave you hanging there it's actually really good. ha can't beleive I cried xD
I think lucy did live though because if you do remember, the clock started to work. so I think that was a sign that she was back. :D
I don't want a second season to be made though because I think it'd ruin the beauty of the first season. D:
Mar 18, 2009 1:29 AM
Mar 2009
I agree with Manifest. That's what I figured out too.

Additionally, the horns breaking probably signifies that "Lucy" died, and the person who was actually at the doorstep was Nyuu. Like a rebirth of some kind.

Obviously, the chairman (or whatever the old man with the horns' name is) is going to continue with his campaign of populating the world with dicloni and trying to either kill or capture Lucy, if he is able to do either would (probably) never be known.

Also...I didn't really find Nyuu all that cute, rather annoying in fact, though the side of Lucy on this episode was simply charming.

Annoyingly abrupt ending though.

Just my two cents.
Mar 20, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
Awh this was a very good anime, I bawled the last 2 episodes. It was a good ending, so did Lucy come back? Im happy she and Kouta finally kissed, their relationship is too cute. The opening song is beautiful, too bad it was such a short anime.
Blood. Gore. Nudity. Romance. Sounds good to me.
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Apr 8, 2009 12:36 AM

Aug 2008
Rufusruferson said:
I finshed watching Elfen Lied last night, and i think it's the greatest anime ever, if i had this and Blood+ i can live forever off of it, anyway, about the ending...

Because I didn't quite understand it i went to Wiki to take a quick look at various things that they have said. Now it was said on there that when a Diclonii looses both horns they are stuck in a comatose state forever, i higly doubt this though, because it needed citation and in the Manga Lucy looses both her horns and they regrow, or are on the eventual path to regeneration.

The Manga has a much more definite end to the series, I mean I'm not gonna give it away or anything, but, Its defiently more conclusive than the anime is.

Now my interpretation of the clock and the music box, and something that has yet to be discussed from what i could see, Wanta. Now it has been noted that Wanta growls at Lucy in the anime, but it fine around Nyu, and when the silhoutte is at the door, Wanta is very cheerful and wants to see the silhoutte (hes pulling on his leashe) Now, as described earlier, the Music Box is a direct refrence to Lucy, but not to Nyu, when Nyu hears the song, it taps into her Lucy personality (early in the series) so, to me, it maintains that Lilium is only relevent to Lucy, and when it suddenly stops, Wether or not the silhoutte is Lucy or not, i think it removes the sadistic nature of Lucy/Nyu. And finally, the clock getting fixed and working, as noted, Nyu was working on the clock, and even though her first time proved unsuccessful, I think it eludes to her 2nd try being sucessful, but why does it work just at the time a silhoutte comes to the door, that i elude to once again, the recognising of a memorable person of the house coming back.

Now, I'm going to just assume the silhoutte is Lucy/Nyu and I blieve that it is Lucy, not Nyu at the door, but, Like in the anime, Lucy puts back her sadistic side and stops killing ( well for a little while :O ) but because the anime in concised, they couldnt get into that much detail with the plot (eluding to the fact i want a 2nd series but anyway). Everything that related with her sadism, hate towards humans and what not has been alieviated and she can be empathetic with humans and enjoy their company, and live with them and what not (as long as nobody goes crazy as hell on her :P )

But then again, how did she survive the army, and will they ever stop chasing her? Probably not, so, quite possibly she could sacrafice herself for the good of her friends, a throwing up of her vectors certainly wont stop any bullets, unless the soliders were flying -.-; If this is the case i think it has a similar ending to the manga in which Kohta actually meets 2 other people, without giving anything away, you can look up who he meets on Wiki.

So, wether she sarcaficed herself for the good of her friends, after feeling empathetic with the humans and Nana. Or wether she did survive that hellish attack and decided to live with Kohta at the Inn once again, is unknown and up to our interpretation, I think that's what the writers we're trying to do, like the end of every good book or movie, your always left with wanting more, and I blieve that the writers have done a magnificent job on this anime.

P.S I had an idea :O Nana says "I have to get home" as she is walking up the steps to the Inn, and is contrasted with Lucy's final stand, what could that mean - i believe that has some signifigant meaning... so far from off the top of my head, all i can gather about that is Nana has to escape the same fate as Lucy (following if she did sacrafice herself) and be safe. But, I'm sure it goes a lot more deep that that - if you guys have any idea, please share, I'm going to think about it really hard and see what more i can come up with...

Thanks for listening to my suggestions :)

Rufusruferson/Para-Mount~

You have very good points, and I agree, and your actually probably right.
Though I see one more possibility...as I will state below the other quote.

Cero said:
mickal555 said:

Though there are a fair few unanswered questions, what is that horned guy going to do?
DId Lucy die? Looks like it, if so then who's that at the end?

I liked it, but as you said there are a few unanswered questions.
- Who was standing at the gate?
- What is that psycho old man gonna do?
- What are Kouta and the others gonna do now?
- What did taking off Lucy's other horn do? - My personal question
- Why did the OVA suck so much shit (fucking 10.5)
- And where did Nyuu learn to fix a clock? O:<

- What about that renegade SAT guy Lucy didn't kill?

I'm thinking from what the first guy I quoted above said is that, Lucy/Nyuu is still alive. And they left this renegade alive so he can once again come and hunt down Lucy/Nyuu *Leaving a reason for a possible Season 2 to have a battle scene for*

I also would like to think that the music box stopping would signal the "Old" Lucy dieing, and the clock that Nyuu was UNABLE to fix being the "New Lucy". Where maybe Lucy has survived, and will now give up on killing humans *Unless she has to*. Because as someone else stated...if it signal Lucy dieing, wouldn't it have stopped/started at night, when the battle happened? (Maybe the "New" Lucy moved it with her vectors? Or fixed it with her vectors...if she has any left after losing her horns?).

At least that's what I hope for lol. Nyuu was great...but I liked Lucy more *Because she was "all there" in a way*. Just my thoughts.

And +Plus, if those soldiers did kill Lucy, wouldn't see be dead dead? As in swiss cheese, take the body back as proof, bury 6-feet deep? I'm assuming with so many soldiers...and if she's giving up. She wouldn't run away, or they wouldn't just leave the body there.

ImaginAsian said:
Maybe the music box stopping signifies that Lucy is no more, but the clock starting up signifies that Nyuu

has returned?

It's been 5 years...maybe we should all right them and beg them for a season 2?
This series gets a 9/10 from me. Only reason...I WANTED A HAPPY ENDING FOR ONCE (Usually I don't care). And...GREAT ANIME...so it being short SUCKED, because it leaves you wanting more :(.
9/10.

Here's to hoping for Season 2 and a rap up to the cliff hanger!
FateEntityApr 8, 2009 12:40 AM
Apr 9, 2009 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
Cero said:
mickal555 said:

Though there are a fair few unanswered questions, what is that horned guy going to do?

The last episode shares almost nothing with the manga, therefore noone knows who stood at the gate. The old man wants to make a diclonious world if i remember correctly. Kouta is gonna fuck his little harem girls like always. The horn doesnt have anything to do with her ability, its in her brain. OVAs always suck unless they make a fan service OVA like in amaenaideyo! or ikkitousen. No idea on the last question.
All these questions are pretty stupid, the only reason they made it end in a "mess" is because its a very easy way to add mystery to the series. Tragic endings always fool people into thinking it actually had a deep meaning afterall.
Apr 15, 2009 5:48 AM

Apr 2008
You should get a pretty good picture of that it is Nyuu that's at the gates at the end, even though not in a way you would picture it,but I do find it most likely to be here.
How can I describe it, as a ghost maybe?
Apr 18, 2009 1:54 AM

Mar 2009
i loved it 10/10.
i must say i shed a tear when Kurama and his daughter blew up:'(
loved the whole anime it was the perfect length
Apr 18, 2009 9:21 AM
May 2008
Unless there was a second season there is no way to answer any of the anime's unanswered questions since it strays away from the manga storyline. So in other words if you to have all the loose ends answered read the manga (the old man question is answered, what happens to Lucy but not in the way the anime displays it).
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 5, 2009 1:22 AM

Nov 2008
negative1111 said:
Cero said:
mickal555 said:

The last episode shares almost nothing with the manga, therefore noone knows who stood at the gate. The old man wants to make a diclonious world if i remember correctly. Kouta is gonna fuck his little harem girls like always. The horn doesnt have anything to do with her ability, its in her brain. OVAs always suck unless they make a fan service OVA like in amaenaideyo! or ikkitousen. No idea on the last question.
All these questions are pretty stupid, the only reason they made it end in a "mess" is because its a very easy way to add mystery to the series. Tragic endings always fool people into thinking it actually had a deep meaning afterall.

[NecroBump!!] Actually, sorry to disappoint but, these questions aren't stupid at all, they're quite viable in my opinion.
1. The Standing at the Gate Question has be answered by many people, and it truly is up to our own interpretation with what were given (discussed by myself, and many others)
2. That Psycho Old Dude whos name no-one can ever remember, well, im not gonna tell you what happens... but i hope you can read :D
3. Kouta and the others... well as we could see from the final minutes, they will lead normal lives until, perhaps, they meet the person at the gate, which may cause for another plot-twist... and a new series! (One can dream...right?)
4. This is the question I didn't like how Negative1111 answered, because in the manga, it discloses that it does effect her ability - and is thus replicated in the anime, each horn shares half of the Diclonius' power (vectors), and therefore, in Lucy's case, she would lose 2 vectors, and in the final episode, she throws up only 2 vectors... see how that works...
5. Well, while the OVA didn't disclose anything about the end - i doubted it would, for the simple reason that, the end is meant to be a mystery, i think thats one of the things that makes this series so good. Nevertheless, i thought the OVA was a good storyline as we could see what things really made Lucy deranged, and we can feel more sympathetic for her and have a closer understanding to her - which i think the Director and Producer were tyring to mimic from the manga - because if you read it, you really get attached to Lucy, and, i don't know about anyone else but i can relate in multiple ways, and it has excellent character-reader relationships all the way throughout and this feeling that we get just makes the series all that much better - i believe the OVA was meant for this purpose.
6. Nyuu fixing a clock... well i can't comment much about this because i don't know how to fix a clock... but i could imagine it is hard (it took Bart and Milhouse 30 or so years!) though... with the proper guide and tools and Nyuu's rock-hard determination, anything is possible! :)

So yes, that's my thoughts on this matter, and i hope i could spread some light your way, also, don't hate the OVA too much... there are worse... and you just gotta take it for what it is, rather than what you want, and then you'll understand the Director's purpose... and personally, even though i woulda rathered a concluding episode, i thought this was an excellent choice.

May 5, 2009 4:30 PM
May 2009
ImaginAsian said:
Maybe the music box stopping signifies that Lucy is no more, but the clock starting up signifies that Nyuu has returned?

This was exactly what I was thinking.
May 6, 2009 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
10/10, i never thought, I can find such anime, in just 13 episodes, it crushed my mind- that was so awesome and sad indeed. I cryed while watching it, and about ending - it's really PERFECT, creators left you to figure all out by yourself (actually, i could fly if I can see at least 1 more episode :3 ).
In my opinion, behind those doors stands Nyu - the stoped music box represents death of Lucy, and clock represents nyu - the new ticking of life (CLOCK IS ALIVE AGAIN, YAY).
I think Lucy launched vectors to kill attackers right after shooting, this way she killed herself - and gave life to Nyu.
Why i'm thinking about this kind of ending? - I think, Lucy wanted to stop the deaths and end her "salty" life, full of tears and darkness. She wanted to reborn as Nyu - with no memory, no past - begin new life. That's my opinion, I'm even now hardly stop tears, when i remember Lucy... I even can't imagine, i think, NO ANIME can be better than this.
Anime, which made my heart explode... - TMiracle
TMiracleMay 9, 2009 3:51 AM
May 18, 2009 11:08 PM
Apr 2009
My favorite anime of all time. I'd write my opinion of the symbolism that's shown throughout the story but I don't have time right now. Such a beautiful story.
May 23, 2009 11:56 AM
May 2009
Cero said:
mickal555 said:

1]- Who was standing at the gate?
2]- What did taking off Lucy's other horn do? - My personal question
3]- And where did Nyuu learn to fix a clock? O:<

Answer:
1]- Lucy.
2]- She Doesn't Have Any Vectors. At Start She Had 4, 1 Horn Off, 2 Vectors Off. You Can See Just 2 Vectors When SWAT Is Shooting At Her.
3]- It Wasn't Nyuu, It Was Lucy.

And About Other , Read This:

The makers of Elfen Lied have kind of left the decision up to the viewers. It seemed as if she died, but there at the end, theydo leave you with the assumption that she may not be dead.

This question can't really be answered with anything but an opinion.

Note: The fact the clock is fixed (which Lucy often tinkered with in her child-like personality) lends to the belief that Lucy is alive. Her gentle personality lacked the know-how to fix the clock. It would have been fixed only with her adult persona's assistance. Was Lucy noticed when leaving after fixing the clock?

To add to this answer the shilohette on the door is very similar to Lucy's body shape, and in the manga she lived even after having both her horns blown off.Over time they both re-grew.

However in the manga Lucy's horns are blown off while fighting with Mariko, and in the anime she looses one to Mariko and the other to the remaining SAT force's barrage forcing the question "Did she survive?" to be of great interest to viewers. Also to add to the evidence supporting the question, with only one horn left Lucy attacks with two Vectors (as is seen at the close to the 13th episode) instead of the four we see her bear in earlier episodes. Possibly meaning that the loss of her horns takes her vectors as well. So when she looses her second she would fall to the SAT force's barrage and be killed.

So to end this the answer is really just for you to decide.

That is a good answer because it is up to you and i believe she is still alive, but i do want to comment on the losing of her horns is the losing of her vectors, and that is not true. Lucy, and other dicloniuses have horns because that's the marking of their species and the vectors are the power, the vectors don't get their powers from the horns.
May 24, 2009 7:25 PM
May 2009
I for one actually think that Lucy/Nyu survived. I could be wrong! it could be her child! It could be an alien! I just think she survived! that's all! I could be wrong!
Jun 6, 2009 9:39 AM

Mar 2009
Some what hazy end to an amazing anime. Definatly a 10.

Jun 9, 2009 4:33 AM

Nov 2008
jacoby5ert said:
I for one actually think that Lucy/Nyu survived. I could be wrong! it could be her child! It could be an alien! I just think she survived! that's all! I could be wrong!

Well, it defiently can't be her child, because if you recall, diclonii don't actually have children, they impregnate via altering the male DNA so that their gametes produce a diclonius daughter instead of a human daughter when the mother gives birth to the child.

Jun 23, 2009 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
Loved the conclusion to this anime. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant to view the show at first, the gore and excessive nudity really threw me off, but I must say that Elfen Lied really lives up to the hype!

I'm glad that there are some unanswered questions at the ending. It gives the opportunity for the viewer to make up their own ending which I think is really cool.

Great story, perfect characters, amazing music 9/10

Jun 23, 2009 11:04 AM
Aug 2008
Hehe, I really loved this anime. So damn great!!! Did watch all 13eps today.
I have a question, is there going to be any "Season 2" or episode 14? or something like that? And, did Lucy/nyuu really die?
Jul 10, 2009 12:59 PM

Sep 2007
Masterpiece. There's a reason why this is my 2nd favorite anime (and my 3rd time watching). I love the symbolism in this anime.

Pirorix said:
I have a question, is there going to be any "Season 2" or episode 14? or something like that?
The manga was still being published, when the anime finished airing, hence the cliff-hanger conclusion, although I do like it better this way. :) Well, time for me to read the manga now. ^^

Jul 18, 2009 10:13 PM

Jun 2009
TMiracle said:
10/10, i never thought, I can find such anime, in just 13 episodes, it crushed my mind- that was so awesome and sad indeed. I cryed while watching it, and about ending - it's really PERFECT, creators left you to figure all out by yourself (actually, i could fly if I can see at least 1 more episode :3 ).
In my opinion, behind those doors stands Nyu - the stoped music box represents death of Lucy, and clock represents nyu - the new ticking of life (CLOCK IS ALIVE AGAIN, YAY).
I think Lucy launched vectors to kill attackers right after shooting, this way she killed herself - and gave life to Nyu.
Why i'm thinking about this kind of ending? - I think, Lucy wanted to stop the deaths and end her "salty" life, full of tears and darkness. She wanted to reborn as Nyu - with no memory, no past - begin new life. That's my opinion, I'm even now hardly stop tears, when i remember Lucy... I even can't imagine, i think, NO ANIME can be better than this.
Anime, which made my heart explode... - TMiracle

I don't know if Lucy could be so complacent with herself. She may have killed a lot of innocent people, but she doesn't regret it, however, she realizes that her existence threatens Kouta's, so she may (or not) have tried to kill herself in order to allow Kouta to live. Anyway, since the ending leaves space for a lot of interpretations, no one can be totally accurate about her intentions.
Jul 18, 2009 10:29 PM

Jul 2009
This is my favorite anime and the ending was great. For all the people asking about a second season, from what ive heard that the anime follows the manga really closely eps 1-11 then since the manga was still being published at the time episodes 12 and 13 strayed away from the manga to give the anime an original conclusion, since they ended it that way i wouldn't think they would add another season to it. and if they ever do i hope they dont fuck it up lol
Jul 19, 2009 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
terryaki said:
This is my favorite anime and the ending was great. For all the people asking about a second season, from what ive heard that the anime follows the manga really closely eps 1-11 then since the manga was still being published at the time episodes 12 and 13 strayed away from the manga to give the anime an original conclusion, since they ended it that way i wouldn't think they would add another season to it. and if they ever do i hope they dont fuck it up lol

Elfen Lied was a great anime, and yeah, I agree with you, the way they ended it doesn't allow much space for a second season. However, I think it's best this way, those 13 episodes were enough to make the series one of the best in the history of animation.
Jul 21, 2009 3:42 AM

Feb 2008
I don't like this kind of anime series so it looks so damn overrated to me. 7/10... or even more like 6/10.
Jul 24, 2009 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
izmaelis said:
I don't like this kind of anime series so it looks so damn overrated to me. 7/10... or even more like 6/10.

Its one of the most overrated animes ever. It just made me sad. The romance aspect was okay but it ended in a typical harem anime way.
Jul 24, 2009 2:08 PM

Jun 2008
I cried when Kurama and his daughter blew up.
Jul 26, 2009 1:56 AM

Jul 2009
I believe the person at the end is nyu, mainly because if it was lucy than nana would of sensed her coming, no?

also it has to be nyu otherwise the music box/clock symbolism kind of doesn't fit if its anyone else.
Jul 31, 2009 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
i read the manga first so i can say that this show sucked, cuz it explains nothing. Here are some differences:

1. Lucy is not supposed to die by the attack squad, she is supposed to die by someone else (dont wanna completely ruin it for the manga readers)
2. Lucy loses her memory for about a year (i think), in that time Nyuu learns english among other things (i dont think thats in the show)
3. The psycho old man actually does have a plan (and a daughter too)
4. The manga also explains why the whole thing is call "Elfen Lied"
5. The show doesn't explain Lucy's origins (like were she came from, why does she have horns?, and what is lucy's true potential)
6. A cure to the disease contracted from diclonius' invisible arms

There area alot more but id be killin the story for the manga readers (ive done enough damage)

i was very pissed at this show for not truly portraying one of my favorite mangas into the pure greatness that this show could and should be.
Aug 4, 2009 8:21 PM

Jan 2009
i loved it! but i hated the ending and it left me wanting more. but man lucey is SO much cooler than nyu i hated nyu she never shut up. it bugged me so much!

(oh btw the manga ending also sucked imho)
Aug 5, 2009 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
BlackTruth said:
i read the manga first so i can say that this show sucked, cuz it explains nothing. Here are some differences:

1. Lucy is not supposed to die by the attack squad, she is supposed to die by someone else (dont wanna completely ruin it for the manga readers)
2. Lucy loses her memory for about a year (i think), in that time Nyuu learns english among other things (i dont think thats in the show)
3. The psycho old man actually does have a plan (and a daughter too)
4. The manga also explains why the whole thing is call "Elfen Lied"
5. The show doesn't explain Lucy's origins (like were she came from, why does she have horns?, and what is lucy's true potential)
6. A cure to the disease contracted from diclonius' invisible arms

There area alot more but id be killin the story for the manga readers (ive done enough damage)

i was very pissed at this show for not truly portraying one of my favorite mangas into the pure greatness that this show could and should be.

But you have to consider the small number of episodes that they had to work with. Sure, a lot of things from the manga may be missing, but it is an adaptation, so you cannot expect everything to be the same.
Aug 13, 2009 4:09 PM
Apr 2008
Cero said:
mickal555 said:

-The clock fixing and Wanta being really excited shows directions that Lucy didn't die. In fact she has "shed her horns" which enables her to lead a normal life pretty much.
-Sex more than likely.
-Live a normal life. Or a life as normal as possible.
-Read my first answer. It also adds to the ending. If she had horns you'd see it in her shadow. WIthout horns it adds to the "it could be anyone" but points more towards Lucy coming back.
-Didn't watch but it's not a conclusion.
-Nyuu lol.
ImLoopeeAug 14, 2009 7:16 AM
Aug 16, 2009 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
A masterpiece! *****
Aug 17, 2009 4:28 PM

Aug 2009
The ending wasn't that good as I hoped. I don't know why people find this the best series final ever, I still want to know who was at the door.

How can Lucy die and Nyu be alive?

Damn OVA had to tell us uninteresting crap about episode 10.5.
Aug 26, 2009 9:02 AM
May 2009
Great anime! got realy touched by it. And really supriced too, when i watched first episode i really didnt think it would turn to such emotional anime. would give it 12 of 10 of it worked :P
I also finished the manga and have to say it was better than the anime, better ending, and alot better story.
I would really like them to redo the anime 1 more season but go after the manga. And now if they would be short of money, just continue where the manga and anime splits.

So is there any1 who know a site where u can vote/beg for more Elfen lied? i though i saw it a few days ago, 2 links where u could propose ideas etc?

Lucy !!! <3<3<3 love her so much
Aug 30, 2009 9:37 PM

Jul 2009
this is probably off topic but is there any ova that actually completes a series?
Aug 31, 2009 6:01 PM

Aug 2009
mrjiggles said:
this is probably off topic but is there any ova that actually completes a series?

No. The Ova is the last episode.

There is a manga for this though and I heard it had a different ending.
Sep 11, 2009 11:05 PM

Aug 2009
This anime was so great it's one of the best I have ever seen!
I had to fight back tears on the last episode

AHHHH! the ending! Who was at the door!!!!
Is lucy alive? I hope so.
Sep 14, 2009 1:18 PM

Jul 2009
I'm not a fan of the anime ending to Elfen Lied. There were too many loose ends that were practically all tied up in the manga. I enjoyed the series as a whole, but I just can't rate it above average due to inconsistencies and plot holes, the concept is fantastic though and some of the artwork was brilliant (Mainly background pieces, the stairway for example, and the shrines surrounded by statues).
Sep 17, 2009 12:55 PM

Mar 2009
Really top notch anime, in my opinion. Despite all the blood and flying limbs, it was contrasted by some comedic and romantic elements. It kinda reminds me of a Shakespeare play, for some reason.

As for the ending, I'm not quite sure how to take it. I guess I can understand the clock working again, and Wanta wanting to see whoever is at the door, but I can't quite understand the music box stopping.

This just occurred to me (just random speculation); but when the clock starts to work again, and the music stops, it signifies the rebirth of Nyuu and the death of Lucy. Since the music box is related to Lucy when Kouta and Lucy met, it stopping could mean that Lucy is gone, but the fact the clock started working could mean that Nyuu is still there, or was reborn. or whatever. Just a thought. :)
Sep 17, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
DarkIceXIII said:
Really top notch anime, in my opinion. Despite all the blood and flying limbs, it was contrasted by some comedic and romantic elements. It kinda reminds me of a Shakespeare play, for some reason.

As for the ending, I'm not quite sure how to take it. I guess I can understand the clock working again, and Wanta wanting to see whoever is at the door, but I can't quite understand the music box stopping.

This just occurred to me (just random speculation); but when the clock starts to work again, and the music stops, it signifies the rebirth of Nyuu and the death of Lucy. Since the music box is related to Lucy when Kouta and Lucy met, it stopping could mean that Lucy is gone, but the fact the clock started working could mean that Nyuu is still there, or was reborn. or whatever. Just a thought. :)

In the manga, it is said when the horns are destroyed, the Diclonius goes into a coma. So thats pretty much whats happened, Nyuu returned and Lucy is sleeping.
Sep 17, 2009 2:00 PM

Mar 2009
Psychodrake said:
DarkIceXIII said:

In the manga, it is said when the horns are destroyed, the Diclonius goes into a coma. So thats pretty much whats happened, Nyuu returned and Lucy is sleeping.

Ahhh, okay, that makes sense.
I should pick up the manga sometime!
Sep 17, 2009 2:18 PM

Aug 2009
Elfen Lied was amazing. I wish there was another season. The end was quite mysterious.
Damn I wanna see more of Lucy...
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.