Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Apr 1, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2013
wdlkmpx said:
This is one of most retarded shows I've ever seen.

It combines stupid harem-ecchi-moe elements with horror. In the end the plot was left completely aside. Harem lovers rejoice.

I don't understand how this atrocity is so popular.

When I think of horror animes, this is one of the worst I can think of.

Get over yourself
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 11, 2015 12:22 AM
Jul 2013
Meisian said:
Jym said:
The real, final, happy ending to Elfen Lied!

A lot of confusion about the conclusion of Elfen Lied has been expressed in this forum. I will clear up the confusion. Please note that the Anime is different from the manga! The anime is meant to stand alone and conclude without a second season. The basic point of this story is about the importance of Family, compassion, love and forgiveness.

Yuka and Kouta are the Mother and Father of the group and Mayu, Nana, and Lucy/Nyu are the children. The children have never been in a loving family group before.

Lucy didn’t die! That was her silhouetted at the entrance returning to her new family. She was saved by Kouta’s forgiveness and love. She had returned after destroying all the people who wanted to hunt her and Nana down and kill them. This was the only thing she could do to save her new family who would never be safe otherwise.

What about Kouta and Lucy? Don’t they love each other? Yes, but as a Father loves his Daughter! There would always be the underlying issue of Lucy killing Kouta’s father and sister to make sexual love possible. Lucy knows this and is happy to be forgiven, accepted and loved as a family member.

Here are a few more observations and speculations.

Kouta and Yuka will get married. 1st cousins get married all the time. It is legal in the USA, Japan and most other countries, IT IS NOT INCEST.

The clock suddenly working symbolizes Lucy has fixed herself by merging the Nyu part of herself and is no longer a murdering mutant.

Lucys horns. They were what prevented her from blending into society and being accepted. When they were shot off it would allow her to appear normal.

There you have it, Happy Ending!!!! Feel free to comment yea or nay.

I agree with most of what you speculated. I was thinking the same thing, except for the part where Kouta and Yuta ends up getting married.

I think what Kouta with Lucy had was more than just a strong friendship/father-daughter relationship. If I remember correctly, Kouta did mention to Lucy that he liked her.

Even though Yuka's character had a motherly, house wife kind of role, there just isn't enough evidence to convince me that she's the one Kouta marries

But then I could be being biased since I'm a bigger fan of Lucy than Yuka.

B****** please why not harem route? harem route is life
Apr 11, 2015 12:28 AM

Feb 2015
kramXD said:

I agree. They already fucked the story with this ending, so why not go all the way?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Apr 15, 2015 11:43 PM
Feb 2015
I was hoping that Lucy would kill Kouta as the final obstacle for her to destroy humanity :(
I'm also very sad that Yuka didn't die, i really hated her character.
I hated the ending T-T
May 2, 2015 2:17 AM

Sep 2014
That was awesome. Wanta <333
May 3, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2015
I was actually wondering if they gonna pull a Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood style reboot that goes with the manga. I think this Elfen Lied is good at the beginning but it pretty much went downhill in the middle towards the end.

May 4, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
kramXD said:
Meisian said:

I agree with most of what you speculated. I was thinking the same thing, except for the part where Kouta and Yuta ends up getting married.

I think what Kouta with Lucy had was more than just a strong friendship/father-daughter relationship. If I remember correctly, Kouta did mention to Lucy that he liked her.

Even though Yuka's character had a motherly, house wife kind of role, there just isn't enough evidence to convince me that she's the one Kouta marries

But then I could be being biased since I'm a bigger fan of Lucy than Yuka.

Really felt a bit depressed after watching in one sitting the whole series... The final left an uneasiness on my heart which really bothers me. These comments cured that stuff a bit.
I believe it's most likely a harem ending by the way it was presented. I love to believe that Lucy is alive and living with Kouta. Because otherwise, those guys will search for Nana and Kouta, and Lucy letting herself be killed will put them in danger.

What's the most probable reason the show ended like that:
The studio was expecting to make a second season. The director saying that it's only the beginning; that woman stuffing Kouta's picture in her pocket; kinda really say that they wanted to continue this. Lucy appearing at the door, but not really being revealed was a way for the authors to excite viewers and make them wait painfully.

Overall the anime was nice. However, I was waiting the whole show for a Kouta&Lucy moment and I didn't get it. The scene from the final episode doesn't cover that , because Lucy is implying that it's all over for them and that sh*t makes me feel uneasy and sad.

A lot of people say that sad endings are the most memorable, but I disagree. With a song like "Baby, I wanna be your girl" as the ending credits this show ought to have had a closed happy ending with more romantic moments with Lucy. All I saw was Kouta constantly searching the city for someone...
May 5, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2013
Not as enjoyable as Akame ga Kill, meh.
May 17, 2015 12:45 AM
Jul 2014
The studio wasn't actually expecting to make a second season because the anime didn't have very good ratings in Japan. There was an original ending to wrap up the plot, but the director thought it felt rushed, so he tried to focus on emotional closure between Kouta and Lucy instead. You can actually read the script for the original ending on the EL wikia, since it was released a few years ago on the director's Japanese twitter. The ending we got is left somewhat ambiguous. Kakuzawa needed Lucy's body or at least her head to complete the mutagen he was working on to cause a massive outbreak of mutant births. Lucy knew of this plan, which is why she told Kouta that humans could be wiped out in a few years if she actually had wanted that result. However, unlike the manga, Kakuzawa's assistant Arakawa did NOT help Kakuzawa find Kouta and it is insinuated she isn't loyal to him by hiding that photo. Whether or not she ratted out his plan and got him whacked by the Japanese government is left to viewer interpretation. Lucy wished to be reborn and "start over again" because she had become rather twisted by all the hate and anger that had built up inside her over years of misery, and Nyuu allowed that rebirth. The clock loved by Nyuu started working and the music box beloved by Lucy stopped, showing the passing of Lucy and her rebirth as Nyuu, who will soon become more like Lucy, only freed from the rage and hatred that polluted her. The director of the anime was REALLY pro Lucy X Kouta because he felt it told a better love story. The author of the manga was entirely Kouta X Yuka and never considered Kouta X Lucy to be a romantic couple. This was one of many causes of tension between director Mamoru Kanbe and manga author Lynn Okamoto (who is a man btw).
Jun 12, 2015 2:36 PM

May 2014
The ending was ambiguous and aside the last 2 episodes the events were rather silent (having like only 2 songs per episode). Even so I liked it.

It was very exciting to follow the story and find more and more info about the Elfen Lied world, about the characters, about their past and the motives behind their actions. I also liked that this show wasn't afraid to show disturbing events in order to involve us emotionally in the story and to make us understand better the characters. The gore was also a good point (after all injuries are not made only by scratches and punches). All those things did a great job compensating for the lack of OST.

What I didn't like about this anime was the art style. Also some of the characters were so despicable or so dumb that I wouldn't mind seeing them dead.

Something I found interesting is that the anime reminded me of Half-Life 2, for some reason. Maybe because of the lack of soundtrack. Or because of the gore. Anyways, after I finished Elfen Lied I had a similar feeling of fulfillment with the feeling I had after finishing the game, which was great :D

Overall, I really enjoyed this anime. Maybe I'll start reading the manga one day.
Jun 25, 2015 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Well... I guess objectively it was a good show, but it was just not my genre. Or that kind of characters I enjoy in general. 4/10
Jun 30, 2015 12:41 AM

Apr 2015
Lucy or Nyuu? I'm not sure... Maybe dead? No... I don't know anymore...

But I like this anime, especially that opening... I won't forget that opening!

I enjoyed watching it, even if it's just 13 episodes long.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 7, 2015 7:16 AM

May 2015
Vahriel said:
I finshed watching Elfen Lied last night, and i think it's the greatest anime ever, if i had this and Blood+ i can live forever off of it, anyway, about the ending...

Because I didn't quite understand it i went to Wiki to take a quick look at various things that they have said. Now it was said on there that when a Diclonii looses both horns they are stuck in a comatose state forever, i higly doubt this though, because it needed citation and in the Manga Lucy looses both her horns and they regrow, or are on the eventual path to regeneration.

The Manga has a much more definite end to the series, I mean I'm not gonna give it away or anything, but, Its defiently more conclusive than the anime is.

Now my interpretation of the clock and the music box, and something that has yet to be discussed from what i could see, Wanta. Now it has been noted that Wanta growls at Lucy in the anime, but it fine around Nyu, and when the silhoutte is at the door, Wanta is very cheerful and wants to see the silhoutte (hes pulling on his leashe) Now, as described earlier, the Music Box is a direct refrence to Lucy, but not to Nyu, when Nyu hears the song, it taps into her Lucy personality (early in the series) so, to me, it maintains that Lilium is only relevent to Lucy, and when it suddenly stops, Wether or not the silhoutte is Lucy or not, i think it removes the sadistic nature of Lucy/Nyu. And finally, the clock getting fixed and working, as noted, Nyu was working on the clock, and even though her first time proved unsuccessful, I think it eludes to her 2nd try being sucessful, but why does it work just at the time a silhoutte comes to the door, that i elude to once again, the recognising of a memorable person of the house coming back.

Now, I'm going to just assume the silhoutte is Lucy/Nyu and I blieve that it is Lucy, not Nyu at the door, but, Like in the anime, Lucy puts back her sadistic side and stops killing ( well for a little while :O ) but because the anime in concised, they couldnt get into that much detail with the plot (eluding to the fact i want a 2nd series but anyway). Everything that related with her sadism, hate towards humans and what not has been alieviated and she can be empathetic with humans and enjoy their company, and live with them and what not (as long as nobody goes crazy as hell on her :P )

But then again, how did she survive the army, and will they ever stop chasing her? Probably not, so, quite possibly she could sacrafice herself for the good of her friends, a throwing up of her vectors certainly wont stop any bullets, unless the soliders were flying -.-; If this is the case i think it has a similar ending to the manga in which Kohta actually meets 2 other people, without giving anything away, you can look up who he meets on Wiki.

So, wether she sarcaficed herself for the good of her friends, after feeling empathetic with the humans and Nana. Or wether she did survive that hellish attack and decided to live with Kohta at the Inn once again, is unknown and up to our interpretation, I think that's what the writers we're trying to do, like the end of every good book or movie, your always left with wanting more, and I blieve that the writers have done a magnificent job on this anime.

P.S I had an idea :O Nana says "I have to get home" as she is walking up the steps to the Inn, and is contrasted with Lucy's final stand, what could that mean - i believe that has some signifigant meaning... so far from off the top of my head, all i can gather about that is Nana has to escape the same fate as Lucy (following if she did sacrafice herself) and be safe. But, I'm sure it goes a lot more deep that that - if you guys have any idea, please share, I'm going to think about it really hard and see what more i can come up with...

Thanks for listening to my suggestions :)

Rufusruferson/Para-Mount~

I loved this post but it's too bad you don't seem to have taken into account the thing about the Director, revealing himself to be a Diclonius as well.

I originally intended to write a really deliberate post concluding the entire series, but now in light of those interpretations I think I'll refrain. Other than that, it is a pretty great anime. Perhaps not the best in history, but certainly very worthwhile.
Jul 27, 2015 9:40 PM
Jan 2015
Hey'all,
I need someone who wants to talk with me bout the ending.
I'm flashed giv me sum advise I need it!!!! It would be nice to talk about the ending :)
Aug 7, 2015 5:37 PM

Jun 2015
I just finished this anime, and all I've got to say is:

MMiyamotoAug 7, 2015 5:47 PM
Aug 29, 2015 7:20 PM
Feb 2015
Semi happy ending? I'm glad nana is alive but Lucy I don't know... I feel like she died but that ending showed us that she might still be alive. Well anyway it was a great anime!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 3, 2015 9:08 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The Ending was just ... sad. All of this emotion ... I hope in a return. I want to read the manga and hope lucy will be there and ... have her love story. just this unconditional love ....

Nov 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Mar 2012
Damn this has been one hell of a feels train....finally finished it.

As to the ending ...well it really is open to interpretation ...it was left like that cause it left it ambiguous enough so that the audience would be the one to how to see the ending ...it was done in a way that a lot of the scenario's people interpret could fit without compromising the other.

I also know of the ending..and the one common element that is present in both of them despite not being the same...is it was a little left open of what Lucy's fate would be.... both of them showed them she would die...and yet..there was hope she might comeback in some form or another.

So in the end it really is up to each individual to see how events ended up.

I like it.....the animation was the real downer ..i know it has been more than a decade since it aired...but there were other better animated series that came out that year..so the animation could have been better.

The soundtrack while lacking...is powerful ..particularly the opening intro..man that does realy really fits with this tone of the series...nearly in every situation you hear some type of version of it and it scares you how it well it fits in each one.

A very emotional impact full driven show...i can see why it is very popular....9/10 in the end. it was a fun(depressing) show.
Nov 26, 2015 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
This was very Beautiful, very beautiful indeed. I really wanna know what happened exactly. I'm glad that Nana didn't die. Oh the feels. This is sad and beautiful and I cried.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 19, 2016 8:03 PM

Feb 2014
Not a terrible ending. It was certainly very emotional :'(

While I don't exactly enjoy watching people die, I was satisfied with how Kurama ended up. He was finally able to rid himself of the guilt of killing others' daughters yet not his own, and he doesn't have to deal with the guilt of killing his daughter after all. Kind of a bad deal for his daughter though.

I feel kinda empty though. Why did Lucy not kill the macho guy (Blanking on the name, but the guy who had to have surgery) even when she didn't snap back into Nyu mode? And what even happened to him at the end? Why did Lucy almost die after having her horn broken off then regain consciousness so quickly? What's going to happen to all the other diclonius that are born or will be born? Overall I feel like a lot of issues were only partially resolved.

So this wasn't a bad anime, but it wasn't really outstanding. I really enjoyed the setting and ost, and (most of) the characters weren't bad (Yuka was annoying for a lot of the show). For the most part, I enjoyed it, but it didn't really ever WOW! me. Also, at times it was really disturbing or hard to watch. Also I felt like there were a lot of flaws, such as puerile getting seriously injured and then 5 seconds later having all the pain gone and the blood washed away. Yet despite these flaws, I still liked it. 7/10 from me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
This was the only good episode in the whole series .
Feb 10, 2016 4:17 PM

Jul 2014
Whew, finally done.

This show was shitty. The violence was ridiculous rather than scary, the story was boring and the characters were retarded.

2/5 for the episode, bouncing between a 2/10 or 3/10 rating for the show, but I'll rate it 3/10 for now.
Mar 7, 2016 9:19 AM
Oct 2012
Wow, one of the best anime series endings I saw and definetly one of the most emotionally intense, only the final episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion and Wolf's Rain packed that much emotional punch.
I found myself becoming tense begining with 35 discovering her father, but at Lucy's final confession to Kouta I couldn't stop crying.

The show was filled with flaws, but when it makes you emotional for two sociopaths who you previously seen slaughtering and torturing people, there is something to it.
Apr 17, 2016 12:49 AM

Mar 2015
never thought that i would see a show even more overrated than sao or nge...like wtf did i just watch. I think the person who wrote this story based nyu character on his own persona
This was just plain garbage...not even debatable
Apr 24, 2016 11:25 PM

Jan 2016
Definitely an interesting plot but good golly, but I think there was more crying than Clannad to the point it's a bit excessive. Also, there's still a lot of questions unanswered, especially for the guy with the sunglasses and the director.

There are cases where the plot flows too conveniently. For example, when lucy attacked Mayu and gave a huge clean X marked scratch on her back because Lucy was "hungry and irritated", any normal person would have been suspicious. Even if the person were to attack, someone who is irritated is not likely to make double knife cuts to the back. But the boy just shrugged it off like it's no big deal. It's true that he is somewhat naive, but it's too unrealistic. He just had to remember everything at the end conveniently.

I don't understand why the SAT would continue to try shooting when it clearly doesn't work. Basically, they're asking themselves to die. Should have at least tried different weapons or methods. Rate this 6/10
Apr 26, 2016 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Just... a perfect ending to an unfairly judged, beautiful show. I'm so glad I watched this and formed my own opinion on it, as it is now safely in my top 20 favorite anime, if not top 10.
Yes, there are unanswered questions, and yes, some of the scenes and characters were executed poorly (although some scenes were directed better than some anime released today), but for what the show is, the amount of thrills and excitement I got, and from how much it has touched me emotionally, I honestly couldn't give a damn about such small things that don't truly make an impact on what the anime wanted to show.

then said:
Though there are a fair few unanswered questions, what is that horned guy going to do?
DId Lucy die? Looks like it, if so then who's that at the end?

The horned guy I dunno the answer to, but I think that the ending strongly implies that Lucy didn't die and that it was her at the end (the clock starting to work along with the Lilium music symbolizes this).

D-ohnuts said:
Whew, finally done.

This show was shitty. The violence was ridiculous rather than scary, the story was boring and the characters were retarded.

2/5 for the episode, bouncing between a 2/10 or 3/10 rating for the show, but I'll rate it 3/10 for now.

Your post is here, so I'll respond to it (sorry for being such a bother): why the hell would you give the show a 2/10 or a 3/10... if you literally rated every damn episode a 2/5 (aka a 4/10)? I just don't see the logic to this.
Meh, number ratings are dumb either way.

Orionite_ said:
That was awesome. Wanta <333

Holy shit, how could I have forgotten to mention this?!
Wanta didn't die!! XD Rejoice!
removed-userApr 26, 2016 6:15 PM
Apr 26, 2016 7:35 PM

Jul 2014
HikariJake said:
Your post is here, so I'll respond to it (sorry for being such a bother): why the hell would you give the show a 2/10 or a 3/10... if you literally rated every damn episode a 2/5 (aka a 4/10)? I just don't see the logic to this.
Meh, number ratings are dumb either way.

I rate shows like this: 1/5 is the equivalent of 1-2 out of 10, 2/5 is the equivalent of 3-4 out of 10, etc. In this case, I was rating the episodes a 'low' 2/5. I rated episode 1 a 1/5 anyway, and if I rated shows the way you suggested, then every odd-numbered numerical rating would go unused.

For me, a rating of 4/10 means that it doesn't have really anything going for it, but the negatives don't affect the show enough to make it any worse than inoffensively boring. Harmless fluff, basically. Or, in some cases, I rate it like that because of its flaws, but it's not bad enough for me to look at it with much disdain.

I judge shows based on the quality of the content as a whole, rather than on the quality of its individual episodes, and I rate shows lower if they have pervasive problems throughout that make the show annoying to watch, rather than boring. For instance, I rated most Nisekoi episodes 2/5, but I rated the show 3/10 because the unlikability of the characters was, in my opinion, a pervasive problem. In the case of Elfen Lied, I rated it 3/10 because I felt the show overused shock value and characters being retarded, and those were its pervasive problems.

And sometimes, I just have different opinions when it comes to the value of certain shows as I'm watching, and after I finish watching. That's why I rated Attack on Titan 7/10 upon finishing it, and later changed my rating to 6/10. Opinions change.
D-ohnutsApr 26, 2016 7:39 PM
Jun 7, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2015
Can't say I liked the ending. Too much unnecessary drama, and I'm not 100% sure what exactly happened at the end.

The beginning of this anime was rather good, but it went downhill in the middle. If I had found the ending as good as the beginning, I would've rated it highter. I thought I'd give it a 5, but I'll give it a 6 since there were some memorable scenes.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jun 7, 2016 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
So glad Nana made it. I'd like a better wrap-up though so I think I'll read the manga sometime.
Jul 27, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
I am sooooo disappointed...i was expecting way more from this anime.
Aug 5, 2016 2:37 AM

Dec 2015
The ending was great, but i hope Lucy didn't died.
Aug 5, 2016 7:14 AM
Meh

Apr 2016
I'm so glad i found this anime, it was truly a masterpiece (atleast for me).

10/10

Aug 6, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2016
Great series Although the open end...
EG99
Oct 3, 2016 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
Damn that ending...
Poor Nana loosing her dad, also feeling sad for Mariko, in the end she just wanted to see her real parents, at least she met her father.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Oct 15, 2016 8:42 PM
Oct 2016
All the unanswered questions might finally be concluded! Because there is a petition for season 2 and it's got over 32000 people supporting it!!!!!!!!!
Oct 24, 2016 12:50 AM
Oct 2016
Just burned through this whole show in one sitting. Enjoyed it immensely. I get that the open ended endings bum some people out, but come on.. It's obviously Lucy/Nyu on the other side of that door. Who the hell else could it even be. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure every female character in the show that wasn't already in the house died at some point throughout the show, and that one scientist gal is held hostage in that facility. Do you think they'd really end the show like "Oh no sorry I was just the UPS lady, sorry for the confusion"

It's obviously quite popular, but I find it awesome that I decided to give it a try after noticing it was a recommendation for those that liked Afro Samurai, and also for various ecchi/harem anime. Good Job MAL.
Dec 13, 2016 7:15 AM

Jun 2016
Beautiful anime and there's uncertainty in the ending but having Kohta and Lucy talk to each other, that part was great.
Feb 9, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2016
Well the ending was kinda strange but as I saw I think Lucy survived and killed all the organization, I felt so sad for Kurama and 35 poor girl I don't even know her name, All of the girls had a really sad past.
Mar 17, 2017 4:04 PM
Jun 2016
Ending was kind of strange, didn't quite understand it. Was the figure in the end Lucy's last vestiges of fixing something before vanishing? I can't even tell whether Lucy survived or not.

Overall 6/10, I think the story bounced a lot and it was a little difficult with the sudden new characters. It was extremely gruesome of a story though, which definitely upped it for me.

8/10 soundtrack, very nice.
6/10 character development
4/10 Story, mostly because I lost it many times and had to rewatch many segments.
Apr 23, 2017 10:58 PM

May 2015
Not a bad show overall though I hated a good portion of the characters *cough* Kouta and Yuka *cough* and that ending is just "???????!!!!!!!!!!" Anyways, 7/10 for Lucy and sad Kurama & Mariko scene.
May 31, 2017 9:26 PM

Jan 2014
Finally got around to binge that "gem", and what can I say - w/o any exaggeration, this is the most abysmal shit I've touched in a long time! Nothing makes sense, noone acts logical, as if that sad excuse for a plot wasn't horrible enough it's so friggin' convenient and predictable that it physically hurts etc. - just stupid harem, gore/nudity and looots of cliché and tropes. A trainwreck like School Days at least had the decency to go out with a bang...
Jul 8, 2017 11:00 PM
Jul 2017
I liked the ending, just seemed like the shoved to much into the last episode. Also we never found out what the old guy with the horns was doing. Overall I loved the anime and the opening was awesome but yeah the ending for me I liked it but it just felt sort of rushed
Jul 15, 2017 10:54 AM
Sep 2016
He just realized that she's the one who killed his father and sister and yet he kisses her, what the fuck.
Aug 29, 2017 7:32 AM

Sep 2014
Finally finished it! Overall this was an awesome show.

This episode was fairly good. Only thing I hated was the Lucy Khouta scene, it made absolutely zero sense after Khouta learned that she killed his sister and father. Easily the biggest flaw in the entire show and it completely teared down the Lucy Kouta story line and made it totally obsolete. Khouta should have been very angry at Lucy and then Lucy somehow dies and permanently becomes Nyu or something. I created my own head cannon for what happens at the end between Lucy and Khouta, basically Khouta gets really angry at Lucy and never meets her and Lucy realizes she doesn't want to live anymore and goes on the bridge and gets killed.

But ignoring that, the rest of the show was awesome. The music was top notch and some parts of this show made me emotional. I really liked Mayu and Nana, their scenes were some of the best. Bando was an ass at first but I grew to like him more as well.

The ending was awkward and could have been way better handled IMO but I mainly liked the beginning and middle parts and seeing the build up. The last 2 episodes were mediocre at best, I hear the manga had a better ending.

I'm excited to start the manga and learn more about the overall story and characters. I'm going to take a long time to read the manga, I want to stretch all 12 volumes over the next year or so, to forget some parts of the anime so I can reread it in the manga.

This show was really good, ending was really weak and should have been different, but the rest of the show was brilliant and so brutal and raw. Music was so beautiful and I love how it was set in a small beach town. Awesome anime.
Platinum-PalaceAug 29, 2017 6:05 PM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Nov 7, 2017 12:41 PM
Jul 2017
This show was definitely alot to take in... still trying to understand everything as it moved so fast. I really enjoyed the soundtrack, but parts of the story didn't make sense to me. Nevertheless I loved the Lucy flashbacks and the bando guy was a character that needed more screen time IMO.
johnny_boi_56Nov 7, 2017 12:52 PM
Dec 23, 2017 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
There won't be a season 2.

Anyway, here's a rushed half assed spoiler:

At the end, with the clock ticking, that's Lucy coming through the door.

At the ENDDDDDDDDDDD (manga) after the clock scene and so much shit happening,

Lucy dies. (But in a good way)

The mc and his cousin have kids and they visit Lucy grave or some shit.

But Lucy dies AT THE END so trust me, her and mc have a lot of memories and shit. Lucy dies for the greater cause or some shit. Her and MC have one last kiss and sht.
Happy ending imo.
I ship @Cewkie and @DarkZeroCalibur
Jan 3, 2018 5:20 PM
Oct 2017
13 episodes wasn’t enough to adapt all of the manga and it wasn’t as impactful as it could have been because of the rushed feeling, still an enjoyable series and a 7/10
Mar 3, 2018 3:39 AM
Dec 2017
Dead End ! =_= gd ep
Mar 29, 2018 7:53 AM
Mar 2018
SkyHora said:
There won't be a season 2.

Anyway, here's a rushed half assed spoiler:

At the end, with the clock ticking, that's Lucy coming through the door.

At the ENDDDDDDDDDDD (manga) after the clock scene and so much shit happening,

Lucy dies. (But in a good way)

The mc and his cousin have kids and they visit Lucy grave or some shit.

But Lucy dies AT THE END so trust me, her and mc have a lot of memories and shit. Lucy dies for the greater cause or some shit. Her and MC have one last kiss and sht.
Happy ending imo.

I usually never read spoilers, like more then others. Tell me the ending is a sad one and I'll already be mad at you. But shit, the ending was annoying me, why do they cut it off at the most tense scene and call it a day, fuck that shit. So I thought since I'm very likely to never be reading the manga I could just read you summarization xD
Feb 15, 2019 7:28 PM
Jan 2019
Great show but that fucking ending killed me. It was to fucking cruel....
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.