MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Voice Actress Popularity Ranking [Updated]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Voice Actress Popularity Ranking [Updated]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
05-09-09, 5:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 383
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Aya Hirano? *facepalm*
It isn't just MAL, I see.

Anyway, this is just females. I'm sure someone like Fukuyama Jun might have beat her.


as the title says, this is a popularity contest

 
05-09-09, 5:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
*sigh* Miyuki Sawashiro is so far down.
 
05-09-09, 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3572
dtshyk said:

*1, 6.20 Hirano Aya


why she's in 1st rank ? i think sakamoto maaya or mizuki nana are better than her XP

dtshyk said:

*2, 5.70 Mizuki Nana

like this and

dthsyk said:

*5, 2.12 Sakamoto Maaya
*6, 1.94 Nakajima Megumi

this

are better than Hirano Aya XP
why she's always popular?? i hate her
 
05-09-09, 6:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 205
Dear MALians,

BAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

love,
Aya =)
 
05-09-09, 6:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Yuuh said:
Why the hell is someone who did only three characters [one of them known for having an annoying voice] 6th place while Hayashibara Megumi is 24th AND NAKAHARA MAI IS 37TH? She has also passed Kugimiya Rie, Horie Yui and Inoue Marina!

I haven't heard her voice, though. But, really, sometimes japaneses scary me.


Nakahara Mai is seriously like a vet at this point, but again, it's her roles. She's in so many anime that don't have the popularity that the other anime have. The more popular the anime, the more exposure the seiyuu have. Even if they only ever had like three roles in their entire career, they garner a gigantic fanbase as opposed to the seiyuu who has been in hundreds of roles but those have been hundreds of moderately to totally unknown roles.
 
05-09-09, 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 31259
Ueda-chan is in the Below 1.0 rating
;____;

Music is from the soul~ ♥
 
05-09-09, 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Cookie-chan said:
Ueda-chan is in the Below 1.0 rating
;____;


:( Yeah, that one hurt.
 
05-09-09, 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 439
/fanboy mode
Yay, Aya-chama, go, go, go!
/fanboy mode off.

Good to see Nana, Minorin, Yukarin, Nakajima Megumi and Sakamoto Maaya in the top 10.

And why so much hate for Aya? There are other Seiyuu who 'dominated' the last few years. Like Kugimiya Rie. *looks at almost every Anime with a Tsundere as lead*
 
05-09-09, 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4263
This goes to show that Aya Hirano and popularity goes hand in hand.
 
05-09-09, 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 3061
Guys, careful, if you hurt Aya-chan's feelings, she might go buy up more stores.
 
05-09-09, 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Krayt said:
And why so much hate for Aya? There are other Seiyuu who 'dominated' the last few years. Like Kugimiya Rie. *looks at almost every Anime with a Tsundere as lead*


Oh yeah, Kugimiya is "getting old" now though, so fresh blood! If anything, people just don't like Hirano because they think she's capitalising on her moe appeal to fanboys. Like I said, she's a good-looking woman, she's young, and she's voiced two female characters who nearly all otaku want to get married to: Haruhi and Konata. So in a way, she's a goddess of voice acting. For now.

She has to start getting some range, because when someone younger and cuter or more popular comes out, she'll just be there getting typecasted for the rest of her career. If she even gets hired at all in the future.

I see good things happening, for example, for the seiyuu of the characters of K-ON! They'll shoot up in popularity soon enough, especially Mio's seiyuu who is already garnering legions for her tsundere characterisation of Mio and her singing voice.
 
05-09-09, 6:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 10312
it's no surprise there that Aya is first on the list...
 
05-09-09, 6:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 439
tehnominator said:

Oh yeah, Kugimiya is "getting old" now though, so fresh blood! If anything, people just don't like Hirano because they think she's capitalising on her moe appeal to fanboys. Like I said, she's a good-looking woman, she's young, and she's voiced two female characters who nearly all otaku want to get married to: Haruhi and Konata. So in a way, she's a goddess of voice acting. For now.

She has to start getting some range, because when someone younger and cuter or more popular comes out, she'll just be there getting typecasted for the rest of her career. If she even gets hired at all in the future.

I see good things happening, for example, for the seiyuu of the characters of K-ON! They'll shoot up in popularity soon enough, especially Mio's seiyuu who is already garnering legions for her tsundere characterisation of Mio and her singing voice.


Yeah, and I think the same guys who are complaining about Aya's popularity now are part of this Hikasa Yoko Legion. For whatever reason. I do like her as Mio but I think her voice isn't outstanding. Neither is Mio as a character herself. She isn't special, she's just a combination of the most successful moe-characteristics.

Considering Aya's popularity: She has her own TV-Show. She's a pretty successful musician. Those are all factors influencing her popularity among people. She isn't only a Seiyuu, at the moment she's more like an Idol/Seiyuu combination.
 
05-09-09, 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 903
I don't think this is really a popularity ranking. As an example, when I google some voice actor it it often because I'm watching an anime featuring that VA but I'm not sure where I recognize the voice from. I have never google'd Ueda Kana even tough she is my favorite VA, but that is just because her voice is so easy to recognize. Same thing goes for Horie Yui and Kugimiya Rie etc.
I know that I google'd Hirano Aya just a few days ago, because I once again had forgotten where I recognized voice from. Also did it once more because of a picture of Konata wearing her bikini "Aya-style".

So in conclusion, I often google voice actors because I'm not interested in them enough to remember them. And those I really like I don't need to google. I'm sure this isn't true for a lot of people, but I still think it is a big source of misinformation.
Modified by DarkBlue, 05-09-09, 6:40 AM
 
05-09-09, 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2980
Krayt said:

Yeah, and I think the same guys who are complaining about Aya's popularity now are part of this Hikasa Yoko Legion. For whatever reason. I do like her as Mio but I think her voice isn't outstanding. Neither is Mio as a character herself. She isn't special, she's just a combination of the most successful moe-characteristics.

Considering Aya's popularity: She has her own TV-Show. She's a pretty successful musician. Those are all factors influencing her popularity among people. She isn't only a Seiyuu, at the moment she's more like an Idol/Seiyuu combination.


I completely agree. I happen though to quite like Mio. I just notice as the episodes continue, they are purposefully making her more and more moe, and I'm starting to wonder if this is a good thing or not. If she turns out to be a complete incompetent who can't walk from one side of the room to the other without spazzing out/tripping/bursting into tears, I think I'll get extremely annoyed. They are turning a smart, cute character into a moe blob if they don't watch out. I thought this anime was about Yui anyway?

That is also true about Hirano. She's a celebrity now with her idol qualities. At least one thing I'll give her is that she works hard, even if her voice isn't the best one out there and even if she isn't as talented as the others.
 
05-09-09, 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 732
Yuuh said:
Why the hell is someone who did only three characters [one of them known for having an annoying voice] 6th place while Hayashibara Megumi is 24th AND NAKAHARA MAI IS 37TH? She has also passed Kugimiya Rie, Horie Yui and Inoue Marina!

I haven't heard her voice, though. But, really, sometimes japaneses scary me.


Megumi is more old-school for seiyuu. While her body of work speaks for itself, this is based off google trends.

But yea, not really any surprises up top... though I really did expect Kugimiya Rie to be higher.


--- Currently Under Construction ---
 
05-09-09, 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3041
tehnominator said:
Have you seen English voice actors? Most look like they crawled out of their parents' basements.
And their looks are still better than voice acting ;]

Nothing much to say about this rank. It's google popularity, not how good they are. In that case Kugumiya Sux should be below bottom of the list ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
 
05-09-09, 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1066
isn't it that less people know hirano aya and then google for her to know more? :S

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
 
05-09-09, 7:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2849
I'm so glad that Maaya Sakamoto is so high =)
 
05-09-09, 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 423
Antanaru said:
tehnominator said:
Have you seen English voice actors? Most look like they crawled out of their parents' basements.
And their looks are still better than voice acting ;]


Haha, QFT :D
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices