Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2009
That preview...
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
ALL CHARACTERS ARE IMPORTANT:

GON EPIC
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 4, 2014 11:53 AM
Jul 2013
Wow Gon looks....scary. http://i.imgur.com/NEbBVqN.jpg
irtiza9169Feb 4, 2014 11:58 AM
Feb 4, 2014 12:02 PM

May 2013
They animated less then 2 chapters and left out the meat of one chapter. Pouf/Morel pages where animated last week, Gon/Pitou page is skipped and they dragged out Knuckle/Youpi and Meleoron/Welfin parts. The pacing was off and I couldn't enjoy the episode because of that. But I wonder if I would feel the same way if I didn't read the manga :\

Anyways Madhouse screwed over this episode animation team and sacrificed 115. I just hope that 116 will be worth it.

Also is it just me or did Zeno's voice sound a bit off?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Feb 4, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
irtiza9169 said:
Wow Gon looks....scary. http://i.imgur.com/NEbBVqN.jpg

EPIC

I'm just saying
Next Episode: Pitou Development
HXH does not follow the classical argument
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Feb 4, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 2011
It was a great episode guys. Why everyone is complaining ?
Feb 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I thought so too.
Feb 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Jul 2013
Wasn't the greatest ep, but I understand it's hard to tell everyone's story within a 20 minute time frame.

So in that respect, it wasn't that bad. Just not great.

Sidenote: Who gives a shit how many chapters are animated per episode? Honestly, there's a difference between being a manga reader, and being a manga douchebag. Most of the people who read the manga on this forum, are manga douchebags. You tools look at this show like it's a science, instead of enjoying what's actually happening.
Feb 4, 2014 12:25 PM

May 2012
that ending.. the look on gon's face , he's going super saiyan man ! XD

can't wait for next week's episode, the ending literally got me pumped up
Feb 4, 2014 12:26 PM
Dec 2013
Someone alert the authorities, because they're murdering this show.
Feb 4, 2014 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
I was wondering how would Knuckle be able to survive against youpi since shoot is a lot more fit to fight, glad they are doing a hit and run type of fight, good attention to details.

Although I gotta admit, Meleoron walking away looked dumb, almost as dumb as that Mouthless guy from the Hunter Exam.

Great voice acting by Shoot's VA, and it felt really sad that he got left like that.
This and the Welfen part, let's just say I'm really liking the mind games and how they are not dumbing this down to be mindless fights even in the climax, props to the writer.

"Welfen knew his power wasn't omnipotent, it was a mere tool", lines like these sell it for me.

Smart episode, with good character development for ones you least expect. 5 out of 5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 12:33 PM
Oct 2010
I understand they don't want to catch up with the manga too quickly, but this 10 seconds per episode pace is a tad bit too sluggish (on the other hand, you can really feel Knuckle's frustation XD)
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 4, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2014
Ajunky said:
I understand they don't want to catch up with the manga too quickly, but this 10 seconds per episode pace is a tad bit too sluggish (on the other hand, you can really feel Knuckle's frustation XD)

As someone stated last episode, they are adapting 2-3 chapters, which is hardly not wanting to catch up. Furthermore, the Manga has been on hiatus for almost 2 years now, and they are already near the end, it doesn't take much to realize that they are indeed ending the show after catching up with the manga, so this whole "manga gap" concept is not there. Consider the manga has ended and now they are taking their own pace.
In other words, it's the manga that's depicting this 10-second thing. Also, why does it matter how much time this is? I mean the content of this episode is definitely proportional to its length.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2014 12:38 PM
Oct 2013
holy shit.

shoot - ur one of my fav character. keep fighting.

knuckle - good lookin out bro

meloreon - the feels man. he wants to help but knows that in order to be of some assitance hes gotta leave

Gon - the ending was epic, how they played it silently, with only the music playing

for those constantly complaining, honestly i never understood these guys. honestly after a episode where i feel like it drags out or is slow, ill just kinda be not 100% satisfied with it but just finish it. my overall love for the series just lets it go. honestly do not understand ppl who go ape shit and analyze the flaws. dude, just watch it and enjoy it.

HxH IS THE SHIT
Feb 4, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
These episodes are stretched out beyond imagination. Another one spent on some characters moving a few hundred meters and rest not moving at all. I miss the pace from GI or other arcs. CA arc is so damn boring now with episodes consisting mostly of pointless narration and inner monologues. I'm sorry to say but it reminds me of Naruto Shippuuden right before I dropped it. I really hope next episode will have at least some action, since we haven't seen much of it lately. You can't really call Youpis flailing around and Shoot's flying around much of an action... Same goes for pretty much every other encounter in the palace.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 4, 2014 12:41 PM

Feb 2014
Good ep :) waiting for gon vs pitou and king vs netero :) we need patience now... 1 chapter for 1 episode? srsly so slow..

If i didnt read manga i will hope that fight with gon and pitou be in next one :(
Its about 10 episode at least.
Feb 4, 2014 12:42 PM
Oct 2013
Omg

Feb 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
miskos3 said:
Omg

Shadow the Hedgehog
Feb 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
Thought I was in the anime discussion thread not the manga one :S couldn't tell from some of the first page comments. The series is still just as good for me as it always has been. The only series I can complain about the pacing is One Piece. This show's pacing blows One Piece out of the water so be grateful for that.

Anyways I thought it was a great episode. Best part was when Meleoron had to leave Shoot while Shoot was crawling on the ground and then the OST came in. Got goosebumps from that scene.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Feb 4, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
GalekC said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I thought so too.

Zeno's voice was a little strange this episode.
Feb 4, 2014 12:51 PM

Mar 2012
That Gons black aura looks very close to those in SF 4.

And...
http://i.imgur.com/iQy3x9V.png
Feb 4, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2012
Mediocre episode that sums up well my biggest problem with this arc: Too much emphasis put on some characters nobody give a shit about.
Feb 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
I think this is the first middle finger I see in anime since..... Vegeta
Feb 4, 2014 12:56 PM
Oct 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Mediocre episode that sums up well my biggest problem with this arc: Too much emphasis put on some characters nobody give a shit about.
I think you see it that way because you watch it on weekly basis, if you were to watch an entire arc in one go, it wouldn't be a problem, imo.
Feb 4, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2011
Vogue- said:

Sidenote: Who gives a shit how many chapters are animated per episode? Honestly, there's a difference between being a manga reader, and being a manga douchebag. Most of the people who read the manga on this forum, are manga douchebags. You tools look at this show like it's a science, instead of enjoying what's actually happening.

Maybe this would be a viable argument had the episode not sucked eggs. Hard to enjoy something that is clearly poorly paced (even without knowledge of how many chapters were animated) and focuses primarily on the side... side characters in Ikalgo, Welfin and Meleoron. This isn't always a bad thing, mind you, but in this episode, it was.
Feb 4, 2014 1:15 PM
Oct 2011
judals said:
I think this is the first middle finger I see in anime since..... Vegeta
And it won't be the last.

OT:
A good episode. Wasn't that great, but the psychological stuff are pretty nice.

As for next episode, still worried about how they'll adapt it. Hopefully they'll do it well.

On a side note, Knuckle's nen ability is cute as fuck.
Candor123Feb 4, 2014 1:19 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2010
Phew Meleoron..dodged a rocket there huh? Welfin is one paranoid dude.

not much progress overall. it was a slow episode. i wonder if the pacing was the same in the manga cause this feels abit "dragged out" to me but its still fine.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
The thing that makes HxH unique from other shounen:
It also shows other characters feelings and thoughts. Even the supporting cast is given importance.

Really liked Youpi's reaction after that thing didn't break... and when Meleoron cried for Shoot.
Poor Killua, he is being too nervous especially after seeing his Grandpa leave. He is feeling very uneasy...
Kite-Feb 4, 2014 1:40 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2013
ValeBreck said:
This episode didn't even cover 2 chapters
Are you serious madhouse

I think showing Welfin and other characters was a good thing. Their feelings, thoughts, experiences, etc were really very well presented
Kite-Feb 4, 2014 1:32 PM
Feb 4, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2011
Kimp said:

Poor Killua, he is being too nervous especially after seeing his Grandpa run away like a coward. He is feeling very uneasy...

Zeno didn't run like a coward, he dipped because the money no longer equated the job he was payed to do. Just because he's a ruthless assassin doesn't mean he doesn't have morals. Just as he did not intend to continue fighting Kuroro when there was no longer any money involved, he also did not intend to continue his fight against the ants since it was no longer the job he was being payed to carry out.
Feb 4, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2013
Bad episode, badass ending.

Feb 4, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2011
I just can't get enough of this. I love this series.
Feb 4, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2013
Unlike most people, I'm loving the pacing this show has atm.
Antanaru said:
These episodes are stretched out beyond imagination. Another one spent on some characters moving a few hundred meters and rest not moving at all. I miss the pace from GI or other arcs. CA arc is so damn boring now with episodes consisting mostly of pointless narration and inner monologues. I'm sorry to say but it reminds me of Naruto Shippuuden right before I dropped it. I really hope next episode will have at least some action, since we haven't seen much of it lately. You can't really call Youpis flailing around and Shoot's flying around much of an action... Same goes for pretty much every other encounter in the palace.
I don't think this is boring. I love the thought that has been given to every character and encounter. It's not like this is a 12 episode series that has to condense its content down. I didn't like Shoot before this battle and now he is one of my favorite characters in the show and I found myself rooting for him to live. Don't compare this to Naruto Shippuuden, no fight in that anime has been given as much thought as this. I'm not blind though. I do see where you guys are coming from but I'm just wondering, what's the rush? Anyways, KICK HIS/HER ASS GON!
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 4, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
SetsukoHara said:

It may look that way at first, but be patient, Welfin isn't a Leol clone, he will have some importance later on

OT: Overall good episode, interesting bit about morals with the whole Shoot and Meleoron scene and dat cliff-hanger, I know I'm going to love the next episode
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Feb 4, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
The episode was meh.
The narrator felt unnecessary in some parts, I really liked him in the beginning tho.
VerumirFeb 4, 2014 2:15 PM
Feb 4, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2012
Boring episode is boring.

Edit: WOW just realized how unnecessarily stretched out this ep was.
Feb 4, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2011
Baku219 said:

It's not like the pacing is entirely bad. The slow-mo scenes and narration are not as profound as people tend to make them out be either, even though they are a major element in each episode thus far. Just not to the extent those who complain about it make it out to be.

As far as the actual pacing, the problem is it is erratic. Erratic pacing is as bad, if not worse than breezing through everything or going too slow. If you don't know what I mean, then as an example I will use this episode in comparison to 112. In 112, so much was going on and there was so much content packed into the episode. Many people complained about the opening scene with Youpi, but I felt that was handled rather well. You had our characters all breaking in at once rushing to their respective jobs they need to carry out for this mission but are held up by Youpi's presence in the stairwell. Not only is this going on, but an all out race to the King is on between Pouf, Pitou, Netero and Zeno. After which, we are given the touching scenes of that race ending with everyone in shock at the King cradling Komugi in his arms where we are made to believe that she has been severely injured and or killed by Zeno's Dragon Dive. So with this episode, so many key moments are being stuffed into one episode that it is wall to wall brimming with intriguing content that is furthering the story.

In comparison, in today's episode we had a case of a lot of scenes that dragged on with very little actually happening other than our characters having their own inner monologues going on. This episode still had its good scenes, but in comparison it felt completely dragged out from beginning to end.

So we are left with major inconsistency from one episode to the next. Of course, not all of this is Madhouse's fault as it felt this way in the manga as well. But right now we are plagued by inconsistency from episode to episode in pacing as well as from scene to scene even. This doesn't mean going balls to the wall hardcore action every 5 seconds as that wouldn't be pleasing either. The main problem here is people who haven't read the manga can recognize that the pacing is all over the place. I don't want to use the argument of how many chapters were animated (albeit, it does prove this case almost perfectly but in the case of not trying to sound like a manga douchebag, I will avoid doing so). So the fact that people with no knowledge of this can still point out when it feels dragged on or when it feels like there is a lot going on creates an issue that is hindering this arc immensely.

I know I'm not the biggest supporter of this arc (my past shows it), but in fairness this was one of my main gripes all along with the arc in general and it has carried over to the anime as well.
Feb 4, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2014
Baku219 said:
Antanaru said:
I don't think this is boring. I love the thought that has been given to every character and encounter. It's not like this is a 12 episode series that has to condense its content down. I didn't like Shoot before this battle and now he is one of my favorite characters in the show and I found myself rooting for him to live. Don't compare this to Naruto Shippuuden, no fight in that anime has been given as much thought as this. I'm not blind though. I do see where you guys are coming from but I'm just wondering, what's the rush? Anyways, KICK HIS/HER ASS GON!

This.

I gotta say though, I'm not a fan of the rage pic of Gon, his ears look too big, I prefered the one in episode 113.
Feb 4, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2008
Don't die, Shoot!!! We're supposed to be getting married, and I've already bought my wedding dress!!! ;-P

I just noticed that Welfin's wearing a bikini. Suki, suki, now!!

Gon is raditating with killing intent. It even made me shiver.

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
Somebody NEEDS to give Welfin a coat and some glasses, this guy is on some CSI investigation shit

The pacing was completely normal for me
Feb 4, 2014 2:24 PM

Oct 2013
Not great but pretty good. Some parts felt a bit dragged but overall it was good.

Omg Shoot I freaking like that dude!!! Hope he doesn't die.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Feb 4, 2014 2:24 PM

Jun 2013
Vogue- said:
Wasn't the greatest ep, but I understand it's hard to tell everyone's story within a 20 minute time frame.

So in that respect, it wasn't that bad. Just not great.

Exactly what I am thinking.

@fearthebeard85

There is one thing that I dont understand from Zeno.

If the Hunters FAIL to finish the extermination of the ants,the world is OVER

So there will be consequenses for Zeno later on (Death), so why doesnt he fight for his self? He is entrusting such an event to others?
Feb 4, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2013
Anyone who thinks we are going to get Gon vs Pitou next episode is fooling themselves. It'll be 10 minutes of them standing there staring at each other while we listen to the commentator ramble, before proceeding to go to the other's fights. This arc has been dragged too much.

I don't mind "Delving into the emotion and the thoughts of the characters" or anything, but this is honestly too much. Hunter x Hunter's "Delving into the emotion and the thoughts of the characters" is just a glorified name for "stalling the plot".
MinagatachiFeb 4, 2014 2:36 PM
Feb 4, 2014 2:26 PM

Jun 2008
babymilo91 said:
Man Welfin is suspicious of everything.

Haha, pretty much, i am surprised he hasn't driven himself crazy until now. If he is that suspicious and scared of everything and he just can't decide what is the right choice because he always over thinks things then he is better off stop having stupid ambitions and just live a calm life were he doesn't have to trouble himself with betrayal and killing indent.

Antanaru said:

You people just don't get that they have to built events. For example this slow pace and all this waiting allowed the Rage of Gon to be imprinted in everyone's minds which is important for what follows. If they just showed all this events in a single episode you would have never gotten the rage flowing inside him even if they showed you his angry face.
The director is doing a very correct job at building everything properly instead of just throwing action events in your face in fast pace and having everything end up lukewarm and inconsistent.
The only reason you people whine is because you want to see what is next and this is ongoing, so you have to wait a week. If you had all episodes available you would have been all happy and wouldn't care.
Well tough luck, then don't watch ongoing shows and wait for them to finish.
MonadFeb 4, 2014 2:37 PM
Feb 4, 2014 2:29 PM
Sep 2011
It's fascinating to see how this show delves into the thought processes of each single character no matter if they are protagonists or simply side characters and it really pays off since they show how one single thought can change their actions and as a result can change the entire course of the show.
Feb 4, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2012
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......
Feb 4, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 2014
What the hell all these kids wanting so bad the "fights"? HxH is not all about fights. In fact, they are not the highlights of the show. If you want a generic shonen, you should watch something else. HxH is about strategies, psychological encounters, interesting character developments, etc.
Feb 4, 2014 2:36 PM
Feb 2014
Minagatachi said:
Anyone who thinks we are going to get Gon vs Pitou next episode is fooling themselves. It'll be 10 minutes of them standing there staring at each other while we listen to the commentator ramble, before proceeding to go to the other's fights. This arc has been dragged too much.

There is going to be a Gon Vs Pitou, and a huge Gon's development.
Feb 4, 2014 2:38 PM
Jul 2013
DAT LOOK ON GON'S EYES!!!

Am still shivering!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 4, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Baku219 said:

As I said before, I understand where you're coming from, I really do. I haven't read the manga and the pacing simply doesn't bother me. Logically, the pacing is as you say but I'm just articulating how it makes me feel while watching it and at the moment I am enjoying this arc despite how long it is taking.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.