Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 3, 2009 11:25 PM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Nina will be strong if she has the will to control the Haikizoku. Again, sucks for Layfon to fight in his condition compared to the mercenary guild having so many members helping take down six. At least Layfon is trying help the 17th Platoon prepare for a filth monster attack. Pretty funny how Layfon can kill all 6 of his at the rate of the mercenary guild.
May 4, 2009 12:26 AM

Nov 2006
FACE MAN!
May 4, 2009 1:33 AM
Aug 2008
It seems like Nina might get a "power boost" in the next episode or two, not sure If I like that or not. Guess we'll see how it goes.

That Queen is really huge b*tch, I'm assuming she must be the ultimate bad ass though.

I love how often they like to display how incredibly powerful Layfon is. I always hate anime's where a main character is really powerful but barely ever shows it off. Not this anime!

May 4, 2009 3:45 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, I really wanted to see Leerin meet Layfon in this episode. Oh well, guess i'll wait another whole week for their reunion.

Anyways i don't really care for Nina, and I don't like how Felli was sad in this episode. Felli FTW!
May 4, 2009 4:15 AM
Mar 2009
SHInoSHIkamaru said:
Wow, I really wanted to see Leerin meet Layfon in this episode. Oh well, guess i'll wait another whole week for their reunion.

Anyways i don't really care for Nina, and I don't like how Felli was sad in this episode. Felli FTW!

erm they wont meet on next episode also :-P she stops at Maios city first :-P

i hate how bad the ayako LQ release is damn it... i cant wait for someone with good definition to release it :-( you miss all the good action with blurry animation pff..

the way this is going layfon will train/raise the lvl of 17th platoon and they will be the main anti filth force of the city. lets see how things will go cause when leerin meets layfon ... nina will meet the guy hunting her so layfon will have to decide what to do ...

I AM ALL LEERINxLAYFON ... anything else is fail.
May 4, 2009 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
You know what's the problem of 17th platoon? They don't have white mage.
I mean, seriously.
Layfon is strong warrior with str99, and huge vitality.
Sharnid is ranger (I guess) with decent dex, but low hp, and Felli really has huge wisdom and int, but no healing spells.
Nina is just a bad warrior with too little training in str and vtl, leaving her exposed in 1v1 fights. She should train more to get next lvl.

Now if they had white mage (Or red one, it really doesn't matter with such low lvl party excluding Layfon) they wouldn't need to worry about health status.
I recommend Nina changes her class to mage, they have enough melee power with fon-fon, ranged attacks with Sharnid, but no healer...I mean seriously, who the hell was making this party, newb?
May 4, 2009 7:05 AM
Mar 2008
Hello there, Face Man! Thanks for removing Nina.
May 4, 2009 7:32 AM

May 2008
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO, IT'S THE FACE MAN.

Now seriously, I wonder what the queen is planning, probably nothing good.
May 4, 2009 7:40 AM

Oct 2007
Am I the only one who think that the Engrish story has a better potential than the main story?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 4, 2009 7:42 AM

Aug 2008
Siva said:
Am I the only one who think that the Engrish story has a better potential than the main story?

The accents are so terrible that I laugh so hard
May 4, 2009 8:37 AM

Sep 2008
Siva said:

If it were English instead of Engrish, I would have agreed, but this way, it's just annoying.
May 4, 2009 8:58 AM

Aug 2007
The music in this episode rocked.

the engrish is just annoying
May 4, 2009 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
that english story is some type of past that happened more than 100 years back
i realy want to know if story is going after manga?
May 4, 2009 12:24 PM

Jan 2008
dunno, I think after so many episodes I got used to that engrish...
May 4, 2009 12:41 PM

Jul 2008
NOO does this mean Nina might become stronger than Layfon? XD
Zidizei said:

agreed XD
May 4, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
good ep, hopefully Layfon is able to get everyone in his squad to be able to fight the filth monsters
cant wait to see Nina's big power boost (my prediction)

SHInoSHIkamaru said:

I AM ALL LEERINxLAYFON ... anything else is fail.

No anything besides Felli x Fon-Fon or Nina X Layton fails
Can also see some Felli - Layfon development in the next ep
May 4, 2009 1:25 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. I hope Nina will be fine now the Haikizoku has entered her body.
May 4, 2009 1:28 PM

Aug 2008
nina4life said:
I mean, seriously.
Sharnid is ranger (I guess) with decent dex, but low hp, and Felli really has huge wisdom and int, but no healing spells.
Nina is just a bad warrior with too little training in str and vtl, leaving her exposed in 1v1 fights. She should train more to get next lvl.

Now if they had white mage (Or red one, it really doesn't matter with such low lvl party excluding Layfon) they wouldn't need to worry about health status.
I recommend Nina changes her class to mage, they have enough melee power with fon-fon, ranged attacks with Sharnid, but no healer...I mean seriously, who the hell was making this party, newb?

Too true Nina, except Nina's pride won't let herself be "downgraded" to support. Oh, and is Nina really going to accept Shena now that she's all powerful?

I really hate that she's getting this power boost, mostly because I see much of the contrived drama that goes with it. I kind of hate that we spend so much time on her sorry ass rather than make Sharnid more useful/interesting, or fleshing out Felli...or better explaining Grendan, or the Haikizoku, or that guy who tried to steal Zuellini in the first episode.

I did like that they gave something definite for Layfon's state of mind since becoming apart of platoon 17: that is working in a team and not having to risk his life so much. It's been touched on here and there, but I'm glad that they said it out right.

May 4, 2009 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Zidizei said:
yeah same^^
May 4, 2009 3:16 PM

May 2008
Engrish part is the best part of the series, hell I hope they do an engrish part only OVA
May 4, 2009 3:38 PM

Sep 2008
It seems that in the next episode Layfon will be very upset of Nina's absence... Maybe in the end we will see Nina X Layfon for sure...
May 4, 2009 3:56 PM

Oct 2007
How many people here realized that this the 17th episode into the story? Yeah only 7 more to go.

So who is the final boss? And where are we now in the story? Am I the only one who have no idea about it?

May 4, 2009 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
I really see no satisfying end to conclude the remaining 7 episodes, then again the plot isn't that satisfying either. Also Nina is annoying me to no end, again.

The masked mercenary guy is just about the only one I count as interesting.
May 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
Siva said:
How many people here realized that this the 17th episode into the story? Yeah only 7 more to go.

So who is the final boss? And where are we now in the story? Am I the only one who have no idea about it?

well i can see the possibility of a season 2
maybe by the end of the series they will all be badass but there will probably be some huge cliffhanger at the end to some bigger scheme that the creator has in mind

by the end of this series i bet
Sharyin will be a BA with many different types of gun and even a rocket launcher
Nina and the other girl will be a BAs who are faster and have a huge amount of kei (also helps that Nina is probably going to get a huge power boost)
Felli will be a BA who is able to use her physic powers to a greater extent
and Layfon will remain the greatest BA out of them all
May 4, 2009 5:40 PM

Sep 2008
You know what would really be LAME? If Nina actually manages to control that beast and use its powers without losing her senses....

THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE! I mean, lamest character in the show getting overpowered (kind of) because of a strong will....hopefully that won't happen.
May 4, 2009 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
I'm hoping that she goes psycho and needs Layfon and Felli to put the kibosh on her...permanently.
May 4, 2009 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
If Nina maintains her shitty attitude after she is able to control the Haikizoku... /me sighs

I just hope they beat her down instead.
May 4, 2009 10:35 PM

Nov 2007
I'm placing my bet on the final boss being Haikizoku-possessed Nina, and that Layfon puts her out of her misery, but thats not going to happen is it? Probably a cliffhanger once Leerin arrives at Zuellni or sometime after. I can totally see a season 2 happening, the dvd sales seem to be pretty good and the light novels are rather popular as well.
May 4, 2009 10:37 PM
Jun 2008
major LOL at nina4life's post! ya man.. the party is getting noobified.. lvl up damn it!!

with 7 eps left, i hope they dun try to mush everything together to complete the series. I'm assuming a 2nd season is gonna be made, but i'm gonna kill myself if the end of the season disappoints me
May 5, 2009 12:34 AM

Mar 2009
I dont know what it is about this show, but I cant really get into it. I mean it's not bad, but my mind just wonder off when I'm watching it =/

<3 Felli though
May 5, 2009 1:56 AM

Sep 2008
windy said:
FACE MAN!

lol!! i was gonna say the same thing.

I personally really enjoyed this episode, I've seen people complain before about how they think Layfon being to powerful is bad (which usually something like this would bother me) but i find the way they have portrayed it great. From my view, we don't truly understand how powerful he really is and it's still quite a sight to see even now this far into the series. I also like the way they showed that he's still human even if he's so powerful. These thought's just popped into my mind while watching the fight scene.

I thought the other group were pretty damn cool themselves, their uniforms looked cool and to watch a group using such tatics to take down the filth monsters also showed us more of Layfon's strength. I also did not expect to see the Haikizoku try to use Nina, but then again it all makes sense since the Haikizoku want's someone who desires strength such as the guy a few episodes back.

Well now we have 7 episodes left, i aint sure if they are going to have another season or not, it just seems like they have a lot left to do/could do and 7 episodes does not seem long enough for this series to be concluded. I would be happy with another season though :)
May 5, 2009 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
nina4life said:
You know what would really be LAME? If Nina actually manages to control that beast and use its powers without losing her senses....

THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE! I mean, lamest character in the show getting overpowered (kind of) because of a strong will....hopefully that won't happen.

noteDhero said:
I'm hoping that she goes psycho and needs Layfon and Felli to put the kibosh on her...permanently.
Wasabi said:
If Nina maintains her shitty attitude after she is able to control the Haikizoku... /me sighs

I just hope they beat her down instead.

Kantarou said:
I'm placing my bet on the final boss being Haikizoku-possessed Nina, and that Layfon puts her out of her misery, but thats not going to happen is it? Probably a cliffhanger once Leerin arrives at Zuellni or sometime after. I can totally see a season 2 happening, the dvd sales seem to be pretty good and the light novels are rather popular as well.

If you Nina haters expect her to be dead, then i'm sorry to say you are all idiots and mistaken. She's one of the main characters in the series and a very popular character in Japan too along with Felli so there's no way there gonna kill her since
Of the 4 manga's based on Chrome Shelled Regios (Yes there are 4 manga based of the Regios Light Novels!) outta two of them, one focus on Nina's POV and the other is LayfonXNina centered.

And also if wish to know more about CSR, read the light novels here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Chrome_Shelled_Regios
May 5, 2009 5:06 AM

Oct 2007
@MrTerrorist: LOL so Felli was failed from the beginning?

May 5, 2009 6:23 AM

Mar 2009
Siva said:
@MrTerrorist: LOL so Felli was failed from the beginning?

Not really, The Missing Mail manga is LayfonXFelli centered.
May 5, 2009 9:24 AM

Sep 2008
@MrTerrorist

Did I say I want her dead? No, I didn't. Another thing, I don't like being called idiot because I don't like the same character someone else does.

Now another thing, would I mind seeing Nina dead? Hell no!
What I did say though is that I would hate to see Nina controlling that beast (I'll probably never memorise his name) with her "strong will".
What I did say is that she is f****** annoying with her naiveness and pure stupidity.

If she lived in manga (why the f*** would I need to know that? anime =/= manga) that PROBABLY means she will live in anima as well. But being popular doesn't mean you will survive. There are many examples of that...

Thank you for you time. Next time please, exclude offensive words, it's somewhat childish to call others idiots because of different opinion. Bye
May 5, 2009 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
Also, as a note...hoping for a character to be dead and expecting her to be dead are two different things. I'm well aware that Nina isn't going to die, and I don't need to read spoilers (which I didn't) to know that. I was merely expressing my disappointment of the trivial drama that comes with Nina having a Haikizoku.
May 5, 2009 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
Sorry for being late. I got detained by... FACE MAN!

I really enjoyed the action scenes in this episode, we kinda needed that. Or at least I did. Plus, Nina finally got/going to get her power-up, which might make her less annoying. I wish they'll put her down like a rabid animal.

However, Felli noticed she isn't #1 in FonFon's myspace friends list.. which is wrong! I really hope things will get resolved between them and not in the Meyfin way (or what's the name of the bento making booby girl). What does Layfon see in Nina anyway? She's 165 cm of blond phail.

noteDhero said:
I did like that they gave something definite for Layfon's state of mind since becoming apart of platoon 17: that is working in a team and not having to risk his life so much. It's been touched on here and there, but I'm glad that they said it out right.
Well said, I liked that too.
ClearSinz said:
NOO does this mean Nina might become stronger than Layfon? XD
Nothing can be stronger than FonFon ^^ Maybe the Queen.
noteDhero said:
I kind of hate that we spend so much time on her sorry ass rather than make Sharnid more useful/interesting, or fleshing out Felli...or better explaining Grendan, or the Haikizoku, or that guy who tried to steal Zuellini in the first episode.
Yeah. Sad indeed.
krumisimo said:
It seems that in the next episode Layfon will be very upset of Nina's absence... Maybe in the end we will see Nina X Layfon for sure...
Don't say that, I'll get nightmares.
nina4life said:
rofl. send me some of the stuff you're smoking!

Furthermore, I am of the opinion that Regios needs a second season!
May 5, 2009 12:21 PM

Aug 2007
windy said:
FACE MAN!

And I'm not sure why, but I'm getting some vibes that Felli is going to die. Which would totally piss me off. Either that or Leerin is going to die.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
May 5, 2009 2:14 PM
Jul 2007
nina4life said:
I mean, seriously.

ahahahahahhaha that was really clever:)
May 5, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
SHInoSHIkamaru said:

i agree with all of this, plus i hate the whole " I need power so i get evil power" thing that Nina is going to have to deal with. Its way to cliche and overdone.
May 7, 2009 11:49 AM

Sep 2008
My favorite non Felli based episode ^^ I kept on saying "WTF!" when face man entered the building xD

May 12, 2009 2:10 PM

Jun 2008
Waiting for HQ release was worth it. Anyway good episode.
May 12, 2009 10:11 PM

Oct 2008
How sad..

The Queen is mean..

May 14, 2009 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
The Queen is fierce.
Jun 9, 2009 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
Yes Nina getting power. In your face Nina haters. ^_^

By the way anyone else had a Soul Eater vibe when he first saw face man or am i the only one?
Aug 16, 2009 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
Face man is the best! XD
Ippen sinndemiru?
Nov 10, 2009 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
nina4life said:
Siva said:

If it were English instead of Engrish, I would have agreed, but this way, it's just annoying.

It's terribly annoying.
Jun 1, 2011 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
i feel like i've seen this situation before with nina, a person who's really jealous of someone else about how they have so much power. they think its unfair how they can't level up to that person. and than finally, FINALLY (for them) they obtain an enormous power to finallly rival that person. deep down, they've always waited for this moment. and they think they can finally beat that person.
well some rant/opinion

nina4life said:
I mean, seriously.

i love this, its fricken funny and amazing. and i think your kinda rite. they won't always get a chance to heal at the hospital/inn so they need someone to heal them in the middle of the mission. too bad this one doesnt have dites/spells to do such things

Oct 11, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
I really hope Nina doesn't get much stronger and hopefully she doesn't get anywhere close to Fon Fon.
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 11, 2012 11:19 PM

Sep 2011
Woopin ass even when injured. Layfon is such a badass! >:D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 20, 2009

164 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

63 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 23, 2009

52 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - May 17, 2009

88 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 9:55 PM

Poll: » Chrome Shelled Regios Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ariapokoteng - Apr 18, 2009

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 21, 2023 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.