Forum Settings
Forums

'Initial D' Movie Announced to Be Part of a Trilogy

New
Feb 4, 2014 4:21 AM

Nov 2007
It was announced today with a new key visual on the relaunched official site that the new Initial D movie is the first of a trilogy. The first film, New Initial D Movie: Legend 1 - Kakusei, will be released on August 23, 2014 and will focus on a battle against the Takahashi brothers.

The movie and a new TV series were announced last July. The TV series, titled Initial D Final Stage, focuses on the final battle in the manga, and the new movie was announced to be a retelling of the past series.

Staff
Director: Masamitsu Hidaka
Script: Mayuri Sekijima
Music: Hasho Dobashi
Studio: SANZIGEN x LIDEN FILMS

Source: Cinema Today, Natalie, Anime! Anime!
NaruleachFeb 4, 2014 8:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 4, 2014 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
So there are 3 movies in total? Glad to hear that, I was wondering if one movie is enough to cover up everything else.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2014 4:50 AM

Feb 2008
Are you sure that the movies are going to be Initial D Final Stage? Other sources mention that they are actually a retelling of the story. I haven't read the manga, but " The movie will be focusing on a battle against Takahashi brothers." sounds like a summary of Stage 1.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 4, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
ZetaZaku said:
Are you sure that the movies are going to be Initial D Final Stage? Other sources mention that they are actually a retelling of the story. I haven't read the manga, but " The movie will be focusing on a battle against Takahashi brothers." sounds like a summary of Stage 1.

I'm not familiar with the story at all, but the first trilogy movie comes out on August, and the picture of the Final Stage has "movie which comes out this summer", which matches the scheduling.
Feb 4, 2014 5:24 AM

Feb 2008
tsubasalover said:
ZetaZaku said:

I'm not familiar with the story at all, but the first trilogy movie comes out on August, and the picture of the Final Stage has "movie which comes out this summer", which matches the scheduling.

According to ANN, the full name is: "Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 1 -Kakusei- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 1: Awakening)", and the trailer shows an event from the first episode/chapter. The trailer also states "that everything has a beginning (subete ga hajimari)" while showing Takumi driving his AE86 with a cup of water (first episode). They'd probably specify the name as Final Stage, like they did with the Third Stage movie.

I guess we'll have to wait for more info, but it's not certain if it's Final Stage due to the summary and trailer hinting at Stage 1.

Feb 4, 2014 5:27 AM

Aug 2011
Hmm. If Final Stage is being separated into three movies, then fuck yes. Super excited. But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Feb 4, 2014 5:40 AM

Jun 2011
Doaj said:
But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit.

Have to agree, man. What's the point of that? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2014 5:43 AM

Feb 2008
Doaj said:
Hmm. If Final Stage is being separated into three movies, then fuck yes. Super excited. But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd say the first two movies are a summary of the first five stages, and the third one is Final Stage. There's not really enough material left for a TV series, neither for a movie trilogy. It's either the third movie, or they'll announce another movie/OVA after the third movie.

Feb 4, 2014 5:56 AM
Nov 2008
ZetaZaku said:

I'd be inclined to believe that the first two films will focus on some of the major battles and plot points, while the third film is Final Stage. There isn't enough content left for Final Stage to be its own series (maybe a set of OVAs would work, see the spoiler), so it would make sense if it's one of those films.

Feb 4, 2014 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
I'm editing the first post. I hope it does not confuse people. Thank you for your help, ZetaZaku.
tsubasaloverFeb 4, 2014 6:45 AM
Feb 4, 2014 6:36 AM

Jun 2010
YAY! More Initial D is always welcome!
Feb 4, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
I usually don't care for remake/summary movies but for this I don't mind if its rushed as long as I get to see them races and Hachiroku in HD.
AozureFeb 4, 2014 6:53 AM
Feb 4, 2014 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
As long as it's not too rushed, I don't mind. Otherwise, I'll be optimistic about this trilogy.
Feb 4, 2014 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
While I usually shy away from recap movies, I believe this could work. The first season started in 98, the art could definitely do with an upgrade. Hopefully it will be like everyone else is saying, two movies for recap and the last for Final Stage.
Feb 4, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2007
More initial d is good ^_^ recap or not I'll still watch it

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 4, 2014 10:37 AM

Nov 2008
so basically its just a summary that's it. Lot of anime are doing that nowadays instead of doing an origanial movie.
Feb 4, 2014 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
wtf lol I want a Final 26 ep season plz!!!
Feb 4, 2014 11:25 AM
Feb 4, 2014 4:20 PM
Dec 2013
So a final tv series and 3 movies eh? But the movies are recaps? Screw that, I want more Initial D, not another retread. And hopefully Final Stage expands on the ending of the manga, cause it's kinda shit.
Feb 4, 2014 7:06 PM
Nov 2008
None of the anime will 'expand' on the manga. It's over.
Feb 4, 2014 8:29 PM

Dec 2012
You can never have too much Initial D recaps
Feb 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
So this might be a reboot? Eh.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 4, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Initial D is a mainstream anime so it makes sense they want to make more movies, i mean who doesn't love cars & driff?
AndroidJacketFeb 5, 2014 1:21 AM
Feb 4, 2014 11:05 PM

Feb 2008
malvarez1 said:
So this might be a reboot? Eh.

It's not a reboot. It's probably just a recap featuring the most important events to prepare us for the Final Stage (and milk some more money).

Feb 5, 2014 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
Is that live action movie..??
If does, I hope they didn't use CGI for the movie...
Feb 5, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
Awesome
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
8 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
11 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.