MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

'Initial D' Movie Announced to Be Part of a Trilogy
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» 'Initial D' Movie Announced to Be Part of a Trilogy

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
02-04-14, 4:21 AM
News Team
It was announced today with a new key visual on the relaunched official site that the new Initial D movie is the first of a trilogy. The first film, New Initial D Movie: Legend 1 - Kakusei, will be released on August 23, 2014 and will focus on a battle against the Takahashi brothers.

The movie and a new TV series were announced last July. The TV series, titled Initial D Final Stage, focuses on the final battle in the manga, and the new movie was announced to be a retelling of the past series.

Staff
Director: Masamitsu Hidaka
Script: Mayuri Sekijima
Music: Hasho Dobashi
Studio: SANZIGEN x LIDEN FILMS

Source: Cinema Today, Natalie, Anime! Anime!
Modified by Naruleach, 02-04-14, 8:07 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

02-04-14, 4:30 AM

So there are 3 movies in total? Glad to hear that, I was wondering if one movie is enough to cover up everything else.

02-04-14, 4:50 AM

Are you sure that the movies are going to be Initial D Final Stage? Other sources mention that they are actually a retelling of the story. I haven't read the manga, but " The movie will be focusing on a battle against Takahashi brothers." sounds like a summary of Stage 1.

02-04-14, 4:59 AM
News Team
ZetaZaku said:
Are you sure that the movies are going to be Initial D Final Stage? Other sources mention that they are actually a retelling of the story. I haven't read the manga, but " The movie will be focusing on a battle against Takahashi brothers." sounds like a summary of Stage 1.

I'm not familiar with the story at all, but the first trilogy movie comes out on August, and the picture of the Final Stage has "movie which comes out this summer", which matches the scheduling.

02-04-14, 5:24 AM

tsubasalover said:
ZetaZaku said:

I'm not familiar with the story at all, but the first trilogy movie comes out on August, and the picture of the Final Stage has "movie which comes out this summer", which matches the scheduling.

According to ANN, the full name is: "Shin Gekijō-ban Initial D Legend 1 -Kakusei- (New Initial D the Movie Legend 1: Awakening)", and the trailer shows an event from the first episode/chapter. The trailer also states "that everything has a beginning (subete ga hajimari)" while showing Takumi driving his AE86 with a cup of water (first episode). They'd probably specify the name as Final Stage, like they did with the Third Stage movie.

I guess we'll have to wait for more info, but it's not certain if it's Final Stage due to the summary and trailer hinting at Stage 1.

02-04-14, 5:27 AM

Hmm. If Final Stage is being separated into three movies, then fuck yes. Super excited. But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf

02-04-14, 5:40 AM

Doaj said:
But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit.

Have to agree, man. What's the point of that? -.-

02-04-14, 5:43 AM

Doaj said:
Hmm. If Final Stage is being separated into three movies, then fuck yes. Super excited. But if they're gonna sum up six stages in three movies, that's bullshit. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd say the first two movies are a summary of the first five stages, and the third one is Final Stage. There's not really enough material left for a TV series, neither for a movie trilogy. It's either the third movie, or they'll announce another movie/OVA after the third movie.

02-04-14, 5:56 AM

ZetaZaku said:

I'd be inclined to believe that the first two films will focus on some of the major battles and plot points, while the third film is Final Stage. There isn't enough content left for Final Stage to be its own series (maybe a set of OVAs would work, see the spoiler), so it would make sense if it's one of those films.

02-04-14, 6:31 AM
News Team
I'm editing the first post. I hope it does not confuse people. Thank you for your help, ZetaZaku.
Modified by tsubasalover, 02-04-14, 6:45 AM

02-04-14, 6:36 AM

YAY! More Initial D is always welcome!

02-04-14, 6:39 AM

I usually don't care for remake/summary movies but for this I don't mind if its rushed as long as I get to see them races and Hachiroku in HD.
Modified by Aozure, 02-04-14, 6:53 AM

02-04-14, 8:03 AM

As long as it's not too rushed, I don't mind. Otherwise, I'll be optimistic about this trilogy.

02-04-14, 8:25 AM

While I usually shy away from recap movies, I believe this could work. The first season started in 98, the art could definitely do with an upgrade. Hopefully it will be like everyone else is saying, two movies for recap and the last for Final Stage.

02-04-14, 8:55 AM

More initial d is good ^_^ recap or not I'll still watch it

02-04-14, 10:37 AM

so basically its just a summary that's it. Lot of anime are doing that nowadays instead of doing an origanial movie.

02-04-14, 10:39 AM

wtf lol I want a Final 26 ep season plz!!!

02-04-14, 11:25 AM

02-04-14, 4:20 PM

So a final tv series and 3 movies eh? But the movies are recaps? Screw that, I want more Initial D, not another retread. And hopefully Final Stage expands on the ending of the manga, cause it's kinda shit.

02-04-14, 6:05 PM

^ That's right, there's going to be a final movie and a retelling trilogy series. Not sure if the trilogy series will expand the story of the Takahashi brothers so we'll have to wait and see.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices