Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 9:23 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shit. He lived. Crap=(
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
May 3, 2009 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
Unless someone like Reishin was smothered, blood-gushing, heart-stopped or w/e he's obviously gonna live from a black hole.

Giga-exe...KICK-@$$!!!

Keita's root...wimp...
May 3, 2009 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
YuenSan said:

Keita's root...wimp...

Agreed.
May 5, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
What the hell?
Keita's not special at all...it's just a "special bond" between the two? That's dumber than dumb.
Of course Reishin is alive...why not?

I can't even put coherent thought's together I'm so aghast.
May 5, 2009 2:41 PM

Aug 2008
Thank you for dialing Kurokami!
Press "1" for long awaited, but still totally incoherent, magical power-up
Press "2" for "you are the anti-Christ who threw the world in ruin, but I'll just leave you with the sorrow of your defeat, 'cause I kinda feel sorry for you" speech
Press "3" for random plot-twist to fill the last 8 eps
Press "4" to bring back the dead
Press "5" for random scene with a girl shoving cucumber in her mouth

or
Press "#" and wait for our operator..
May 5, 2009 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
That was amazing episode agreed and perfectly logical if you think what the contract and contractee are all about and also how Kuro is the heiress blood line related member of the Lion God tribe hence the cyclic flow of Terra and double exceed marks.

Also Keita clearly knows that minus root, selfishness doesn't lead anywhere and that guy was his friend and that they had the same sort of goals but achieved them in a different manner.

Keita is "dead" at least Terra wise. He is now supported by Kuro's Terra and because of her lineage, close feelings between them too, her true power has been "awaken" like how in humans how we only use like 5% of our brain power but heck awesome fight scenes and music and drama ftw.

I'm curious why Reishen is so powerful though without a contractor.

I miss Steiners contractor though and the lady in the F40 (who had a sub)

Overall Goals

Reishen - destroy the stones controlling fate, destroy/rule the world

Kuraki (failed) - remove Reishen, influence the world with master roots, keep subs away from roots once enough influence in world established.

Keita - Defeat Reishen, destroy the fate system and let people decide their own fate in life.
AlliedGMay 5, 2009 3:46 PM
May 5, 2009 4:33 PM
May 2008
Boo... for arbitrary solutions... Yay, for the apocalypse!!!

New character so that should be... interesting at the very least. It's also too bad they didn't do anything with Keita's root since this episode practically omitted the last... but I guess that is to be expected from the Kurokami anime.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 5, 2009 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
Well about 8 episodes before the end.

Its a different arc from the manga which is kinda refreshing I think and at least these episodes have plenty of decent fights with hints of mystery (what happened to Akane, the super terra girl, the noble ones which are defectors)

Also nice cliffhanger with the holy land and a wild looking reishen appearing and also how it showed it to be a global event e.g. Paris.
May 5, 2009 5:35 PM

Jul 2008
OMG THE HOLY LAND, and wow i knew it =he was somehow still alive =D

dang each episode and fight it always looks likes it's Keita's last battle but somehow comething crazy happends and of course they win XD, dang i think i have to have this anime prized for it's amazing twisting of plots,

Am3692 said:
YuenSan said:

Keita's root...wimp...

Agreed.

LOL @ that , he just ran away watch him reappear somehow thanks to Kurokami's amazing plot twists lolz

May 5, 2009 5:56 PM

Jul 2008
AlliedG said:
That was amazing episode agreed and perfectly logical if you think what the contract and contractee are all about and also how Kuro is the heiress blood line related member of the Lion God tribe hence the cyclic flow of Terra and double exceed marks.
overall,i really enjoyed the episode^^ Kuro's exceed is awesome!^^
May 5, 2009 8:37 PM

Mar 2009
Nice ep. Finally used something instead of mega exe >_>
May 6, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
The end was good with Holy Land appearing. But otherwise...

May 6, 2009 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
Bagonirix said:
Nice ep. Finally used something instead of mega exe >_>

I thought every character only had one exceed lol? but meh it was nice to see her giant punch, also before double exceed, her entire body was on fire?
May 6, 2009 3:44 AM
Jul 2008
Fail, Keita lives from something other than being a root...
As for Reishin being alive, he's a lot better villain than Kuraki.
Funny how the "Holy" land is causing havoc to the human world.
May 6, 2009 6:03 PM

Sep 2008
Kira in my Kurokami.
I approve.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2009 6:49 PM

Jun 2007
wow that was a pretty good episode. Not was good as the past two but still good.

Sucks that Akane's sub died. I honestly thought they where gonna add more depth to that but I guess not. I wonder if Akane is on the island waiting for Keita and crew to save her :P.
May 6, 2009 7:00 PM

Apr 2009
Good episode.

Keita and Kuro pretty much will have to spend the rest of their lives together now that Kuro's tera is keep him alive. I wonder how Akane would feel about that? ;)

I am kinda hoping now with the double exceed crests that Keita and Kuro can pull off something better than Mega or Giga Exceed....
May 6, 2009 7:22 PM

Aug 2008
Just had a thought...Akane's sub gets saved by Reishin like Kuro saved Keita.
May 6, 2009 8:00 PM

Feb 2009
noteDhero said:

hmm.. can't really see that one happening since Reishin and Akane sub didnt have a contract to begin with, and she must be all nice and bloated after a few hours sleeping with some fishies. But then again this IS kurokami so nothing is out of the question, heck let's watch them bring back all the people that died in the first ep, that would be a plot twist.
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

May 7, 2009 12:01 AM
Oct 2008
Hmm interesting episode. I'm surprised noone has mentioned the brief scene after Keita dies, that depicted Kuro in evil bitch insanity mode... was that a flashback or something? She clearly wasn't pissed off when the double synchro showed up.
May 7, 2009 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Omegaoveride said:
Good episode.

Keita and Kuro pretty much will have to spend the rest of their lives together now that Kuro's tera is keep him alive. I wonder how Akane would feel about that? ;)

I am kinda hoping now with the double exceed crests that Keita and Kuro can pull off something better than Mega or Giga Exceed....

Tera Exe!!!!! (lol, pun)

QuantumFluxx said:
Hmm interesting episode. I'm surprised noone has mentioned the brief scene after Keita dies, that depicted Kuro in evil bitch insanity mode... was that a flashback or something? She clearly wasn't pissed off when the double synchro showed up.

Yeah, I remember that scene. The moment I saw it, I thought maybe it had to do with what Shinra was talking about. Wasn't he saying something about how it all began when Kuro was born?
May 7, 2009 2:40 AM

Jan 2009
Ah so that's where giga exe is. Was wondering where it went in the fight with the other guy and Shinobu on that island.

Common sense wise, if tera is being transfered from the mototsumitama into the contractee, shouldn't the mototsumitama be weakened instead of strengthened? That's srsly kinda stupid, since theres no gain or loss in tera, so the mototsumitama should have the same strength she has before the synchro. The main reason synchro powered them up was coz of the surge in tera? so this really is contradictory. The animators should have thought up a better storyline, and if they can't just follow the manga.
May 7, 2009 3:07 AM

Jan 2009
halberdiers said:
Ah so that's where giga exe is. Was wondering where it went in the fight with the other guy and Shinobu on that island.

Common sense wise, if tera is being transfered from the mototsumitama into the contractee, shouldn't the mototsumitama be weakened instead of strengthened? That's srsly kinda stupid, since theres no gain or loss in tera, so the mototsumitama should have the same strength she has before the synchro. The main reason synchro powered them up was coz of the surge in tera? so this really is contradictory. The animators should have thought up a better storyline, and if they can't just follow the manga.

It must be the power...of LOVE!

Anyway, looking forward to Reishin's comeback.
And possibly Kuro in evil bitch insanity mode as QuantumFluxx mentioned.
May 7, 2009 6:37 AM

Apr 2009
Well I don't see any mystery with Kuro suddenly getting more power(the super insanity bitch mode as QuantumFluxx said, ha it will be interesting if Keita and Kuro become the new enemies) and then sharing it with Keita to bring him back from the brink of death.

And also her getting more power has something to do with the quality of their synchro and tera control("deep" & "dense")(looking at it again I guess this happened before Keita almost died but still can't count it out). wont be surprised if zaon47 is right.

This show has been entertaining ever since Keita stopped being a stupid sob.
madaodonoMay 7, 2009 6:43 AM
May 7, 2009 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
Ehh.. I wasn't really surprised that Keita lived. I was actually kind of hoping that he'd die so that there would actually be something unexpected happening in this series. But I was wondering when the advantages of Kuro being the princess would finally come in handy. It's about time with that one.
May 7, 2009 4:24 PM

Jun 2007
Billbo88 said:
noteDhero said:

hmm.. can't really see that one happening since Reishin and Akane sub didnt have a contract to begin with, and she must be all nice and bloated after a few hours sleeping with some fishies. But then again this IS kurokami so nothing is out of the question, heck let's watch them bring back all the people that died in the first ep, that would be a plot twist.

Keita didn't have a contract with Kuro either. I think noteDhero's idea could happen. Either that or Reishin forces a contract with Akane.
May 7, 2009 4:30 PM

Oct 2008
It was actually good up until when Keita died. I knew up until this point something like this was going to happen, but the whole way Keita came back seemed particularly contrive. That's it, oh terra is flowing between them now and somehow it's more powerful than it was before so they can beat everyone in a few punches before the episode is over, and leave Kuraki crying on the ground. It was just way too much.
May 8, 2009 12:57 PM

Sep 2008
I enjoyed the action ^^ of course they have to add "oh know he's dead oh wait...not" in here. All in all though I enjoyed it ^^. Oh and I lol'd at the part where Keita's root ran away xD

May 9, 2009 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
Some would say it cliche but at least they made it fast paced and cool.

The strength is about synchronisation and potential unlocked by the power of the heart or whatever.

Also if everyone had to follow fate, then kinda pointless trying to destroy it right since fate would have intervened and stopped Reishen?
May 9, 2009 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
I guess some people just don't die even when they're killed.
May 10, 2009 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
I was really spinning on him to stay dead. Keita, not Reishin.
May 11, 2009 9:24 AM

Sep 2008
This ep was mainly haxs.. Kaita died (hax revive), after death (hax damage/attack)... come on... we dont need this

hax tool -tribal crests..
May 13, 2009 1:58 AM

Sep 2008
ok well my first post on the kurokami boards since ep1 since i ended up getting distracted and just leaving the series at ep4 for months. (well i went to japan in some of that time so it was worth it!!) but i finally caught up to this point.

I personally have been really enjoying this series since episode 10. The series had some major faults earlier but it has picked up a lot now. I will admit there is still some bad things about it and it was quite cliche in some ways but i think they have provided some brilliantly animated fights that are very entertaining to watch, some interesting plot ideas as well as twists, and various other things.

I know people think that keita being revived was dumb, but well it was very unlikely they would kill him there. And think about it people, at least he wasen't revived from the power of love! He actually has a logical reason to still be living, and that's the fact his tera is now connected with kuro. It pretty much means Kuro is now Keita's life suply. If she dies, he dies. We don't exactly know how they formed it this connection though. Maybe like some people think, it's some sort of thing unique to Kuro's tribe? maybe it is their bond? maybe they were able to connect because of Keita's ability to control his tera and being a sub? Curious if they will explain it though.

And well i knew Reishin would survive, but im curious how hes going to be. Obviously hes going to be be/appear as the bad guy but maybe he has the same goals as Kuro and Keita? Also i would quite like to see the possibility of Akane being rescued like Keita and forming a contract with something (maybe Reishin who knows). Then again i wouldn't mind seeing Akane die, i freakin hate her. Hmm i think that's enough for now, also since ep17 will be subbed any day now i bet.
May 13, 2009 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
I know people think that keita being revived was dumb, but well it was very unlikely they would kill him there. And think about it people, at least he wasen't revived from the power of love! He actually has a logical reason to still be living, and that's the fact his tera is now connected with kuro. It pretty much means Kuro is now Keita's life suply. If she dies, he dies. We don't exactly know how they formed it this connection though. Maybe like some people think, it's some sort of thing unique to Kuro's tribe? maybe it is their bond? maybe they were able to connect because of Keita's ability to control his tera and being a sub?
Somehow, the power of love doesn't sound so bad anymore :D
May 13, 2009 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
I'm pretty sure it's the power of love. Everyone keeps commenting on the depth of their bond and how that affects his use of Tera. Personally, I think that's because of Kuro's persistence in protecting Keita and less about Keita in any way. If this were Akane or anyone else, the bond would be just as deep.

But it's love, so what can we do?
May 13, 2009 9:36 PM

Sep 2008
hmm i still don't think it's the power of love. I think there's a possibility something like that formed because of a true bond between them. Think about it, most contracts are made for power. There's was made for his survival. Maybe the fact that the contract was what saved his life has part in it?
May 13, 2009 11:19 PM

Jan 2009
That stupid resurrection ;/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2009 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I'm pretty sure it's the power of love. Everyone keeps commenting on the depth of their bond and how that affects his use of Tera. Personally, I think that's because of Kuro's persistence in protecting Keita and less about Keita in any way. If this were Akane or anyone else, the bond would be just as deep.

The fact that she has his heart in her and he has her's may play a role too.
May 14, 2009 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
DeathfireD said:
noteDhero said:

The fact that she has his heart in her and he has her's may play a role too.

exactly what i said pretty much, since she was the reason he didn't die. I don't think the other contracts are like that.
May 31, 2009 10:37 AM

Jun 2008
I am actually going to rate this episode with as "loved it!" Just because it was so nice to see that stupid smirk wiped off of Daichi's face!
Jun 1, 2009 1:30 PM

Sep 2008
patient_senses said:
Ehh.. I wasn't really surprised that Keita lived. I was actually kind of hoping that he'd die so that there would actually be something unexpected happening in this series. But I was wondering when the advantages of Kuro being the princess would finally come in handy. It's about time with that one.

I agree. I had a feeling that Keita would have lived throughout the series. It would be a shocker though if he died. We'll have to see. (:
Jun 15, 2009 9:15 AM
Mar 2009
oh no its the holy land!!!!

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jan 20, 2011 12:29 PM

Feb 2010
QuantumFluxx said:
Eh? I thought that was Reishin, transferring his own terra to those two so he could get rid of the guy who sealed him, so he can revive and kill ****ing everyone.
Dec 28, 2011 10:27 PM

Sep 2009
The whole time...I was saying....he's a main character...he can't die =_=
I actually wanted him to die as well...would of been a super plot twist

Kuro just went Super Saiyan!!!!!
Apr 24, 2013 7:44 AM
Dec 2010
it makes less and less sense but it is still entertaining so it's ok i guess.
I expected MC to get revived somehow. It was pretty much predictable -> usual part. It would suck if main guy died in half of the anime anyway so np..
but what i don't get is why all ppl "died" while just main and secondary chars stayed unaffected ? :P
Guess there's another definition of being "chosen" aside from being master root...
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyApr 24, 2013 7:52 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Nov 28, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2008
Holy shit well at least we know that he is still alive but now the question is why but i guess will just have to wait n see but now on to the next episode and i hope it gives us more answers.
Sep 7, 2015 10:22 PM
Jun 2014
Why does everyone want Keita to die? I think the guy is pretty cool and I'm glad he came back to life.
May 2, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
Manage or Change .. Fate . The Ideal world is up-to-date .
Synchronization leveled up !! Awesome exchange of Exceeds !!
Great Episode . The Boss is back ~ .
Aug 9, 2023 12:57 PM

Dec 2022
if Keita got revived then I guess it makes sense that Reishin is too. It's a bit of a shame, since Reishin isn't an interesting or nuanced character, unlike Kuraki.

"Pure Land" magically appears and chokes the planet to death with satanic background music. Doesn't seem very pure to me.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jun 18, 2009

121 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.