MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ookami to Koushinryou II: Ookami to Kohakuiro no Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ookami to Koushinryou II: Ookami to Kohakuiro no Yuuutsu »» Ookami to Koushinryou II: Ookami to Kohakuiro no Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Ookami to Koushinryou II: Ookami to Kohakuiro no Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

129 62.62%
4 out of 5: Liked it

53 25.73%
3 out of 5: It was OK

22 10.68%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.97%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 206

05-02-09, 9:36 AM

Ah good old Spice and Wolf. Great as usual, want season 2 now!

PS: I'm stealing that facepalm pic for my forum avatar.

05-02-09, 9:44 AM

God, it's so good to have Horo back!

Interesting ep, lots of great, cute Horo moments, but what I found really interesting was her dream sequences. I wonder how much they'll expand upon them in the new season.

I'm sufficiently psyched for season 2. Bring it on!

05-02-09, 9:54 AM

DaBigD said:
Rebella said:
I love Horo<3
Someone post a pic of Horo's faceplam xDD

Anyway, BSS' subs are out for your enjoyment.

Thanks ;***********

Yes I'm gratefult hat we can watch it subbed.
The feeling of familiarity with the characters and everything is just awesome even though the first season only had 12 episodes.

Byou said:
Kind of something else compared to the other stuff airing at the moment :] Can't wait for the new season.

Amen.

I see that reaper beat me to it XDDDD nice avatar anyways :3
Can't help it! Horo rocks!

05-02-09, 10:22 AM

<3 Horo...

This was a great little episode to bring me back into why I loved season one so much. Seeing Horo get so much more flustered over Lawrence was great.

The nose part was great, when Lawrence went to check her temperature and she was going to say it was like we just kissed...

Getting all temperamental when Lawrence wasn't around...

Still getting excited over apples... she is so cute when she does that, maybe even more so this episode with the apple cider and sheep's milk / apples dish Lawrence made.

Ahh can't wait till season 2!

05-02-09, 11:24 AM

I totally love that anime I was waiting for the second season forever. I think the art is a little different but everything is good can't wait for it to start!

05-02-09, 11:56 AM

the music was a bit strange imo.
but good to see holo back. it was a really nice paced episode. but maybe a little too slow. since it was a ova it was ok.

05-02-09, 11:59 AM

i wouldn't consider horo's nakid scenes to be fan service. especially when you consider what context they portray. this was a good setup episode for the next season. there was a serious moment though, where she realizes just how fragile Lawrence is(and ultimately will become)

the music was kind of annoying, but its not that big of a deal.

05-02-09, 12:05 PM

That was a great warm-up for the new season. I enjoyed some of the ideas the OVA touched on.

One thing I didn't like though - since when was Horo so cutesy? Somehow I remember her being slightly less, well, moe. Or is it just me?

05-02-09, 12:37 PM

url_elf said:

One thing I didn't like though - since when was Horo so cutesy? Somehow I remember her being slightly less, well, moe. Or is it just me?

We never really saw Horo's outright affections towards Lawrence through the story (so far). More than often we got bits of that "sexual tension" between the two with her teasing and her obvious jealousy towards Nola later on.

I think the OVA had a good setup, Horo becoming "sick" gave her time to really think about how much different life has been with Lawrence and how she doesn't want to loose it. Hence giving us the "lighter" side of Horo.

Modified by Omegaoveride, 05-02-09, 12:40 PM

05-02-09, 12:42 PM

Omegaoveride said:
url_elf said:

We never really saw Horo's outright affections towards Lawrence through the story (so far). More than often we got bits of that "sexual tension" between the two with her teasing and her obvious jealousy towards Nola later on.

That was one of the things I liked most about the pairing. Hopefully the second season doesn't incorporate too much of these cutesy moments. *Fingers crossed*

05-02-09, 12:50 PM

LucySky said:
Omegaoveride said:
url_elf said:

That was one of the things I liked most about the pairing. Hopefully the second season doesn't incorporate too much of these cutesy moments. *Fingers crossed*

True, I agree the atmosphere of the first series is what hooked me too. If it were to be more of the "love struck" girl ditsy moments the second series just wont have that chemistry any more.

05-02-09, 12:59 PM

I think it will be ok to have a little bit of this Horo in season 2....

But we still need this Horo....

05-02-09, 1:44 PM

Charliehsv said:
lupi_san said:
Am I the only one who didn't understand Nora and Horo's joke at the end? xD

They were talking about Lawrence and laughed at how he didn't realize what was going on at all :P

What does it mean to have an open heart when you're herding sheep? Does that mean Lawrence is the sheep, and that when "herding" him, Horo should be more forgiving?
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
- Robert Sewell

05-02-09, 2:13 PM

Liri said:
Charliehsv said:
lupi_san said:
Am I the only one who didn't understand Nora and Horo's joke at the end? xD

They were talking about Lawrence and laughed at how he didn't realize what was going on at all :P

What does it mean to have an open heart when you're herding sheep? Does that mean Lawrence is the sheep, and that when "herding" him, Horo should be more forgiving?

Basically to have an open heart with a man.

Keep in mind that Horo is a wolf deity and not a woman. Since this OVA was more about her feelings about Lawrence she was asking "advice" from Nola.

Horo obviously senses Lawrence's attraction to Nola and wonders why he is seems to be so brain dead around her at times. "Shepherds" and "Sheep" was a reference to a woman attracting a man. Towards the end when Horo replies about shepherds thinking they are clever was Horo's "outing" Nola's intentions/feelings towards Lawrence. Hence why she was embarrassed when Lawrence came into the conversation.

05-02-09, 2:27 PM

I hadnt realized how much I've missed Horo(whom the guys at BSS annoyingly call Holo) till I watched this... now I cant wait for the second season.

I could do without the opening music though....

05-02-09, 3:03 PM

Good episode with Horo x Lawrence indeed.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

05-02-09, 4:13 PM

Asako said:
I just hope you call her Horo not Holo. Seeing groups call her Holo is depressing.

The thing is, that her official name is actually "Holo." As long as you don't pronounce it with an English L, but with a Japanese "[r/l]o" you get a good sounding name.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this first episode and can't wait for the second season. It's been awhile since I saw the original, but I don't believe they ever put Holo's love interest with Lawrence really out in the open like this; so it's definitely going to be interesting.

05-02-09, 4:46 PM

Ah good to see Holo again. Wasn't quite like the first season, but Spice and Wolf is really relaxing. I'm pretty hyped for season 2 now.

05-02-09, 5:37 PM

LucySky said:
I didn't mind the art as much as I thought I would. Horo felt a bit out of character at some points however. Obviously the whole love triangle thing was played up for the OVA but Horo's shy and blushing moments were a bit much at times. Still left a smile on my face and I'm hoping for something a little more substantial in season two.

I agree much with what you say. I think it was a tad different from the first season where in Horo's personality changed quite a bit into a more lovestruck harem girl than the clever smart wise wolf we all loved. Even Horo's speech tone differed, but that might be because of the atmosphere of this whole episode it brings out. The animation itself to me i believe has taken a decline along with subtle character designs from the previous season although that is to be expected knowing its being done by a different production company now. Thats a matter of preference though. I know this shouldn't be criticized to much knowing that this is more of a fun get-back-into episode having really nothing to do with the overall story. Hopefully by June when the new season starts they'll get back with the roots of what the first season did and hook us in like just like before.
Modified by makezh22, 05-02-09, 5:44 PM

05-02-09, 5:47 PM

I like the "new" Horo better than the last one so I'm digging this

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices