MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shinkai Makoto Comes Back Home From One Year Stay in London [Updated]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Shinkai Makoto Comes Back Home From One Year Stay in London [Updated]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
07-17-09, 11:05 AM

Thought he'd say in London for longer to get inspiration, I was lucky enough to meet him at the BFI when they showed "5 Centimeters Per Second" on the big screen.

He signed my DVD and I shook his hand/took a photo with him, which was awesome. He's very polite and I'm looking forward to his next piece of work.

07-19-09, 9:48 PM

was hoping for a new movie...........but is w8ing for more newz abt d anime

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your f*cking comments to yourself. Thank you.

07-28-09, 11:43 AM

Beatnik said:
How about just tackling his usual auteur-ish tendencies (long distance relationships in a post-modern society) and just grounding it in reality with no sci-fi nonsense, just one person in Japan, one person in the UK, and watching them deal with the distance.

Or is that too boring for anime which just has to have heavy genre influences in it somewhere? (and if it doesnt then its hilariously automatically labelled 'slice of life', but that's another debate entirely...)

That actually sounds like a good story idea in a way. I bet he'd somehow make it work into an awesome emotional ride.

07-28-09, 12:39 PM

That's great news :D

08-03-09, 2:41 PM

Another Shinkai Makoto anime means I get more music from Tenmon which makes me very happy.

08-03-09, 2:44 PM

Tenmon music is always win. One of the reasons why Shinkai's works are so great.

08-15-09, 10:01 PM

Maybe an European setting this time with Japanese mentality! That'd be great

06-12-12, 10:52 AM

its been 3 years but, any update?
An unpleasant man of African American decent has illegally taken my two wheeled transportation device.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices