Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2007 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
I was fine most of the way. I swear I was. But I got a bit teary eyed when everyone remembered the starfish at the same time towards the end.
Dec 1, 2007 2:33 AM

Nov 2007
I thought I cried a little too much the first time around... and wow... rewatching it I just bawled like twice as hard.

Definitely worth rewatching if you like to baww.
Dec 1, 2007 3:25 AM

Aug 2007
As much as I thought the Fuuko-Arc to drag out... I have to admit, that my dams broke in sync with Tomoyas. When he started crying at the wedding I was too...
Great finish for a good arc, which I just felt to take one or two episodes too long.
Dec 1, 2007 3:47 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I haven't cried watching anime for a long time but this was so sad :'(
I really liked the episode and it's a pity that we won't see Fuko again T_T

*goes to her corner and cries*
Dec 1, 2007 4:34 AM

Apr 2007
Vertago said:
OH man I tried....but when Fuko gave her sister the star.....;-; Great ep....I read a rumor that CLANNAD maybe 52 eps? Wait...what? well we are already at 9eps and they have only finished 1 arc.....hmmmm....

mickal555 said:
(Btw fuko didn't really take up 9 episodes though, the first few were introductions 'n that)

Exactly what mickal said. Fuko's arc didn't really begin on episode 1. We had the introdution to Nagisa, Tomoya helping Nagisa stablish the drama club, and all of the helping he gave her was part of Nagisa's arc, not Fuko. Fuko's only started the moment Tomoya started paying more attention to her and we got background to her story. That was in episode 4.
Dec 1, 2007 4:57 AM

Jul 2007
Call me heartless, but I'm kind of glad the Fuko arc is over.

All I was wondering the whole time is if Clannad will end up more like Kannon, where

Dec 1, 2007 7:53 AM

Aug 2007
Lovely epiosode. Everything was perfect. I cried twice
Dec 1, 2007 9:20 AM

Aug 2007
A great episode, the episode had me teary eyed.

I can't wait for he next episode, since it looks like it's Kotomi's arc now, and out of all the characters that I seen so far I like her the most.
Dec 1, 2007 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
loved this ep, really key/kyoani... ;_; I cried, and really loved fuko-chan

about next arc.. i'm no so attracted by kotomi for now... but i can't wait for the next ep! xD

Dec 1, 2007 3:43 PM
Nov 2007
m-boy said:
D= This is one of those episodes where I think: Do I need to cry here? It definitely didn't have a large impact on me, though some parts were quite notable. The wedding and after was ok, but since everything before that didn't really do anything to me, it kinda lacked the emotional upbuild in which those scenes are supposed to blow me away. I'm looking forward to the next episode. Bye Fuko, I have a heart of stone, I won't miss you. D=

Exactly my thoughts, everything in this episode just happened too sudden, with almost no emotional upbuild at all. I did not feel sad at all. They used music so much better to raise impact in Air and Kanon. The song after the wedding was nice, but other than that the music seemed almost non-existant... or maybe Clannad simply has a weaker soundtrack... Visuals were at the same level as usual, nothing to complain about there.

I had very high expectation for Clannad, but this arc did a good job at lowering them. Hopefully Tensai-girl will be able to strike my weak spot now when my guard is low.
Dec 1, 2007 5:14 PM

Jun 2007
awesome episode, i might miss fuu-chan

fuuko explaining her dream was awesome, like most of the parts of this episode.
she coming back after okazaki and nagisa remember her was kind of expected, but it was still beautiful.

there is not a lot to say about this other than.... it was really amazing

i am not of those who cry a lot, but this episode made me feel sad... once again
Dec 1, 2007 5:16 PM
Jun 2007
Wow! That was an awesome episode!!!
But, what will be the plot after Fuku-chan desapeared?
Dec 1, 2007 5:24 PM

May 2007
Wow, this had me in tears..
Dec 1, 2007 8:06 PM

Sep 2007
Usually it takes someone getting hurt or dying in an anime to make me cry, but if Fuko doesn't show up again, I probably will. XD I'm glad it ended happily with the wedding and not something sad like everyone forgetting her.

Dec 1, 2007 10:03 PM

Jun 2007
This ep was amazing. I was truly touched by it.

PS. The principal is the man! "Look closely" "Could it have been her sister"? I wonder if he knew all along and never forgot.
Dec 1, 2007 10:08 PM

Jan 2007
amazing episode and definitely cried a lot, i'm one of those people who doesn't like fuku but this episode extends beyond my expectations... now i'm really going to miss fuku
Life without Purpose
blog | multiply | flickr

Dec 1, 2007 10:13 PM
Nov 2007
Very good, I love this series.
Dec 2, 2007 6:01 AM

Aug 2007
:D I didn't cry but it was sad and yet beautiful.

Dec 2, 2007 11:37 AM

Mar 2007
Wow, that scene where Tomoya and Nagisa remember Fuko and then she "appears" between them again, but she had actually been there all along.......took my breath away.

I was pretty much blubbery from that point to the end of the ep T_T
You've come a long way, baby.
Dec 2, 2007 3:01 PM
Dec 2007
_Sakura_ said:
Wow, that scene where Tomoya and Nagisa remember Fuko and then she "appears" between them again, but she had actually been there all along.......took my breath away.

That's where my emtional breakdown began, to tell the truth. She just seemed so sad, like she had been forever trying to reach them yet couldn't. Almost like she just couldn't bear losing the last link she had to life. If she doesn't wake up, I'll not be amused.

I'm kind of thinking the Principal always knew yet kept quiet. He was the one who helped them set the wedding up without too many questions.

Dec 2, 2007 5:50 PM
Aug 2007
Kotomi's arc will be fucking awesome.

Write it down.
Dec 2, 2007 5:58 PM

Jul 2007
Hmm... interesting episode. They did it more effectively then I thought they would.
Dec 2, 2007 7:21 PM

Oct 2007
Beautiful episode.
I couldn't help but cry T_T
We'll always remember you Fuu-chan.
Dec 2, 2007 10:02 PM

Nov 2004
Wow, I actually got teary-eyed! OMG, this is amazing. This is the person who never got teary-eyed or cried during Kanon (2006), and who laughed out loud during death scenes in a certain movie while the rest of the class were in tears. And I read some of this thread before watching the episode, and I was like all... "PFFFT! I won't cry / get teary - eyed, I don't even like Fuko!". I was wrong, dunno why, I just got a bit teary and my vision blurred when Tomoya was telling Ibuki-sensei to have a happy life for the person they stayed with because they liked her.

I hope from here, Clannad only gets better. :D
Dec 3, 2007 2:12 AM

Nov 2007
I Absolutely Balled my eyes out.

I was sobbing.

I thought fu-chan was guna die, but I supose shes going to wake up later in the series..?
Dec 3, 2007 6:20 AM
Apr 2007
I honestly cried! It's still amazing, what Key/KyoAni's works can do! ^___^

Though I wonder...we haven't heard anything about that girl and the little robot...you know, in the intro, before the OP starts? I hope we'll be seeing a bit more about them, I'd like to know more about it.

And I wonder about Kotomi's arc, it looked superly cute though, when she asked everyone if they were bullies. XD
Dec 3, 2007 6:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kagemaru said:
Though I wonder...we haven't heard anything about that girl and the little robot...you know, in the intro, before the OP starts? I hope we'll be seeing a bit more about them, I'd like to know more about it.

I first thought it could be Nagisa but quickly threw that thought away seeing that the hair style doesn't match at all, neither does the voice - it was just a quick thought. From all the characters we've seen so far, she resembles Sanae, Nagisa's mother, the most. Guess we'll find out soon enough. :D

kagemaru said:
And I wonder about Kotomi's arc, it looked superly cute though, when she asked everyone if they were bullies. XD

Yep, thought so, too. It's probably the idea Kotomi has of regular school life and one of the reasons she prefers to study alone. Can't wait.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 3, 2007 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
Great episode - 5/5
Dec 3, 2007 4:36 PM

Nov 2007
I was sobbing quietly until 19:00, then she popped out of nowhere, and bam! she's back to congratulate and say goodbye to her sister. It sort of ruined the ending for me. I wanted the whole "forgetting arc" to last longer than 1/2 an episode. I felt like it was rushed, and done to build up the tensions and angst in a final emotional hit. Don't take me wrong, I loved the first 19 min, but the ending just didn't have the punch I was expecting. Just my little rant.
Dec 3, 2007 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
_Sakura_ said:

That's where my emotional breakdown began, to tell the truth. She just seemed so sad, like she had been forever trying to reach them yet couldn't. Almost like she just couldn't bear losing the last link she had to life. If she doesn't wake up, I'll not be amused.

I'm kind of thinking the Principal always knew yet kept quiet. He was the one who helped them set the wedding up without too many questions.

Even for me I just got really into the emotion of the episode. I think they played out the episode very well and executed it in a very similar style to Kannon. Feel free to disagree with me but I definitely feel a connection with the whole series now. But Where will they go from here?
Dec 3, 2007 9:53 PM

Aug 2007
Emotional connection with Kanon is one thing, Air is a totally different story altogether. Fuko's arc doesn't compare at all to Misuzu's story, but I'm being bias here due to my innate hatred of anything related to Ayu =P

My personal opinion, kyoani really needs to step up when it comes to supposed tear-jerking moments. They set the bar way too high with titles such as Air and Kanon, not so much with Kanon though. Unless an episode of Clannad can bring me the same emotional attachment I felt with episode 13 of Air, Clannad will never live up to its hype =P

*Kanon didn't really affect me as much as Air, but the Nayuki fanboy within me forgave that fact* xD
Dec 4, 2007 1:37 AM

Oct 2007
PimpToad said:
Emotional connection with Kanon is one thing, Air is a totally different story altogether. Fuko's arc doesn't compare at all to Misuzu's story, but I'm being bias here due to my innate hatred of anything related to Ayu =P

My personal opinion, kyoani really needs to step up when it comes to supposed tear-jerking moments. They set the bar way too high with titles such as Air and Kanon, not so much with Kanon though. Unless an episode of Clannad can bring me the same emotional attachment I felt with episode 13 of Air, Clannad will never live up to its hype =P

*Kanon didn't really affect me as much as Air, but the Nayuki fanboy within me forgave that fact* xD

I have to disagree with that, Kanon effected me much more than Air did...
I think the main reason was how weird Air was and how fast the episodes when, I did not feel attached to the main characters too much with Air, as much as i did with Kanon!
Clannad though is much more to my taste as it involves much better Comedy than Kanon as well as Drama! That's what i am loving!
FriendlysoulDec 4, 2007 3:47 PM
Dec 4, 2007 6:00 AM

Apr 2007
I think although the titles are all pretty similar, of course, being written by the same person and everything, it's wrong to try and place all of them in the same level. You can't compare Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship, for example, with any of the other pairings since it's developing in a completely different level. Although all three 'main females', Nagisa, Ayu and Misuzu are all so different it's hard to keep expecting the same emotion to come from the three titles.

As far as Clannad is concerned, it still needs to get better.

I think what we can compare is the pace of things. And by the time Makoto's arc ended, there was much more to be expected. I think the same can be said about Clannad. So Fuko's story wasn't as touching. But there's much more to come.
Dec 4, 2007 8:49 AM

Oct 2007
This episode was so beautiful and touching. I cried at the end. ;__;
I'll miss Fu-chan~
But yay, next is Kotomi. :DD
Dec 4, 2007 5:06 PM

Aug 2007
Ah well without Air, we probably won't even have Kanon or Clannad. Have to remember that Air was so good that it warranted a Kanon remake, then a Clannad teaser to prevent kyoani from being mobbed by Nayuki fans =P

*pitchfork still ready and sharpened*

I know Clannad will get better in the future episodes, kyoani always delivers. The problem is that the other shows with only 1 cour is totally eclipsing Clannad right now. Anime like ef would probably have me completely mesmerized by the time Clannad finally gets into Nagisa's arc. Then of course comes the inevitable magic and miracles thing that Key is known for, so whatever ending they can come up with is predictable to those who haven't touched the VN yet.

I found Fuko's story to be quite touching, but certain factors prevented me from being emotionally connected to it. Those being my deep rooted hatred for anything related to Ayu, she should have stayed in that coma damnit! and the great episode that is ef 8 and 9 =P

Kotomi doesn't look like she has much to offer in terms of storyline, maybe her arc will be more fun so to speak. I don't really see Kyou contributing much to the story either, well other than she likes Tomoya and like any harem male lead, he has no clue.

Ah well enough ranting...
*waits for Clannad 10*

Kotomi-chan~ xD
Dec 4, 2007 5:13 PM
Dec 2007
Kotomi doesn't look like she has much to offer in terms of storyline, maybe her arc will be more fun so to speak. I don't really see Kyou contributing much to the story either, well other than she likes Tomoya and like any harem male lead, he has no clue.

That's the same feeling I'm getting. Unless there's some very hidden secret (I wouldn't discard the possibility), this will likely focus more on the harem/comedy aspect. Fuko just had "DRAMA!!!" written all over ever since you heard of the ghost girl who handed presents back in Episode 1.

Dec 5, 2007 4:22 AM

Apr 2007
I think Kotomi's story will be more cutesy than drama-y. Which is a great thing for more Nagisa x Tomoya development >_> <_<
Dec 5, 2007 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
No idea what clannad would become in the next arc. but this episode makes me cry so hard.
Dec 22, 2007 9:56 PM

Aug 2007
Oh, this episode will make you cry if you don't try to compare Air with it! -_-' It made me want to cry so badly. It's been a hour since I've watched it, and I still want to cry! Thank you, KyoAni, for making such a touching scene. T_T
Dec 23, 2007 5:23 AM
Dec 2007
aly_angelflight said:
Oh, this episode will make you cry if you don't try to compare Air with it! -_-' It made me want to cry so badly. It's been a hour since I've watched it, and I still want to cry! Thank you, KyoAni, for making such a touching scene. T_T
I guess it is a blessing I never watched either Air nor Kannon. Well, I tried watching Kannon, but the slow start killed me.

Dec 23, 2007 5:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Your loss, both Kanon 2006 (there are only two 'n' in the name by the way, not three) and Air are masterpieces.
cyruzJan 26, 2008 4:16 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 5:30 AM
Dec 2007
cyruz said:
Your loss, both Kanon 2006 (there are only two 'n' in the name by the way, not three) are masterpieces.
Oh sorry... I guess it is my loss *shrug*

Dec 23, 2007 5:53 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Obviously. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 6:59 AM
Oct 2007
Yup, they're great.

Though the 2002 kanon isn't...

Killer chin of death ftl
Dec 28, 2007 12:43 AM

Nov 2007
-AtaraxiA- said:
Yea so I watched this episode at school and I pretty much started crying in front of everybody. oO

Watching episode 8-9 in public = bad idea. Or at least really awkward >>;;

Leon-Gun said:
_Sakura_ said:

That's where my emotional breakdown began, to tell the truth. She just seemed so sad, like she had been forever trying to reach them yet couldn't. Almost like she just couldn't bear losing the last link she had to life. If she doesn't wake up, I'll not be amused.

Same T_T, I really didn't expect them to remember her again :(
And ditto to the principal, I think he might be the only one to completely remember everything... strange o_O

PimpToad said:
...kyoani always delivers...

That's 4chan* but close ;)

Anyways, this friggen pisses me off.
First Kanon, now Clannad? I go probably... hell, 7 years without crying (possibly longer) and I get hit by the C-Bomb twice within a single month!? T_T

I haven't watched Air yet, going to start it right after I'm caught up with Clannad :)
Jan 26, 2008 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
Great ending for that little story.
Jan 27, 2008 5:37 PM

Jul 2007
That was an amazing episode! Only in a few animes have I actually cried and this is one of them. Fuko was adorable! I really hope they don't kill her off.
Feb 13, 2008 5:43 PM

Oct 2007
When Fuko fell asleep I knew something was about to happen because "Fuko never sleeps"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2008 5:35 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was so moving! I have to admit, it did make me tear up a little. The fact that Ibuki-sensei could feel what Fuko-chan had said was the best ending for the Fuko arc they could have possibly put. I am glad it ended it such a beautiful way :]
Mar 14, 2008 6:40 PM

Dec 2006
Fuko's arc was really touching. Her desire to make her sis happy has made her come out as a memory to help with the wedding but as the day came, many have already forgotten Fuko.
Really sad arc...

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.